As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Elder Scrolls Online] It's the 2nd Era, so is this Oblivion 2, or Oblivion -1?

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

I really hope they don't add in another line of skills related to this like we have for the Alliance War. Grinding out Caltrops and Vigor was annoying enough even with double AP gains.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    @Lucid_Seraph Did you get your Carpet in the mail?

haven't logged in yet. Torment: Tides ate me alive for the past three days.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    @Lucid_Seraph Did you send that back to me or did you also fall victim to the curse of what's normally TAKE ALL in every other menu being RETURN TO SENDER in the mail tab

3basnids3lf9.jpg

@Lucid_Seraph Did you send that back to me or did you also fall victim to the curse of what's normally TAKE ALL in every other menu being RETURN TO SENDER in the mail tab

THAT'S what happened >\ Gdi. I thought I hit "Take all" and then the carpet wasn't in my inventory and I freaked out because I thought I had deleted it D:

So yes, i did x_X At least I didn't accidentally DELETE the damn thing.

I'm now in nirnhorned research mode given how often it comes up in master writs. A 4th character finished the Craglorn story line a few nights ago and that's likely the last one who will since the rest are on bank mule duties. Most of these are in the 24 day and 30 day research times so it's going to be a while before I made good progress in it though after I wrap up medium armor light armor will be faster plus the head and shoulders for medium. But 2handed swords are done and research weapons sell for a decent amount (though mostly because the nirncrux required goes for so much) so I can eventually recoup what I spend on research pieces/materials.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    does this game take cyrillic characters

because I think my Warden needs to be Мoдный Орк.

• GrebnuGrebnu Registered User regular
    There is Russians/others speaking in cyrillic in the chat sometimes.

I guess the other problem would be if I used that name, then they would assume that I speak Russian, which I don't.

(The name means "Fashionable Orc")

edited March 2017
    Sorry for the double post

I just found this:

http://roguesfolio.tumblr.com/Guide

It's an in-universe guide to thievery and pickpocketing and it's actually super fantastic? It's really well done. Contains information on all lockbox spawn points and other useful stuff, but it's done like an actual Guild guide.

*edit* To be clear, it gives actual hard game information, like how much Legerdemain EXP you get from various tasks, and so on. It's fairly comprehensive.

There's also this post:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/166224/rogues-folio-thieves-maps-all-cities-thievery-guide-updated-1-14-16/p1

Which has the maps.

Lucid_Seraph on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    That is legitimate as hell. Good find.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • GrebnuGrebnu Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've had that bookmarked for a long time now. Really neat work.

I really need to get back to game, but BotW and WoT are taking my time again... Still login daily and fish for about 10 minutes minimum. Wrothgar is so pretty a zone, I just love it.

I can't wait for Morrowind, they've improved in zone design so much. And the originals weren't bad either.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I'm playing a heavy armored, 2h-sword nightblade assassin.

This works way better than it has any right to.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Just leveled a new dual wield shadow Nightblade up to level ~7. Alts are 10x better on ESO than any other game imo.

oHw5R0V.jpg
    I'm playing a heavy armored, 2h-sword nightblade assassin.

This works way better than it has any right to.

That's the pretty much one of the meta builds for pvp right now. NBs are not reliant on the slow 2hander spammable skills the way DKs or Sorcerers are so it's much more responsive in a NB's hands.

Steam Profile
    Alas, I never PvP, so that aspect will be lost on me.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Alas, I never PvP, so that aspect will be lost on me.

Yet your hunger for the blood and anguish of others manages to shine through via instinctively mimicking a pvp build regardless. Remarkable.

Steam Profile
    WFmMLHC.png

I don't need a face to be cute.

With a not-face like that, you can call yourself anything you'd like and I will absolutely agree.

9KmX8eN.jpg
    You're gonna find the hell out of those Hobbits

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    So I just got this (the cheaper version on steam), should I have sprung for the gold edition for the DLC? Is there a way to upgrade after the fact (I couldn't see any).
    Suppose that's what I get for late night impulse buying.

PSN: jfrofl
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    So I just got this (the cheaper version on steam), should I have sprung for the gold edition for the DLC? Is there a way to upgrade after the fact (I couldn't see any).

If you subscribe for even 1 month you gain access to all the DLC until the sub runs out. When you feel like experiencing it, you could sub and do it all in a month or two.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky

Yeah you can upgrade later if you want. Or you can pick and choose and just buy the DLC packs you want. Or you can do as UncleSporky says and just sub and play all the DLCs for a month (or more).

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~

The base game can keep you busy for a LOOOONG time, so while I would personally say that the Gold Edition is worth it, it doesn't hurt to buy the cheaper version to make sure it's worth it to YOU

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    So every month you subscribe for $15, you also get $15 worth of Crowns. During the duration of your subscription you have access to all the dlc. What you can do is play the dlc, see if theres one you really like and want to continue to play past the month subscription, you can use the crowns to buy that one.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    But then how would you use the crowns to play pretty princess dress up? :o

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    edited March 2017
    Teso is really pretty good.

Although their engine is a dog's breakfast that can't handle collision. Just try to leap off a balcony and behold the jank.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • mccartmccart Registered User regular
    I hope they can make jumping work better sometime, if I haven't played in a while and get back on it drives me a little insane. Even just a little air control would go a long way.

Unfortunately, physics stuff like that is usually REALLLLY deep in the engine.

They prototyped it with the Hero Engine, the same engine that SW: tOR is built on. It's pretty unclear how much of the game still uses the HeroEngine, but anybody who's played SW:tOR prooobably recognizes the janky jumping and other physics issues from that engine, so I think object collision is still from that old piece of garbage.

With that said, given how big Morrowind looks, it's POSSIBLE that someone may be tinkering with the deep guts of the game engine... but I kinda doubt it. There comes a point in MMO development when the really deep guts that governs really underlying basic things like physics and how characters load in and such becomes a mysterious black box that no one is entirely sure how it works anymore. You get a big enough thing with enough moving parts and enough people working on it that lasts a long enough time in an industry with as much turnover as videogames and you tend to get monstrous badly-commented spaghetti code.

Been slowly building up my place and the inside is pretty plain compared to the outside. Here I've decided to make an outside cooking/dining area

i2t5yai1azvd.jpg

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Just hit level 22 on my 2 hand dragon knight. Got my free closet space home a few days ago. Can't do much about it, as I have garnered a mere 10,000 gold.

Luckily a friend gave me a horse, so there's that.

oHw5R0V.jpg
    Next festival has officially been announced: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/03/21/celebrate-the-jesters-festival
    The Jester's Festival kicks off on March 23, at 10:00am EDT. If you'd like to show off your zany side, you can travel to the pavilions that have been set up just outside the cities of Ebonheart, Vulkhel Guard, and Daggerfall. At each location, you will find one of three Jesters in extremely convincing dress up as either King Jorunn, Queen Ayrenn, or King Emeric. Talk to each Jester to receive a uniquely mischievous task once per day for the duration of the festival.

Of course, we do not expect you to take on these epic labors from the goofiness of your own heart. When you complete a daily task for one of the Jesters, you will receive a Jester's Festival Box that can provide some seriously silly rewards, including:

A new hat – The Crown of Misrule
    A host of fun new consumables
    Unique Jester's Festival mementos:
    Cherry Blossom Branch
    The Pie of Misrule
    New Jester's Festival Housing items:
    Jester's Large and Small Trees
    Jester's Standard
    There are also hosts of new Achievements you can earn throughout the duration of the event, including one that grants the completely legitimate title of Royal Jester!

For those that want to see the new holiday hat:

http://eso.mmo-fashion.com/crown-of-misrule-2/

Steam Profile
    Wait, the Cherry Blossom Branch is a memento, not a housing item!?

How will I make my house sufficiently anime now :(

Wait, the Cherry Blossom Branch is a memento, not a housing item!?

How will I make my house sufficiently anime now :(

There already are cherry blossom trees you can buy for your house. The memento is to take you sufficiently anime.

Steam Profile
    @Lucid_Seraph You can buy cherry blossoms at the normal home good furnisher in Skywatch. They range from 8k-15k.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

JESTER FESTIVAL IS LIVE!

And I'm going to buy the Jester personality just to use while I'm a Skeleton

3basnids3lf9.jpg

what am I supposed to do with all these jester banners

what am I supposed to do with all these jester banners

Craft a fireplace and pile them on top comedically

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Tamriel Foundry's lack of a search function for their forums is giving me an aneurysm again

Can somebody link me a good build for a Sorctank

esp a sorctank who uses sword n board and tanks mostly by using Shield Charge (or the 2h charge) to headbutt people while also electrocuting them

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I've been having a good time just questing some more on my main recently...now that I feel a little more motivation with the double XP.

I really doubt I'll be able to finish all the zones without hitting max CP (not sure if that was ever their goal anyway though). I'm at about 290 now and still only partway through my original faction. Basically I've completed Khenarthi's Roost, Auridon, Grahtwood, Greenshade, Coldharbour, Hew's Bane, Wrothgar, and part of Gold Coast and Malabal Tor. Haven't done extensive grinding or dungeon content either. I dunno, depends if the XP requirement is still going up on a slow exponential or not.

Even without double XP, would someone have been able to do all zones without maxing out in the past?

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    edited March 2017
    I've been having a good time just questing some more on my main recently...now that I feel a little more motivation with the double XP.

I really doubt I'll be able to finish all the zones without hitting max CP (not sure if that was ever their goal anyway though). I'm at about 290 now and still only partway through my original faction. Basically I've completed Khenarthi's Roost, Auridon, Grahtwood, Greenshade, Coldharbour, Hew's Bane, Wrothgar, and part of Gold Coast and Malabal Tor. Haven't done extensive grinding or dungeon content either. I dunno, depends if the XP requirement is still going up on a slow exponential or not.

Even without double XP, would someone have been able to do all zones without maxing out in the past?

I'm pretty sure the original POINT of Caldwell's Silver and Gold before One Tamriel was to let players get to max without getting bored grinding the same dungeons or monsters over and over.

Lucid_Seraph on