As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Nintendo Switch: It's (sold) Out!

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Ugh getting nervous this thing won't show up on Friday. I mean it wouldn't be the end of the world but still.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    For a different question. If I didn't preorder, is there a way to know when the next round of shipments are gonna start hitting places?

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    What carrier is amzl us?

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    What carrier is amzl us?

Whichever one they can use, mostly UPS or UPS to USPS.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Think that's where Amazon handles the delivery themselves, maybe through local courier services?

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I mean yeah, its all going to come down to where you are and where their stock is coming from. I imagine most stuff has already gone to regional centers at this point.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Ok. I figured as much but had never seen it before.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    My NES visual compendium just arrived today. So pretty and getting me extra hyped for the Switch.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    Awwwww shiii...

Card charged. If they send it out in the next few hours, I might even get it tonight (doubtful).

Of course, fraud alert on my card tripped, but only for a game, not for the console itself.

Number One Tricky
  • edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    My order is only shipping on or just before the 3rd it looks like. Still preparing.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    for anyone that missed preorders or was on the fence, gamestop told me it would be 4-6 weeks for any additional units to be delivered to them

not sure if that's all gamestops or just the three near me

• ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Just got the call from my EB Games - my Switch is at the store, waiting for me to show up Friday 9AM.

Hype levels are at maximum! How the fuck am I going to get any work done for the next 2 days?

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edzepp wrote: »

With all the indie games coming out even if they are all that size I am still worried about storage.

steam_sig.png
    Fair. I just like praising Shin'en. They've always impressed me.

• HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I gotta say, I am super glad I jumped on it and went with the 512gb card. We still have E3 to get through and there are so many damn games already.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Best Buy is gonna give me an aneurism. No charges on my card, just says awaiting payment and no movement on the pre-order.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »

With all the indie games coming out even if they are all that size I am still worried about storage.

Do we know whether many of the indie games that come out are going to be eshop only? I'm a bit of a fuddy duddy about getting physical media whenever I can.

I'll just leave this here, lol.

mUX0U7L.png

• Gennenalyse RuebenGennenalyse Rueben The Prettiest Boy is Ridiculously Pretty Registered User regular
    Appledeal, huh. That sure is one hell of a deal.

For the seller.

• TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Appledeal, huh. That sure is one hell of a deal.

For the seller.

Hold your tongue and say apple; think that sums it up

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      TNTrooper wrote: »

Do we know whether many of the indie games that come out are going to be eshop only? I'm a bit of a fuddy duddy about getting physical media whenever I can.

Indie games are typically digital unless they do a limited physical run. Shovel Knight has physical copies but I don't know if they still have them.

I'll just leave this here, lol.

mUX0U7L.png

now that's an offer i can't refuse

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
      Athenor wrote: »
      Best Buy is gonna give me an aneurism. No charges on my card, just says awaiting payment and no movement on the pre-order.

Yeah. Same here. Best Buy still on pre-order.

Surely it will start up tomorrow. I think they intentionally do that with store pickups.

• DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
      Krathoon wrote: »

Surely it will start up tomorrow. I think they intentionally do that with store pickups.

Are we talking US or Canada? The way they describe it on the Canada website is nothing will ship until launch day and someone round here even called to confirm. Still hoping though.

People have mentioned possibly getting deliveries on a Saturday? Pretty sure we don't have that in Canada either. If only I knew this a few months ago and then I could have moved just to ensure I get it as soon as possible.

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
    • Venture IndustryVenture Industry Registered User regular
      I just wanted to say before the launch it has been a lot of fun following this forum since October. I know I haven't commented much, but I've followed the thread(s) and read every page to join in on the hype.

The time before a new Nintendo console release has always been so exciting (before any potential disappointment hits) and it's just been a pleasure following along with you all. I am excited for Friday.

3DS: 3866-8020-5336 NNID/PSN: VentureIndustry XBL: Hax0rz
    • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
      Following up from last thread

Fahey tried a Switch cartridge for Snacktaku on a dare.

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-cartridges-taste-so-bad-1792869498

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjQefYbFFYo

I just wanted to say before the launch it has been a lot of fun following this forum since October. I know I haven't commented much, but I've followed the thread(s) and read every page to join in on the hype.

The time before a new Nintendo console release has always been so exciting (before any potential disappointment hits) and it's just been a pleasure following along with you all. I am excited for Friday.

Agreed. These forums have great people and it's a great place to hype it up!

Donnicton wrote: »
      Following up from last thread

Fahey tried a Switch cartridge for Snacktaku on a dare.

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-cartridges-taste-so-bad-1792869498

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjQefYbFFYo

Everyone is going to get Zelda on Friday and then lick it.

steam_sig.png
    • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
      Entaru wrote: »
      What carrier is amzl us?

Hope you don't live in an apartment.i had a different package out for delivery today from whatever amzl us is and only got an unable to deliver notification even though I was home at the time.

(She/Her)
    • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
      I wonder if this is some elaborate ruse to get us all to lick our games.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
      Admit it: because we've seen that we're ALL going to lick our games now.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
      I have to do it.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
      I had a worried thought:

What about pets?

Like.. if it is some kind of oil or reaction that messes with saliva, how will pets interpret it? I think our dog chewed on our N64 carts a few times...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    • Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
      While I remain anxious at the lack of movement on my order from Best Buy Canada, I have ordered games and Blurays from there before and they have arrived on release day, so I'm holding out hope. Also, I have received packages on the weekend on occasion, but I think that was during special Christmas hours or something.

Xbox - Dodge Mega
      Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
      edited March 2017
      urahonky wrote: »
      I wonder if this is some elaborate ruse to get us all to lick our games.

It's all a government conspiracy to placate us to submit to their will! Like flouride in the water.

Mind control, dog!

a nu start on
      Number One Tricky
      I had a worried thought:

What about pets?

Like.. if it is some kind of oil or reaction that messes with saliva, how will pets interpret it? I think our dog chewed on our N64 carts a few times...

If they can smell it then you shouldn't have to dig through dog shit for a missing game cartridge.

steam_sig.png
    • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
      edited March 2017
      Dritz wrote: »
      Krathoon wrote: »

Are we talking US or Canada? The way they describe it on the Canada website is nothing will ship until launch day and someone round here even called to confirm. Still hoping though.

People have mentioned possibly getting deliveries on a Saturday? Pretty sure we don't have that in Canada either. If only I knew this a few months ago and then I could have moved just to ensure I get it as soon as possible.

This is U.S.

Odds are it will start up tomorrow. They waited until the day before on another order earlier in the week.

Krathoon on
    • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
      edited March 2017
      I'm pretty sure that if your dog "chews on" this size cartridge, you won't have a cartridge anymore. But yeah, I mean, I suppose it's also troubling if you think about any negative impact it may have on the dog.

Don't leave your tiny Switch cartridges laying around if you have dogs or babies in the house! Or especially baby dogs, don't forget that permutation

Edit: To say nothing of dogbabies

Edit2: I said SAY NOTHING

GMaster7 on
      PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
      In some kind of devil's advocate deal, I've never bothered to lick a Wii game, or a Playstation disc, or any other removable media.

Maybe they all taste awful.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
      In some kind of devil's advocate deal, I've never bothered to lick a Wii game, or a Playstation disc, or any other removable media.

Maybe they all taste awful.

Wait if you don't lick them how are you supposed to play them?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    This discussion has been closed.