As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cook Serve Delicious 2 can go to hell, the [Indie Game] Heat Signature is out

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Why are you fighting the giant woman instead of smooching her

0/10 no sale

Never not be fighting giant women

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Why are you fighting the giant woman instead of smooching her

0/10 no sale

Never not be fighting giant women

How dare u

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

really like the look of this

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMlOmZJ-K6o
    Shardbound is now on Kickstarter

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Any of you folks trying out the Gigantic game preview?

Played one round of it so far, totally stomped the enemy team but not sure if I get the flow of the game at all yet.

• Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Played one round of it so far, totally stomped the enemy team but not sure if I get the flow of the game at all yet.
    I haven't played it recently, but I played it a fair amount a month or two back and wouldn't mind giving it another spin if you want to group up.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I feel like Gigantic has been in some state of beta or another for like a decade

I remember playing a couple games at PAX way back in the goddamn mists of time

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    yeah gigantic has been stuck in some kind of development hell

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

The Botanist is an optimistic game about growing plants, where every word in the world is a seed that grows a unique plant. It aims to bring people together through gardening.

You are let go from your job, with very little compensation and even less in the bank. You choose to see this as an opportunity. To finally take the time to try and reach your dream of becoming a botanist. Work hard and believe in yourself, and you can achieve your goals.

Complete customer requests and build your reputation, to try to become a professional Botanist.
    Curate a seed catalogue all of your own, where every word will grow a unique plant.
    Choose words that mean something to you. Your loved ones, pets, or favourite places.
    Collect varied pots and vases to create displays that suit you and your clients.
    Commemorate your favourite arrangements with your camera, and cherish the memories forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDeYu9ZxwZQ

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=862999947

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I played a little bit of Gigantic in its previous era of beta and I ALSO never got the flow of the game at all. It seems to be a persistant problem. It was always incredibly unclear to me what most of the various "towers" were actually contributing and how important investing in them was supposed to be.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options

I enjoy this game, but like

man i don't wanna be the person to break it to them that Actual Windjammers is coming to PS4 this year

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Oof.

I saw that on twitter but skimmed past it, that Windjammers of 2017 line is real rough.

• Options
    I legitimately don't know what all those Windjammers clones are gonna do now

Nobody wants a new Windjammers, they just wanted a close enough substitute

But now the real thing is coming back to eat all their lunches

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Speaking of NeoGeo games

Any bets on someone breaking out the PS4 release of Neo Turf Masters on UPF today?

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    The cash grabs will die, the smart ones that innovated on the formula in fun ways will probably do okay

there is still the possibility that windjammers comes back and turns out to be a crappy cash in on enthusiasm and not a good game

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options

You are Narita Boy, a legendary digital hero in an epic quest through simultaneous dimensions.

The aesthetic of the game is inspired by retro pixel adventures (Castlevania, Another World, Double Dragon) with a modern touch (Superbrothers, Sword and Sorcery) and an 80s plot homage (Ready Player One, He-Man, The Last Starfighter), accompanied by the retro synth touch of the old glory days.

http://www.studiokoba.com/

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Is the actual game going to have that fake tube tv look? Otherwise I love it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Is the actual game going to have that fake tube tv look? Otherwise I love it

If it is, it seems like an effect that could be made toggleable if people don't like it. So I hope they do that.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i love naruto boy

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I cant find a single person in disk jam

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular

Naruto, the Japanese animation television show, is a global phenomenon that has touched the hearts of a generation of teens, and now you can find out exactly which character you would be if you were in the Naruto Universe™! Are you Naruto, the adventurous goofball, Sasuke, the angsty lone wolf, or even maybe a different character that there is? Only one way to find out!

This quiz runs on the latest version of COMPUTOR™ and is optimized for Worldweb Investigator.

FEATURES
    -State of the art multiple choice revolutionary quiz-based narrative
    -State of the art art featuring revolutionary pixel-based rendering
    -Revolutionary state of the art 'NEW GAME: PLUS MORE" mode

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Has anyone tried Epic Manager? I completely missed that it came out in the game/sale flood in December and got a notification this week when it went on sale and I realised I had heard nothing about it.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    DrDinosaur wrote: »

Naruto, the Japanese animation television show, is a global phenomenon that has touched the hearts of a generation of teens, and now you can find out exactly which character you would be if you were in the Naruto Universe™! Are you Naruto, the adventurous goofball, Sasuke, the angsty lone wolf, or even maybe a different character that there is? Only one way to find out!

This quiz runs on the latest version of COMPUTOR™ and is optimized for Worldweb Investigator.

FEATURES
    -State of the art multiple choice revolutionary quiz-based narrative
    -State of the art art featuring revolutionary pixel-based rendering
    -Revolutionary state of the art 'NEW GAME: PLUS MORE" mode

i love Narita characters

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

You are Narita Boy, a legendary digital hero in an epic quest through simultaneous dimensions.

The aesthetic of the game is inspired by retro pixel adventures (Castlevania, Another World, Double Dragon) with a modern touch (Superbrothers, Sword and Sorcery) and an 80s plot homage (Ready Player One, He-Man, The Last Starfighter), accompanied by the retro synth touch of the old glory days.

this is really cool, but the bolded part makes me negative excited

they are probably going to handle it way better, tho, I guess

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »

Just wait for the sequence inspired by the 1980's classic WarGames

Also where you have to watch a 20 minute cutscene of the character acting out the climactic scene from Die Hard

Also something about John Hughes

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »

Just wait for the sequence inspired by the 1980's classic WarGames

Also where you have to watch a 20 minute cutscene of the character acting out the climactic scene from Die Hard

Also something about John Hughes

and two straight pages of of just listing books and films that came out

and you can tell that the main character is passionate about 80s stuff because one person says that a movie sucks and is for babies and the main character responds that no, that person sucks and is for babies and the movie is great because is has [actor name] in and that's the fucking deepest that this person can go when describing media and the book plays it off as an "epic argument that draws in crowds"

or when the main character is like "i can't skip even one day of cyber school or they will expel me so it's going to be difficult for me to do this thing" and then two pages later after doing the thing goes "well i had good enough marks to skip the rest of the school year so i'm just going to forget about it as an important presence in this story"

• Options
    christ

ready player one was the worst fucking book i've ever read

it was just so incompetent and the author couldn't write and interesting sequence to save his life

• Options
    Apparently I read Ready Player One close to this date years ago

thanks, Timehop

But yeah, it's not a great book. I liked it fine at the time I read it but in retrospect it is real real bad

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I got caught in a conversation with an Agile software consultant who is supposed to be building up knowledge leadership at my work who cornered me into talking about how loves Ready Player One and what did I think of it?

That conversation was about as enjoyable as you can imagine.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    christ

ready player one was the worst fucking book i've ever read

it was just so incompetent and the author couldn't write and interesting sequence to save his life

His second one, Armada, is worse

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »
    I got caught in a conversation with an Agile software consultant who is supposed to be building up knowledge leadership at my work who cornered me into talking about how loves Ready Player One and what did I think of it?

it was a test and you failed, you were supposed to do a Creative Sprint away from him

• Options
    I wonder if Spielberg will be able to make Ready Player One good

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Spielberg wrote:
    The movie won’t have any of my films in it. I’m not putting myself in this movie…They reference so many ’80s movies. I’m doing the whole pop culture thing. I’m just going to leave myself out of it. I can’t do that. Too self-referential.
    That includes stuff he worked on but didn't direct, like BTTF etc. Maybe a little too far in the other direction? But I can understand why he'd do it.

• Options
    Fishman wrote: »

I had one of the attorneys at my work tell me he was reading it and it's really good and have I heard of it?

I was like uhh yeah I hear that's pretty good

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I wonder if Spielberg will be able to make Ready Player One good

i do think that the idea itself isn't irredeemable

like, there are some ideas that are raised by the setting, in that in a horrible future young people become obsessed with a nostalgia for a past they never even experienced. This in turn stifles newer creativity, and culture becomes more focused on dogmatically reconstructing older media without even an understanding of what made that media resonate in the first place. And thus the setting's "nerd culture" is solely based around liking a set list of approved media.

And if you took this setting as a criticism of nerd culture, and maybe had the characters realise something about the value of creativity or something it might work.

Or even just thought about why people might like nerdy things and why these books and movies and shows might resonate these people.

Instead the entire book just felt like one giant "oh, so you say you like star wars? i bet you can't even say how many parsecs it took han solo to do the kessle run"

This discussion has been closed.