As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo] Finished Zelda? Why don't you play...hang on, gimme a second...

• DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    It's a hard question because in general I'd probably just play 3rd party stuff on pc and PS4 like I have with the Wii U

Nintendo systems are for Nintendo games and games made exclusively for Nintendo systems, of which there's usually only a handful

Except for the wii

I just looked at my wii collection and counted all the third party exclusives. A couple got ps3 ports years later, but not counting that I have 18

If the Switch get's that kind of third party support again it will be a dream come true.

Also just for fun I counted the third party exclusives I have for the Wii U. I HAVE NONE.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Just give me more From Software Souls games just inject them into me.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    But yeah, I have a ps4 so if any third party games come out and both that and the switch, I'll just get it on ps4

Give me all the weird third party switch exclusives

Give me stuff made by Platinum and Red Steel 3 and rpgs made by companies I've never head of and such

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    TWEWY Too. Also Skies of Arcadia HD.

*laughter that turns to sobs*

Mx. Quill on
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Doing a hitman escalation on the go sounds preeeettttyyy good

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Sounds like the Switch will have Suspend & Resume, particularly when docked

6F32U1X.png
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    https://www.videogamer.com/news/new-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-gameplay-on-nintendo-switch

100 Minutes of BoTW gameplay from a Japanese press event, helpful if you're on the fence about the game.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Not officially confirmed from Nintendo yet, but a Nordic retailer has reported that Nintendo has told them the NES Classic is ceasing production. To expect March/April shipments and then that's it.

If true, I'm really looking forward to reading the fanboy defenses that are constructed for this farcical shitshow of a production cycle.

I guess the best possible interpretation of this announcement is that production is ceasing exclusively in Nordic territories (which sucks for them), but will continue elsewhere?

Ceno wrote: »
    Not officially confirmed from Nintendo yet, but a Nordic retailer has reported that Nintendo has told them the NES Classic is ceasing production. To expect March/April shipments and then that's it.

If true, I'm really looking forward to reading the fanboy defenses that are constructed for this farcical shitshow of a production cycle.

I guess the best possible interpretation of this announcement is that production is ceasing exclusively in Nordic territories (which sucks for them), but will continue elsewhere?

or, again, that it was a limited release item that wasn't a huge profit venue for them and they didn't care about making it a huge top selling item

Also I'm far from a nintendo fanboy and the conspiracy theories around this thing are just exhausting

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    It's a $60 knickknack and they aren't obligated to keep making it in perpetuity

6F32U1X.png
    because wanting them to make it for more than three months = wanting them to make it until the sun dies

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

I am curious would they bring over the backgrounds and badge arcade from the 3ds to the switch?
    I know it would be annoying to see someone's set up if it's a family machine but then again it was nice to customize your theme and menu on your machine

because wanting them to make it for more than three months = wanting them to make it until the sun dies

no, but neither does you not getting one equate to a vast conspiracy of preventing people from getting one

All indications are that this was a throwaway novelty item for Holiday 2016 to boost their numbers in a year where they had no major releases

Of course they were going to quit while they were ahead, to continue producing this thing takes away resources that could be going to the launch and rest-of-year support of their new main platform

6F32U1X.png
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I am honestly confused at the fact that anyone has strong feelings about the NES classic

it's a collection of thirty year old games

are any of them not readily available on another platform?

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I just wanted it as a collection piece, I had no intent of ever actually opening it

7yh4xczljsym.png
    Shorty wrote: »
    I am honestly confused at the fact that anyone has strong feelings about the NES classic

A collection of "best of" thirty year old games that were packaged in an official mini-NES that was (theoretically) priced well. A thing that I could literally turn on for my 5-year-old daughter to teach them about games. Simple controller, nice introduction to the medium. Fun nostalgia trip for me.

I would rather buy a NES Classic than a Switch.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

A collection of "best of" thirty year old games that were packaged in an official mini-NES that was (theoretically) priced well. A thing that I could literally turn on for my 5-year-old daughter to teach them about games. Simple controller, nice introduction to the medium. Fun nostalgia trip for me.

I would rather buy a NES Classic than a Switch.

Nintendo would rather the reverse, though, and are "obligated" as a business to pursue that reality.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Wow. My walmart has had 5 shipped to the store total.

There's barely been a day I've worked where I haven't had one or two people ask about the damned thing.

If they don't make it so the NES Classic is on shelves for at least a little bit then they'll have pissed off the 20-30 people at my store who are waiting for them.

No I don't.
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I would not call the NES Classic a "best of" collection.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I would very much still like to buy an NES Classic and am disappointed that I can not.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Let me pose a question to yall

If you could bring over only one third party AAA franchise (not already confirmed) to the switch, which would you bring

If reviving a franchise counts, Breath of Fire.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    Yeah do you want a current franchise, or ever

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Zython wrote: »

If you could bring over only one third party AAA franchise (not already confirmed) to the switch, which would you bring

Breath of Fire is an active franchise

• DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    Yeah, if Nintendo's reasoning for supposedly stopping NES production is to make the Switch more desirable or not eat the sales, then they are dumber than I thought. I don't see the two market segments overlapping all that much. For $60 bucks, it's something I want as a collectors item and to clean up the area around the TV I'd put it. I have a ton of old games, including carts for every game in that 30 I would want to play, plus an NES to play them on, and I still want it. I would have bought multiples, one for my brother's family so his little kids can play something my brother and I used to love, on a simple controller that I know is indestructible. This is a family that won't be getting the Switch. At $60 that would have been a lot of christmas gifts to people I know. Instead they got $0 from me because I can't find the thing. I'm still here and willing to pay, though.

The Switch? Not interested in yet. I know I'll get one eventually but this will be the first Nintendo console I don't buy at launch and that's saying something as I have purchased everything they've made, multiple times and revisions in fact. I'm old enough now where a lot of their bullshit no longer gets a free pass from me.

Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

oh right... the mobile game. now I'm sad

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    DHS Odium wrote: »
    Yeah, if Nintendo's reasoning for supposedly stopping NES production is to make the Switch more desirable or not eat the sales, then they are dumber than I thought.

Production lines don't have infinite space

6F32U1X.png
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I guess if the question is AAA franchises only....assassin's creed, I suppose

really though I'm just not terribly interested in any AAA games that aren't made by Nintendo or bioware, and I don't have any feelings about where I play bioware games (except that I want to do the multi with my friends and they're all playing it on PS4)

Hmm.

X-com would be cool to have portable

Hmm.

I hear the iPad version's quite good

6F32U1X.png
    Hmm.

I didn't consider that to be AAA but I do agree that it would be neat to play it on the switch

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Hmm.

It is

But when playing XCOM on it, it has even worse battery life than the Switch

That thing absolutely massacres the battery

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am going with Mass Effect.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Yeah do you want a current franchise, or ever

I mean I have to assume that he's not trying to give me another excuse to bring up Shadow Hearts

liEt3nH.png
  • SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    DHS Odium wrote: »
    Yeah, if Nintendo's reasoning for supposedly stopping NES production is to make the Switch more desirable or not eat the sales, then they are dumber than I thought. I don't see the two market segments overlapping all that much. For $60 bucks, it's something I want as a collectors item and to clean up the area around the TV I'd put it. I have a ton of old games, including carts for every game in that 30 I would want to play, plus an NES to play them on, and I still want it. I would have bought multiples, one for my brother's family so his little kids can play something my brother and I used to love, on a simple controller that I know is indestructible. This is a family that won't be getting the Switch. At $60 that would have been a lot of christmas gifts to people I know. Instead they got $0 from me because I can't find the thing. I'm still here and willing to pay, though.

The Switch? Not interested in yet. I know I'll get one eventually but this will be the first Nintendo console I don't buy at launch and that's saying something as I have purchased everything they've made, multiple times and revisions in fact. I'm old enough now where a lot of their bullshit no longer gets a free pass from me.

You've bought a lot of their old stuff, multiple times, and want to buy modern copies of their old stuff, but you don't want to buy their new stuff because of their bullshit? Like, I'm not trying to sound insulting or anything but I really don't understand where you're coming from. What is the bullshit that makes you not want to get a switch?

I feel like Nintendo already gets a lot of shit for riding on nostalgia so much, so it feels strange to hear someone say they want MORE nostalgia from nintendo, as opposed to new stuff.

sig.gif
    Hmm.

I don't have an iPad and probably never will

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    what if the 4th shadow hearts focused exclusively on the vampire families

liEt3nH.png
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Active or not, it still needs revival.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular

ff7 remake now switch exclusive

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
This discussion has been closed.