As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Star Wars Rebels] Season 4: May the Fourth Be With Uth

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Isn't this show 5 five years before new hope? If so, shit is going to go down in season 4.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    New clip for next episode, spoilered for a character in it

I like that that ties into a throw-away line from ANH.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »
    New clip for next episode, spoilered for a character in it

I like that that ties into a throw-away line from ANH.

... which had already been developed in the (old) EU, particularly a certain game set an even longer long ago, because there is not a frame of ANH that has not been obsessively analyzed over the last 40 years. :wry:

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Secret Cargo:
    TIE Defender survives while the mook TIE Advances Interceptors don't. Imperial Credits well spent!

Edit:
    Corrected model after review

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Wow fantastic episode this week. More thoughts when I am not on the phone.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Through Imperial Eyes is the best Rebels episode.

Goosebumps the entire episode.

oh h*ck
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Really cool seeing Ezra fly around fighting in a Y-Wing. Would really like to see more of that moving forward with regards to space battles. Him and Zeb just manning the turrets every time doesn't really have the same excitement.

• Space PickleSpace Pickle Registered User regular
    Yes, and it was nice to see Gold Leader do a little more than just get destroyed.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    I did think it's kind of odd that ion cannons are apparently a new technology now. Or, perhaps just one that Ezra wasn't familiar with?
    And that the empire wasn't losing it's collective mind at the thought that a one man fighter can drop the shields on a capital ship with one shot now.

Really did like the last scene with the Star Destroyers getting burnt.

• MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    I did think it's kind of odd that ion cannons are apparently a new technology now. Or, perhaps just one that Ezra wasn't familiar with?
    And that the empire wasn't losing it's collective mind at the thought that a one man fighter can drop the shields on a capital ship with one shot now.

Eh, those aren't really capital ships. They are picket ships basically.

edited March 2017
    Mvrck wrote: »

Eh, those aren't really capital ships. They are picket ships basically.
    Okay, they're not capital ships. That wasn't really the point I was trying to make.
    They're big ships and they carry fighters. Together, they should easily outgun a half dozen outdated fighters and a tramp freighter.
    Having the big ships shields neutralized by a single shot from a single one man fighter should really cause some heads to turn.
    On the other hand, the Defender was also mounting 6 lasers instead of the 4 lasers, 2 ions from the TIE fighter game, so maybe ions are a new technology.
    Just seems kind of weird since ion cannons have pretty much always been a part of Star Wars.

see317 on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Ions only temporarily short-circuit the shields, if you don't coordinate a bombing run within seconds, the power surge is absorbed and the shields come back up. Feels like that's fairly standard combat doctrine in Star Wars fleet engagements (Least from the Rebellion side, Imperial force tends to rely on swarm tactics, likely a holdover from Clone Wars Doctrine that old hardliners have a hard time letting go of and Palps gives no fucks so long as he gets his Sith Lord time dammit)

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Sigh I overslept and someone forgot it was on in the morning
    O well

• DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    man, the fire effects looked great.

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Last night's episode

I was a little wary of a droid centeric episode as I never like them (on Rebels or Clone Wars), but this one was really funny.

Between AP-5 and Chopper reciting the song "I can do anything you can do better"

And
    AP-5 drifting through space singing at the end.

This was a good episode.

LostNinja on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I continue to thoroughly enjoy the Alan Rickman/Psychotic Janitor dynamic.

• DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Latest Episode
    The ending really bugged me. I'd have much rather that they just flipped them off and cut the link, or sent them the wrong coordinates for the base, or something, because if sending enough power to break a ship so hard it blew up through hyperspace was possible, then the Emperor definitely would have turned into a gun.

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    It was kinda out there, that ending.

Still a fun episode.

Latest Episode
    The ending really bugged me. I'd have much rather that they just flipped them off and cut the link, or sent them the wrong coordinates for the base, or something, because if sending enough power to break a ship so hard it blew up through hyperspace was possible, then the Emperor definitely would have turned into a gun.
    Or if they just had someone upload a virus to the imperial ship or any number of things that weren't overloading the system hard enough to explode.
    Maybe just a massive sensory overload package that would have blinded the crew of the imperial ship (since it looked like they all had those Lobot implants and were connecting the system directly to their brains).

• DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Latest Episode

It was really odd, but
    Hera said, "say goodbye to your data drive" or something on that order. She was trying to fry their server; I don't think that she was trying to blow up their ship. The explosion was an unintended consequence.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I continue to thoroughly enjoy the Alan Rickman/Psychotic Janitor dynamic.

I am positive that the voice actor is just straight up doing Rickman's Marvin the Paranoid Android from the Hitchhiker's Guide movie.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Latest Episode

It was really odd, but
    Hera said, "say goodbye to your data drive" or something on that order. She was trying to fry their server; I don't think that she was trying to blow up their ship. The explosion was an unintended consequence.
    Yeah, but even that's dumb. Even if it was just supposed to mess with the data, that it's possible at all implies that it could be scaled up. Which is insane.

Latest Episode Villain:
    I'm just hoping that that ship exploding means that we're not going to be seeing Captain Boring Monotone Lobot anymore.
    The series has done some really great work with villains, making them easily as entertaining (or more so) than the main cast. The Grand Inquisitor, Kallus, Thrawn, even the Minister of Lothal with the great hat... All characters I would look forward to seeing again (if half of them weren't dead).

This guy? Not so much.
    I guess I get what they're going for making him monotone, soulless and seemingly dead inside. Either he's a cyborg and lost his emotions, or he's suppressed them in service to the Empire. Either way though, that's just boring to watch. Even when he counters that characterization by not following protocol in an attempt to get a promotion or whatever kudos he was looking for.

• DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    I didn't know you can blow up ships just by turning the radio up to 11

Not sure why they're still doing filler episodes at this point.

Twin Suns
    I feel like that is a fitting end for what was originally a one off antagonist.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    The fight definitely had alot of samurai stylings to it. Quite liked how it turned out - feels like a good, solid, classy ending to that particular rivalry.

edited March 2017
    After watching the Rebels Recon for the episode:
    Maul dying from using the same move that he killed Qui-Gon with is a nice detail.

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    After watching the Rebels Recon for the episode:
    Maul dying from using the same move that he killed Qui-Gon with is a nice detail.

According to wookiepeedia
    That entire exchange was all a reference to Phantom Menace, from Kenobi's stance mirroring Qui-Gon, to Maul trying to use the same headstrike that set Qui-Gon up for the kill.

H9f4bVe.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Watched Twin Suns...
    Perfect ending for Maul. One of the best saber duels because it was more what I expect two masters to do. Wait, watch, and a single strike of the force determines it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    If you have not watched the episode yet, stay away from Star War's Facebook page. They spoiled it for me as I was scrolling through my feed last night.

Twin Suns
    Have to admit I'm a little bit disappointed that there wasn't a longer Kenobi/ Maul fireside chat pre-fight.
    I would have loved to see the two of them just so tired of all the Jedi/Sith bullshit they've spent their lives on with next to nothing to show for it, and they don't even want to fight each other, even though they both know it's the only way things can end.

I did like the end though.
    "...then he'll avenge us both."
    A great line to go out on.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Twin Suns
    I love how obi-Wan was on a complete other level than any other lightsaber user in this show except for Vader.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Twin suns
    i would have liked more obi wan in the episode but damn, that showdown was perfect

The light saber duel was one of the best ive seen. None of this flashy bullshit. Dont get me wrong, sometimes you want to see that stuff. But what we got was perfect.

I kept thinking of what yoda said: a jedi uses the force for defence, never attack. Obi wan displayed that perfectly.

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    It felt anticlimactic for be but in a good way?

Makes me wonder if Obi could of taken on Vader if he wanted to.

Remember Mustafar? As long as there was some high ground around, he'd have been aces.

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular

I don't think so. I think Obi-Wan could have prolonged their duel on the DS, but to what purpose? Luke had made it to the Falcon and was going to interfere instead of leaving.

Until Vader learns about Luke and his iron-clad resolve starts to degrade I don't think anyone could beat him in a duel.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017

Remember Mustafar? As long as there was some high ground around, he'd have been aces.
    If anything both fights show that Obi-Wan spent decades of his life ruminating on his master's death.

On Mustafar he strikes down Anakin after Anakin does the same move that Obi did to defeat Maul in episode 1. Remember that fight? Obi is below Maul so he jumps up and over Maul, striking him. Anakin does that same thing as his last move in the Mustafar fight, but Obi-Wan is ready for him. So not only has Obi taught him that move, he also came up with a counter to it in that time.

Then he fights Maul, and they start to play out the last moments of Quigon's fight, but Obi already knows counters for Maul's moves.

So he's spent decades of his life thinking about that fight.

Dedwrekka on
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Oh damn, season's already almost over!

teaser for the finale:

• PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »

I don't think so. I think Obi-Wan could have prolonged their duel on the DS, but to what purpose? Luke had made it to the Falcon and was going to interfere instead of leaving.

Until Vader learns about Luke and his iron-clad resolve starts to degrade I don't think anyone could beat him in a duel.

Obi-Wan needed Vader around to motivate Luke. It's why he suggested that Vader killed his father and why he was comfortable being Vader's victim in front of Luke. His and Yoda's entire plan was to train Luke to destroy the Death Star/kill Vader, knowing that if he was strong enough to kill Vader he would stand a chance against the Emperor.

I think that theory kind of falls apart since Obi-Wan and Yoda's master plan for training the super-Jedi destined to defeat the Emperor was apparently "leave him with his closest relatives on a backwater dustball (where Vader was born and lived) for 16 years and hope he manages to become an excellent pilot and swordsman in his free moments between farming water and fixing vaporators".