As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's all fight alien invaders (X-Com: UFO Defense Video LP)

12346»

• BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Not dead, my apologies. WoW roped me back in as it has a habit of doing. I do plan to finish this.

Only 3 and a half bars to 70!

Bremen on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    NO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

I hate WoW.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • ParkingtigersParkingtigers Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oo, oo, sign me up as a soldier in the next recruitment phase! Give me a pistol and a primed grenade and send me in the door of the crashed UFO to clear the way for the officers. I'll meatshield like the best of them. Failing that, give me a stun rod and I WILL get you a living specimen for *ahem* examination. Oh yes.

I love this game so hard.

Parkingtigers on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] sig.gif
  • RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    /tumbleweed

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Get a soldier with a lot of TUs and enough bravery to not flip out right off. Give him just primed explosives and name him after me. Run him full tilt into an alien base or ship screaming "blahgahglarbleblarble!" at the top of his lungs blowing up everything in sight and I will be happy.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • VelmeranVelmeran Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Bremen, you are going to get drawn and quartered for starting this thread and then leaving it so quickly for something as terribly lame as WoW. Uninstall that, and get back to playing, NOW!

Velmeran on
    Vechloran.png
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Wow was fun for awhile but then it just got old . Then again there are people who can spend 10+ hours everyday farming rep ,drops anything really and not get bored , I would go insane.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Digger DudeDigger Dude Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Hey Bremen, if this is still happening could you update the OP with me manufacturing laser rifles.

Digger Dude on
  • LorkLork Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Velmeran wrote: »
    Bremen, you are going to get drawn and quartered for starting this thread and then leaving it so quickly for something as terribly lame as WoW. Uninstall that, and get back to playing, NOW!

Lork on
    Steam Profile: Lork
    edited December 2007

Yeah, seriously. Not just for starting it and then leaving, but for getting people involved in it too. :(

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • AchtungBabyAchtungBaby Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Roshin wrote: »

Yeah, seriously. Not just for starting it and then leaving, but for getting people involved in it too. :(

This is what hurts the most :( I didn't get the chance to see getting myself killed!

AchtungBaby on
    Animal Crossing: 2534-9952-2348 Asgard, Hugo

Pokemon Pearl: 2577-9731-8070

Contact - 0043 9563 6121
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    If there's any consolation, I started on Experienced.

I was promptly raped by a battlecruiser after shooting down a scout. D:

IN JANUARY.

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited December 2007
    ok, ok. I'll do an update tomorrow (After the STV fishing tournament!). Be on Vent by 7:00 EST if you want to comment, be warned that I'll probably limit the actual viewing to 3-4 for bandwidth reasons.

Also, Digger, you aren't an engineer yet (I have yet to hire more).

I was really looking forward to seeing the superhuman playthrough, too.

Bremen on
    edited December 2007
    So, this is officially dead now?

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Thanks for getting everyone pumped up for nothing there Bremen. I wanted to die horribly in a hail of plasma fire damnit.

Mr Ray on
    edited December 2007
    I'm will to pick this up, but I need to know what software he was using to do the video capture and what ever it was that was broadcasting (edit: broadcasting the video of the game in real time) to the other announcers? I have fat pipes here in China, so bandwidth shouldn't be too much of an issue unless the great firewall becomes a hater, in which case we just use Hamachi to get around that :P

Velmeran on
    Vechloran.png
  • ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    TeamViewer to give the other players access to your screen.
    Ventrillo for chat and, apparently, video recording.

Good luck. And why not try giving it a superhuman effort this time? :winky: Destruction and utter failure are far more entertaining then success and you'll have a half dozen backseat generals on your side.

Valkun on
    edited December 2007
    Mr Ray wrote: »
    Thanks for getting everyone pumped up for nothing there Bremen. I wanted to die horribly in a hail of plasma fire damnit.

I was on. Just no one else was :p

Also, I was using DosBox's built in video capture and Ventrilo's built in sound capture, then merging the two. This turned out to be pretty annoying to do, so feel free to find a better method.

Bremen on
  • ParkingtigersParkingtigers Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Dammit, this is too good a thing to let die.

Look, I adore Xcom/UFO, but it is one of those games like Civilisation that I have never completed even once. Because, you know, you get to a point where it is just more fun to start over than to keep going. But this thread got me thinking of the game and I fired it up for the first time in ages and oh it sucked me in like you wouldn't believe.

I demand that someone starts this up and carried it through to the end. If not, I'll have to do it myself. I can't offer the screen captures that others can, so I'm only a Plan B, I've got nothing to offer beyond after action reports, but I want to see this happen.

Do it, do it hard. Parkingtigers demands to die as he did last night, gunned down in a hail of plasma defending Brasilia from an alien terror assault.

Parkingtigers on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] sig.gif
  • ChenjesuChenjesu Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I agree that we need to finish this out, even if we up it to Superhuman and get wiped out in two missions.

Bremen, do you think you could upload a save if we can find someone to take over?

Chenjesu on
    edited December 2007
    I've been having issues with getting the video to record, while having someone view the screen and such like he was doing, Vista seems to be a hater on this for now. I could record it with out others commentary, but thats not very exciting. Once my classes get finished next month I'll have a month long vacation (yay Chinese spring festival!) and I can see about getting it all working.

Velmeran on
    Vechloran.png
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    If I could get DosBOX to work properly and emulate X-Com properly, I could do this.

But I can't.

Ah well.

MechMantis on
  • ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This is out on Steam now supercheap.

Also Bremen still sucks.

ben0207 on
  • The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    just let it die and make a new one

The_Lightbringer on