As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Trump Cabinet] thread

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Zero.

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-13/tillerson-used-alias-email-for-climate-messages-n-y-says

Tillerson used a fake email while at Exxon which Exxon failed to disclose to federal authorities.

You know everytime someone on trump's team has a worse email scandal I lose a few minutes from my life because of the blood pressure.

You can be pretty certain that any wild accusations they field is probably projection, because they're the ones actually doing it. Kinda makes me scared what the 'pizzagate' fake shit is supposed to make look smaller..

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Pizzaghazi was literal fake news that the uninformed tied into the Clinton Body Count. Anybody in any real authority who glommed onto it were likely doing it out of muscle memory than any nefarious reason.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Pizzaghazi was literal fake news that the uninformed tied into the Clinton Body Count. Anybody in any real authority who glommed onto it were likely doing it out of muscle memory than any nefarious reason.

Nope, parroting shit without fact-checking it first simply because it fits your narrative, when you are a public official, is nefarious.

• AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    Maddow just tweeted that they have Trumps tax returns but I have no idea what thread it should go in!?

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Rachel please, I can't be hurt again...

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I likewise posted that in the Russia thread cause if it ends up being the real deal, get ready for a Twitter storm of him trying to claim those Russian deals it shows aren't real

• AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    I likewise posted that in the Russia thread cause if it ends up being the real deal, get ready for a Twitter storm of him trying to claim those Russian deals it shows aren't real

Or it's all totally fine and everything he claimed was true is true.
    I will probably die of shock if that happens :)

• NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    Aridhol wrote: »

Or it's all totally fine and everything he claimed was true is true.
    I will probably die of shock if that happens :)

Phony tax returns. Show us the real LONG FORM tax returns.

• a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Could also be a different member of the family. They didn't say Donald.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Edit: just noticed the new thread. Takin' it there.

Undead Scottsman on
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Put tax return stuff in the new thread I made please, thanks

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    So much for McMaster being given autonomy. But this was expected.

Trump rejects push to oust NSC aide

President Donald Trump has overruled a decision by his national security adviser, Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster, to sideline a key intelligence operative who fell out of favor with some at the Central Intelligence Agency, two sources told POLITICO.

On Friday, McMaster told the National Security Council’s senior director for intelligence programs, Ezra Cohen-Watnick, that he would be moved to another position in the organization.
    But Cohen-Watnick appealed McMaster’s decision to two influential allies with whom he had forged a relationship while working on Trump’s transition team — White House advisers Steve Bannon and Jared Kushner. They brought the matter to Trump on Sunday, and the president agreed that Cohen-Watnick should remain as the NSC’s intelligence director, according to two people with knowledge of the episode.

How long until he quits?

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »

President Donald Trump has overruled a decision by his national security adviser, Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster, to sideline a key intelligence operative who fell out of favor with some at the Central Intelligence Agency, two sources told POLITICO.

On Friday, McMaster told the National Security Council’s senior director for intelligence programs, Ezra Cohen-Watnick, that he would be moved to another position in the organization.
    But Cohen-Watnick appealed McMaster’s decision to two influential allies with whom he had forged a relationship while working on Trump’s transition team — White House advisers Steve Bannon and Jared Kushner. They brought the matter to Trump on Sunday, and the president agreed that Cohen-Watnick should remain as the NSC’s intelligence director, according to two people with knowledge of the episode.

How long until he quits?

You can do whatever you like to get the job done, except remove my incompetent friends from power and money

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    McMaster is going to quit if this keeps up. Calling it now.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

How long until he quits?

If he does, it will probably be after a "either I go or this person gets in/gets kicked out" sort of ultimatum.

http://www.defensenews.com/articles/sources-mattis-ricardel-clashed-over-pentagon-appointees
    It now appears Ricardel will be moving out of the OPP position soon. The administration source said she is in line for a senior position with the Department of Commerce that deals with the national security world.

Sources from the Pentagon say that the move comes after a major clash with Mattis, with one source familiar with the discussions saying “Mattis told the White House either Mira goes, or he walks. They blinked.”

The administration source, a Trump loyalist, denied that and defended Ricardel, saying that the clashes with Mattis should be seen as a “badge of honor," as Ricardel has held the line against "politically unacceptable" candidates.

Couscous on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    McMaster is going to quit if this keeps up. Calling it now.

That'd really suck for him, didn't he have to give up his post in order to take the position? I doubt he could just go back to being a general.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    The last thing I want right now is for Mattis and Mcmaster to go

just give them what they want damn it

• GSMGSM Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Prohass wrote: »
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Qanamil wrote: »
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Did that EO hit or get delayed?

Executive restructuring EO was signed about half an hour ago, nothing popping up about it yet though because CBO AHCA report came at the same time.

From WaPo:
    President Donald Trump has signed an order aimed at streamlining the executive branch.

Trump says the new executive order requires the examination of every federal department and agency “to see where money is being wasted, how services can be improved and whether programs are truly serving American citizens.”

The 4:30pm entry at https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/federal_government/the-latest-trump-compares-health-care-bill-to-obama-ratings/2017/03/13/b3454290-0807-11e7-bd19-fd3afa0f7e2a_story.html?utm_term=.3dffac5511a8

maybe we should just streamline the president right out of the executive branch

I mean, he's definitely wasting government money every weekend at Mar-a-Lago golfing.

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my administration is dying

We'll get back there someday.
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

How long until he quits?

If he does, it will probably be after a "either I go or this person gets in/gets kicked out" sort of ultimatum.

http://www.defensenews.com/articles/sources-mattis-ricardel-clashed-over-pentagon-appointees
    It now appears Ricardel will be moving out of the OPP position soon. The administration source said she is in line for a senior position with the Department of Commerce that deals with the national security world.

Sources from the Pentagon say that the move comes after a major clash with Mattis, with one source familiar with the discussions saying “Mattis told the White House either Mira goes, or he walks. They blinked.”

The administration source, a Trump loyalist, denied that and defended Ricardel, saying that the clashes with Mattis should be seen as a “badge of honor," as Ricardel has held the line against "politically unacceptable" candidates.

Presumably what the Trump loyalist means by "politically unacceptable" is "appointing someone who's good at their job but didn't vote for Trump"

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

How long until he quits?

Presumably what the Trump loyalist means by "politically unacceptable" is "appointing someone who's good at their job but didn't vote for Trump"

Article says as much. NeverTrumps are among the rejects.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    W
    Kana wrote: »

How long until he quits?

No presumably about it. This has been an ongoing issue reported for months now. Trump refuses to let anyone in to the administration who has ever said bad stuff about him. And the leaks are only increasing his paranoia and thus this behaviour.

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    I dont know where else to post this..but

Senator Ralph Shortey, Chair of Trumps election campaign for Oklahoma was found in a hotel room with a underaged boy, presumably a prostitute.

Buttcleft wrote: »

Senator Ralph Shortey, Chair of Trumps election campaign for Oklahoma was found in a hotel room with a underaged boy, presumably a prostitute.

If they were underage, then the correct term would be "sex trafficking victim."

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

If they were underage, then the correct term would be "sex trafficking victim."

Well, apparently the age of consent is 16 and the victim is supposedly 16-17. At least according to a few ancillary things I've read.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-13/tillerson-used-alias-email-for-climate-messages-n-y-says

Tillerson used a fake email while at Exxon which Exxon failed to disclose to federal authorities.

You know everytime someone on trump's team has a worse email scandal I lose a few minutes from my life because of the blood pressure.

You can be pretty certain that any wild accusations they field is probably projection, because they're the ones actually doing it. Kinda makes me scared what the 'pizzagate' fake shit is supposed to make look smaller..

welp..

uc3ufTB.png
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

This is not on topic for this thread.

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Topic for this thread: Mick Mulvaney's assertion that starving seniors is "compassionate"

So, okay, yeah, not really exactly what he said, but I am at the point where I am no longer willing to charitably interpret the statements and intentions of this administration. They haven't earned it.

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Per WaPo reporter, maybe this job isn't as easy as they thought

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    These fucking people.

Who could have known that government jobs have longer hours and lower pay than working in the private sector?

• Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    These fucking people.

Especially since they had the gall to claim Hillary wasn't up for the job physically. And here's Trump and friends claiming they're too tired to do the job

• GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    These fucking people.

Especially since they had the gall to claim Hillary wasn't up for the job physically. And here's Trump and friends claiming they're too tired to do the job

I really do wonder what the fuck they thought their jobs would entail.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »
    These fucking people.

Advertising American gas and oil abroad.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »
    These fucking people.

A very popular perception among conservatives is that all jobs in government are cushy and all government entities are overstaffed. After first declaring his candidacy I was convinced Trump would quit because I assumed he was smart enough to know that it's a very difficult job and that he'd hate it. Boy was I wrong!

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • LabelLabel Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    It's a very difficult, tiring job if you're actually doing all the work it should entail.

I don't get the impression that they're actually trying to do that. Not that they're not still fatigued though.

Label on
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    We need to keep saying it. This is the oldest, least healthy cabinet ever.
    On top of that most of them inherited their wealth and leveraged it to gain power. They know nothing of a grind.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I can't tell if Trump is intentionally humiliating his VA secretary or this sort of thing is purely accidental:

NBC Reporter:

Couscous on
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Label wrote: »
    It's a very difficult, tiring job if you're actually doing all the work it should entail.

I don't get the impression that they're actually trying to do that. Not that they're not still fatigued though.

I definitely get the impression they are overwhelmed by the scope of their responsibility. They certainly aren't achieving much but they are getting worked and it's taking a toll.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    I can't figure out which thread this story belongs to, so I'll put it here as I guess it comes under White House Staff.

A secret service agent has had their laptop (containing plans of Trump Tower) stolen from their car. BBC news have just started to carry the story.

This discussion has been closed.