As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo] Finished Zelda? Why don't you play...hang on, gimme a second...

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I don't want gross fingerprints all of my screen

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Nintendo has heard our complaints and is offering a solution.

They won't be including a stylus, but they will be including sandpaper so we can remove the fingerprints from the fingers we would use on the device.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular

They won't be including a stylus, but they will be including sandpaper so we can remove the fingerprints from the fingers we would use on the device.

A second skin experience.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    On the one hand, I want a stylus.

On the other, I'm probably never going to use the touch controls so eh.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    now not including the ac adapter was bull shit cause you need one of those to use the product

remember when consoles didn't let you save unless you paid extra for a memory card

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    now not including the ac adapter was bull shit cause you need one of those to use the product

remember when consoles didn't let you save unless you paid extra for a memory card

That was especially fun for people who could only afford to rent.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

i never bought a ps1 memory card, i just treated my very small collection of ps1 games like they didn't have a save feature

i mostly used it for parappa the rapper and um jammer lammy so that worked just fine

oh wait no i must have gotten one eventually because i played through both the megaman legends games

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

yeah! that was also some fuckin' bullshit!

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    I think I could still play through the first level of Turok almost without looking at the screen, thanks to renting it multiple times before I could afford to buy a 'controller pak' for my N64.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    So I got that GBA SP in and I finally found the flaw. The SP is in immaculate condition but what I didn't know is that at some point there was a revision to the SP to have an actual backlit screen rather than what the original model had. While the SP is immaculate it is one of the original models. I probably wouldn't have noticed the difference so hard if I hadn't gotten a pair of DSes from work completely out of the blue.

Edit: I should point out back in the day I had an original model SP so it's got some nostalgia factor going for it.

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    The update from frontlight to backlight was worth upgrading your SP at the time

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Zelda Maker needs to have a stylus so you can precisely place objects quickly.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    I imagine there was a hit on battery life tho?

You know what was crazy was the original non-SP not-lit-at-all GBA screen. I mean dear god it was a black hole. It was barely playable even outside in sunny weather, let alone indoors.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Speaking of AC adapters, I found my GBA SP but cannot for the life of me find the charging cable. Which I guess means I just need to order a new one. I have an entire case full of games but had upgraded to a DS. Now I'd rather just play those on the SP, as I don't actually like the feel of the DS lite.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    So I got that GBA SP in and I finally found the flaw. The SP is in immaculate condition but what I didn't know is that at some point there was a revision to the SP to have an actual backlit screen rather than what the original model had. While the SP is immaculate it is one of the original models. I probably wouldn't have noticed the difference so hard if I hadn't gotten a pair of DSes from work completely out of the blue.

Edit: I should point out back in the day I had an original model SP so it's got some nostalgia factor going for it.

So you got the 100 and not the 101. I was gonna ask if you checked that, but I wasn't 100% sure I knew what I was talking about.

Maybe I don't!

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I absolutely love the Switch UI that was shown off in that video from the guy that got one

I also love that you can set a user profile picture and it's actual Nintendo characters like Link, Mario and Zelda

And not a FUCKING MII

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    don't fuck mii

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I absolutely love the Switch UI that was shown off in that video from the guy that got one

I also love that you can set a user profile picture and it's actual Nintendo characters like Link, Mario and Zelda

And not a FUCKING MII

It's definitely nice to finally start getting away from the Wii aesthetic

Everything in the Switch UI is so crisp!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    It's kind of crazy that release is two weeks away and that video is the best look at the system UI we've gotten.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Lasbrook wrote: »

So you got the 100 and not the 101. I was gonna ask if you checked that, but I wasn't 100% sure I knew what I was talking about.

Maybe I don't!

The original is the 001 not 100 but you are correct. I saw a lot of listings specifically mention the model number but didn't think too hard about it at the time.

• Options
    Peewi wrote: »
    It's kind of crazy that release is two weeks away and that video is the best look at the system UI we've gotten.

I'm betting we get a Direct either next week or the week of launch going over that stuff and hopefully Virtual Console

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    I imagine there was a hit on battery life tho?

It went from "practically forever" to "slightly less than forever"

• Options
    I can't overstate how good the music in Thousand Year Door is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYkw-Ci0niE

Like this track that samples Pac-Man sound effects for some reason??

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    agoaj wrote: »

A second skin experience.

So that is what the producer of Senran Kagura was playing to do

• Options
    Oh right, Glitzville and RAWK HAWK, aka the best part of any game

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

and there it is

eShop purchases are on your account, not your hardware

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I'll believe it when I destroy my switch in a hydraulic press and buy a new one and login and re-download super Mario Bros

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Praise Jesus

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

and there it is

I thought they were already account not hardware?
    But then I am a silly person with 4 3ds' so I get confused what has what at times

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

and there it is

I will note that everything that's stated here is true of the current system on Wii U and 3DS as well and has been since the account upgrade last year. Redownloading onto a NEW system is difficult to pull off with 3DS and Wii U, and this does seem to imply it will be much easier on the Switch, but this isn't new.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Got Dragonball Fusions.
    It tried its best to make me hate it ( you get Goten kid goku,GT Pan and young trunks as party members early on) but its actually areally neat tactical rpg. Its not super deep but theres enough there to be interesting. And it has online multiplayer.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Purchases on Wii U and 3DS have always been tied to accounts and not hardware

The problem has always been accounts being tied to hardware

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Purchases on Wii U and 3DS have always been tied to accounts and not hardware

The problem has always been accounts being tied to hardware

3DS only after an update, but yes, most people slightly exaggerate how bad it is.

Do we actually know that you can use the same Nintendo account on multiple Switches at once? The above image says "after initializing the console", which implies that you're still limited to using an account on one piece of hardware.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So I was watching that unboxing. Does that unit have a dead pixel on the screen?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    How did I miss the story that Ultimate Chicken Horse is coming to Switch??

That's gonna be awesome on there!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    So I was watching that unboxing. Does that unit have a dead pixel on the screen?

It's dust

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    rhylith wrote: »

It's dust

Really? It is an illuminated white spot when the screen is black and a black spot when the screen is anything else.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

Hey can someone pm me and just let me know if the ending of I am setsuna is a downer, or like melancholic

'Cause I recently played another game with a sacrificial maiden and, man,

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

I should really finish this game at some point.

I got to a point where I needed to go do some farming for skills or gear or something (I don't remember the specifics) and I didn't feel like doing that so I stopped and got distracted by something else and never came back. But the game is really pretty and I liked the combat.

This discussion has been closed.