As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[YouTube]s to Share With The Class

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »
    Minor tangent, but it's a pet peeve of mine:

He did that irritating thing some people like do when they're trying to teach a lesson.

The "fill in the blank with the specific word I'm thinking of" thing.

"Listen to what I'm doing here. What am I doing? What is this sound?"

and it just goes on and on and on as he waits for someone to come up with "tapping".

I hate that shit. Nobody there is a fucking mind-reader, guy. Everybody sees what you are doing. They've described it multiple times. The fact that they haven't used your specific verbiage is not cause keep asking.

This is right up there with teachers who blather on and periodically ask themselves questions and answer them but also ask you/the group questions in the exact same manner then act all offended when people don't answer.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

He did that irritating thing some people like do when they're trying to teach a lesson.

and it just goes on and on and on as he waits for someone to come up with "tapping".

I hate that shit. Nobody there is a fucking mind-reader, guy. Everybody sees what you are doing. They've described it multiple times. The fact that they haven't used your specific verbiage is not cause keep asking.

This is right up there with teachers who blather on and periodically ask themselves questions and answer them but also ask you/the group questions in the exact same manner then act all offended when people don't answer.

Oh my good god.

The teacher I was student teaching under last semester did both of these things.

WITH FIRST GRADERS.

I felt so bad for them, they had no idea when they were and weren't expected to respond, there was zero consistency. It was infuriating to watch.

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    That sure is a thumbnail.

• HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

Somewhat related, my statistics teacher last semester basically rushed through all the lectures, which were all on Power Point, because of course they fucking were, and would essentially roll her eyes whenever we didn't understand something

Also, at one point, she was trying to show us how to do something on our graphing calculators. . . and she didn't know how to do it, so she spent probably fifteen minutes trying to figure out how to do it while the class just waited

Finally, she just said "ok, for homework try to figure out how to put this in your calculators."

vEaRQgH.png
  • RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    When I was in middle school I had a teacher who kept erasing notes before people could write them down. He'd get so irritated when people asked him to leave them up or repeat something.

He liked to go on about "his time" in college and how he had professors who would "literally write notes with one hand while erasing them with the other!" and how we should be getting prepared for that. Like a college education was some sort of fucking gauntlet people needed to train for since only the fittest survive. The quick and the dead.

He'd picked up exactly the wrong fucking lesson from his own teachers - how to be a shitty one.

RT800 on
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    When I was in middle school I had a teacher who kept erasing notes before people could write them down. He'd get so irritated when people asked him to leave them up or repeat something.

He liked to go on about "his time" in college and how he had professors who would "literally write notes with one hand while erasing them with the other!" and how we should be getting prepared for that. Like a college education was some sort of fucking gauntlet people needed to train for since only the fittest survive. The quick and the dead.

He'd picked up exactly the wrong fucking lesson from his own teachers - how to be a shitty one.

The "write with one hand while erasing with the other" is a story I've heard before.

So I'm going to guess it's fake as shit.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Wimble wrote: »

that guy was explicitly trying to fuck up, right?

He really didn't do that badly, he was fine mostly except for not knowing what a dice or julienne is and not getting what he was going for with the lettuce "rose"

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Embargoes are a very silly thing sometimes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjMzYEZ6nO8

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5z58BS5eo0
    This was recorded in a garage on a 4-track cassette Portastudio way back in 1981, after "My Bologna" and "Another One Rides the Bus" but before I had landed a real record deal. Now the song is finally getting a proper release as a track on the rarities disc in my upcoming box set, with the permission and blessing of the George Harrison estate (Thanks, Dhani & Olivia!). "Squeeze Box: The Complete Works of 'Weird Al' Yankovic" is coming out in November, but it's a VERY limited release... so if you really want one, make sure you pre-order by Feb. 28!

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Martin and a few engineers start the process of building a BETTER MARBLE MACHINE
    https://youtu.be/tGrm-KMPsXE

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »
    This was recorded in a garage on a 4-track cassette Portastudio way back in 1981, after "My Bologna" and "Another One Rides the Bus" but before I had landed a real record deal. Now the song is finally getting a proper release as a track on the rarities disc in my upcoming box set, with the permission and blessing of the George Harrison estate (Thanks, Dhani & Olivia!). "Squeeze Box: The Complete Works of 'Weird Al' Yankovic" is coming out in November, but it's a VERY limited release... so if you really want one, make sure you pre-order by Feb. 28!

...does this mean he's done putting out albums? :sad:

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Yes, his last full album was his last he stated.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Yes, his last full album was his last he stated.

Though this is less because he's done making songs, and more because he feels that the traditional album system limits him - it's harder for him to do a topical parody with that sort of lead time.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Here's the actual announcement video for the Complete Weird Al, for those who didn't see it when it was released a month ago:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrjoAdv44wM

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Goddamn that man has range.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    There's a new Monster Factory that I .. don't think I should post here....

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »

these statements out of context, as i haven't even seen the video thumbnail yet, are incredible

liEt3nH.png
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    According to Carboys, Griffin is uploading a lot of dong related media this week

Fuck Yeah! Another one of these!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlrpo2nod64
    Nerd out hard about animation for 25 minutes.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    facetious wrote: »

I like to think that Griffin McElroy takes a little time out of editing every silly dong-centric video he makes just to say to himself, "This is the kind of work you do when you are one of Forbes Magazine's Thirty Under Thirty."

And then he does that thing where he laughs so hard he is nearly sick.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular

• TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
    I like Markiplier and i like his content, but...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBMkrXG8KMY
    You should probably care Mark, because your ideal view of the world where we are all equal isn't reality and understanding that is a crucial step in fixing it and getting us to the point where we are equal.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
  • FuzzytadpoleFuzzytadpole Registered User regular
    Rubycat wrote: »
    You should probably care Mark, because your ideal view of the world where we are all equal isn't reality and understanding that is a crucial step in fixing it and getting us to the point where we are equal.

Sure is nice hearing a rich, privileged asshole talking about taking the high road. Go fuck yourself Mark.

Sure is nice hearing a rich, privileged asshole talking about taking the high road. Go fuck yourself Mark.

So him being rich based off his hard work invalidates his opinion.

Gotcha.

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Yeah

markiplier

the asshole

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • FuzzytadpoleFuzzytadpole Registered User regular

So him being rich based off his hard work invalidates his opinion.

Gotcha.

Nah, it makes him incredibly dense to the realities of our culture right now though.

• masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    It's 7 minutes of him saying nothing

He might as well not have commented at all, for all that you can read his statements in either direction

Which i suppose is a position to take isn't it

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Yes, but people will watch his video because it's him. Gotta ride that trend.

He might as well not have commented at all, for all that you can read his statements in either direction

He's not going to destroy his friendship with PDP, no matter how justified he is for doing so.

• SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular

I also like Markiplier but man I dunno

I appreciate the general point but saying "he apoligised" for the jokes as if it was an actual apology and not a backhanded snipe is just not accurate.

There's being respectful, and then there's being generous to the point where you do more harm than good. Even if his apology was sincere, until he at the very least condemns the neo-Nazis that now adulate his name, it all rings hollow. Has he done that yet? It doesn't seem like a big ask. Condemn Neo-Nazis. Sounds like a grand pasttime to me.

• masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular

He's not going to destroy his friendship with PDP, no matter how justified he is for doing so.
    A friendship that is only one "You really fucked up this time" from being destroyed isn't a friendship worth keeping

Unless you mean from a business perspective, in which case i give not even the tiniest shit

This discussion has been closed.