As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV:Heavensward] /dote on people with this year's Valentione Event!

1939495969799»

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    Fire I has a shorter cast time. Therefore, the smart thing to do is to only use Fire I.

Fledgling BLM here. Isn't that what BLMs do in their Fire state? Get to Astral 3 with Fire 3, and then use Fire until the Firestarter trait procs?

Naw, that's correct if you are sub60. I've run with BLM that have only used Fire I. No Blizzard at all.

What did they just constantly stop doing anything until astral fire wore off and they were able to regen mp again?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Fire I has a shorter cast time. Therefore, the smart thing to do is to only use Fire I.

Fledgling BLM here. Isn't that what BLMs do in their Fire state? Get to Astral 3 with Fire 3, and then use Fire until the Firestarter trait procs?

Naw, that's correct if you are sub60. I've run with BLM that have only used Fire I. No Blizzard at all.

What did they just constantly stop doing anything until astral fire wore off and they were able to regen mp again?

Yes. This was in a Sohm Ahl dungeon run (the mid 50s one). People got pretty pissed off because they figured the guy was just trolling everyone and not carrying their weight. Turned out they just didn't get the BLM system, had levelled mostly via Fates, and actually improved a bit when we gave them pointers. This is better than the auto-attack BRDs I've run with, or the BRDs that only use their AoE move because they like the graphic (it makes lots of arrows fall from the sky). Having 2x of those BRDs in an Anti-tower run when it was the current EX dungeon took forever.

Caedwyr on
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I wonder how many BLM realize that it's the Umbral Ice stance/aura/mode itself that regenerates MP and not casting spells in that state. I've found it beneficial to transpose into Umbral during downtime to regain my MP quickly between encounters.

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I had a drg in gubal who would do 3parts of their combo and then ring of thorns instead of finishing the combo cause "i'm just having a chill run man"

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    I had a drg in gubal who would do 3parts of their combo and then ring of thorns instead of finishing the combo cause "i'm just having a chill run man"

Somehow, the image of a DRG stoned out of their mind seems...appropriate.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    To be fair, Enochian and Fire/Blizzard IV take a while to get used to using effectively. When I was leveling my BLM in POTD I really only ever used Enochian on bosses, so it took a bit to feel more comfortable.

I also saw a BLM in my group the other day spamming Blizzard IV, which was...odd.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    While we're on the topic, I really hope they tweak Enochian in 4.0. Especially if they're going to continue adding bosses with untargetable phases.

Not a flat increase in duration, because that would be too easy. Maybe another proc, or something like that.

• Options
    I think what they'll do and this is for DRG and BLM is allow the use of fire IV, fang and claw and wheeling thrust as baseline and enochian and blood of the dragon will increase your damage so you get rewarded for playing well but don't get overly penalised when the ability drops because of the fight.

At least that's what I'd like them to do.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I just want Summoners to have an Aetherflow action they can use on themselves or without a target. I hate losing my Aethertrail stacks between phases.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I just want my PLD to have these problems.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    PLD is all about the defensive play and spot healing to take the load off the healers. It's a different setup from the other tanks and one I really like. Also Cover is great for lazy tanking when you don't want to spare the GCD for Flash or Shield Toss on an add.

I've played all three tanks at 60 in both group and raid encounters and the PLD is the easiest tank class to turn an iffy party into a successful party.

Caedwyr on
  • Options
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    How is the PA population for this? I played it on PC a while back and had a blast. Was thinking about picking it up on the PSN sale and trying it out on the PS4.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    How is the PA population for this? I played it on PC a while back and had a blast. Was thinking about picking it up on the PSN sale and trying it out on the PS4.

Our FC(guild) GhostInTheLinkshell (FC tag <GHOST>) is one of the largest on our server (good ol' Sargatanas), and we have people of every level of play. Just find someone with the tag above after their name, right click on them, then select to view their FC info. From that window, you can submit an application to join.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Awesome! Just a couple more questions: how does voice chat work on the PS4 in game? Also would I benefit from plugging in a keyboard for chat?

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Awesome! Just a couple more questions: how does voice chat work on the PS4 in game? Also would I benefit from plugging in a keyboard for chat?

There is no voice chat in game, but we do have our own Discord server, with details available in the FC message. As for the keyboard, yes! Not only will it help with chatting, but there are some commands I find easier on KB versus controller, such as zoom. You can even go full KBAM if you want, though the controller scheme is very usable.

• Options
    It sucks for the US guys that the keynote and live letter is at 1:30am PST and 4:30am EST.

• Options
    Tomorrow, right?

If I get to work early enough, I could- oh wait, I didn't buy the stream.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    But......Yuna Minion!! :bzz:
    Only reason I'm buying the stream.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    If we get SAM tank, I want some of its moves to be named in the style of Bravely Default swordmaster abilities.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    If we get SAM tank, I want some of its moves to be named in the style of Bravely Default swordmaster abilities.

I did not think of this... but...

Yes please. Especially as Swordmaster is designed to draw attacks and tank them.

Hell, Nothing Ventured / Before Swine would be perfect for defensive buffs.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    In case you haven't seen it yet, new thread here: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/209829

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
This discussion has been closed.