As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] Does this syandana make my ass look fat?

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Okay. Look. I'm gonna say it right now, and I don't want to sound like I'm overreacting here, but.

If there's not some kind of interaction between the bardframe and Mirage's Disco Ball, I am going to RIOT.

• kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    I am fearful of how the bard frame will work. I don't want to have to mute my game to prevent other peoples bad tastes and/or humor from being inflicted on me through midi. I mean, I'll definitely tune in to friends creations, but I hope there's a toggle to mute just that frames stuff.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    kralizecc wrote: »
    I am fearful of how the bard frame will work. I don't want to have to mute my game to prevent other peoples bad tastes and/or humor from being inflicted on me through midi. I mean, I'll definitely tune in to friends creations, but I hope there's a toggle to mute just that frames stuff.

I know some Warframe's powers show up differently on other people's clients (like Banshee's 4) so it wouldn't surprise me if there isn't at least an option to force other people's Octavias to play only default songs (which there will be a few) instead of their custom ones.

steam_sig.png
  • DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    Okay. Look. I'm gonna say it right now, and I don't want to sound like I'm overreacting here, but.

If there's not some kind of interaction between the bardframe and Mirage's Disco Ball, I am going to RIOT.

Heck with that, I want me some dubstep rocking with soundquake.

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »

I know some Warframe's powers show up differently on other people's clients (like Banshee's 4) so it wouldn't surprise me if there isn't at least an option to force other people's Octavias to play only default songs (which there will be a few) instead of their custom ones.

I believe they stated that that was an option, yes.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    They also said on a devstream that they were actively trying to make it difficult to troll with. I believe that was part of why it's a fairly simplistic system to work with. They recognize that most of the userbase are not going to be talented composers, and also that a portion will seek to annoy people however possible.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    That's all good news to my ears, though I don't mind folks I know joking around with it, I just don't want an in mission ordis that I can't mute without muting the rest of the game sounds.

• VahraanVahraan Registered User regular
    Omg, I just finished the quest that opens up in uranus/neptune (you know the one I mean)
    And holy balls that was awesome. This sword is awesome. This kamehameha is REALLY AWESOME. I love this game.

PSN: Gumbotron88 3DS FC: 0018-3695-0013 (Devon)
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

The only way to truly experience bardframe would be to get rickrolled, repeatedly. #MakeRickRollingAThingAgain

edit: it's either that or Darude - Sandstorm

I wonder how they will protect themselves from all the IP violations that people are going to cause from this...

But yeah... definitely Darude - Sandstorm. For all the bad parkour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HQaBWziYvY

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    It's time for yellow submarine

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure it's not all that infringing to compose a bad 10-second MIDI clip of your favorite song and loop it into eternity.

It might be bad taste, but probably not lawsuit-worthy.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    edited March 2017
    Nips wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's not all that infringing to compose a bad 10-second MIDI clip of your favorite song and loop it into eternity.

It might be bad taste, but probably not lawsuit-worthy.

How long is too long and/or not fair use/worth fighting over actually depends on the mood of the corporation that owns the song, afaik. Some are more aggressive than others in this area.

I'm sure DE has something in place to protect themselves though

tastydonuts on
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Soon I can finally fulfill my dream of slaughtering my way through an entire galleon full of Grineer to a cheerful, peppy, space-age jazz theme:

Meet George Tenno!

It's all classical music.

edited March 2017
    Soon I can finally fulfill my dream of slaughtering my way through an entire galleon full of Grineer to a cheerful, peppy, space-age jazz theme:

Meet George Tenno!

"Tenno, it's time to blow this scene. Get everybody and their equipment together. Are you ready? 3, 2, 1, Let's Jam."

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular

Meet George Tenno!

"Tenno, it's time to blow this scene. Get everybody and their equipment together. Are you ready? 3, 2, 1, Let's Jam."

Inability to agree and awesome causing some serious choice paralysis.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
    edited March 2017
    Okay. So.

Bardframe. Bardframethings.

Mirage. Disco ball.

Banshee. Soundquake.

I'm stuck on the last one.

Also, he said, showing his age, we have all overlooked the most obvious thing to try to MIDI up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwZwkk7q25I

dporowski on
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Valkyr or Rhino on vocals?

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    Ianator wrote: »
    Valkyr or Rhino on vocals?

Oooh. Good call!

I'd say rotate between them plus Nidus, depending on if you're going operatic, meathead metal*, or something more along the corpsepaint lines.

*I say this lovingly, you should see my iTunes library.

Meet George Tenno!

That one, and the theme to The A-Team, are going to be an ear-worm for me for a while. Probably A team theme will be my first attempt at song creation in warbleframe

I think the Indiana Jones theme has some possibilities, for sure.

Also, the Star Wars Cantina band song. For when things have gone a little ridiculous. Powerhouse. March of the Gladiators.

Oh this is gonna be fun, by which I mean "fun for me".

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Thus Spake Zarathustra

edited March 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wgHBXngRKs

Edit: YES I WOULD.

Editx2: Did you know youtube has a whole bunch of midi transcriptions of a whole bunch of different songs guaranteed to weld themselves into your brain? I didn't, but now I do.

dporowski on
    edited March 2017
    I thought the soundboard wasn't going to use midi? Seem to remember a tweet of them giving a check to a local music academy to do real sounds and syths for Octavia's powers instead.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I thought the soundboard wasn't going to use midi? Seem to remember a tweet of them giving a check to a local music academy to do real sounds and syths for Octavia's powers instead.

I don't know shit about music, but I'm pretty sure you can use recorded sounds with midi.

JtgVX0H.png
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    It's straight up a midi step sequencer.

You can plug any instrument you want into midi. Midi is just the generic term for the framework involved in having plug in instruments be able to interact with user interfaces and digital equipment.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    Oh my. Tonight, I discovered the joy of Maim Equinox. Woof.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Nips wrote: »
    Oh my. Tonight, I discovered the joy of Maim Equinox. Woof.

It's pretty great, especially doing a fissure mission and getting the warframe ability buff when you get 10 reactant. It is amazeballs.

Vestan Moss. :|

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    14 anasa sculptures in a row

Hooray

Apothe0sis wrote: »
    14 anasa sculptures in a row

Hooray

I have not gotten a riven mod in about 27-ish days, it's... irritating.

dporowski wrote: »
    Okay. So.

Bardframe. Bardframethings.

Mirage. Disco ball.

Banshee. Soundquake.

I'm stuck on the last one.

Also, he said, showing his age, we have all overlooked the most obvious thing to try to MIDI up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwZwkk7q25I

That reminds me of the best song evah, I can't wait to see those guys jok'n me.

Some friends and I finally ran the derelict. Ended up getting a narrow minded for my Chroma.

oh wow, I forgot you wanted to do that. why didn't you ever message me or say something when we were ingame together?

oh wow, I forgot you wanted to do that. why didn't you ever message me or say something when we were ingame together?

Zelda mostly. I sorta stopped playing exactly when I mentioned that.

The missions to get your nightly anasa sculpture tonight were rough on xbone (everywhere?)

We got some of the least helpful randies

A quake banshee that extended the first mission for so long by keeping all the enemies trapped in their spawn areas was probably the highlight.

That Augment mod is terrible.

"Hey, let's 'help' the team by keeping everyone stun locked in their spawn area, removing 100% of the challenge and give your other teams nothing to do. Oh, and if you bring it to sorties, nothing dies from it, so you just make the mission take longer cause everyone has to run from room to room to find and kill the guys you are stun locking."

DE really needs to change that mod.

steam_sig.png

"Hey, let's 'help' the team by keeping everyone stun locked in their spawn area, removing 100% of the challenge and give your other teams nothing to do. Oh, and if you bring it to sorties, nothing dies from it, so you just make the mission take longer cause everyone has to run from room to room to find and kill the guys you are stun locking."

Good in mobile defense and nothing else for sorties

Well, they nerfed Blind Miraging most tiles, so there's hope. It'd only cripple the ability itself in the process.

Yeah, that Sortie with Kela Assassinate (Bow Only)? That led in with Defense on Kuva Fortress? Wooooof. Me and two buddies (with a pug) managed it, but that's gotta be the height of Bullshit Horrible Sorties.

We got Naramon Lenses for our trouble x_x. On the plus side, I was able to get my frustration out in mission two (Exterminate), with my Mirage+Simulor steamroller. 216 kills required, I scored over 200, and it was done in like three minutes tops. Nuking everything into the ground with prejudice is the most cathartic thing.

This discussion has been closed.