As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Billion Degrees of [Science]

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    So with the smart condom/cockring/whatever, is this gonna end with people asking for their fuck metrics before they consider dating?

Will someone do this? Almost assuredly. Will it become a widespread phenomenon? Probably not.

If it catches on, it will likely be considered a pretty shallow thing to actually care about. Like, you might know what your partner's cock velocity is, because that's just a piece of data that people sometimes know, but it will be the same sort of thing as knowing how (sch)long someone's dick is. That said, there are people who care about that today, and I can absolutely see people wanting proof that they will be getting a "good fuck" before they get involved with someone.

Which of course presupposes that length multiplied by girth multiplied by velocity multiplied by time equals a good fuck, which I'm pretty sure we all know is a phallucy, but people got their preferences.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I'm sorry but I only date people with a cock differential of .75 to 3.5

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Can't wait for people to post their fuck profile pages here to get feedback and criticism.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    need to know both ur Klout score + ur Kock score before im dtf, sorry boys

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I can't wait for people to start messing with their statistics by putting it on, like, a paint shaker for six hours

"wow you thrust 500 times a second but you only go about 1/8th of an inch? I gotta know what that's like."

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    Can't wait for people to post their fuck profile pages here to get feedback and criticism.

I think I might still be a bit too self conscious for this one (yes, even I have limits) but if everyone else is doing it and I fit within a fairly standard deviation, yeah, I'd probably do that.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular

Is that measured in the standard form or the Lorentz invariant form?

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I read all of this, scratch my head, and just think to myself in a Dave Attenborough voice, "In the year 2017, the courtship dance of the human male is a peculiar thing..."

• Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

also, are we talking metric or imperial here?

just asking for a friend because the conversion app will sometimes dock you a percentile or two.

or so I have been told.

scherbchen on
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    scherbchen wrote: »

also, are we talking metric or imperial here?

just asking for a friend because the conversion app will sometimes dock you a percentile or two.

or so I have been told.

I've always wondered how many pound-feet my thrusts are...
    I have not ever wondered this.
    But now I kinda do wonder

• Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    If any of you were looking for a baby book what teaches your wee ones particle physics
    http://www.symmetrymagazine.org/article/the-abcs-of-particle-physics

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Techo-warlock creates a salt circle to trap autonomous cars:

https://creators.vice.com/en_us/article/meet-the-artist-using-ritual-magic-to-trap-self-driving-cars

• Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I read all of this, scratch my head, and just think to myself in a Dave Attenborough voice, "In the year 2017, the courtship dance of the human male is a peculiar thing..."

same

sig.png
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    “I Said Yes Immediately”

Stephen Hawking, the world’s most renowned physicist and cosmologist, stated today that he is, in fact, heading to space—and it’s happening all thanks to the Virgin group (and a bit of modern technology).

In a statement back in 2015, Sir Richard Branson, founder of the Virgin group, said that, one day, he hoped to be able to carry Hawking to the stars. In the statement, Branson noted that this offer came as a result of the great respect and admiration that he has for Hawking:

Professor Stephen Hawking is one of the people I admire most in the world, an undisputed genius who has opened our eyes to the wonders of the universe, while also happening to be a kind and delightful man. He is the only person I have given a free ticket with Virgin Galactic, and he is signed up to fly as a Future Astronaut with us if his health permits it.

At 75 years of age, Hawking won’t be the oldest astronaut ever (that designation belongs to John Glenn, who went to space at the age of 77), but he will be the first person to go to space with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)—also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease. ALS is a motor-neuron disease that generally leads to death within five years of the initial diagnosis. Hawking’s condition was first diagnosed when he was 21, and he was not expected to see his 25th birthday.

https://futurism.com/stephen-hawking-is-going-to-outer-space/

• Options
    Hawking is one of the most respected and dignified people I can think of but he turns into such a little kid when he's gets to be weightless.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    That RULES. I wonder if we can get the science museum to build one for Summer Reading.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    also and/or hopefully youtube ghost videos will never be the same.

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/24/scientists-hunt-extinct-tasmanian-tiger-sightings-australia/

Biologists are hunting the extinct Tasmanian Tiger after credible sightings in Queensland.

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Good luck to them, but it'll probably turn out to be another ivory-billed woodpecker situation where people really, really wanted to believe that they had seen it but nothing held up in the end despite a lot of searching.

If they are still alive somehow though I'd worry about how inbred the population must be, if it's been small enough to avoid major detection all this time.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Yeah, they already had a pretty weird jaw. If they bred themselves into a Habsburg situation, that could get really unpleasant.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Oh shit I gotta go post on my cryptid forum!

Haha, just kidding, I don't post on a cryptid forum.

Anymore.

Not since the Jersey Devil Incident.

• Options

Anymore.

Listen my man, that wasn't your fault.

Nobody can resist giving that bulbous-headed little hellspawn a noogie.

Your only mistake was trying to take a selfie instead of letting someone else steady the shot.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »

Anymore.

Listen my man, that wasn't your fault.

Nobody can resist giving that bulbous-headed little hellspawn a noogie.

Your only mistake was trying to take a selfie instead of letting someone else steady the shot.

And then that jerk OgopogoStick just HAD to chime in!

• Options
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
  • Options
    that's a butt

eventually

yes

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    cloaca, technically.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    gotta get your blastula on first tho

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    SpaceX are making their first attempt at re-landing a launcher, launch window opens in about 10-15min and you can watch along below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsZSXav4wI8

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    They're going to attempt fairing recovery on this flight, as well. That's a big deal not only because those are several million dollars, but also because they're a major bottleneck during construction. Each half is essentially a carbon fiber racing yacht hull, and they take a long time (weeks, I believe) to cure in large autoclaves. They'll steer them back to Earth and try to capture them using helicopter skyhooks.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Wow these people are super fucking happy right now!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Wonder if I could have seen that if I went outside or if they're too far. They're still based in the Antelope Valley area aren't they?

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

They're showing the empty landing pad, the satellite image cuts out for 30 seconds, then cuts back in and the rocket is on the landing pad. It's like the best magic trick ever.

• Options
    ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

They're showing the empty landing pad, the satellite image cuts out for 30 seconds, then cuts back in and the rocket is on the landing pad. It's like the best magic trick ever.

The cutoff was the satellite connection rather than the camera itself, so with luck the actual footage of the landing itself will be available soon.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    i love how the names of SpaceX's automated drone boats are like they're straight from Iain Bank's Culture novels.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    PhantPhant Registered User regular
    i love how the names of SpaceX's automated drone boats are like they're straight from Iain Bank's Culture novels.

They are.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Phant wrote: »

They are.

oh shit you're right. ok, doubly cool.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
This discussion has been closed.