As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

You just saw [MOVIES]? So did we! Let us discourse on this.

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular

"Death Note teaser soon stop asking :)"

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    wait okay this whole conversation is making me realize i don't know which movies are pixar and which movies are disney proper anymore

I never remember anymore either.

I always remember, because ever since Toy Story 3, the ones I watch are the Walt Disney Animation Studios movies and the ones I don't watch are the Pixar movies.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »

"Death Note teaser soon stop asking :)"

How was that recent Japanese Death Note movie

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    I am so goddamn excited for new Predator

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Deadfall wrote: »
    I am so goddamn excited for new Predator

Not only a new Predator, but a Predator that will be able to be added to Christmas movie watching lists!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Hey The Great Wall is really bad!

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Gustav wrote: »

But is it pretty?

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2017
    I still have not finished watching Unfriended.

NOOOOOOO DIRECTV UNPAUSED FOR SOME REASON AND IT'S OVER!

FUCK!

I'M NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO FINISH IT UNTIL TUESDAY WHEN IT AIRS AGAIN.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Just watched arrival it was pretty good

2x39jD4.jpg
    Losing control of my DVR while watching Unfriended seems ominous.

But is it pretty?

It is exceedingly pretty with neat creatures.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Soooo a cure for wellness is a pretty mess of a movie.
    The tooth rape scene, the mouth rape scene, and then the kid rape scene was way too fucking much for me. Made me want to vomit. I'm glad Lon Chaney got some more work though at the end. I won't ever be watching it again that's for sure though.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Macro9 wrote: »
    The tooth rape scene, the mouth rape scene, and then the kid rape scene was way too fucking much for me. Made me want to vomit. I'm glad Lon Chaney got some more work though at the end. I won't ever be watching it again that's for sure though.
    That's a lot of rape

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular

gonna need some more detes, boyo

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Just found out about this Phantasm blu ray set coming out next month, really incredibly tempting but eighty bucks ain't cheap

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Losing control of my DVR while watching Unfriended seems ominous.
    Clearly, they don't like you anymore. You've been... unfriended.

sig.gif
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    That's a lot of rape
    The tooth one was with a drill. Which is pretty horrifying in and of itself but I definitely got a Dennis Reynolds implication impression with it. That was later confirmed when his mouth was restrained and a giant tube was shoved all the way into his stomach and some eels were forced upon him. Then the thing with the kid was just straight up rape or assault. I don't think I should care to make the distinction. It was really gross though.

Maybe I'm projecting but it was how I saw all those things. Really unnerving.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    That's a lot of rape
    The tooth one was with a drill. Which is pretty horrifying in and of itself but I definitely got a Dennis Reynolds implication impression with it. That was later confirmed when his mouth was restrained and a giant tube was shoved all the way into his stomach and some eels were forced upon him. Then the thing with the kid was just straight up rape or assault. I don't think I should care to make the distinction. It was really gross though.

Maybe I'm projecting but it was how I saw all those things. Really unnerving.

Okay well

I wasn't intending to see that movie

But I am super not going to see that movie now

IKknkhU.gif
    edited February 2017

gonna need some more detes, boyo

It felt like the Raymond Burr Godzilla movie but with Matt Damon and Pedro Pascal watching the movie with you and commenting on it solely in movie cliches. Also Matt Damon's accent is so bad. Like his True Grit accent by way of a fantasy villager.

But that said it has some of my favorite visuals for a movie I didn't think was particularly good.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
    Good news! Figured out how to watch it on Amazon by signing up for a free 7 day trial of Cinemax!

Unfriended was awesome though
    I thought the little jump scare at the end was out of place.

Also I predicted every death in order.

@Chincymcchilla
    I'm guessing the hair straightener in the throat

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

@Chincymcchilla

nooooope
    DEATH BY SALSA BLENDER

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group

@Chincymcchilla

nooooope
    DEATH BY SALSA BLENDER

I was going to go with that it was just super quick.

• EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    wait okay this whole conversation is making me realize i don't know which movies are pixar and which movies are disney proper anymore

I never remember anymore either.

I always remember, because ever since Toy Story 3, the ones I watch are the Walt Disney Animation Studios movies and the ones I don't watch are the Pixar movies.

You didn't even see Inside Out? Cause you should see Inside Out.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Watching crimson peak.

More like Guillermo del BORE-o

Tube wrote: »
    Watching crimson peak.

More like Guillermo del BORE-o

Crimson Peak is a fucking roller coaster compared to The Girl in the Train.

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I saw Trainspotting for the first time last night. I expected more. It's very much a 'stuff happens' film, plots get dropped and forgotten and new ones are introduced out of nowhere.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I just got out of an advanced screening of Get Out.

It's criminal that this film is being relegated to a February release. Jordan Peele has taken a concept that sounds solid on the surface - white girl brings black boyfriend home to meet parents, but the black "help" there seem eerily off - and dives deeper, creating a tightly-wound thriller that is full of surprises even for genre-savvy folks. The characters in the film are all aware of stereotypes, and they want desperately to prove them wrong, but as the film progresses we find that stereotypes aren't the real threat - it's where you have convinced yourself that because you are aware of these stereotypes and abhor them, because you admire people different than yourself, how could you possibly be racist? This is a more sinister, subliminal kind of racism, where actions are justified as "what's best" in the same attitude as the overtly racist people who these people would loudly condemn... but it's different because you're a good person. But I have plunged into an examination of the film's subtext without giving a detailed account of the film itself. Can I be forgiven for that? Films of this nature are best seen with as little fore-knowledge as possible. (Don't watch the trailer.) Believe me though, this is a film that's destined to be a cult-classic - unless Peele keeps delivering films of this caliber.

Go see it.

DarkPrimus on
    I have every intention of watching Get Out

edited February 2017
    i just bought this because the final girls is the movie that makes me cry the most

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

Put that right next to your poster of shirtless Eric Estrada

it'll either be next to my poster for the black street fighter or the howling ii...your sister is a werewolf

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Just finished watching the first John Wick movie. That was pretty fuckin' good.
    I get that it's a revenge/grief movie, and I know what the dog represents and all that... but man, "you stole my car and killed my dog" is a never-ending hilarious explanation for a ridiculous kill spree.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
    Sorce wrote: »
    I get that it's a revenge/grief movie, and I know what the dog represents and all that... but man, "you stole my car and killed my dog" is a never-ending hilarious explanation for a ridiculous kill spree.

it's definitely part of the charm, really

6vjsgrerts6r.png

It's what the dog represents

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I can't wait until a bunch of you have seen Get Out and I can start talking about specifics behind spoilers.

DarkPrimus on
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Sorce wrote: »
    I like it. Killing the dog his dead wife gave him is a lot better than the played out "killed my wife" motive.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I would destroy the fucking moon if someone hurt my dog

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Just watched Arrival.

That's a really good movie, y'all.

My girlfriend said it's one of the best movies she's ever seen. I'm so, so glad I convinced her to at least give it a try with me.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    I would destroy the fucking moon if someone hurt my dog

@DaMoonRulz RUN FOR YOUR LIFE.

This discussion has been closed.