As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Fire Emblem Thread! Echoes may be a remake but hey lets use spoilers anyway

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Wait, what's this -spd/+res stuff??? Do characters have natures like Pokemon?

More or less exactly like pokemon.

They will have 0-2 + stats, and an equal number of - stats. This is 1 point at level 1, and like... 3 points or so at 40?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's 3 points difference at 40.

So Effie has base 22 SPD, my -SPD Effie will have 19 while a +SPD Effie would have 25 SPD and also be very unfortunate

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    did another 5-pull. 1 four star (Matthew). a 3-star Robin with the video intro, adding insult to injury.

oh, and another goddamn Jagen. I pull that asshole so much. I can't get a single Effie, but sure, why not give me a billion fucking Jagens

which game is Jagen in? I want to know so I can play it and get him killed in it

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    did another 5-pull. 1 four star (Matthew). a 3-star Robin with the video intro, adding insult to injury.

oh, and another goddamn Jagen. I pull that asshole so much. I can't get a single Effie, but sure, why not give me a billion fucking Jagens

which game is Jagen in? I want to know so I can play it and get him killed in it

He's the original "prepomoted unit with terrible stats that will siphon XP away and fuck you over if you use him", from FE1

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    jesus I thought i couldn't hate him any more

let me say it now and forever: fuck right off, Jagen.

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    That's not how you Jagen. How you Jagen is you reduce enemies to one HP and then use other units to finish them.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I think my only strong fire emblem fates opinion so far is that shigure absolutely positively needs a sibling otherwise you miss put on the best support in the entire game

Gundi wrote: »
    That's not how you Jagen. How you Jagen is you reduce enemies to one HP and then use other units to finish them.

I prefer to Seth, instead

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    pivMziUm.jpg

My son! You came home at last!

Now, to begin your training to turn you into the unstoppable god you were always meant to be!

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Donnel honestly is a force to be reckon' with

really tempted to make him the first unit that I promote to 5 stars

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Donnel honestly is a force to be reckon' with

really tempted to make him the first unit that I promote to 5 stars

I've leveled him to 40 at 3 stars. He still keeps up.

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I can't decide how to use my feathers!

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »

Right now? Probably 3*-4* promotes, unless you have someone who really wants something they get at 5* (or the stat bonus, because holy shit the stat increase at 5*)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »

Sharena's a decent choice if no-one else stands out. Great abilities, can't get a better one from the Gacha, and you have her already.

Sharena is an incredibly solid support cheerleader style character

Against physical enemies she can provide 8 damage reduction, has pretty solid stats, and Rally Attack

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    hey, can someone who got one of the twins let me know who the artist for them is?

the coloring makes me think it's Sachiko Wada again, but the faces don't quite look like her work?

Asatani Tomoyo (source: reddit pic)

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    My first pull on this new banner.
    4* fae
    4* effie
    some other nobodies aint nobody care about.

I think im going to bring effie up to 5* sometime soon. Then my team will be
    Takumi 5*
    Marth 5*
    Effie 5*
    Fae 4*

Feeling pretty good about it. I think it has a decent coverage for Weapon Triangle, Magic+Physical, and has a nice offense vs defense split.

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Had one bad round vs. triple red swords on the lava map, but got a score of 4279 i can be happy with

Thanks, Roy

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    Julia @ 40 (+spd/-hp): HP 34 / ATK 49 / SPD 30 / DEF 17 / RES 35 (Naga and +3 res equipped)

Took 8 damage on defense from a level 40 Henry despite weapon triangle disadvantage, so she's excellent at pulling any and all enemy mages and dragons.

Team is now Ryoma, Julia, Linde and Takumi+1, should be able to just about hit 4.5k with no mistakes.

ladi.png
  • RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Dunno how I feel about FE: Heroes overall, but I have been playing it. Been going with 5* Nowi, 5* Camilla, 5* Caeda, and just a 3* Serra for support. Seems to do ok at my arena bracket, I even win a handful of defense battles somehow despite the potential issue with archers due to the double fliers. Just recently pulled a 5* Chrom (+Spd -Res) that I might replace Caeda with? (I don't know my other unit's IVs since I started leveling them before I knew about such things, and possibly before the calculators were even available).

Anyone have any experience with any of these other characters? They're my 4* units that I could try to blow all my feathers on to get one to 5* rank, unless I decide to rank up Serra or something.
    Roy (who seems notably bad from what little I've used of him so far, anyway)
    Palla
    Henry
    Est
    Corrin (F)
    Odin
    Wrys

Also have a 3* Olivia as my only notable dancer so far, who I've heard good things about but I'd suppose that would probably only be true at 4 or 5 rank so she has decent ways to contribute on turns where she's not actually using Dance.

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Roy got a LOT better for me once he gained some levels

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    i'm sorry, Roy is garbage

gets doubled by the other red swords, but isn't tanky enough to take two hits.

I guess he's good at killing the axe users that no one else is using.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    The only Green units seeing much use right now are Hector, Camilla and Nino/Julia; Roy's really good against Hector, but the other three can be taken out by other units who bring more to the table.

Olivia is really good at 4*, Hone Attack and Dance are really solid and will help Camilla get around archers.

ladi.png
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Heroes is not thrifty about data use my goodness, unless I can get it run on the work wifi I'm gonna have to scale back where and when I play this thing

Which sucks cause I feel like I've only just started having fun with it

2x39jD4.jpg
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Heroes is not thrifty about data use my goodness, unless I can get it run on the work wifi I'm gonna have to scale back where and when I play this thing

Really? I downloaded the big update packages at launch on wifi, but I game often on LTE and it only has used about 30mb? It seemed pretty light compared to what I had heard about Super Mario Run and what I experienced with Trials Frontier.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »

Really? I downloaded the big update packages at launch on wifi, but I game often on LTE and it only has used about 30mb? It seemed pretty light compared to what I had heard about Super Mario Run and what I experienced with Trials Frontier.

maybe my phone is lying to me but I did all the major updates over wifi and it says its used almost 500mb of data which is ridiculous

2x39jD4.jpg
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    ArcSyn wrote: »

maybe my phone is lying to me but I did all the major updates over wifi and it says its used almost 500mb of data which is ridiculous

Wow. That does seem crazy. Foreground? Background?

edit: The first big update after installing the game was 400mb, so perhaps that downloaded over cell instead of wifi? Looking online it seems most are experiencing about the same data usage I have, while those who were complaining about data usage were showing 450mb+ usage and had downloaded all the patches over cellular data.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    OK, Reciprocal Aid on Donnel is real good.

Think I'll drop Felicia in favor of Donnel, Young Tiki, Camilla, and Robin, get an even spread of physical and magic plus Tiki and Donnel can "heal" characters that are hurting while Robin and Camilla lay waste to every low Speed and Colorless unit.

And, of course, my precious tin pot son must be my representative.

Mx. Quill on
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    I should not have linked my account after getting just Azura as my only 5*

It's a tra

• Ark EvensongArk Evensong The NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Again, linking your account just means you have to do an extra step if you want to reroll. (Use the in-game Delete All Data button.) You won't get any redeemed My Nintendo rewards back, but you can link again, no problem.

That said, it's been long enough that rerolling now probably isn't worth it.

To be fair, Azura is a pretty solid unit to have as a 5 Star.

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Azura's a great engine. But she needs another heavy hitter to shine. She's a great enabler tho, while also killing Reds reliably if she has to.

She's not a bad centerpiece tho.

• RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular
    I should not have linked my account until I got a 5* of any kind. Oh well, I'm getting my money's worth out of it. :D

• RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Does anyone know a good story map or such that could be used to farm up the "KO lvl 35+ Armor Foes" February Lunatic quest? There's still something like 12 days left on them, but I'd like to know that I can lock up that orb reward if I don't come across them naturally meanwhile (I think I have something like 6/15 of them so far).

Does anyone know a good story map or such that could be used to farm up the "KO lvl 35+ Armor Foes" February Lunatic quest? There's still something like 12 days left on them, but I'd like to know that I can lock up that orb reward if I don't come across them naturally meanwhile (I think I have something like 6/15 of them so far).

Chapter 9-2 features 3 armored units every time.
    Unfortunately you'll have to do it on lunatic to get them above level 35, afaik.

• SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    pulled a 5* Peri so at leastI now have a decent Blue unit

8EVmPzM.jpg
    Effie, these are feathers, not bricks.
    D8jOtzc.jpg
    R8VRH9T.jpg
    a6X0dwb.jpg

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Jesus Murphy are Effie's thighs exposed in Fates, too?

The armor designs in the past couple of games, I swear

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Nah she's all armored up in fates

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    In that case:

Boy the art in Heroes is just extra pandering, ain't it

dN0T6ur.png
This discussion has been closed.