As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Fire Emblem Thread! Echoes may be a remake but hey lets use spoilers anyway

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    No, they're exposed; it's a full on thong from behind.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Effie has few flaws

The dumb armor is one of them

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Honestly between Effie, Camilla, and Charlotte, it seems more like Nohr armorsmiths are just a buncha pervos.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Honestly between Effie, Camilla, and Charlotte, it seems more like Nohr armorsmiths are just a buncha pervos.

It's fascinating, really.

Fates has the most realistic armor designs in the series, real winners. And then for the female versions they manage to be more pandering than the thigh highs on pegasus knights in the GBA era.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    charlotte's outfit properly reflects her growths!

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Camilla no longer considered S tier

the times, they are, uh, changing

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular

Sharena Kinsky, climbing that ladder

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular

Yeah, and that's literally because everyone is pulling for, and running Takumi.

Now, you wanna do something evil of defense, that's not cheap as hell?

Make Camilla your lead.

The tryhards will see her and go LOLTAKUMI EZWIN. And then the rest of your team is the tankiest M. Robin, Lucina, and your own Takumi.

I have SO many defenses.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    As someone who's not playing I'm kind of surprised the metagame hasn't adjusted for Hector a little bit. I guess that makes sense, since he hasn't been part of a banner yet, but his Res is still low, right?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    As someone who's not playing I'm kind of surprised the metagame hasn't adjusted for Hector a little bit. I guess that makes sense, since he hasn't been part of a banner yet, but his Res is still low, right?

It's adjusted for him just fine, in its own way. It's one of the reasons child Tiki is such a staple. She just dunks on him. He is just so rare that there isn't much point talking about him because you don't run into 4 Hector teams like you often do with Takumi.

But Tiki is just all around great so you'll often have her on board regardless.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lucina also dunks on Hector hard too cause you can save up a Luna and bop him

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

Yeah, and that's literally because everyone is pulling for, and running Takumi.

Now, you wanna do something evil of defense, that's not cheap as hell?

Make Camilla your lead.

The tryhards will see her and go LOLTAKUMI EZWIN. And then the rest of your team is the tankiest M. Robin, Lucina, and your own Takumi.

I have SO many defenses.

this strategy involves units i do not have so actually it is 100% cheap bullshit

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    if you put fliers or cavalry on your defense team you are putting your trust in the ai to not split your team up and trickle in to your opponent's waiting arms

so far, my experience is that the ai will let you down on this.

I think the ideal is probably covering all the color bases with someone tanky (read: a dragon if you can), a mage, an archer, and a physical striker, preferably one with some movement ability nonsense. I've had my squad set up like this (three silvers and one gold) and my defenses this season have all been from the low 240s to the mid 250s

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    Just beat Awakening! Great game,

I'm gonna start a Lady Robin playthrough now!

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

It's fascinating, really.

Fates has the most realistic armor designs in the series, real winners. And then for the female versions they manage to be more pandering than the thigh highs on pegasus knights in the GBA era.

Yeah, when it comes to the generic units Fates kept a lot of the good from Awakening and just made so many improvements. Like compare Great Knights between games:

185?cb=20150204082623latest?cb=20150703014330

What a great design; what a cool, owl-y looking helmet. Compared to Black Manta wannabe. But the first time Sophie stood up in the saddle during an attack animation... "is... is she not wearing pants?" She's got this great poufy-sleeve and tabbard look that I love, but then...
    134.jpg

...le sigh.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    just blew 15 stamina on the last chapter of the lunatic paralog cause I took wyrs attack skill off when I was having him be the wall for low level units and forgot to put it back on whoops

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Top Nohrian Exports:

1. War
    2. Thongs
    3. Crushed fruit

• Options
    Man these character epilogues always make me really sad.

• Options
    Man these character epilogues always make me really sad.

nino is trying her best

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

Hector double attacks you back if you're the one who attacks him, and he's over 70%
    No mages that I know of can counterattack at 1 range either.

So either you attack him, and kill him on that attack, and hope his ranged counterattack didnt leave you super dead. Or He'll hit you twice at range, probably killing you, and then it's his turn next.

Alternatively you use a dragon, and just let him come to you.

My general strats on hector that has never let me down is
    1. Kite backwards and kill the rest of his team because hector is a slow baby
    2. Put takumi in range
    3. Hector hits takumi once and gets hit twice for his trouble
    4. Takumi moves back 1 space and then activates his special move while at low HP due to the previous hector hit
    5. Hector is now very very dead

Alternatively marth just kills him because I got a +atk -spd 5* marth boy who will still double the shit out of hector and cuts through that armor like it isnt actually there.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular

Waifu Tier > SS Tier

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Japan means pandering to teenage boys. And sometimes middle-aged men. (*shudder*)

• Options
    5 Star Sharena update:

Can't be touched, can't be stopped, can't be moved, can't be rocked, can't be shook

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I can't confidently say that I've see a female character in this game that IS wearing pants.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I have a 5* Peri now

Which...I guess is nice? I at least now have one 5* in green, blue and red.

But after all these pulls I still have just one S-tier (Tiki) and a B-tier (Serra) and everybody else is C. So the arena can get a bit dicey for me even when choosing Medium difficulty.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    heroes or fates?

edit either way lots of them wear pants or at least like reasonable skirt/boot combos

more than are few are wearing Definitely Not Pants though

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Pulled the trigger on boosting Effie to 5*, as she has the second highest stat total of any currently available unit she'll help with higher arena scores and consequently more feathers.

ladi.png
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    edit: wait, might be wrong on this

need to test it again

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    decided to feather my 3* adult tiki up to 4*, just cause I wanted to feather somebody decent and it's gonna be a million billion years before I can feather any of my 4* up to 5*

thinkin about bitin that sharena style goin around next

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Wee 5* Ephraim

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    Pulled the trigger on boosting Effie to 5*, as she has the second highest stat total of any currently available unit she'll help with higher arena scores and consequently more feathers.

Effie's only real "weakness" is that she is terrible on defense, so you might see fewer successful defenses

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    Wee 5* Ephraim

I want my boy so bad...

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Shen wrote: »

Effie's only real "weakness" is that she is terrible on defense, so you might see fewer successful defenses

Just don't put Effie on your leftmost team

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Is your leftmost team the one that they use to defend?!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    yup

• Options
    Yup! I'll probably keep Linde for my defense teams, even though she's squishy. Arena is really ramping up, 4,330 is only good for Rank 11,732 right now. Anticipating a bonus hero rotation next week to shake things up and encourage pulling on the new banner(s?).

ladi.png
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I've started my second Awakening playthrough

I intend to use the characters I eschewed on the first run, but I god, here comes Virion

Why aren't there more archers in this game

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Almost every unit can be an archer

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    I started up Awakening for the first time since 2013, gonna try and finally get through Lunatic.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I've started my second Awakening playthrough

I intend to use the characters I eschewed on the first run, but I god, here comes Virion

Why aren't there more archers in this game
    Pairing Virion with Panne made me kind of like him somehow. Really not how I'd expected that to play out.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
This discussion has been closed.