As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Open Recruitment] Dungeon World: Seeking Delvers of the Menank

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    Cowardly bumbling charlatan who also happens to be real good at defending his friends.

Honestly that was a blast, thank you all for coming out tonight and rolling some dice.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Zephyr Quinn is a cowardly bumbling charlatan and also perhaps the greatest bowmen to ever live?

He has a certain Jack Sparrow-esque quality that is delightful to play off of.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited March 2017
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    I think Thrognar is going to need to invest in a shield.

Once he, you know, actually completes a paying job.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Ok, Thrognar has been updated.

I wasn't going to go the spellcasting route, but with recent events it seems like it could get interesting.

Besides, now I always have Light so I don't have to worry about what I can and can't see when I bumble into a new room. Of course, it's going to be flailing wildly around the room, like a nighttime foot chase on COPS, since it'll be my axe that's lit up.

OptimusZed on

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    AllyxiaAllyxia Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to put together an evil elf wizard for the next time I get picked. Rona's feeling pretty shamed so she is going to meditate and practice with her archery again.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Yeah for sure feel free to make your own mini roster of folks. Good to have some adaptability in there. Also you folks are real good at making all your characters fun and different so thanks for that. Helps make stuff interesting!

• Options
    Allyxia wrote: »
    I think I'm going to put together an evil elf wizard for the next time I get picked. Rona's feeling pretty shamed so she is going to meditate and practice with her archery again.

OR

Rona is so disillusioned after this adventure, both due to her own performance and Zephyr turning out to be... whatever Zephyr is, that she foreswears life as a ranger and takes up the study of the dark arts. Laing goes to live with the druid.

• Options
    Could even go inquisitorial about it.

Clearly Zephyr is using some kind of sorcery to do what he does. Nothing else can explain it.

She studies magicks most foul in her obsession to get to the dark heart of one Zephyr Quinn, chasing an impossible dream, utterly sure of the correctness (necessity even!) of her path all the while.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Evil elf witch will create illusions while Rona's illusions will shatter.

EDIT: Also, I really need my cinnamon/sinnamon roll fix.

Allyxia on
  • Options
    Oh, hey. Speaking of Wizards.

How would you like Evil Elf Wizard Person to be the one Thrognar consults about the book thingy?

• Options
    Yeeeeeeees.

Also, I have like dialogue picked out already for Sense Evil shenanigans with either him or Renne

• Options
    I forgot that Zephyr murdered a clayman by throwing another clayman at it.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    What even is this place? There's a lot of weird shit in it.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Welcome to the dumpster fire of my brain

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    What even is this place? There's a lot of weird shit in it.

Roll plus wis for discern fantasies.

• Options
    Not to create competition fit myself/Thrognar (which my phone will now autocorrect to, btw), but RSVP for session 5 is up.

• Options
    Also since our other DMs are free to run sessions this week, this will be a one session week. May do 1-2-1-2 etc

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Hey! I am our only morally questionable magic user here! Quit treading on my turf! :biggrin:

• Options
    Now now, there's enough irresponsibility and amorality to share.

20081015.gif

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Also it's probably more like potential for sweet rituals?

Allyxia on
  • Options
    Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

• Options
    If by 'it' you mean the party's hostages watch images of their organs do unnatural things before their eyes then magic 8 ball says yes.

• Options
    Kids these days have horrible rituals.
    Back in my day we would summon up elder gods from beyond our own reality.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    The eight giant statues room is absolutely begging for a ritual.
    Also, clockotrice fight room is dope. There's a mural and mirrors and purifying column of light where the father fell.

• Options
    NeoToma wrote: »
    The eight giant statues room is absolutely begging for a ritual.
    Also, clockotrice fight room is dope. There's a mural and mirrors and purifying column of light where the father fell.

This phrase is rife for misinterpretation

• Options
    Choosing cast for next session v soon. Will update when I do

• Options
    Hear ye, hear ye! The roster for this next session has been chosen!

DMing will be lovingly provided by Andrew, slayer of men, deceiver of devils, and scourge of nonbelievers

Party:
    Truthpuncher
    Pdunbarunc
    Tyberiuslee
    TheRoadVirus
    SutibunRi
    Aistan

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Summaries and flags for the players for the next session:

Thrognar – Paladin – Good (Endanger yourself to protect someone weaker than you.)
    • Headstrong: Tell me how stupid the thing I'm planning is, so I can do it anyway and prove you right.
    • Conflicted: Ask me to honor my oaths as a healer when there are monsters to smash, so that I have to choose.
    • Vanguard: Move to beat me into a new room or dangerous situation, so that I can race you.

Tuckwin – Cleric – Good (Endanger yourself to heal another.)
    • Zealous: Convince me to let a water tainter live.
    • Dogmatic: Show me sometimes that it is better to break with tradition.
    • Protector: Get into foolish danger so that I may save you.

Zephyr Quinn – Ranger – Chaotic (Free someone from literal or figurative bonds.)
    Animal companions: Castille the Rook and Simone the Raven.
    • Leader: Allow me to make a decision so you can criticize it.
    • Scoundrel: Present me with the opportunity to put my penchant for taking things above the well-being of the group.

Ashe – Bard – Good (Perform your art to aid someone else.)
    • Self-Conscious: Give me a chance to play my music so that you can judge it later.
    • Young, Scrappy, and Hungry: Convince me to partake in a dangerous plan under promise of fame and possible riches.

Dra’alde – Wizard – Neutral (Discover something about a magical mystery.)
    • One Track Mind: Try to convince me magic isn’t the best solution to the problem at hand.
    • Reckless Planning: Go along with a dangerous magic reliant plan I cooked up despite your better judgment, then point out the obvious plans we didn’t take into account.

Renne – Paladin – Good (Endanger yourself to protect someone weaker than you.) (I hope you feel better soon Aistan!)
    • Defender: Present me with a solution that puts me in danger in order to help someone else.
    • By The Book: Tempt me with a solution to a problem that breaks the law in order to test my resolve.

Please correct me if something for a character needs to be updated or if I missed something.

Allyxia on
  • Options
    We're bringing Thrognar, so you know we're gonna get stuff done.

More importantly, we've got both Paladins that are oathed to clobber Halcyon. So we should probably go do that. Someone should grab the key from that geriatric cleric that took it last time.

• Options
    Also if'n any of y'all wanna buy stuff in town, now is probably a decent time to go shopping.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Oats wrote: »
    Also if'n any of y'all wanna buy stuff in town, now is probably a decent time to go shopping.

I'd like to buy one new character, living, please.
    The only session being on Friday this week really made me lackadaisical about putting together a new character.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Geth, roll 1d6 * 10 for starting coins

starting coins:
    1d6 5 [1d6=5]

• Options
    DA, your new character bet 50 coins that Forrest would get murdered by needles.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    First detail of new character: They are a jerk.

Alright, I can work with this.

Edit: Breaking News: Gambler Wizard returns disappointing GIS results thus far.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    First detail of new character: They are a jerk.

Alright, I can work with this.

Edit: Breaking News: Gambler Wizard returns disappointing GIS results thus far.
    10004188_449333245256806_568801995_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTE1OTIyNjQ0MDA2OTIwMzM4MA%3D%3D.2

• Options
    I would be sad about more wizards in the guild, but I decided I'm just going to rope all of you into rituals.
    Please ignore the fact Dra'aldes robes turn into standard cultists robes but with strange light reflection during rituals. I promise, it's normal, the robes just like when Dra'alde looks the part for whatever he's doing. (God I hope he never has to try to seduce someone, I'm picturing a Hugh Hefner bathrobe and slippers.)

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Until Halcyon dies or she breaks her vow of hospitality Renne is free from sleep, thirst, and hunger so you all can do what you want re: the food situation on long journeys.

• Options
    I'm bringing Ashe on whatever we do. She's gonna end up writing debriefs in rhyme, as bards do

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Gonna be honest I choose halcyon last time so we could finish it and the guild would be freed up to do profitable missions. Also if we leave the Menank I'll be able to use my Undertake a Perilous Journey skills!