As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Someone really needs to start a new thread

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    after literally 196 days killing the demon hunter daily order hall boss every day, I finally got the Vengeance hidden artifact appearance.

• E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Broken isle intro quests are up in the class halls. ^.^

• Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    E.Coyote wrote: »

on live?

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Mc zany wrote: »
    E.Coyote wrote: »

on live?

Yep and the first thing it does it railroad you right into a 3-4 hour class hall quest, top fucking kek Blizzard

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    What's even better is that I sent the guy I needed to turn the first quest into on a 10 hour mission right before I picked up the quest

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I find it silly it was not a demon that passes you the info for Warlocks
    And a rogue came back injured vanish and run fool that's the rogue's way

There's a new 12 hour mission after that one, just not tied to any quests. Gives slightly better AP widgets. They also managed to break a wing of nighthold for lfr.

• antheremantherem Registered User regular
    They literally copy-pasted the quest text into the various order halls, to the point that the text for Advisor Sevel in the Shaman order hall says
    <Ghrent turns his eyes to the ground.>

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    So some of my friends convinced me to resub during spring break after a few months off. Good lord somehow the size of the dumpster fire has grown. Like WoD, Legion started out great but now everything just sucks again. Sure they are technically releasing new content, but when new content breaks old content, and the new content is tied to damned follower missions, or a weekly token to do anything, everything just feels artificial. WoD at least gave everything up front, just everyone plowed through it all. In order to prevent that same thing from happening, everything is just frustrating time gated shit.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    So some of my friends convinced me to resub during spring break after a few months off. Good lord somehow the size of the dumpster fire has grown. Like WoD, Legion started out great but now everything just sucks again. Sure they are technically releasing new content, but when new content breaks old content, and the new content is tied to damned follower missions, or a weekly token to do anything, everything just feels artificial. WoD at least gave everything up front, just everyone plowed through it all. In order to prevent that same thing from happening, everything is just frustrating time gated shit.

I'm going to need you to cite some of this stuff, what are you talking about with weekly tokens?

A month into WoD I was logging in once a week to raid. I'm still playing an hour a day or more, over six months after Legion's release.

Dhalphir on
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    What new content broke what old content? Unless you are taking about gear from a new raid being better than gear from the previous raid which was literally always the case (though some argument can be made about some AQ40 vs OG Naxxrammas pieces).

steam_sig.png
  • TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Speaking off, Preach has a video about returning, now that 7.2 is coming very soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y736nZuh-t0
    TL, DR: Is easier now than ever and you will be pretty much catched up for AP when 7.2 comes in.

• crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Recently, I've been only logging in to raid, but that's because I have things going on other nights of the week and I'm hooked on Zelda. However, I'm still hitting a dungeon or two a week (more if timewalking), and there's still stuff out in the world for me to do. Plus I am legit excited for 7.2, but not because I'm looking for fix to a dearth of things to do.

In other news, I picked up 2 DPS trinkets (Draught and Digit) from the last couple raids, so I'm doing pretty OK now on my DPS set. My Legendaries are still not great for DPS (Sephuz is the only Havoc one I have), but it sounds like I will be DPSing a bit to get another tank some gear/practice for when I'm not able to make raids.

I also messed around with my talents a bit tanking last night. Soul Barrier felt pretty good in general, there are definitely some places where I can see it being useful and I should be able to use it a bit more efficiently in the future. Other talents I'm not too sure about. Flame Crash did well and increased my damage (anecdotally), however I'm not sure how I feel losing the pain generation from Felblade to use on Demon Spikes (I have the legendary ring and 4pc, so getting high up-time on spikes is a priority). I might switch to Fel Eruption on easier/single target content... I'll have to think on that. Fracture looks like good synergy with Soul Barrier; how does that work out compared to Feed the Demon? Hmm...

• Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I feel like vengeance is just pain starved without fel blade, I would imagine it would be worse with fracture and soul barrier both taking pain also.

Jealous Deva on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Yeah looking at the AK scaling on the PTR, the numbers get well and truly nuts.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    The hidden skins bug me for a different reason. I unlock one, then to get the rest, I have to be in a hidden skin while doing 100s of other things. Effectively locking me out of all my other skin variants until I've unlocked them all.

I feel like I'm being blackmailed into only ever using that skin. Which... why even have the others at that point.

That said, you can transmog them and they still count as being used.

That is less useful as a druid. But good to know.

I haven't been playing, so this may be dead wrong, but I thought I read that if a druid transmogs their artifact, it doesn't alter their forms?

Yeah, that's what he means, so he's stuck using the hidden form to unlock the alternate ones

Oh, weird. Nevermind then, I clearly wasn't understanding the matter correctly, because I thought it was like this;
    1. Muddbudd doesn't like having to use one of the artifact skins while grinding unlocks for the other ones
    2. You were saying that the artifacts can be transmogged and still count as using whichever skin was currently selected for the purposes of unlocks
    3. He says that it doesn't help him as a druid (because he didn't realize it would stop the artifact changing his shapeshift's appearance)
    4. I pointed out that it would stop the shapeshifted form's appearance from changing, & since that happens as a function of normal transmog behavior, I assumed it would still count towards unlocks like you had said at #2.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I feel like vengeance is just pain starved without fel blade, I would imagine it would be worse with fracture and soul barrier both taking pain also.

It's definitely more starved when I'm not constantly taking damage (like Gul'dan or Elisande), but most fights I have around 65-75% uptime. Looking at Krosus (granted, a fairly ideal fight for pain gen) from last night and 2 weeks ago, Demon Spikes was up within a few % of each other. Fracture may not be worthwhile since the leech from Demon Spikes is a significant portion of self-healing, but I can definitely see having the extra Soul Barrier cd every 30 seconds being better than Last Resort on some fights (Heroic Spellblade is a specific one I'm concerned about).

crimsoncoyote on
    Soul Barrier is fantastic for a lot of fights in Nightold, especially since so much of it is either burst, or magic. With 1 or 2 soul frags boosting it it can completely soak up Slam damage on Krosus, and helps a LOT on Aluriel and her annihilate when you already have 2 stacks. Arcane Slash on Trillax, arcane rings on Elisande (especially in heroic phase 2 when her dumb explosion often coincides with rings and it's better just to soak one than have the raid take a bunch of damage) or it really helps if you want to solo soak empowered bonds on Gul'dan.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Finally got Drake of the South Wind, so I have all 4 [Direction] drakes. Also got Judgment helm off Ony the same night. So that's two annoying raids out of the way (honestly the annoying part is just traveling to both places).

Now I'm deciding on MSV for the Elegon mount, or ToT for Horridon/JiKun (though ToT is annoying to get to). Other options: Mim's Head or Invincible.

• kaidkaid Registered User regular
    after literally 196 days killing the demon hunter daily order hall boss every day, I finally got the Vengeance hidden artifact appearance.

Fun fact if you get the other specs hidden artifact then do one of the achivements for other tint unlocks like the kill x many people in pvp it unlocks that skin on every spec hidden artifact even if you have not gotten the basic unlock yet. It is basically how I unlocked my resto druid hidden after being mocked since launch by god damn flower pots.

Mugsley wrote: »
    Finally got Drake of the South Wind, so I have all 4 [Direction] drakes. Also got Judgment helm off Ony the same night. So that's two annoying raids out of the way (honestly the annoying part is just traveling to both places).

Now I'm deciding on MSV for the Elegon mount, or ToT for Horridon/JiKun (though ToT is annoying to get to). Other options: Mim's Head or Invincible.

ToT is easy to get to in following ways:
    - rogues can talk to Toshi in class Hall to teleport right in front of it
    - if you did Pandaria challenge modes you can teleport to the dungeon that starts you in a tree and end boss is on a bridge, i forget the name. Then it's a short flight to Thunder Isle teleport
    - set your hearthstone to your factions base on Thunder Isle

steam_sig.png
    kaid wrote: »

Fun fact if you get the other specs hidden artifact then do one of the achivements for other tint unlocks like the kill x many people in pvp it unlocks that skin on every spec hidden artifact even if you have not gotten the basic unlock yet. It is basically how I unlocked my resto druid hidden after being mocked since launch by god damn flower pots.

Only for that one character though, alts still have to do their own weapons.

steam_sig.png
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Mugsley wrote: »

ToT is easy to get to in following ways:
    - rogues can talk to Toshi in class Hall to teleport right in front of it
    - if you did Pandaria challenge modes you can teleport to the dungeon that starts you in a tree and end boss is on a bridge, i forget the name. Then it's a short flight to Thunder Isle teleport
    - set your hearthstone to your factions base on Thunder Isle

Siege of Nizuo I think it's called

I think the world boss outside the raid can also drop a mount.

It's definitely more starved when I'm not constantly taking damage (like Gul'dan or Elisande), but most fights I have around 65-75% uptime. Looking at Krosus (granted, a fairly ideal fight for pain gen) from last night and 2 weeks ago, Demon Spikes was up within a few % of each other. Fracture may not be worthwhile since the leech from Demon Spikes is a significant portion of self-healing, but I can definitely see having the extra Soul Barrier cd every 30 seconds being better than Last Resort on some fights (Heroic Spellblade is a specific one I'm concerned about).

Last Resort is not worth using unless you have a specific point at which you plan to intentionally trigger it to deal with a mechanic. And Demonic Infusion is a DPS talent.

Felblade is not that significant a bump to pain generation.

So I'm on the part of the Snowfeather chain where you need to do WQs with it and two undeads. Every WQ I've come across is stonewalling me because (according to wowhead comments) I don't have the rare undead pets.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    do they have to be rare? A lot of the time the spare pets I used for those didn't even enter combat and I still got credit, though I guess all the pets I used probably were rare quality

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    You can buy a rare upgrade for couple of pet coins, anyway.

Rare as in hard to find (the frostwolf ghost pup and unborn valkyr are commonly suggested).

I'd suggest the warcraft pets forum for the alternate pets, they tend to have more strategies than wowhead. There's a thread for falcs and family familiar.

• antheremantherem Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    Rare as in hard to find (the frostwolf ghost pup and unborn valkyr are commonly suggested).

I've heard anecdotally that the Unborn Valkyr is significantly easier to find now, for what it's worth.

Unborn Valk is definitely easier to find, now. If you use Battle Pet addons, one of them has the spawn locations marked. If you fly a lap through the spawn locations, you should be able to find one within 3 zones.

Weebomination is Undead; and you can get him from the L3 Pet Menagerie daily in your WOD Garrison. There were also various Undead pets available depending on how long you've played: Macabre Marionette (Holiday), Bone Raptor pet (Arch) come to mind.

Is the vendor pet from Valarjar Undead or Humanoid?

There are also multiple Undead pets from older raids, such as Naxxramas.

And since I'm a Shaman, I'm too spoiled by having my 10-min Hearth set to Legion Dalaran. And I didn't do challenge modes (which sucks because I love the model of the phoenixes)

• kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    kaid wrote: »

Only for that one character though, alts still have to do their own weapons.

Yes for that one character. But it still is a way to get a weapon appearance that is well and truly mocking you if its a stupid drop off some stupid rare RNG thing. Usually at least one of your specs hidden appearances will be pretty straight forward to acquire.

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    antherem wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »

I've heard anecdotally that the Unborn Valkyr is significantly easier to find now, for what it's worth.

When I went looking for one a few months back, it took me about 5 minutes.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    Hrm, next time I'm on I'll have to give finding the Unborn Valkyr a try. Last I had heard she was up there with the TLPD.

• Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    There's also the floating skull that you can buy in Dalaran (I think). It has the Unholy Ascension ability, so it can serve as a decent replacement for the Unborn Val'kyr in some battles (Heliosus the reincarnating phoenix comes to mind). IIRC the skull is green so you'll probably want to upgrade it to blue.

MSL59.jpg
    @Nobody I haven't even started the Snowfeather stuff, but I went through setting up my Pet Battles stable about 2 months ago. If you want some tips, let me know.

Protip: if you have to do the WQs with two undead pets, look up the "all undead team" achievement notes for each specific WQ battle. Grab two of the three in the suggested team, if you have them, and go nuts.

The notes for specific battles (in Dalaran and WQs) helped me prioritize other pets to help flesh out my stable; such as the Teroclaw Hatchling, the Emerald Proto Whelp, and the Nexus Hatchling (another protip: Stormborne Hatchling has the same abilities).

• ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Good news - I got my 8th legendary drop on my shadow priest

Bad news - Still don't got the one i actually want

Bittersweet news - It's now a 50/50 chance as my next legendary drop.

the val'kyr pet is much more plentiful after they nerfed it.

• TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    So, Drape of Shame is getting a nerf:

Is going to make it less mandatory, specially with M+ Lower Karazhan? Nope. The effect has to go entirely.

This discussion has been closed.