As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Orbfest and Fest banner 2 live! Purple Monkey Dishwasher.

• UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    I haven't done a single CM and I don't regret it one bit

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    My god.
    PUJLw50.jpg

And Quistis instantly becomes an A-team member. Holy shit.

• chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    That is a great Quistis pull. And with both those relics there is no need to bother with diving her for Black 5, because why would you do anything other than Wrath into BSB into OSB?

steam_sig.png
  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    100 gem got me Quistis Hastega SSB. Not terrible, but pretty useless for me. Quistis continues to find a way to not be even CM team viable for me. Oh well. Never look a rainbow in the mouth.

Gnizmo on
    chrisnl wrote: »
    That is a great Quistis pull. And with both those relics there is no need to bother with diving her for Black 5, because why would you do anything other than Wrath into BSB into OSB?

Was thinking of slapping Wrath and Chain Biora on her. But maybe I should instead dive for White 4.

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    100 gem got me Quistis Hastega SSB. Not terrible, but pretty useless for me. Quistis continues to find a way to not be even CM team viable for me. Oh well. Never look a rainbow in the mouth.

All her SSBs have hastega.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    I did my lucky draw.
    YvjSWsO.jpg
    Hopefully Quistis OSB comes back on a cool festival banner.

The one on this banner is Mighty Guard.

• GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Gnizmo wrote: »

All her SSBs have hastega.

Do they? I don't pay much attention to her. The Haste, Shell, Regen one. It was great once upon a time but now it just has no place on my teams despite how useful it is.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    100 gems: zippo

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    And Quistis instantly becomes an A-team member. Holy shit.

Damn, you got the pull I wanted.

100 gem: nothing
    1st 50 mithril: Dreamstage
    2nd 50 mithril: Irvine Pentabreak

Those are definitely useful SBs and should set me up nicely to crush VIII CMs for a good while, but I really wanted either the good Quistis items (because she's my favorite) or Edea burst (because it's really strong, and I already have both of her SSBs to boost her MAG). Oh well. I think JP got Doomtrain and the two bursts on the festival after this one, so maybe we'll see the same.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    100-gem: Quistis OSB

Okay, I guess I kinda forgive this game for the garbage lucky draws I recently had

So now I, too, have both Quistis' BSB and OSB

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Bahamut is an interesting fight...

Apocalypse, no wall. 1400 aoe Thundaja against shell. 500 damage single attacks. Back to back 1500 tornadoes (prompting two aoe heals). Then the rest of the fight was single target Ultimate Thundajas for like 700 damage.

Ultimate++ never broke 700 damage against like five stacking magic breaks until he killed himself with damage reflected Ultimate Megaflare.

Frosteey on
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    That Quistis OSB is really tempting to take a pull for, hmmm.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I'll be running MP tomorrow evening after 5 for as many people who show up until no one needs it.

Hope you come out!

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Final 50 mythril thrown at banner 2 because I am a diehard Trepie

Irvine's pentabreak, Edea's imperil dark, Quistis' Mighty Guard

And Marlboro Tentacle

Choo choo

Oh yes, that Doomtrain animation is the best.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Damn, I still want to drop another 50 mythril, but I can't decide whether to take a shot at banner 1 for Fujin BSB/Raijin BSB or banner 2 for Quistis OSB/Edea BSB.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I just 100 gemmed doom train. Yea ok I guess.

Now I feel like I gotta pull on this banner for her bsb?

Well, I guess maybe I should just wait for the festival, maybe fujin or quistis BSBs will be on there.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I just 100 gemmed doom train. Yea ok I guess.

Now I feel like I gotta pull on this banner for her bsb?

Well, I guess maybe I should just wait for the festival, maybe fujin or quistis BSBs will be on there.

If you have the OSB, you could always RW her BSB for the en-element, then drop the OSB. Can't do it the other way, since RW OSBs don't use any active auras.

• DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    MG8 + Inaugural Parade + 5*+ Rising Sun (ancient!) on Fujin + RW Metamorphose = easy CM, full medals. Turns out Fujin without SBs fills Rinoa's no-SB slot and brings 4* White (and 4* Support), which is terribly useful when you want to bring Dispel.

I'd love to have the Quistis BSB/OSB combo, but I'm saving for (3/9/T Lucky and) XIII banner 1, which would add to my already stacked Lightning (who needs a BSB and en-lightning) and Fang (who needs an OSB and reverse wall). And Fest. One of these days, a Fest won't terribly disappoint me.

edited February 2017
    Yes, Inagural Parade is ancient, but it's still wonderful for VIII Cid Missions.

Just beat the Cid Mission myself. After I got past their Slowgas, it was a steamroll. Well, more of a trainroll.

Enlong on
  • TakelTakel Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Javen wrote: »
    Saving for anniversary banners is torture. I've got 120 mythril burning a hole in my pocket.

I have 177 mythril at the moment. And I have to pretend it all doesn't exist

Blasted through the U(+/++) putting Zell through his paces and naturally being in his home realm meant he was kicking ass.
    I'll be giving the CM a shot because this is actually my strongest realm in terms of synergy.

Roster:
    Squall - BSB
    Rinoa - BSB
    Zell - BSB
    Quistis - Hastega + Magic Fast Cast SSB
    Selphie - Dreamstage SSB
    Laguna - Imperil Ice SSB
    Irvine - Dark Shot I'm helping too guys! SSB
    Weapons include a generic 5+++ sword and Squall's BSB1 sword that's 5+, two of Selphie's weapons that are 5+ as well.

For the CM I'm probably going to laugh off pretty much all my native SBs, just layer up mitigation RW Metamorphosis onto Rinoa and annihilate the U+ because lol, Dark weakness.

Takel on
    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
    The U+ is Biggs and Wedge. They have no elemental weaknesses. The U is Squall, and he's the one with a Dark weakness.

I'd suggest adding Seifer to your CM team, even if you have no SB for him, as he can carry Draw Fire to soak the single-target attacks from Biggs and Wedge, and Banishing Strike to kill their Haste and Regen buffs.

• TakelTakel Registered User regular
    oh yeah, I was thinking to myself why the Main Character fight was so easy then realised it was the U only.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
    edited February 2017
    Squall's only the U because this is the DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE EVENT, yo.

...that's a lot of double letters in "committee".

Enlong on
    U++ wasn't bad either. Ashe (BSB), Edea (strongest mage who can wield my RS thrower), Papalymo (faithga SSB), Penelo (dancer/medica), Y'shtola, RW Hail to the Queen. I was definitely glad to have the medica. Finished off Fujin, then Seifer, then Raijin. Papalymo died because his defensive stats are terrible.

Whoops.

Maybe I shouldn't forget Protectga when going in against Seifer and Crew.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Missing Selphie's Dreamstage yet again is a blessing in disguise since it means I can go hard on the Selphie USB banner (Squall's #1 dps BSB2, Irvine's incredibly decent pentabreak + stacking debuff BSB and Selphie's instant curaga + last stand + hi regen USB)

Beasteh on
    This has broken me of my fever of trying to chase one of those BSBs on Banner 1 even harder.

Now I just have to hope that one of the festival banners makes sense for me. I guess probably 2 weeks minimum before we hear about those.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Disciplinary Committee defeated. Quistis's place on the team cemented. So much poison.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    With the U++ being a multi target fight against poison weak enemies, should I switch my RW back to Edgar? I switched away because no one was summoning, but if it would be useful I could certainly go back.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    With the U++ being a multi target fight against poison weak enemies, should I switch my RW back to Edgar? I switched away because no one was summoning, but if it would be useful I could certainly go back.

They go crazy-AoE in weak phase, you want to take Fujin first (nasty debuffs) and then the other two, one by one.

Convincing victories reinforce my belief that if you have basic tools and stat sticks, it's only worth pulling for Torment-worthy SBs.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Went for a pull anyway, what the heck. 1/11, Edea BSB. I'm okay with more mages for my team so good day.

Daffydd wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »

They go crazy-AoE in weak phase, you want to take Fujin first (nasty debuffs) and then the other two, one by one.

Convincing victories reinforce my belief that if you have basic tools and stat sticks, it's only worth pulling for Torment-worthy SBs.

I mean, that entire category is just good BSBs and yes that's basically all you should ever pull for.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Ugh, did a 11-pull on banner 2 and got Quistis SSB, Edea SSB, and Rinoa SB.

I suppose Rinoa's en-earth will work with her BSB, and Quistis's SSB is good for CMs, but damn did I strike out on these two banners.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Just finished my replay of FF9, sitting here listening to the ending/intro theme music. I'll never look at the relic draw animation quite the same way again... Never would have committed 60+ hours to this again if it weren't for FFRK.

And I'm going to jump right into FFX next.

I kinda want to play IX again.

That or get a hard drive for my PS3 so I can download my copy of X.

Man, quistis' skill set is just such a bummer. I really don't want to have to dive her for 5* black magic buttttt

aeNqQM9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.