As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bad Food "Thread": Things Man Was Not Meant To Digest

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I just bought some Timm Tamms and ate one.

Thank you Australia. You did good.

I just did the same thing actually. I introduced a friend of mine to Tim tams and Pocky in the same lunch break.

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    white and milk chocolate mentos

16684227_1611430912206743_868736419153226782_n.jpg?oh=9ba7c813ed2e4e92d4ca494eeecab9d2&oe=59432424

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Yo if you're not sucking a hot drink through your tim tam you're not actually experiencing Tim tams fyi

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Grislo wrote: »
    Psykoma wrote: »
    One year I ordered a pizza from somewhere local on a valentines day, and included a note asking if they would arrange the pepperoni as a smiley face.

So I received a heart shaped pizza with a smiley face on it.
    The taste was okay. The shape was not appreciated. The smiley face was.

I once ordered a pizza. No special instructions, just a normal pizza. It came shaped like a fish.

a531242d09h.jpg

WEEZZA WAS RIGHT THERE

My cousins in Colorado wanted to open up a restaurant that served cooked-in marijuana and I told them to call it the WEEZZARIA and they told me I was dumb and that pizza and weed didn't go together.

Yeah fuck me, right? I don't even smoke so I guess I'm too dumb to know what munchies are.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    white and milk chocolate mentos

16684227_1611430912206743_868736419153226782_n.jpg?oh=9ba7c813ed2e4e92d4ca494eeecab9d2&oe=59432424

The chocolate caramel ones are pretty good.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    A surprising amount of pizza shops are staffed completely by stoner college kids or crusty but charming old stoners

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I love crusty but charming old stoners. They're my favorite subcategory of library patron. I once spent half an hour helping some Willie Nelson-looking motherfucker find books that would teach him to grow hydroponic "strawberries" indoors before I got him to admit that he wanted to grow weed, so I could show him to the surprisingly comprehensive section we have on basement grow ops.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Update: Timm Tamms still good.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    But how are the TimTams.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    CeNBbNzUkAItsKG.jpgFirefly-firefly-352653_500_375.jpg

Timm Tams.

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    My local movie theater started serving hot food recently

I had a greasy cheeseburger and waffle fries with John Wick 2 today

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Double coat are best with coffee. Confirmed.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Noooooo, all my local McDonalds have gotten rid of their Freestyle pop machines!? No longer will I be able to enjoy my favourite concoction, Coke Zero with lime!

Is this the heavy price we must pay for the incoming all-day breakfast?

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Noooooo, all my local McDonalds have gotten rid of their Freestyle pop machines!? No longer will I be able to enjoy my favourite concoction, Coke Zero with lime!

Thanks, Obama

BLM - ACAB
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    My local movie theater started serving hot food recently

I had a greasy cheeseburger and waffle fries with John Wick 2 today

My brother and his friend had a game who can sneak in what food into a theater
    They gave up after pizza and beer
    But they sunk in pancake breakfasts, and large course dinners before the pizza

Brainleech on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

I miss that acid of Coke with Lemonade
    It would eat the cup

• BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    One time all the freestyle machines had some weird windows error message blocking the UI, no one could get sodas it was terrible.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Booze ain't food, but Valentine's Day is tomorrow so...

https://youtu.be/mOiFHluYnM0

sig.gif
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Booze ain't food...

What?!

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Sorce, I'm gonna ask you politely to take that back. Then I'm gonna ask not as politely :p

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Booze ain't food, but Valentine's Day is tomorrow so...

https://youtu.be/mOiFHluYnM0
    how the hell am i alive then, smart guy?

and from a different angle, how the hell am i alive

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    One time all the freestyle machines had some weird windows error message blocking the UI, no one could get sodas it was terrible.
    between this and the fact that every single one i have used makes everything that comes out of it taste kinda lemony, i say again death to the coca-cola freestyle

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    between this and the fact that every single one i have used makes everything that comes out of it taste kinda lemony, i say again death to the coca-cola freestyle

None of the employees knew how to fix it, a beverage dispensing machine actually needed IT support. So they decided to just give the remaining customers a bottled soda from the fridge while they waited for support.

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    also only in isreal ? weird

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    Good mix: Cola and orange juice

I enjoyed Orange Crush and Root Beer as a kid. Was my family's version of swap water.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Coldstones asks me who I love more than chocolate in an email.

No one, give me that fucking chocolate.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

I don't know. Those scalp massagers, no joke, make me writhe in pleasure

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    So @Lost Salient, last week I discovered I have another food intolerance.

Really, really cheap hot dogs/"sausages".

I've tracked it over the last couple times I've had them, and they shred up my stomach. This last time I was sick for three days after eating a couple of them.

So now I guess I can only eat actual sausages.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    You may have a nitrate intolerance! The cheaper the dog, the more likely they are to slather it in nitrates to mimic a genuine salt cure in a short period of time. In certain people, high levels of nitrates can cause symptoms similar to lactose intolerance. How do you do with non-fancy salami?

Edit: if you want to experiment, you can find non-cured, salt-cured, or smoked franks and sausages in most grocery stores.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    That could certainly be it.

The hot dogs & "sausages" were from BAR-S.

But the sausages I usually get are Hillshire Farms and my body has zero problems with those.

• the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    more like BAR-F

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I don't know why you're putting scare quotes around sausages

sausages are historically made from pretty heinous cuts of meat. If anything, a fancy hoity toity sausage is less of an "actual" sausages than something made from offcuts and filler

#pipe wrote: »

sausages are historically made from pretty heinous cuts of meat. If anything, a fancy hoity toity sausage is less of an "actual" sausages than something made from offcuts and filler

It might seem a bit classist, but the BAR-S package of 14 sausages for $4 fills with me some doubt on how sausage-like their sausages can be when compared to a package of five to six Hillshire sausages with spices & such in them for a much higher price point.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

Hey, that's my favorite Freestyle drink too!

The only places with Freestyle machines around here that I know of though are Five Guys and Jack in the Box, both of which are unfortunately considerably out of my way to get to.

Zonugal wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »

It might seem a bit classist, but the BAR-S package of 14 sausages for $4 fills with me some doubt on how sausage-like their sausages can be when compared to a package of five to six Hillshire sausages with spices & such in them for a much higher price point.

I just don't think you can use "Sausage-like" as a declaration of quality

sausages can be made out of anything! being cheap and shitty certainly doesn't make it not a sausage.

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I generally enjoy shitty hot dogs and sausages, but BAR-S are just the worst. The texture is like sawdust for most of their products.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    So @Lost Salient, last week I discovered I have another food intolerance.

Really, really cheap hot dogs/"sausages".

I've tracked it over the last couple times I've had them, and they shred up my stomach. This last time I was sick for three days after eating a couple of them.

So now I guess I can only eat actual sausages.

"Actual sausages" :winky:

This discussion has been closed.