As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Who got the Pax Pox?

craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
edited March 2017 in PAX East
Did anyone else come down with the post pax pox? It seems no matter what I do I always get sick every year. This year my poor boyfriend and I contracted Strep Throat. XX

DXLJjjr.png
craiola on

• SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    So far I am Plague free.
    Possibly because I picked it up at South.

• deestardeestar [E]nforcer PAXEast Vermont Registered User regular
    What is going around this year at PAX is something I've already had (RSV) back in January .. If you get it be warned it is one of those disease that is harsh when you are under 18 (as in land in the hospital harsh) and even worse when you are an adult.

• Consti2tionConsti2tion Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Also Plague free. 1 tablet of Airborne before heading out + plenty of hand sanitizer.

I also have a crazy good immune system and very rarely get sick. Hope you feel better.

Consti2tion on
  • XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    Friend of mine ended up with a 102 fever shortly after the show, but thankfully I'm pox-free.

Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
  • SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Pox-free and surprised about it since it was so coooold!

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    I'm really trying not to jinx myself but so far this is the first year I've not gotten it. Thank god.

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    I went hard on hand sanitizer and not touching my face ever this year and it seems to have worked. I sanitized after every demo and before every meal.

P0P7S6y.png
  • nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    Also went liberal with hand sanitizer and cautious in touching the face, and so far no pox.

• MelSnyMelSny New JerseyRegistered User regular
    I think I cheated. I was in cosplay most of the time which required me to wear gloves. This meant most of the time my hands were protected and anytime I had to eat I took my gloves off! I havent gotten a full blown PAX Pox yet.

signature.png

"You want to kill me? You couldn't even kill my boredom" - Roronoa Zoro (One Piece).

Attending PAX East since 2011.
  • KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    Interestingly, my husband got a sore throat and a cough and I got severe stomach cramps, but each appeared two days after PAX. I'm going to call this one a non-pax induced plague.

• craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    Interestingly enough, my boyfriend and I were super vigilant about hand sanitizer and hand washing. I think we just got unlucky :( My work wants to kill me though, because between having Monday off, the snow on Tuesday, and the plague I've been out all week :(

DXLJjjr.png
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    All clear here, then again I did wash my hands pretty regularly.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• VermillionDeVermillionDe Registered User regular
    Me and my wife boosted our vitamin c intake before and after PAX. She got the pox, I didnt. She's not happy with me.

• Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Me and my wife boosted our vitamin c intake before and after PAX. She got the pox, I didnt. She's not happy with me.
    Obviously it is your fault

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • ViciousEin02ViciousEin02 NYRegistered User regular
    I got the paxpox even though I used half a bottle of hand sanitizer.

Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015
    Pax East 2012 & 2013 Attendee

• BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular

A bottle and a half here and got hit hard with PaxPox/Flu. Near as I can tell picked it up on Friday, it's a fast incubating strain, symptomatic by Sunday night, full 100+ fever by Monday night, still kicking my ass now.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Bloodsheed wrote: »

A bottle and a half here and got hit hard with PaxPox/Flu. Near as I can tell picked it up on Friday, it's a fast incubating strain, symptomatic by Sunday night, full 100+ fever by Monday night, still kicking my ass now.

yup this is pretty much how this went down for me

I did all of three demos all pax, and pointedly sanitized before and after, and washed my hands thoroughly before eating every meal, but by Sunday evening I was feeling a little off and then by Tuesday evening I was running a low grade fever. All day Wednesday - the shakes, horrible coughing, body aches, fever of 100-101. All day Thursday barely able to get out of bed, nose a fountain of endless snot, aches, fever of 100-101. Yesterday same deal. Today I'm feeling MARGINALLY better as the fever finally went down but still coughing and sniffling and achey af

I was supposed to work 35hrs this week to make up for missing work to go to PAX but that has NOT happened lol

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I and most of my friends escaped it, but 2 didn't. One was sick for 3 days and the other ended up being hospitalized for strep/dehydration.

5I7JEDi.png
  • KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    Got home Monday night, felt fine.

In fact, I felt fine until 8:30pm on Friday night (17th). Then I suddenly got slight fever, fatigue and nausea. Saturday I woke up with aches, chills and a stuffy nose. Sunday I went shopping, due to lacking food, and also picked up some DayQuil, NyQuil and tylenol. By the time I got home I was physically exhausted (store is practically across the street from my apartment complex). Monday morning I woke up, and I could barely sit in my chair, let alone stand on my feet for 6 hours at work (which I called out from). Yesterday I was somewhat better, and this morning I was well enough to go to work (though I'm still sore and it wiped me out).

Today was also the first day since Friday I could breathe through both nostrils simultaneously.

JfqWFk8.png