As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Someone make a new [gifv] thread

• DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    There are THREE FLIPS!

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    You guys are being way to harsh. Jimmy Fallon is fine. Not great, but hes fine. And so is Chris Hardwick. Actually I like Chris Hardwick.

Nah.

He's not bad, but then he is also not good. I actually liked him on SNL, but he's fallen by the wayside since then.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Skin is a poor conductor of heat. You can touch super hot and super cold materials for a second or two before it damages you. Plus the moisture on your skin in and around your skin and the item will protect you briefly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leidenfrost_effect

This seems like the kind of thing you'd trust in a little too much and really burn the shit out of yourself.

You can dunk your hand in a deep fryer for like 1/10th of a second, but CAN you dunk your hand in a deep fryer for like 1/10th of a second? And are you willing to find out?

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Skin is a poor conductor of heat. You can touch super hot and super cold materials for a second or two before it damages you. Plus the moisture on your skin in and around your skin and the item will protect you briefly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leidenfrost_effect

This seems like the kind of thing you'd trust in a little too much and really burn the shit out of yourself.

You can dunk your hand in a deep fryer for like 1/10th of a second, but CAN you dunk your hand in a deep fryer for like 1/10th of a second? And are you willing to find out?

Knew about a dude working at Taco Time that stupidly went after a burrito that got dropped in a fryer bare handed. He passed out from the pain had to call an ambulance.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Bedlam wrote: »

Vizlas are the prettiest and most well groomed dogs and I want one two lots.

scherbchen on
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Psykoma on
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Psykoma wrote: »

Nope. Nope, nope nope nope NOPE.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Good fucking christ.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Canadian PSA's don't fuck around.

Also on that trampoline gif, watch the kid in the grey shirt lose his mind by the second flip.

edit: dammit I can't seem to find Astar, he's a robot, he can put his arm back on, you can't!

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Canadian PSA's don't fuck around.

Also on that trampoline gif, watch the kid in the grey shirt lose his mind by the second flip.

edit: dammit I can't seem to find Astar, he's a robot, he can put his arm back on, you can't!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km4f-eRE4Kc

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    That Astar the robot PSA used to scare the shit out of me when I was a kid.

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Not all Canadian PSAs are horrifying, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBfi8OEz0rA

Not all Canadian PSAs are horrifying, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBfi8OEz0rA

Some Canadian Psa's even grow up to become Meme's ( I remember this ad as a kid, and yes it was just as insane and hilarious then)
    https://youtu.be/5AuLkMBAFZg

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Jedoc wrote: »

good god, the entire office just turned to look at me and wonder why I loudly shouted "GAAAAAAAH" and jolted bolt-upright in my chair

fuck me, that's a brutal fucking psa

8406wWN.png
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

good god, the entire office just turned to look at me and wonder why I loudly shouted "GAAAAAAAH" and jolted bolt-upright in my chair

Did you tell them you sharted?

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Well, yeah. Didn't want them to think I'm some weirdo or something.

8406wWN.png
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017

See, it's funny because it's AAAAAARGH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

edit: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    That seems like a really specific horrific PSA.

Canada have an epidemic of deep-fryalator maiming or something?

"Clean up your spill right away or you might disfigure someone for life"

RT800 on
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »

It's our #2 cause of death.

• RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Also, who carries around an open pot of boiling-hot oil? That's a fuckin' "nope" no matter how clean the floor.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    That frying PSA reminds me about the tale of someone who sustained burns to their hand by dunking it in a fryer trying to grab something and then had the bright idea of smearing Vaseline all over it instead of water.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Didn't Canada have that PSA about the abusive dude in a restaurant?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular

There were a few PSAs about workplace safety. They're all kind of horrifying, but I think that restaurant one is the worst (and is the first in the video below).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwCyVku1HvI

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Those zombies raise some really good points about safety.

edited February 2017
    Lol ok that second one turns from horrifying to comical when he lands on the dump truck

WiseManTobes on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Two of those hit home to me.

When I was a closer at burger king, I refused to clean the fryers one night because they didn't replace the equipment that was basically falling apart (the gloves had fallen apart in my hand the night before). So, the shift manager "suited up" in the remaining gear, and proceeded to clean the fryers. And then they didn't follow procedure and the fryer started spewing hot oil back in while her arm was deep inside it (she accidentally hit the valve lever with her foot while leaning) And she got a pretty nasty burn. Luckily it wasn't really bad, but her arm was out of commission for a few weeks while it healed.

The ladder one too. I wasn't running wire quick enough for my boss, so he decided to climb up on the top and lean like that lady did. Then when he leaned the ladder fell out from under him because he told me to stop holding it since I was wasting time. He fell, gave himself a seizure when his head hit the cabinet on the way down, and he was in the hospital for about 2-3 weeks. You can tell he's not the same person anymore, it's subtle but noticeable.

Stay safe and never put yourself in harms way to save time or a few bucks, your life is worth more than the $20 they're saving being cheap and lazy.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

j9o6nUw.jpg

So thankful I work in a place that takes safety seriously.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    So thankful I work in a place that takes safety seriously.

If your workplace takes safety seriously, how'd you wind up looking like this? nSXI2E8CXHZW7.jpg

thats just my PPE

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular

Man the guy getting kicked stops WELL short of being kicked and it's all I see now.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

this reminds me of when I worked at taco bell.

so the bunn water heater you use to re-hydrate the bean pellets is about 500 degrees. I had just re-hydrated a batch when I turned around to put them in the steam table. A friend of mine came around the corner and we collided. The bean container went all over my rayon (or whatever) uniform pants and instantly melted onto my skin. Wasn't fun peeling those off. literally peeling them off.

but on the plus side, I was off work for a couple days so that was nice

• HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular

There were a few PSAs about workplace safety. They're all kind of horrifying, but I think that restaurant one is the worst (and is the first in the video below).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwCyVku1HvI

Well, at least those last three all survived

vEaRQgH.png
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    The king of those PSA videos is from Germany
    *snip for cartoonish violence and minor gore* http://i.imgur.com/Oyaknz2.gif
    If you want to see the full thing...and you do. Search for German Forklift Safety video.

Psychotic One on
  • KanaKana Registered User regular

When I was a pastry chef I would make like 5 gallon batches of caramel at a time

360F sugar that'll stick to anything it lands on

Once it was time to move it off the stovetop we transported that shit like it was one of those missiles from The Rock

Made me nervous every time

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
This discussion has been closed.