As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Black Desert Online (Orwen Server Ch. Mediah O1)

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Sorc is stupid fun. Basically an [insert element here] Bender, but with dark magicks.

From what I can tell Kunoichi is the same level of fun, I assume Ninja too considering.

Sorcs are god damn stylish though.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Well thanks you jerks, I'm downloading this game again.

• BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    Got ya!

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    Well thanks you jerks, I'm downloading this game again.

One of us! One of us!

Axen wrote: »
    Sorc is stupid fun. Basically an [insert element here] Bender, but with dark magicks.

From what I can tell Kunoichi is the same level of fun, I assume Ninja too considering.

I'm suuuuper close to my awakening - So I'm not sure what all that will add. But so far my only complaint about Ninja is that it seems to have a little more focus on single target damage. I might just be bad with the class though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    What's a good middling AP/DP to shoot for to get myself from 53 to 56? My wiz seems pretty underpowered once I hit 53. I think I'm somewhere around 105/120 right now.

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Soooo....

I was the Guild Leader do you guys want me to redownload so we can see what should be done about that or are people going their own ways?

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    To be honest, unless we get a few more active people in, I was just going to swap guilds.

I feel like I'm doing this game a disservice by not joining something more active.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I am playing but I do not log in enough to bother with anything guild wise. So I am still sitting in ours but I don't even know what that means honestly.

Kai_San wrote: »
    So I am still sitting in ours but I don't even know what that means honestly.

Free money!.. Until the guild runs out

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »

I'm suuuuper close to my awakening - So I'm not sure what all that will add. But so far my only complaint about Ninja is that it seems to have a little more focus on single target damage. I might just be bad with the class though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Awakenings change up the classes quite a bit. Ninja gets less agile but gets a good bit more damage and AoE out of it. So you'll use your awakening weapon when smashing things then swap back to pull more enemies.

It's an interesting style though I find the ninja awakening to be one of the jankier ones. It just feels a bit off. Musa awakening though, hnng.

steam_sig.png
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    So I am still sitting in ours but I don't even know what that means honestly.

Free money!.. Until the guild runs out

Even back at launch the pay from being in our guild was pretty mild compared to what I could make on my own. Now apparently I can just log in and the game hands me 43 million coins plus some 100G bars? I guess don't even need to play anymore to be rich.

Toxic Pickle on
    edited February 2017
    That's just the game tricking you into thinking you can actually afford anything :P

I dumped most of my earnings into a Duo Yuria and now I'm sitting on 119 AP at level 49. Progress!

BradicusMaximus on
    Wow I just noticed my main char from before I stopped playing somehow has 25 fail stacks. Apparently that is SUPER useful and hard to get.

I have no idea how I managed to get that.

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Failing a lot?

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    Hit 51 on my Ninja last night

I'm starting to notice survivability becoming an issue. Urge to swap back to Sorc rising

Arthil wrote: »
    Failing a lot?

Well I mean, getting 25 fails without succeeding on anything is pretty much a feat. This was before you could get weapons and armor above 15 btw. I can only guess it was my weapon but normally when you hit 15ish you succeed almost anything in a few tries before the PRI+ deals.

• Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    So I've been playing this for a couple of weeks now and having a blast. I love the combat, but what really drew me in was the intricacy of the crafting system. Currently trying to figure out a way to maximize AFK productivity because apparently my computer can happily run this in the background while I play WoW or Hearthstone or whatever.

I started with Berserker just to learn the combat because I read that it's an easy and straightforward class (in PvE at least). After trying out Ranger I'm leaning towards using the Zerker as a fisher/crafter and for grinding enough money to gear up my Ranger who'd be my main combat/PvP character. Is that a good idea? It's kind of difficult to google up stuff about the classes because most guides are out of date.

MSL59.jpg
    I am trying to get some money making going, but the biggest roadblock is contribution points. So I started trying to do the cooking approach, but the biggest roadblock is the tools needed to do it while afk (well, and the limited amount of mats I can get because there isn't enough nodes). I guess I need to learn how to farm, but that is not all that afk.

I am spending a lot of money to move away from Liverto because I just can't afford to get that anywhere above +12 likely because oh lord repairing that. I should be able to afford to get a yuria up to like, PRI without trouble. Except I got to +25 twice just getting it to +13. Apparently that is legendary bad luck.

I need to learn how to do a solid money grind, but all these places that list like 5-10 mil an hour grinding, when I tried it in an hour I don't think I even made 1 mil? I dunno what I am missing there.

Still been busy. I have more afk time than time to play, so I don't make a lot of progress right now. When I get more toward an afk system going at least I will be able to accumulate solid income when I don't get to play. If I can get one of my skills up to master or whatever, I could increase that fame income a ton. I also want to level all my char slots to 50 so I can get a little more from that aspect as well.

• KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    I am trying to get some money making going, but the biggest roadblock is contribution points. So I started trying to do the cooking approach, but the biggest roadblock is the tools needed to do it while afk (well, and the limited amount of mats I can get because there isn't enough nodes). I guess I need to learn how to farm, but that is not all that afk.

I am spending a lot of money to move away from Liverto because I just can't afford to get that anywhere above +12 likely because oh lord repairing that. I should be able to afford to get a yuria up to like, PRI without trouble. Except I got to +25 twice just getting it to +13. Apparently that is legendary bad luck.

I need to learn how to do a solid money grind, but all these places that list like 5-10 mil an hour grinding, when I tried it in an hour I don't think I even made 1 mil? I dunno what I am missing there.

Still been busy. I have more afk time than time to play, so I don't make a lot of progress right now. When I get more toward an afk system going at least I will be able to accumulate solid income when I don't get to play. If I can get one of my skills up to master or whatever, I could increase that fame income a ton. I also want to level all my char slots to 50 so I can get a little more from that aspect as well.

Have you tried AFK fishing? Very little initial investment and you can make sack fulls of money during an 8 hour work day.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I reinstalled this overnight. I remember pretty much nothing about how to play it, so jumping into it this evening should be entertaining. I hear there's some bonus XP thing for returning players?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    I reinstalled this overnight. I remember pretty much nothing about how to play it, so jumping into it this evening should be entertaining. I hear there's some bonus XP thing for returning players?

The top three servers on the list give like 100% exp bonus for the first 30 days after you return or make a new account. It's pretty great.

steam_sig.png
    I couldn't settle on a class to play. :lol:

On the one hand, I made a sorceress I love the look of. On the other hand, I really like the kuniochi outfits. And on the third hand, I've heard rangers are [one of?] the best for solo pve, which is 99.9% of my gaming.

What do? Is a sorc gonna struggle to solo? Am I gonna die a thousand times and ragequit?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    edited February 2017
    Rangers are no longer really that great I hear.

Sorc has been and still is one of the best all around classes in the game. Solo PVE, solo and group PVP. All of it.

However, it is actually beneficial to just level as many as you can to 50. It takes like 5 or 6 hours of effort if you use those daily boosts right per char and with 6 level 50s you move up a tier in the combat portion of that fame thing. At 300 total levels, you get 375k a day just from that.

Kai_San on
    Rangers are no longer really that great I hear.

Sorc has been and still is one of the best all around classes in the game. Solo PVE, solo and group PVP. All of it.

However, it is actually beneficial to just level as many as you can to 50. It takes like 5 or 6 hours of effort if you use those daily boosts right per char and with 6 level 50s you move up a tier in the combat portion of that fame thing. At 300 total levels, you get 375k a day just from that.

Yeah I play the game (all MMOs) considerably different from everyone else. I have zero interest in an "endgame" at all. When I hit a level cap, the character retires. For me, the fun is the leveling up part, the pretty princess dress-up, cooking up stews and wines, and taking my sweet-ass time exploring every nook and cranny in the world and enjoying the scenery/people/etc. So I don't really have any interest in rushing a bunch to the end to do... boring stuff.

I've also opted NOT to play on the bonus-XP servers for a similar reason.

I just want to play a class that can survive well in my not-very-competent hands while I go around smelling the roses and trying on all the clothes. :lol: If sorc can do that, then sorc is what I'll play.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    edited February 2017
    Everything before 50 is pretty much near impossible to die at unless you purposely ignore gear. Even then, they just upgraded the main quest line 1 time rewards to be REALLY strong now, so it still might be super easy.

But if you don't mind just kind of passing over combat, you really don't need to fight anything unless it is in your way and you can still level. I think everything but the combat is perfectly balanced in the game. And yeah, if you want to be safe leveling Sorc is king. They have a self buff that increases DP (basically your defense stat) AND skills you can put points into that make you harder to hit. Because of that most of them just take every single piece of equipment with AP (offensive stat) which is why I think they are so strong. Oh and they also have a skill that self buffs their crit chance obscenely. They are very self sufficient.

Also all their skills look fucking awesome, so that helps too.

I play MMOs by... spending twice as much time researching them than playing. Apparently that is how I like to play a lot of games anymore. I like a game I can basically study for hours on end about to get advantages, then take that and make it my own. My only issue is with this one, there is nothing to apply it to combat wise.

I think I am going to level one more char and then just kind of casually keep up with it for money and maybe give it another go down the road.

Kai_San on
  • TierwulfTierwulf Registered User regular
    I am pretty overwhelmed after returning to this. They dumped a basilisk belt and like 100m on me but I have no clue how to spend it (51 wiz 100 ap 110 dp or so), 50 sorc, 50 valk and a million alts for...something to do with crafting or managing my worker empire or making stuff I dunno. How do I even resume this?

Where does everyone reside normally?

Teknotier on PSN

www.twitch.tv/Teknotier
    I usually hang out on Mediah 3 because it's far enough down the list that it's often empty when I go to grind

Solo, truly the best way to play MMO.

steam_sig.png
    So I made 6 characters over the weekend - sorceress, valkyrie, ranger, witch, kunoichi, and maehwa - and played them each for a while.

Turns out that kuno and witch are the most fun, so I'll focus on those first.

I assume the guild is pretty much dead at this point.

Crafting in this makes my head spin. I think for now I'm just going to focus on gathering and basic processing ... and just sell the mats.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Wizard/Witch remain my favourites for being just shy of a Dragon's Dogma sorcerer party in terms of firepower.

9KmX8eN.jpg
    Yeah, exactly. Between chain lightning and fireball, I was having a grand old time just destroying all the things and then I look ahead in the skill tree and see blizzards and earthquakes too? Why, yes sir, sign me up for that please.

It helps that the visual effects for the spells are super satisfying too.

On the other hand, playing the kuno is stupidly fun for the total rush of stab/disappear-in-a-puff-of-smoke/reappear-a-few-feet-away/stab/repeat. It makes me think of the first Nightcrawler scene in the X-Men movie. Just Poof! Stab! Poof! Stab!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    edited February 2017
    Wait til you grab the explosion extra off fireball. It casts under reticle, so after a fireball, you can make something over yonder blow up, too.

I think the post lightning, or maybe post chain lightning, boom spell works similarly.

That opened things up for me a great deal. You get a boom, you get a boom, everyone gets a boom.

You got too close, you get frozen, your buddies get rocked, gravity hammer!

Endless carnage.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Not that I need another mmo to play, but I was looking at it and saw that it's only 9.99? Is that right? Am I really getting the whole game with that?

Steam: offday
    edited February 2017
    Oh yeah. That's correct. No joke, no catch, even. Though you /can/ spend more money if you want. Particularly on cosmetics.

It is pretty okay for what you pay. The backend crafting/market/doing stuff shenanigans are heavily developed, while pve combat is on the easy side of spectacle fighter, and pvp gets pretty gnarly complex.

For ten bucks you can have lots of fun.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
    What does investing energy in a node actually do for you?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    Not that I need another mmo to play, but I was looking at it and saw that it's only 9.99? Is that right? Am I really getting the whole game with that?

If you find yourself getting into the game, you'll probably end up spending a bit more, by investing in Weight capacity and/or pets.

Inventory space may also look like something to invest in, but it actually expands quite respectably through questing.

MSL59.jpg
    edited March 2017
    The RNG method of being able to buy Pearl items from the marketplace is really pissing me off. Other games (looking at you, TERA) that allow selling of cash shop items for in-game gold manage to do it without an RNG element, and I always know I can drop game currency on costumes or whatever. Here, there's virtually no chance I'll ever get the outfit I want without spending real money. I've spent days trying to beat the odds and nab that damn outfit. Booooo, I say. Boooo!

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    The RNG method of being able to buy Pearl items from the marketplace is really pissing me off. Other games (looking at you, TERA) that allow selling of cash shop items for in-game gold manage to do it without an RNG element, and I always know I can drop game currency on costumes or whatever. Here, there's virtually no chance I'll ever get the outfit I want without spending real money. I've spent days trying to beat the odds and nab that damn outfit. Booooo, I say. Boooo!

RNG?

People just buy them that quickly.

With a selling limit of only 5 per week the people pawning them off are also limited.

I've managed to get a few outfits, but it's definitely only the popular ones. I've had to put money on the less interesting ones.

Still need a shark for my Musa.

steam_sig.png
    According to what I've read, it's RNG. After all the bids are accepted, it randomly picks from the bidders and that person has like 30 seconds to confirm the purchase or it goes to open sale/who clicks it first.

It used to be who got there first, so maybe that's what you remember.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    You should have also read that compared to the previous method, you actually have a MUCH higher chance of getting it now than you ever would have before.

Unless you have programmed yourself some choice sniping software, that is.