As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2] Path of Fire expansion to be released on Sept 22!

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    They're having another series of "deal a day" sales in the gem store (and being just as bad about marketing it as they were the last time they did this...)

The copper fed savager is on sale for 600 gems instead of 800 for the next 15 hours, as of this post.

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I've been pretty busy lately with little time to play, but can someone "@" me if the salvagers supplies goes on sale?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    So I did some unranked pvp today and for not having done any pvp in a long time, everything seemed to click. I was wrecking people on my thief.

• StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Is there some current conventional wisdom about what to salvage and what to sell to generate gold? I tapped out my account making viper's exotic because I'm not planning on ascended any time soon, and I'm wondering if I should start selling some blue/greens. Right now, I salvage everything and just keep pumping magic find and storing the mats (128% MF). I don't have too many problems generating loot - I just don't know if I should sell or grind it up.

• FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Is there some current conventional wisdom about what to salvage and what to sell to generate gold? I tapped out my account making viper's exotic because I'm not planning on ascended any time soon, and I'm wondering if I should start selling some blue/greens. Right now, I salvage everything and just keep pumping magic find and storing the mats (128% MF). I don't have too many problems generating loot - I just don't know if I should sell or grind it up.

Conventional wisdom by my understanding:

Blues/greens: always salvage. Unless you;re someone who loves EVE Online for the market, you're never going to get more from selling vs. salvaging.

Rares: If the TP price is better than the price of an ecto (sometimes the case with medium armor, 'cause of people hoping for Hardened Leather) sell, otherwise salvage for the ecto chance. While there is always the chance for more than one ecto, your expected average is just under 9 ectos for every 10 rares salvage, so anything worth more than one is guaranteed profit above what you would be able to expect if you plan on selling your ectos.

Exotics: If the TP price is noticeably better than that of the Rune or Sigil in it (which is most cases), sell it. if the prices are close, or the upgrade is worth more than the item (rare, but it happens) salvage it with a Black Lion Salvage kit to get the upgrade and sell the upgrade.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Cool, thanks. I've been saving karma bought master kits for yellows and oranges. Will have to examine whether some of those might cash in better. Guess I also need to start liquidating some mats, so all this salvage actually turns into shiny coins. =)

• M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Cool, thanks. I've been saving karma bought master kits for yellows and oranges. Will have to examine whether some of those might cash in better. Guess I also need to start liquidating some mats, so all this salvage actually turns into shiny coins. =)

Are you chest farming, too ? Ie, have some lvl 21 characters parked by a chest, and open it every day, hoping for silver doubloons which sell for around 1.5g ? Worth taking the time to do if you have some spare character slots not being used.

edited March 2017
    The sale item(s) of the day include the Molten Harvesting Tools, 500 gems each. No 3-pack, though :(

Convenient, as I just hit an achievement level that gave me some free gems...

Perrsun on
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Hahaha. Watching OMGlitzy on twitch (One of my absolute favorite GW2 streamers) and I won a giveaway for a precursor! ... it was Rage! I can make a legendary harpoon gun!

I make jokes, but im super excited, its the first precursor ive had, and im seriously considering making the legendary. Still going to enter a giveaway for Dawn, but who knows! Maybe ill get crazy lucky and win two pres in one day. :p

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • LeandriellLeandriell Registered User regular
    Shared inventory slots currently on sale!

• The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    Citizens! You can get a free Hallows Fortune Fireworks from the gem store for the next few hours. Gives a one time 50% Magic Find boost to you and nearby allies.

Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
    Node pack is on sale today. That's Cloth, Leather, Lumber, Ore, and Harvesting.

Of those, I think only Ore not-that-good, since it's Copper, Silver, and Gold... but as a bundle it seems like a good deal.

• KorsakoviaKorsakovia technoDaleks Registered User regular
    Out of the loop player here.
    Is there life in WvW or Raids?

I was big on WvW, but was never able to find any groups to do Raids (the end game expansion content).

Korsakovia wrote: »
    Out of the loop player here.
    Is there life in WvW or Raids?

I was big on WvW, but was never able to find any groups to do Raids (the end game expansion content).

There does seem to be life in both of those areas, though I couldn't quantify it, since I don't participate in either that much.

I can say that I know there are a few guilds out there that focus on raiding, and the LFG seems to almost always have people forming groups.

As for WvW, I think the life-levels vary, but it's not rare for me to see at least one of the borderlands with a queue, especially on a weekend. They did a thing some months ago where now there are linked servers (so it's not just FA on the blue borderlands, for example), so the population levels have been a bit more stable.

edited March 2017
    In case you hadn't spotted it... SAB returns on Thursday! If nothing else, get your Warhorn skins to annoy Corrigan!

For Raiding, getting into it can be difficult without joining a training guild/group, as most LFGs expect you to know your stuff. I use TTS's training raids for stuff I don't know, and LFG for stuff I do.

Fractals are equally GW2's "pve endgame", but more accessible at lower levels anyway

Leandriell on
    So two awesome things in the past day.

1. Super amazing thanks to @Naengwen for inviting me to a raid, we were able to beat a few bosses and I unlocked the final mastery I needed! Woo!

2. I did a thing.

zNO3wbv.png
    YYagfKP.png

n1woEHJ.png
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Patch is up.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-March-28-2017

Biggest thing is some H U G E bugfixes to Hearts and Minds challenge mode (formerly extreme mode), so if you were holding off on that particular achievement, now might be the time to give it another go.

A small thing: weaponsmiths and artificers can now craft various leathers, while tailors and leatherworkers can now craft various metals. This is probably to make Legendary crafting easier on people who don't have a lot of alts.

And of course Super Adventure Box will be launching on the 30th.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    So two awesome things in the past day.

1. Super amazing thanks to @Naengwen for inviting me to a raid, we were able to beat a few bosses and I unlocked the final mastery I needed! Woo!

2. I did a thing.

zNO3wbv.png
    YYagfKP.png

No problem mang!

If anyone else is interested by the way, I'm running a Sunday chill raid run that goes from 6PM-8PM PDT, no sooner, no later. We take what we can get but have been running at least 2 people short over the past month. If you're interested in raiding and have a character raring to go for that time slot, shoot me a PM and I'll add you to the roster.

Lately that group has been pushing through wing 4, which is easier overall (they ramp up the difficulty in challenge motes). I usually poll the group beforehand for interest, so I'd expect once the majority gets their Deimos kill we'll probably bounce around other wings again for folks to complete their legendary armor collections.

And of course I'm raiding every other day of the week with other varied groups so if you see me on and not in an instance and need a 10th for a group you're setting up, feel free to shoot me a whisper :)

• Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    All right I'm really enjoying playing as a Charr Engineer. There is something both amusing and satisfying using a huge blunderbuss to solve all of my problems. I'll not neglect my Mesmer, however.

• vamenvamen Registered User regular
    All right I'm really enjoying playing as a Charr Engineer. There is something both amusing and satisfying using a huge blunderbuss to solve all of my problems. I'll not neglect my Mesmer, however.

That was one of my first characters and still my most beloved, even if I haven't played him in many, many moons.

edited March 2017
    naengwen wrote: »

If anyone else is interested by the way, I'm running a Sunday chill raid run that goes from 6PM-8PM PDT, no sooner, no later. We take what we can get but have been running at least 2 people short over the past month. If you're interested in raiding and have a character raring to go for that time slot, shoot me a PM and I'll add you to the roster.

Lately that group has been pushing through wing 4, which is easier overall (they ramp up the difficulty in challenge motes). I usually poll the group beforehand for interest, so I'd expect once the majority gets their Deimos kill we'll probably bounce around other wings again for folks to complete their legendary armor collections.

Stop raiding at 2am ;) :P

Leandriell on
    If you'd be willing to pay my mortgage, I could start raiding at 6am instead!

/headdesk

In unrelated news.. Jumping wars in 13ish hours!

• freelancerbobfreelancerbob UKRegistered User regular
    Free cloud glider skin! log in to get it!

What is this thing that is happening here.
  • ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular

I thought the cloud glider skin was 500 gems...

5 minutes before SAB releases: FUCK YEAH SAB I LOVE THIS SHIT WOO LETS FUCKING GO BOYS.

5 minutes after Tribulation mode: FUCK SAB THIS SHIT NEEDS TO STOP JESUS CHRIST FUCK EVERYTHING.

n1woEHJ.png

I thought the cloud glider skin was 500 gems...

Nope, free on log in - warning, it auto equips when you unlock it (grr!)

Are you sure someone didn't gift you it? I sure didnt get one for logging in. D:

n1woEHJ.png
    Need to get my blue infusion unlocked this year boy howdy

Interesting. I've not seen any other place that says the cloud glider is free. I mean, yay if that's true, but I thought there'd be more buzz about it if that's the case.

I'm wanting to see this holo-copter glider thing. Is that in the store yet?

edited March 2017
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Are you sure someone didn't gift you it? I sure didnt get one for logging in. D:
    If it is.. it's a mysterious benefactor, Goldy and I both got one in the mail. (Tav, are you our super santa?!) I blame goldy for telling me they were free :P

On a semi-related note, get your super warhorn skins and annoy corrigan with them!

Leandriell on
  • freelancerbobfreelancerbob UKRegistered User regular
    Oops. I guess someone sent it us!

What is this thing that is happening here.
  • The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    In my excitement for cloud surfing I forgot to include a message when I sent them.

I have another Super Cloud Glider to give away. To win it just PM me your favourite cloud along with your GW2 account name (e.g. Dave.8172) and I'll pick a random winner when I crawl out of bed on Sunday (~10:00 am server).

Only enteries via PM will be counted don't clutter this thread with them.

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    SAB Kitty is probably the hardest to date.. huzzah for finally getting the bizarre kitty.

In my excitement for cloud surfing I forgot to include a message when I sent them.

I have another Super Cloud Glider to give away. To win it just PM me your favourite cloud along with your GW2 account name (e.g. Dave.8172) and I'll pick a random winner when I crawl out of bed on Sunday (~10:00 am server).

Only entries via PM will be counted don't clutter this thread with them.

Congrats @ringswraith you win the Super-Happy-Fun-Time-Cloud!

Only entries via PM will be counted don't clutter this thread with them.

Congrats @ringswraith you win the Super-Happy-Fun-Time-Cloud!

Just woke up, logged in, saw the in-game mail. Thank you! :D

Speaking of crazy generous people @naengwen heard me bitching in discord about how I used up all my gathered materials to make the Harpoon Gun Legendary. After jokingly saying if he sent me Dawn i'd be fucked trying to actually make sunrise, in the middle of SAB Tribulation mode, Sharkey mailed me goddamn dawn! THATS CRAZY GENEROUS! Thank you so much man, im slowly working on the materials again.

<3 all you crazy folks. You're all amazing. If anyone ever needs any help with something, hit me up i'm happy to help folks out.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Leandriell wrote: »
    SAB Kitty is probably the hardest to date.. huzzah for finally getting the bizarre kitty.

... FUCK. There's a SAB cat? I may have to actually log back in :|

Is it as annoying as Lady Wisteria Whiskington? I gave up on her because I couldn't be bothered to log in on the right day to get the right Bloodstone food AND do the ENTIRE STORY INSTANCE * AGAIN*.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I just did SAB cat! It's no more annoying than any bit of normal mode SAB 2-2. Some backtracking required but you can do this in Infantile mode to skip the first part of the level.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
This discussion has been closed.