As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ME Andromeda: Early Impressions Out, Divert All Power To Spoiler Tags

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    probably yeah

liEt3nH.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Hmm...I think I'm still in the camp of folks who liked SR3 more than SR4.

It was still fun though.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I was surprised that people were praising Sleeping Dogs so much and then I realized that I was thinking of Watch_Dogs

I'm so sorry Wei Shen

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Saints Row IV is 20 bucks on PSN
    can I jump into this without playing the others

yes but 3 is very good and zimos aside I like it probably more than 4

also 4 relies a whole lot on characters from 3 so I think 3 would make you like 4 more

though maybe somebody who played 2 could say the same about 3 I dunno

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Man I'd have to dust off my 360 to play 3 though

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Is your PC not up to snuff?

do you not have a pc from 2011 yet

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I have a shitbox laptop from... Maybe 2011
    Shadowrun Hong Kong makes this thing kinda chug, okay

edited February 2017
    saints row would be a little rough on it then, that game gets a little busy sometimes

4 will still be fun even if you didn't play 3 but I think that having played 3 first made 4 a more fun experience

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I am really interested in how their next game works.

• Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Man I'd have to dust off my 360 to play 3 though

If you still have a PS3, I can mail you my copy of Saints The Third.

Personally i love the whole series but 2 holds a special place in my heart. I mean the voice cast alone:

Brian Tee -Jyunichi
    Daniel Dae Kim -Gat
    Eliza Dushku -Shaundi
    Jaime Pressly - Jessica
    Jay Mohr - Dane Vogel
    Keith David - Julius
    Michael Dorn - Maero
    Michael Rapaport - Troy
    Neil Patrick Harris - Veteran Child
    Yuri Lowenthal - Shogo

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    And then they mostly kind of come back in SR4 and Gat Out of Hell.

sig.gif
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    I really need to try Saints Row 4 again at some point. I adored 3 but the superhero stuff just wasn't doing it for me at the time.

I did enjoy how having superpowers made melee kills just that much more ridiculous though.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    There's a look at the Andromeda combat coming tomorrow apparently

(The clip in the tweet is really nothing bar clips of the previous material)

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Oh man, been waiting a long time for the gameplay reveal, finally

6F32U1X.png
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

I'm really going to miss this joke when the game comes out

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »

I'm really going to miss this joke when the game comes out

It's ok, after it comes out we can count down the minutes until Star Wars Battlefront

7qmGNt5.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    https://www.masseffect.com/news/nakmor-drack

Who's ready for Old Man Wrex!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    ugh that guy might actually keep me from just being Team Badass Ladies the entire game

"Do you have any idea how many humans I've watched die? You're meat. You spoil."

I think @Rorshach Kringle has a team member locked

6F32U1X.png
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    ugh that guy might actually keep me from just being Team Badass Ladies the entire game

Nakmor Drack and the Badass Ladies is a great band name

it's very Star Wars Punk

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    They did a good job of making him actually distinct from other Krogan, in 2 and 3 Grunt was the only one I could ever recognize.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I like that they use Nakmor. It's an existing clan, you kill their Warlord in ME2. I'm definitely wondering if he'll have been sent by Wrex to try and prevent the Krogan from going extinct or something, or what kind of circumstances he's there

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    You don't, you kill Gatatog Uvenk during Grunt's loyalty mission, and Weyrloc Guld during Mordin's, but the only Nakmor krogan you talk to is their ambassador.

• MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    You don't, you kill Gatatog Uvenk Worf during Grunt's loyalty mission, and Weyrloc Guld during Mordin's, but the only Nakmor krogan you talk to is their ambassador.

FTFY

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    THose aren't pauldrons, are they

They're just his shoulder plates, grown more gnarled and thick and twisted as he ages, the same way the keratin(?) on the line of his jaw has formed miniature horns all over the place

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
    He's so old his beard is horns

6F32U1X.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    1400...damn. I thought 1000 was around when Krogans kicked the bucket.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Interesting thought... if he's more than 1,400 years old, he probably predates the Genophage. Hope that comes up somewhere.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

They're just his shoulder plates, grown more gnarled and thick and twisted as he ages, the same way the keratin(?) on the line of his jaw has formed miniature horns all over the place

Pretty sure those are pauldrons

OBS6FDi.png

It's a darker shade than his arm

IKknkhU.gif
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    so now that i have a party locked, i need to know who's life i'm going to spend the entire game making miserable

it's a toss-up between peebee and liam right now, but i'm open to suggestions

though, realistically, i know you can't choose your nemesis

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    1400...damn. I thought 1000 was around when Krogans kicked the bucket.

Nah. We've already met a krogan at least that age, with Okeer. Heck, Wrex might be that old, considering he killed his dad shortly after the rebellions. Depends on how he means shortly.

Krogans can be old fuckers.

so now that i have a party locked, i need to know who's life i'm going to spend the entire game making miserable

Your sibling, definitely your sibling

6F32U1X.png
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017

Peebee seems like a Salarian-flavored Liara, so she's probably a decent choice as of now. But we don't really know anything about Liam or the other human in the party, so they could be just as target-rich.

edit: Lootcrate is going to have a Mass Effect: Andromeda box, so if anyone's interested, the sign-up is here.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Krogan basically don't die unless they get killed

PNk1Ml4.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Stilts wrote: »

OBS6FDi.png

His bio mentions prosthetics

Fencingsax on
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Stilts wrote: »

OBS6FDi.png

So is the crest on his head. We've never really seen a krogan's shoulders before, and that looks kinda of like it to me—especially on his right shoulder where there are plainly horned growths between the straps.

It'd be interesting if he's basically like a tree, is all I mean. If that's the direction they're taking his design then it is super good

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
    lookin' good :)

7qmGNt5.png
This discussion has been closed.