As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV:Heavensward] /dote on people with this year's Valentione Event!

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    yeh gubal is now quicker than ARF.

I haven't bothered doing the CT weekly for aether oil because the queues take hours on my data centre so i've just been buying them with lore. I'm in no huge rush to complete these steps.

That Dave Fella on
    PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    That's a shame. As DPS a few months back they were almost instant.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    kime
    784212b08c.jpg

come on that's just rubbing it in :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    I hope for the last step we get a bonus lil anima pet minion.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    I hope for the last step we get a bonus lil anima pet minion.

...you get that for finishing the 270 step. It's rather cute.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    kime wrote: »
    kime
    784212b08c.jpg

come on that's just rubbing it in :P

I was doing fates yesterday without the quest in my logs. I did bring good luck to the guy I was helping and he got 2 crystals in 2 fates.

edited February 2017
    So, info we should get this weekend:

4.0:
    * Whether or not they're confident in the 6/20 date.
    * Second job reveal.
    * More details on the job system revisions.

3.55/3.56
    * More details on New Diadem.
    * Info on planned anima step tweaks (umbrite hell, with luck.)
    * Info on new capstone trial for 3.X.
    * Possible lifting/raising of weekly caps.

AngelHedgie on
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Yes. Please raise the scrip cap.

If anything they'll just remove the scrip cap in either 3.55 or 3.56.

I wouldn't mind a new race Yoshida...
    Bunny people plz.

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    You know, people joke about glamours being endgame, but an alternative to roulettes for increasing throughput on older dungeons would be some kind of new system built around gear sets. Like mannequins that you could complete gear sets on for achievements/titles/rewards...

A challenge system in 4 mans would be nice.

Kill Boss A in under X amount of time. No deaths, etc, etc...

Maximum wrote: »

They did that in 1.X, and...it had issues.

How so?

Steam profile

Yeah, I suppose it would lead to dickish behavior. I just want a reason to run this stuff, other than, I need lore for my Anima.

How so?

In 1.X, they had par times for dungeons that foment some toxic behavior.

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular

How so?

Sure, but it could just be an option on the duty finder section where they put in-progress/undersized/loot/freelancer rules.

So you can only queue up with other people who match your goals, and set up party finder for it. I'd love to see some synced speedrun goals. But it doesn't really accomplish the goal of keeping players in old dungeons though, because it'd have to be almost exclusively premades.

In general, I think it would be neat to have optional dungeon challenges for premades. Especially if they could do a sync that caps your level and stats, but lets you keep abilities and traits.

Clear with no healers
    Clear using only weaponskills/spells
    Clear naked

Just think about how speedruns push the boundaries of "old" content. Super Metroid is 23 years old and people are still pushing the boundaries. I'd look forward to the day when someone figures out how to cheese sastasha with a naked level 14 WHM.

• NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a new race Yoshida...
    Bunny people plz.

They were looking at Viera for Heavensward, but went with Au'Ra (who are completely uninspired, IMO) instead. The male Viera looked pretty cool in the art. Suitably masculine and muscular, in a way that doesn't completely set them apart from the females.

The biggest issue with a new race is adopting existing (and future) gear to fit on them. And clipping is already a huge issue (my male Miqo'te DRK's sword and hair clip pretty noticeably with Shire gear).

I'd love Viera (or something cool, like Bangaa or Gria (which is what Au'Ra should've been, IMO) or Nu Mou, or something else suitably exotic), but I don't see it happening. Maybe they'll get lazy and give us Padjal, although we already have two races with shit coming out of their heads (Miqo'te with their ears and Au'Ra with their horns).

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Ugh, the garo mounts have been hell because my luck has been shit.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Can you lock the hotkey bar such that you can't click and drag around abilities?

Steam profile
    Yeh there should be a lock on the bottom right of your main hotbar

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Ok, so.

I have my two retainers from standard leveling and am about to pay for two more per month; I currently have a miner and a botanist, I'm thinking about going with a fisher and then a hunter class, like ARC. I realize that it's going to take a while for them to level up to the 33-ish from my first two, but I have about 60 venture tokens stockpiled. I should be okay with that, right?

Also, I'm going to be able to break up storage between retainers again (thank you, Jesus) so I can have a each one hold onto separate mats that are associated with their respective jobs.

Is Stormblood going to have any better, more efficient storage options? I've been out of the loop lately on patch/expansion notes.

The devs have vaguely mentioned improving inventory space, but nothing is known beyond "we hear you, and we'll do something about it." The assumption is more slots, but there may or may not be more than that for an inventory makeover. We may know more this weekend at the last Fan Fest.

Also, I got the DRK war panther. Best ground mount ever.

Still looking for Enbarr to finish my pony collection. I have Nightmare, but not Enbarr.

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    @Darth Waiter you can buy more ventures with Grand Company seals too.

To level your dudes, you want to get them geared up to be the minimum item level for the 18 hour exploration missions and send them on that. All of the combat classes/jobs missions are the same. You would ideally want one combat retainer and the rest the gatherers.

• SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    What's the difference between sending retainers on Field Exploration missions, as opposed to Hunting missions?

Is it generally worth levelling retainers through either, as opposed to just burning ventures on repeated Quick Explorations? I've no interest in gathering or crafting so I don't really need a consistent mat supply, so I just have one combat retainer and another inventory mule.

Suriko on
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    Darth Waiter you can buy more ventures with Grand Company seals too.

To level your dudes, you want to get them geared up to be the minimum item level for the 18 hour exploration missions and send them on that. All of the combat classes/jobs missions are the same. You would ideally want one combat retainer and the rest the gatherers.

@Yukira

Yeah, I burned a few GC seals for extra ventures because they're super cheap for multiple reasons at 30-50; I've mostly been focusing on levequests that reward ventures when I can simply because I knew I was going to hit this point of needing various low-level gathering to be done. Crafting at sub-max-levels has this weird necessity for ultra-low mats combined with bleeding edge mats and it's the only real complaint I have. Having said that, I find it quite refreshing to harvest HQ mats to give me the extra edge for HQ crafting at whatever my current skill is at.

Also, I want you to know that I still hate you for getting me back into another MMO.

Give Monty and the ladies my love.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Suriko wrote: »
    What's the difference between sending retainers on Field Exploration missions, as opposed to Hunting missions?

Is it generally worth levelling retainers through either, as opposed to just burning ventures on repeated Quick Explorations? I've no interest in gathering or crafting so I don't really need a consistent mat supply, so I just have one combat retainer and another inventory mule.

I think the most venture-efficient leveling is field exploration (/woodland/mountain/etc. depending on class). Time-efficiency I think quick or targetted runs win out.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »

How so?

Sure, but it could just be an option on the duty finder section where they put in-progress/undersized/loot/freelancer rules.

So you can only queue up with other people who match your goals, and set up party finder for it. I'd love to see some synced speedrun goals. But it doesn't really accomplish the goal of keeping players in old dungeons though, because it'd have to be almost exclusively premades.

In general, I think it would be neat to have optional dungeon challenges for premades. Especially if they could do a sync that caps your level and stats, but lets you keep abilities and traits.

Clear with no healers
    Clear using only weaponskills/spells
    Clear naked

Just think about how speedruns push the boundaries of "old" content. Super Metroid is 23 years old and people are still pushing the boundaries. I'd look forward to the day when someone figures out how to cheese sastasha with a naked level 14 WHM.

So my issue with these challenges is that it does not improve anything for new players. With these challenges you would never queue in DF along with sprouts: their queue times would be just as long (restrictive) as before and they would mostly be in those queues with other novice players. I consider this a net loss: sprouts deserve a smooth sailing to current content and they would have less chances to interact with veteran players.

The goal for populating older content is to keep it open for newer players. Whether that is side content like Coil, or story content related to MSQ: if newbie DPS queues for it they should have a short queue followed by a decent run through.

I would love to have additional rewards for veteran players, to make it worth their time to properly run through a variety of content. Perhaps an additional cosmetic or crafting reward at the end of the dungeon? Or a more elaborate Wondrous Tails thing?

Also: can we get a reward to anyone who bothers to explain mechanics before the 1st wipe? :/

There's no trick to unlocking the egi glamour quest is there? I have a level 50 SMN who has completed 'Primal Burdens'. According to what I've found online, the ARC guildmaster should offer me the glamour quest now, but there's no quest marker at all over her head.

Any ideas? Everything I've read suggests I should have access to that quest.

I wish this game did a better job teaching people how to play the damn jobs.

I hate seeing BLM in dungeons spamming blizzard 3 and Fire 3.

And then they get to 60 and don't use fire 4.

edited February 2017
    Anime get!!
    89i3sxb0as0r.png

Here's hoping for more particle effects for 275.

Riokenn on

pffft, how stupid. It's like they can't read. Scathe has no cast time, why wouldn't you just spam that? Dumb dumbs.

<3

Steam profile
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Fire I has a shorter cast time. Therefore, the smart thing to do is to only use Fire I.

If you think that's bad, I had to explain how the Astral Fire/Umbral Ice system worked to my buddy. He thought you continuously alternated between Fire and Ice, which would result in never actually casting the right spell in the right mode.

Oh I've seen that in dungeons too.

I once taught a player how to play BLM correctly.

They said "I'll try it your way but I don't think it's as much damage"

This was after the spent the first half of the dungeon never swapping correctly using fire 3/blizzard 3.

They would cast fire 3 till empty and then blizzard 1 and then blizzard 3.

Oh they'd transpose to fire from ice instead of just using fire 3.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    Fire I has a shorter cast time. Therefore, the smart thing to do is to only use Fire I.

Fledgling BLM here. Isn't that what BLMs do in their Fire state? Get to Astral 3 with Fire 3, and then use Fire until the Firestarter trait procs?

Enlong wrote: »

Fledgling BLM here. Isn't that what BLMs do in their Fire state? Get to Astral 3 with Fire 3, and then use Fire until the Firestarter trait procs?

Yes. Fire III ->Fire->Fire->Fire->Blizzard III

I think Caed was just joking about skipping over the III part because of the cast time.

• CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Enlong wrote: »

Naw, that's correct if you are sub60. I've run with BLM that have only used Fire I. No Blizzard at all.

Caedwyr on
This discussion has been closed.