As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The newer action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Schide wrote: »
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Cool haul.

With regards to MP Star Staber, what are the joint upgrades specifically?

If there's something that can improve the elbows I'd really like to know Especially if it comes with new screws. So far I've wedged a couple in there but it's not permanent and they'll likely fall out eventually.

It's this kit http://www.capturedprey.com/store/kfc_toys_kp17

You can get it for like $20 shipped from Ebay. It doesn't come with replacement screws unfortunately, but it will definitely improve the elbows. It has replacement joints for the knees, waist, both elbow joints and the shoulders.
    That sucks about the screws. I'm worried if I try to use this upgrade I'll completely wear down what's left of the screw heads on the elbow joints. I already had to sacrifice a screw from crappy toy I never use, so I'd hate to do it again to something I actually like.

I think I will eventually get this though, just not right now, as I'm trying squeeze out enough money for my current pre-orders in March and April. so I guess I'll just keep this upgrade bookmarked for now.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Well I found a dude on ebay with Triggerhappy and Twinferno in stock for retail plus shipping so I said fuck it, might as well

And then I saw they just revealed TR Slugslinger and Misfire using the Triggerhappy mold, so that's pretty cool, though Triggerhappy still looks the best I think

Also came across the TRU exclusive ML Groot, with potted plant Groot, GotG2 baby Groot, and GotG BAF Groot (w/ smiling face), so I picked that up

Also the TRU had the Zelda BotW Guardian amiibo which is pretty darn rad

Finally, even though I have Hexatron, TR Sixshot is still really fun for being a bit more posable G1 style, and call it heresy but I like being able to hide the chest fins in robot mode

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Congrats on snagging a Triggerhappy for retail. Yeah I can't wait for Slugslinger since he was my only Targetmaster I had as a kid. I just realized today that I won't be able to get all the Insecticons since I missed Shrapnel already. So just going to not get Kickback since I already have Bombshell and he was my only Insecticon as a kid anyways. Plus I really need to save room for my more wanted Transformers on the shelves.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    Ugh, why can't we have a first-party Hot Rod that isn't all arms.

8aVThp6.png
  • 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    Having gotten a Triggerhappy in hand, I reiterate:

- Why isn't this the Cyclonus they released instead of the Combiner Wars version?
    - Why isn't this the Pharma they released instead of the Nothing Ever version?

8aVThp6.png
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure Pharma is way too low on the list of TFs to make. That would maybe be TFCC / Botcon exclusive fodder which is RIP for now

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    If they can do a Jhiaxus remold at retail, they can give me a white and red Triggerhappy.

8aVThp6.png
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    I just watched a video review of Triggerhappy and it does look really cool for a recent deluxe.

If I see one in store I might just get it

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, hasbrotoyshop has a code for 15% off SPRING17 and free shipping for orders over $49. Earlier they had TR wave 3 in Stock so check if there's something you might want.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, hasbrotoyshop has a code for 15% off SPRING17 and free shipping for orders over $49. Earlier they had TR wave 3 in Stock so check if there's something you might want.

Hrm, they have Six-Shot in stock too.

Well of fucking course now HTS has Triggerhappy and more in stock with a discount and free shipping after I bought that stuff on ebay

I could've saved like $20

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    Well of fucking course now HTS has Triggerhappy and more in stock with a discount and free shipping after I bought that stuff on ebay

That's always the case... I broke down a long time ago and bought the Resistance Rey from Amazon after using a free gift card since it was cheaper than eBay but still way more than retail. Then right after that I found her at a Walgreens for $1.99! Of course I bought her, but I've now seen her even at Targets and Toys R Us after...

Man, HTS even sold out of their Six Shots. Now I have to hope I find one in the wild.

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited March 2017
    Bought Triggerhappy at Target (Aus) today. There were plenty in stock so I picked out the one with the best paint.

ZjXE3AR.jpg?1

It's a pretty neat figure, but huge gun barrel on the right arm doesn't want to stay locked in place in jet mode. It's not too noticeable but it is annoying. Speaking of annoying, would it kill Hasbro is put a drop of paint on the titan master's face? Leaving the whole head and face unpainted strips it of any character and makes the molded detail pointless. Also, this seat gimmick on the weapons is dumb as fuck. It leaves a huge gap on the two guns that has me wondering how the weapons are supposed to work at all if they were real. I know Hasbro likes to make their shit hollow, but this is going overboard.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Betsuni wrote: »

That's always the case... I broke down a long time ago and bought the Resistance Rey from Amazon after using a free gift card since it was cheaper than eBay but still way more than retail. Then right after that I found her at a Walgreens for $1.99! Of course I bought her, but I've now seen her even at Targets and Toys R Us after...

Man, HTS even sold out of their Six Shots. Now I have to hope I find one in the wild.

He's showing up as available on Amazon for me, granted, it's anywhere from $5-$10 above MSRP right now.

Yeah I'm just going to wait for retail or in person.

The seat weapons have to be the most annoying thing of the TR line. Well that and the odd decisions on who becomes a headmaster and who just becomes a head (Apeface).

oosik_betsuni.png
    Are there any third party companies that make better guns for Transformers?

These guns that came with Triggerhappy are just hollow pieces of crap

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Speaking of annoying, would it kill Hasbro is put a drop of paint on the titan master's face? Leaving the whole head and face unpainted strips it of any character and makes the molded detail pointless.

I'm disappointed by this, too. The first wave had paint apps on the headmasters. Hyperfire (Blurr) has a painted face, arms, and legs. Furos (Hardhead) has painted eyes and face. But by the time wave 2 came around, you've got Stylor (Chromedome) with nothing.

• WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Speaking of annoying, would it kill Hasbro is put a drop of paint on the titan master's face? Leaving the whole head and face unpainted strips it of any character and makes the molded detail pointless.

I'm disappointed by this, too. The first wave had paint apps on the headmasters. Hyperfire (Blurr) has a painted face, arms, and legs. Furos (Hardhead) has painted eyes and face. But by the time wave 2 came around, you've got Stylor (Chromedome) with nothing.

i had to take them out to see what you guys were talking about since i never really look at the headmasters, but yeah even the tiny amount of paint on hyperfire is way better than stylor.

Yeah Hasbro is a bit lacking on the paint. The Takara versions all seem to be painted pretty well

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    Listening to wtf@tfw and they were talking about that old show adventures of t rex.got me thinking about how disappointed I am that Darkwing Duck will never get any additional stuff. I really want a quackerjack figure but it will never happen.

Yeah Hasbro is a bit lacking on the paint. The Takara versions all seem to be painted pretty well

Speaking of that has anyone got the newer Hasbro Chromedome with the Takara head?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Wow, the order I placed at HTS on thursday got here already. Not bad.

Galvatron isn't that bad. The head gimmick is that bad, but the rest of him is pretty good.

Galvatron isn't that bad. The head gimmick is that bad, but the rest of him is pretty good.

Just keep on rubbing it in :*****(

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    I actually wasn't aware that Breakaway was a recolor of Chromedome so that was mildly disappointing,

Just keep on rubbing it in :*****(

Then today I went into Target and they had a full wave 3 plus another mostly full wave.

• Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Picked up NECA Vasquez, WoN Peppy, and a few amiibos at TRU today. They had these really cool Micromachine-esque WoN Windwaker sets too, but I decided to go with the NECA figure instead. It's my first NECA for the Aliens line (I'm more into import stuff like Figuarts, Robot Damashii, Acid Rain etc) and I'm really impressed with the quality. I would have preferred a traditional Xenomorph for my first figure, but all they had was the Albino alien and I didn't want to start off with a concept art piece:
    H7TGgqw.png

Also here's a shot of some of my Acid Rain figures, since I just discovered this thread and felt like sharing:
    aF22A7s.jpg

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Maybe it's because I have the WW Link Nendoroid right here on my desk for comparison, but I was at Target yesterday and saw the World of Nintendo WW Link and it looks like it, uh, has special needs.

Delzhand on
    @Handsome Costanza I have the grid alien and Celtic predator from the NECA AVP line. Toys r us must've been clearing out really old stock or something a few months ago so I got them on sale. I like both of them but I don't know if they are indicative of all the lines.

My biggest issue is the "disc" Celtic gets can't go anywhere if he isn't using it. Same with the spear since it doesn't telescope. The knife had a sheath so it can be put away.

I kinda want the joker alien set. But I think I want it just for the novelty not because I actually want it.

Ordered Planet X Apocalypse.

I mean, I knew it was going to happen, because WfC/FoC > not WfC/FoC, but I still feel kind of sticker shocked.

I really should do some selling to offset it, but eBaying things is teeeeedious.

8aVThp6.png
    Another thing about Triggerhappy: Why did they give him hand weapons? He already has the best weapons ever attached to his forearms. Just flip one of those suckers back down, and boom, you're done.

8aVThp6.png
    143999 wrote: »
    Ordered Planet X Apocalypse.

I mean, I knew it was going to happen, because WfC/FoC > not WfC/FoC, but I still feel kind of sticker shocked.

I really should do some selling to offset it, but eBaying things is teeeeedious.

That's basically the 3rd party figure that keeps making me consider getting 3rd party stuff.

Spoilers for.my own thoughts regarding 3p that I don't want to derail the thread with
    I don't fault anyone for getting 3p stuff. For me it is a hang up that I feel the 3p should get the license to do whatever it is they are trying to do. The analogy in my head is if someone created "skycraft" in the SC2 editor which basically amounted to the same exact game with some changes (unit here, different skin there) and tried to sell it there'd be a problem. I get there isn't some moral high ground or anything, however it feels different than if say it was a custom made wfc Trypticon instead of a company making it. It's a level of "I'm going to mass produced your stuff without your permission" that gets me I think. I can't really articulate it that well.

It's silly but something that I can't shake.

• Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I also collect a lot of Japanese robot stuff, preferably Gundam. Here's my most recent Robot Damashii purchase:

L4BgPjK.jpg

And here's a member of the White Dingo squadron preparing for launch:

sV0FQck.jpg

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
    apparently transformers are out there. my wife was in target the other day and found a triggerhappy and twinferno for me. apparently hot rod was there as well, but the hell with that

apparently transformers are out there. my wife was in target the other day and found a triggerhappy and twinferno for me. apparently hot rod was there as well, but the hell with that

Awesome not only did you get them, but your wife got them for you. Talk about two awesomes.

oosik_betsuni.png

Awesome not only did you get them, but your wife got them for you. Talk about two awesomes.

yeah she's really awesome

edited March 2017
    Just opened triggerhappy. I haven't really messed with him but as soon as I got him out of the package I fell in love because he just looks like a monster with all those guns

I like the eyes, I like the paint on the faceplate, he has gun for hands, he has guns for use in his hands, haven't even gotten to alt mode

Edit: anyone know if there are any good add-on kits for the takara combiner ears combaticons?

WingedWeasel on
    Just found Triggerhappy in the wild with Powermaster Optimus and a peg full of Hot Rods.

Somewhat tempted on Optimus but passed.

If you want a leader Optimus I'd wait for the exclusive set that includes a version that's closer to the Takara release.

I passed on an Optimus I saw on Friday as well but I may pick him up. As a kid I had powermaster but didn't KNOW it was powermaster and kept wondering why my g1 cartoon looked different so I am having nostalgia cravings

So about triggerhappy, but one of the things I like most about him is his crotch. I have him side by side with combiner ears vortex and vortex's hips on down are a problem whereas triggerhappy does it right.

As time wears on I am more and more disappointed with the combiner ears combaticons. I love the onslaught, I am mostly happy with brawl, the upper half of vortex and blast off's head are cool. Swindle is a disaster and blast off's chest alongside vortex's waist down leave much time be desired. To this day I still haven't combined them because I like the team as individuals but I may just combine them

I'm assuming you mean Combiner Wars not ears? If so, I love the Combaticons combined more than they are individually. But the Onslaught is a really good version either way (and I still can't believe it is Hot Spot).

So I got my Inferno the other day and just took him out of the package. So far I am amazed at the detail in vehicle mode and have yet to transform him.

Did anybody see the video for the new MP Megatron? I sorta want him now even though he is my least favorite Decepticon.

oosik_betsuni.png
    I'm assuming you mean Combiner Wars not ears? If so, I love the Combaticons combined more than they are individually. But the Onslaught is a really good version either way (and I still can't believe it is Hot Spot).

lol yea combiner wars, i dunno how auto correct did that. maybe ill just buy a 2nd onslaught to keep individual

This discussion has been closed.