As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Xbox Live] KoToR, Ninja Gaiden Black, Crimson Skies and more coming to Xbox Original BC

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    The only good thing about the UA ports are the DLC characters being added back in. Otherwise they are terrible.

I too am pumped for Bulletstorm, if only because I look forward to setting some good leaderboard scores again, and then having them demolished 4 mins later.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Cool, thanks Donuts.

I would love a Terraria 2 but yeah, playing with a controller was tricky.

It's the best thing they could have done. Maybe we'll even forget it's been in development all this time when it suddenly appears?

Also @Jefe414 are you playing playing Star Trek Online, or just dabbling? If so, are you in a fleet/what fleet/faction?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    I like the remakes/remasters personally. Also, it's nice to see bulletstorm get some love since it was kind of ignored when it first came out, and maybe this gives us a hope for a sequel. And those ultimate alliance games are kind of expensive now, aren't they? At least maybe the second one.

I already own those games, though. (That's why I want them BC)

I'd rather be able to play those copies than have to shell out 20, 40 or even 50 bucks for better looking versions of games I've already own and have played.

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Pretty sure they're up to like...300+ BC titles? (341 if I did this count correctly)

Hmm....suck it, everyone who said they'd lose interest and stop before they hit 200 titles. You know who you are.

I've mentioned in the past thread, but the Major Nelson podcast pointed something interested: the backwards compatibility studio within Microsoft is, literally, the most active publisher in the world today by numbers of titles thanks to their particular mission.

0mcl1jqu5mvz.jpg

The amount of negotiation and deal-making involved is still kind of mind-boggling.

Still waiting on a bunch of SEGA/Sonic games I own: Unleashed, Generations, All-Stars Racing, and Ultimate Genesis Collection. I'd just play them on my 360, had it not died. Now I'm forced to consider getting them for the PS3 my brother-in-law gave us instead.

Metal Gear Rising, Bionic Commando, and Bionic Commando Rearmed would be nice, too.

Still trying to find out if native streaming is allowed for Mega Man 9 and 10.

The fact that King of Fighters XIII hasn't made it yet saddens me--but KOF2002UM getting brought over is promising.

Of course, SNK-Playmore made XIV a console exclusive. For a game whose survival outside the United States is almost entirely dependent on arcades--and is vastly more popular outside the United States--this was kind of like cutting off one's nose to spite one's face. I really hope that same brand of insanity isn't keeping XIII from being adapted.

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    i think both BC and remasters have their place. ideally we'd be able to get both so that those that bought a game the first time around don't need to by an updated version if they don't want. at the very least, making the newer version available for free(or at least discounted) to those that already own the game is always a good move. the Bioshock games on Steam, as well as Bastion, Limbo and Castle Crashers on Xbox all went that route, at least for a limited period.

but ultimately, giving people more choice in how they are able to purchase and play a game is always going to be a winner. and hey, maybe someone will even buy the game twice! hell, less than 30 minutes ago i finished up playing Firewatch on the Xbone, after having played it months ago on PC. and despite owning it twice already it's still on my GOG.com wishlist. i missed out on Sleeping Dogs when it first hit, but after getting it free on 360 and loving it, i bought the remaster on Xbone. it doesn't have to be either/or.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I like the remakes/remasters personally. Also, it's nice to see bulletstorm get some love since it was kind of ignored when it first came out, and maybe this gives us a hope for a sequel. And those ultimate alliance games are kind of expensive now, aren't they? At least maybe the second one.

I already own those games, though. (That's why I want them BC)

I'd rather be able to play those copies than have to shell out 20, 40 or even 50 bucks for better looking versions of games I've already own and have played.

I get that, but then these remasters probably aren't meant for you. It's for people new to the game or hardcore fans of the original that might want to replay it for the achievements or own what "should be" a better version.

Also, there's no reason for us to believe that a game that's been remastered will never become BC. We've got Halo Wars, Bioshock 1 and 2, and Gears of War on the BC list and they all have their own remasters. Hold out for it or keep your old system.

Steam: offday
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Cool, thanks Donuts.

I would love a Terraria 2 but yeah, playing with a controller was tricky.

It's the best thing they could have done. Maybe we'll even forget it's been in development all this time when it suddenly appears?

Also @Jefe414 are you playing playing Star Trek Online, or just dabbling? If so, are you in a fleet/what fleet/faction?

Flying around shooting fools. Of course I'd join a fleet if invited .

I've got two feds (1 temporal), a Klingon and a fed allied romulan. The feds are my highest: 59 and 51.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Speaking of BC, I'm really enjoying AC Rogue. I think I was pretty completely burned out on the series by the time I bought this one, which also made me skip Unity and Syndicate. I like the mashing together of 4's pirate gameplay and Brotherhood's OCD property expansion. I will say it seems undertuned. I'm on sequence 4 or 5 and have about 30 weapons, including several different ways to make people go unconscious or become berserk. The only resource limitation that matters is the materials to make your ship stronger, money and fleet resources are stupid easy to build to silly levels.

Speaking of silly, the Assassins start coming after you like they're stacked in clown cars the moment the twist comes. In one mission, 5 consecutive bushes had assassins lurking in them. I shot each one sequentially with my pistol, which bothered the next in line to be shot not at all.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Speaking of remasters, I really should pick up that one for the first Darksiders. I'd love to play through that again. Just a damn solid notZelda game.

Also is War for Cybertron being remastered? That was some of the most fun multiplayer I've ever played.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Speaking of remasters, I really should pick up that one for the first Darksiders. I'd love to play through that again. Just a damn solid notZelda game.

Also is War for Cybertron being remastered? That was some of the most fun multiplayer I've ever played.

Nice, I didn't even know darksiders got a remaster.

Yeah, that trnasformers multi was fun. I remember playing it on Live with a few PA people.

Nice, I didn't even know darksiders got a remaster.

Yeah, that trnasformers multi was fun. I remember playing it on Live with a few PA people.

think it's called the Warmaster Edition, or something like that anyway. came out a few months back. was surprised when they announced since the second game had already gotten a remaster. didn't think they'd go back and do the first after that.

edited March 2017
    THQnordic is gonna get its monies worth, dammit. Wonder if we'll see a Darksiders 3. (Watch it be a co-op character action game starring Fury and Strife that takes place during Darksiders 1 instead of following up on that badass ending.)

Undead Scottsman on
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I thought the first was better. I felt the second one suffered from the Diablo style loot bloat, it felt totally unnecessary

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • ArkyrisArkyris Registered User regular
    It's worth noting that there have been a few cases where a remastered game also comes out as BC. Castle Crashers was the first, but the BioShock games are there too. It's not common but it happens.

My BC wish list it's still pretty large, but it's been getting filled out very nicely. Vanquish and Dragons Dogma would give me palpitations.

Pit People is on sale, people should try this game. It even has a trial.

I am very excited that this year we're setting some great PC games come across to the console space. Path of Exile, Cities: Sky lines and Aven Colony.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Man, I forgot how awesome the first level of The Force Unleashed is. Can we just have a game about Darth Vader menacingly power walking around and wrecking fools like the badass he is?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    so the once PS4 exclusive Rime now has a release date. it'll hit Xbox One, PC and PS4 on May 26th.

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Literally the only thing keeping me from going full ham on BC is the fact that I have completely filled my 1TB drive and haven't set up my external dock yet.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I just want to play Roy on my Xbox though, down with exclusives!

e6GZds1l.jpg

You beat cancer and went back to work at the carpet store?!

I always take Roy off the grid.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I just want to play Roy on my Xbox though, down with exclusives!

Roy 2 is going multiplatform. Moneyhats, you know?

God Roy help us for the Steam release.

• DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Speaking of BC, I'm really enjoying AC Rogue. I think I was pretty completely burned out on the series by the time I bought this one, which also made me skip Unity and Syndicate. I like the mashing together of 4's pirate gameplay and Brotherhood's OCD property expansion. I will say it seems undertuned. I'm on sequence 4 or 5 and have about 30 weapons, including several different ways to make people go unconscious or become berserk. The only resource limitation that matters is the materials to make your ship stronger, money and fleet resources are stupid easy to build to silly levels.

Speaking of silly, the Assassins start coming after you like they're stacked in clown cars the moment the twist comes. In one mission, 5 consecutive bushes had assassins lurking in them. I shot each one sequentially with my pistol, which bothered the next in line to be shot not at all.

Syndicate is legit good. I hated Unity with the fire of a thousand suns.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I enjoyed Unity, but Syndicate is the superior game in every way. Especially the controls.

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Is unity necessary for any story progression, or can I just stick with skipping to syndicate (note: I enjoy the framing modern day story)

Unity wasn't the worst ever but it wasn't especially good either. The co-op was the best aspect, plus the inside to outside traversal system. It was buggy as hell tho. Syndicate was more fun but a looooot easier than most AC games. They made combat kinda trivial unless you ran into someone higher level than you.

I just want them to do a spiritual successor to AssBro, easily my favorite as far as mechanics, story and combat.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Is unity necessary for any story progression, or can I just stick with skipping to syndicate (note: I enjoy the framing modern day story)

Literally nothing happens with the modern day story in Unity.

Two sentence plot summary:
    You enter the not-Animus to try and track down the final resting place of a sage so Abstergo can't recover the body first.

Turns out the body is completely decomposed and worthless and the entire game was a waste of time.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    The introduction of sages into the lore was a waste of time and they should never have done it. Hated that aspect of AC4, a game I otherwise loved.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I bought a XB1 recently and I have a question. I have a pretty good headset but it's not compatible with XB1. However, I heard there's a workaround using the XBox app on Windows and I wanted to know if that's true and how do I go about using it?

• DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    I bought a XB1 recently and I have a question. I have a pretty good headset but it's not compatible with XB1. However, I heard there's a workaround using the XBox app on Windows and I wanted to know if that's true and how do I go about using it?

I've not heard about it, but it might be referring to how you can join parties with the windows 10 app, so you could join a party and chat with the people in it via your computer. Or you could do the app's Game Streaming to run the whole experience through your computer, but that'll add a delay to the experience (due to sending video and audio over the network taking much longer than via an HDMI cable).

edited March 2017
    Voodoo Vince is coming April 18th for $15 bucks.

April(ish) is becoming stacked with platformers.

EDIT: Seriously,
    Snakepass on March 28th,
    Yooka-Laylee on April 11th
    Voodoo Vince on April 18th

Undead Scottsman on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Alright, I see why STEEP didn't really catch on. It's almost good, but it seems like they don't quite understand why extreme sports games are fun.

The music is not that great. Every skater/snowboard/whatever game always has a kickass soundtrack, because you're doing the same shit over and over, so that soundtrack keeps you entranced. This has decent music, but it's all very generic. Also, whenever you change places or restart a run it resets/fades the music, which doesn't work.

They made the snowboarding more realistic, which isn't inherently bad, but in obnoxious ways, like... I can get my boarder stuck in deep powder on a flat spot and it's a pain to get out again. Also, the game is a little too punishing for when you bust your head on something or try to insert too many rotations into a sweet jump. You don't feel awesome enough doing tricks.

The exploration part of the game seems neat, but it also means sometimes you're stuck trying to bunny hop your board up a mountain to get into range to scout a new drop site. That's not that fun.

And lastly the game is kind of buggy. I've only played a few hours and already gotten stuck on geometry twice.

It's definitely not a bad game, but compared to SSX it just doesn't hold up.

What is this I don't even.
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Also, many of the VA's/characters in STEEP are utterly obnoxious, terrible people.

Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that your character is the most obnoxious of bros (if male), and the atrocious ad placement. Like, pounding a redbull before the start of your first tournament.

I am a snowboarder and I drink redbull, so it's not like I am repulsed by these ideas, but god.

Also the servers crashed for a couple hours this afternoon.

What is this I don't even.
    edited March 2017
    Those are the type of characters that turned me off to Far Cry 3 too.

anoffday on
    Anyone that went to PAX play Sea of Thieves?

Sounds like the popular theory that they'd dump the Cloud Computing stuff for Crackdown 3 got proven false at GDC.

http://cogconnected.com/2017/03/crackdown-3-truly-massive-destructible-world/

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Sounds like the popular theory that they'd dump the Cloud Computing stuff for Crackdown 3 got proven false at GDC.

Sorry, I'll have you know that the finest Internet Experts have told me that "cloud" is just a meaningless marketing buzzword and could never be used for ANYTHING ever. Ever. :P

(Seriously I want someone to write up what they actually did, I'm fascinated. Distributed computing is awesome.)

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    it just sounds like a too good to be true kind of scenario, ill very much believe it when I see it working in a final finished version of crackdown 3

dporowski wrote: »

Sorry, I'll have you know that the finest Internet Experts have told me that "cloud" is just a meaningless marketing buzzword and could never be used for ANYTHING ever. Ever. :P

(Seriously I want someone to write up what they actually did, I'm fascinated. Distributed computing is awesome.)

I'm curious about the BW usage of the game.

Those are the type of characters that turned me off to Far Cry 3 too.

The characters in FC3 are only like that for maybe 5 minutes in a flashback to the beginning of their vacation.

This discussion has been closed.