As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Megaten/Persona Discussion] Stealing Hearts & Streams

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    its less effort to make a video than to actually have a coherently typed guide book.
    literally push record and start playing the game.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    plus

you have to make that sweet sweet ascii art

that shit is nuts

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    its less effort to make a video than to actually have a coherently typed guide book.
    literally push record and start playing the game.

And then overlay a taste in shitty music over the actual game music.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    plus

you have to make that sweet sweet ascii art

that shit is nuts

I just typed the title.

I'm not that crazy.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Quiotu wrote: »
    People with much more time on their hands than myself make guides. I dunno why people rely on them and don't just head to GameFAQs or something. They're usually more thorough, and you can actually ask questions.

Also aren't guides usually not made by the publisher? So they don't get any money from the purchase anyway?

It actually makes sense, most those guides will be written from the point the game comes out which means you will usually be ahead of where the guide is thus making the guide 100% useless if you play the game at launch.

And then for a game like this where I'm going to want to check back frequently to make sure I'm not missing shit I standing up to walk over to my computer constantly would really take me out of the game and my phone is garbage for trying to flip around through a guide on.

So yea, gamefaqs is not a replacement for guides at all.3

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I wish my translate worked properly for that. I tried but It couldn't make clear which end was positive and which end was negative or which end was owned and I ended up picking the opposites and had to close it.

Morale is.... LESS REMAKES AND MORE NEW GAMES PLEASE ATLUS.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I wish my translate worked properly for that. I tried but It couldn't make clear which end was positive and which end was negative or which end was owned and I ended up picking the opposites and had to close it.

Morale is.... LESS REMAKES AND MORE NEW GAMES PLEASE ATLUS.

Not until we get SMT2 and Devil Summoner 1. And maybe more DemiKids.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I'm actually fine without Persona 5 The Better One. I don't care that much.

But I still need that version, because I'm not going to trust Atlus if they say that they aren't making it, and that makes me feel bad when I put time into the first version.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    If you're crazy like me, this probably sounds delicious.
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3299/
    Introducing Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne - Hardtype! This is a hack of the original game designed with several primary goals in mind:

1) Rebalance many aspects of the original game.
    2) Create a gameplay experience that is challenging to veterans of the SMT series.
    3) Add in some fresh new enemies and skills to revitalize the gameplay experience.

This hack is intended for people who have already played (and generally mastered) the original game, and is designed to be played on Hard mode. For those who don’t fit this profile, or don’t want a more challenging experience than the original, then feel free to play on Normal mode.
    Qualify of Life Enhancements:

Lower quality skills are no longer more likely to transfer in fusions (I’m looking at you, Pester)
    Unlearned skills on demons and magatama are no longer hidden
    Swapping demons now uses half a press turn
    Demons can now swap themselves out
    Demons in stock gain 75% of the XP gained in battle (100% with Watchful)
    Geis can now be bought in a shop in addition to being won from Puzzle Boy
    Shop prices are now only doubled on Hard mode, not tripled
    Son’s Oath now gives Dante the Pierce effect
    Retreat is now possible (albeit unlikely) in Hard mode
    MP pools are increased by 1/3
    AoE healing now affects your entire roster, not just the active party

Difficulty Enhancements:

After the earliest areas of the game, new and powerful enemies will show up during full Kagutsuchi
    Enemy encounter sets have been enhanced
    Enemy scripts have been enhanced
    Boss scripts have been selectively altered, and their stats have been increased substantially
    The HP of random encounter enemies scales up more over the course of the game
    New maximum of 2 -Kaja stacks on the player and 2 -Kunda stacks on enemies
    Trafuri is removed
    Tetra/Makarakarn now only affect the caster
    Estoma’s effectiveness is reduced (until you get Masakados)
    Mitama stat bonus cap lowered from +100% to +25% of base stats

Balance Changes:
    Physical skills have been improved in the early and mid-game
    Magic skills have been improved in the late-game (and magic damage no longer caps)
    Pierce now also penetrates Resist/Null for magic skills
    HP-based skills now use strength for damage, and their damage output ranges from 60%-100% of normal based on your current HP% (the power of these skills was raised a bit to compensate for this)
    Agility and Luck now have much higher impact on the things they effect
    Luck now affects the rate of ailments and instant death
    Luck now affects critical hit chance
    Luck is now the primary factor in magic accuracy (yes, Luck did almost nothing in the original game…)
    Dark/Bright Might crit rate reduced to 50%
    Might crit rate increased to 30%
    Might skills, Drain Attack, and Attack All can now all stack with each other
    Drain attack healing increased to 100% of damage dealt
    Shock and Freeze can now work on bosses and only last through one physical attack
    Tarukaja now affects both physical and magical attacks (Makakaja was repurposed)
    Tornado damage reduced from Heavy to Med
    MC’s unique Phys skills have been re-tooled and re-balanced (check ‘em out!)
    Many new skills have been placed on Magatama
    Stat bonuses on Magatama have been generally improved
    Magma Axis now treats a target’s Drain Fire or Repel Fire as Void Fire (works with Pierce)
    Resistances and skillsets of demons have been rebalanced
    Elem Boost skills reduced to +30%

New Skills (a few are re-works):

Scald: AoE Light-Mid Fire damage. Lowers enemy physical attack.
    Laevateinn: Acts as Fire Boost and enhances Surt’s regular Attack
    Chill: Single target Light-Mid Ice damage. Inflicts Sukunda.
    Cocytus: 3-7 hits of Mid Ice damage. High odds of Freeze.
    Niflheim: AoE Mega Ice damage. Lowers enemy evasion.
    Zap: Single target Light Elec damage. Extremely high chance of Shock.
    Mjolnir: Single target Mega Elec damage. High chance of Shock.
    Thunder Reign: AoE Mega Elec damage. Moderately high chance of shock.
    Odinson: Passive skill that acts as Elec boost and doubles Shock chance. (unique to Odin)
    Dervish: AoE Light-Mid Force damage. Lowers enemy evasion
    Panta Rhei: AoE Mega Force damage.
    Vayavya: 3-7 hits of Heavy Force damage. Low odds of Stun.
    Antichthon: Single target Heavy Almighty damage. Inflicts Debilitate.
    Last Word: Single target Severe Almighty damage. Uses all remaining press turns.
    God’s Curse: AoE Med-Heavy Almighty damage. Inflicts random Curse/Nerve ailments.
    Sol Niger: AoE Heavy Almighty damage. Dekaja effect.
    Babylon Goblet: Sukunda effect. Mid odds of Panic.
    Soul Drain: Drains HP&MP from the enemy. (More powerful than Life Drain / Meditate)
    Fang Breaker: Single target Light Phys damage. Tarunda effect.
    Akasha Arts: Single target Heavy Phys damage. Greater damage with lower HP%.
    Primal Force: Single target Severe Phys damage. Cannot crit without Shock/Freeze.
    Skull Cleave: Single target Heavy Phys damage. Rakunda effect.
    Chi Blast: AoE Light Phys damage. Low accuracy, high crit rate.
    Earthquake: AoE Mega Phys damage. High accuracy, low odds of Stun. Cannot crit without Shock/Freeze.
    Gate of Hell: AoE Heavy Phys damage. Low odds of Petrify.
    Poison Arrow: 3-5 hits of Light Phys damage. Low odds of Poison.
    Bloodbath: 3-5 hits of Mid Phys damage. Low accuracy, high crit rate.
    Sakura Rage: 3-5 hits of Mid Phys damage. Low odds of Charm.
    Amrita: Heals all ailments on the party.
    Cadenza: Increases accuracy and magic attack.
    Heat Riser: Grants all -kaja effects twice to one target.
    Luster Candy: Grants all -kaja effects to the party. (AVAILABLE AS CONSUMABLE ITEM ONLY)
    Anti-Magic: Grants Fire/Ice/Elec/Force resistance.
    Anti-Ailments: Grants Nerve/Curse/Mind resistance.
    Void Ailments: Grants immunity to Nerve/Curse/Mind.
    Unshaken Will: Grants 2x resistance to Nerve/Curse/Mind/Death/Expel.
    Magic Boost: Acts as Fire/Ice/Elec/Force Boost.
    Arms Master: Halves the HP cost of physical skills.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    It sounds like a lesson in pain.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    That sounds cool, but I'm not going back to random transfer.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    So, when do we finally get another Persona Arena game that includes the clearly definable Persona 2 members of the Shadow Operatives?

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Man, after playing TMS so much, it's going to feel weird going back to P5 and not having Session skills. (Unless it does have a equivalent, I haven't actually paid that much attention to new systems.) I actually rather like having the entire party active in fights and having a reason to keep them leveled up and equipped and not just the front row.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Man, after playing TMS so much, it's going to feel weird going back to P5 and not having Session skills. (Unless it does have a equivalent, I haven't actually paid that much attention to new systems.) I actually rather like having the entire party active in fights and having a reason to keep them leveled up and equipped and not just the front row.

It does not have them.

And good. The system would need to be refined a bit more before I'd be happy having something like it in a main series game like that.

Also I don't like leveling characters I don't like/use and even in TMS I didn't level them. It did not not matter at all.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Just a heads up for Oceanic people, I looked around and couldn't find a listing for PS3 Persona 5 so I asked the distributors:

So yeah, you may need to look into importing if you don't want to buy a PS4 just for it.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    I just checked and hey, Persona 5 on PS3 is only 50€! That's great.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    Just a heads up for Oceanic people, I looked around and couldn't find a listing for PS3 Persona 5 so I asked the distributors:

So yeah, you may need to look into importing if you don't want to buy a PS4 just for it.

Man, I bought a PS4 just for Persona 5. In 2014. When it was supposed to have been released.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular

Man, I bought a PS4 just for Persona 5. In 2014. When it was supposed to have been released.

My rule for console buying is three games and up until now the only one the PS4 had I was interested in was Bloodborne.

If Horizon and Nioh hadn't come out I'd have been perfectly willing to play it on PS3 (except for the whole y'know, not being released in Australia thing.

• Options

My rule for console buying is three games and up until now the only one the PS4 had I was interested in was Bloodborne.

If Horizon and Nioh hadn't come out I'd have been perfectly willing to play it on PS3 (except for the whole y'know, not being released in Australia thing.

Me too. Until Dawn and XV were my other two.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options

My rule has always been 1 exclusive.

*stares at xbox he bought for jet set radio future*

*galnces over at WiiU bought for Xenoblade X* At least I'm getting Zelda on the WiiU too...

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    yea, its pretty bad that my ps3 was a valkyria chronicles player and my ps vida was a Persona 4 golden player...
    My wiiU actually had splatoon and windwaker so those are something.

I guess I can go with the ps3 version of Persona 5. how stripped down is it compared to the ps4 release?

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    yea, its pretty bad that my ps3 was a valkyria chronicles player and my ps vida was a Persona 4 golden player...
    My wiiU actually had splatoon and windwaker so those are something.

I guess I can go with the ps3 version of Persona 5. how stripped down is it compared to the ps4 release?

It was made for the PS3. It'll be fine.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Let's Play Persona 5 With Ann Takamaki's VA Erika Harlacher!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygyCxwoC26E

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I've heard that video has spoilers.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    It's a Let's Play so yeah, most likely.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    she is super excited to be playing persona

always fun to see a fan who made it into the product

EDIT: boy that sure is a font choice

EDIT: for those avoiding, there is story spoilers for first part of first dungeon in that video
    and one of the main characters persona awakening

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Nope nope nope

Not watching any of this

Not until I am through my first playthrough

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Got around to playing through SMT4A in the meantime. Pretty good even if it's basically just the entire original game's assets reused with another story. It does get a little too "anime" towards the end(probably influenced by Persona) and the final dungeon is a tire fire of bad level design, but otherwise I liked it overall.

Also includes one of the best boss themes they've composed to date. (previously it only existed as part of one specific SMT4 DLC)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1qS9LMuK8M

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I'm really glad we've reached a point with Persona where people are excited about being a part of the games. Let's you know it really is getting that traction. I'm curious about who pops up in Persona 5 who just wanted a part.

Kinda like how Norman Reedus played one role in one episode of the Netflix Voltron show. You don't get someone like that on your show for a cameo unless people are excited about what you're making.

Quiotu on
    wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

omg we get to be persona buddies

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Free Yusuke theme until 5/21:
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/avatars/persona-5-yusuke-special-theme-avatar-set/cid=UP2611-CUSA05877_00-THEMEBUNDLE00005

Also, all aboard for the PS3 version train. Who's coming with me?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to replaying Persona 5 Crimson on the Vita.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/avatars/persona-5-yusuke-special-theme-avatar-set/cid=UP2611-CUSA05877_00-THEMEBUNDLE00005

That link looks like the theme is only for the ps4 :(

I'll be getting the game for my ps3 though, assuming they actually release the game for it...

• Options
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »

That link looks like the theme is only for the ps4 :(

I'll be getting the game for my ps3 though, assuming they actually release the game for it...

It is coming to the PS3. I also have a PS4.

I'm just insane like that.
    (And it's cheaper. And probably going to be a collector's item.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS_kPKA9plA

PS4 launch run will come with a controller skin, similar to how P4G came with a Vita skin.

• Options
    apparently theres some rumors of the steelbook (and tyh edition) being cancelled from amazon due to a dangerous shipment issue?

my .ca one hasnt been cancelled yet but .ca is kinda shit customer support wise

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    It better not be canceled everywhere

I paid for mine from GameStop and I will choke someone

This discussion has been closed.