As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad Food "Thread": Things Man Was Not Meant To Digest

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Water has to be at least lower than room temperature for me to drink it, otherwise I gag. Ice cold water is one of my favorite drinks though.

I'll drink warm coffee and hot chocolate, but that's about it. I really dislike hot alcoholic drinks and warm soda.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    My first glass of water in the morning is steaming from the tap of the shower

Water is always delicious

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I can pretty much drink almost any water.

Water is amazing.

I bought a bottle of life water the other night on recommendation from my girlfriend. I was curious what could make a liter of water worth a buck and a quarter. I really couldn't tell the difference from water from my tap at home.

I don't understand when people are picky about water unless it is really off like her tap water. Which always comes out opaque with little bubbles which is really upsetting visually but doesn't taste much different.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    My first glass of water in the morning is steaming from the tap of the shower

this is disgusting

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Water from the shower then thbbbt it out like I'm a shooter fish.

• Options
    Hot shower water is gross.

Ice cold lager in a hot shower is divine.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Papa Murphy's is fine but it I am picking up pizza, I don't want to have to cook it when I get home

Ya fuck Papa Murphy's lazy nonsense , and especially their sneakiness about it ( this is a personal bias that will be explained in the next chunk of words!)

First experience with these squeebs was a bunch of us out camping seeing their name in the book under Pizza Delivery.

So we order, they mention shit all about the " Hey we're fuckshits who don't cook the pizza lol" and send someone to a campsite with 4 large uncooked pizzas.
    Idiots.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    shower beers are a revelation this is true

have one almost every day

but i shower at night (except in the summer because...defeating the purpose and whatnot)

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I get weird looks when I order a milkshake in the middle of winter

fuck off I want a milkshake, there's no rules to enjoying them

Also eating cold pizza is 100% okay, cooling a pizza you just ordered down to eat it cold is a bit odd.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I got weird looks and tried to get talked out of it when ordering burgers at fast food joints
    Only my shift change put to a stop to this

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

but i shower at night (except in the summer because...defeating the purpose and whatnot)

Have you tried...

showering twice a day?

• Options

Have you tried...

showering twice a day?

i'm not an alcoholic

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Have you tried...

showering twice a day?

i'm not an alcoholic

Yet...

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

Yeah I get the strangest craving for an Iced Capp from Timmies when the temp hits -25C. Difference here is no one bats an eye at that unless they're not from the area.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Decius wrote: »

Yeah I get the strangest craving for an Iced Capp from Timmies when the temp hits -25C. Difference here is no one bats an eye at that unless they're not from the area.

I never got that whole thing where certain foods should only be eaten in summer or winter. Soup for instance i can eat anytime but lots of people think its a winter food.
    My argument is so what that its a warm food? Do you stick your steak in the freezer before eating it in summer?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    My mother once yelled at me for boiling water or something in the summer. "You're COOKING??? In THIS heat???"

Like what do you expect me to do, eat cold raw foods only for 6 months every year?

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Decius wrote: »

I never got that whole thing where certain foods should only be eaten in summer or winter. Soup for instance i can eat anytime but lots of people think its a winter food.
    My argument is so what that its a warm food? Do you stick your steak in the freezer before eating it in summer?

Hmm. Possibly it has something to do with the fact the soup is mostly water, and therefore has a much higher specific heat than just about any other ingredient? I would be very surprised if eating a burger or steak raised your core temperature anywhere near as much as a bowl of soup, just because of the higher energy load of a hot bowl of water.

Then again, it might also be a holdover from a time before climate control, when boiling a big pot of water or running the oven all day would tend to make a kitchen significantly warmer than just heating up a skillet for ten minutes. That might explain why so many Thanksgiving and Christmas foods involve long oven times. You roast a turkey in November because you can't comfortably do it in July.

Or maybe people are just weird. Probably people are just weird. I had a friend in college who was deeply weirded out by the thought of eating Oreos during the summer, because she grew up dipping them in hot chocolate instead of milk. Oddly enough, she was a dedicated year-round ice cream eater.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    I find myself cooking a lot more pizza in the winter because it also helps to heat the house when it's cold outside. Getting an oven up to 550F (290C) takes a lot of energy and I'd rather not turn around and use more energy just to cool the house back down in the summer.

• Options
    I've deffo gotten the "soup is a winter meal" before and my response was the verbal form of "????????"

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Soup is totally a winter meal. It's warm and it makes you feel warm.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Yeah in the height of summer, eating soup for lunch would make me feel too hot.

• Options
    y'all need to thermoregulate better

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I eat ice cream in the winter because ice cream is delicious any time of year.

• Options
    You eat soup in ninety degree, hundred degree weather?

Like, that seems crazy.

Maybe if you've got your AC blasting all the time, but I've frequently lived without air conditioning, and even now, while I have a window unit in the summer, I'm not turning it on most of the time if I can avoid it.

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    You eat soup in ninety degree, hundred degree weather?

Like, that seems crazy.

Maybe if you've got your AC blasting all the time, but I've frequently lived without air conditioning, and even now, while I have a window unit in the summer, I'm not turning it on most of the time if I can avoid it.

yeah putting hot things in my mouth doesn't make me sweat

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I don't eat soup or chili specifically in the summer because it just overheats my whole body. Pasta and meat and stuff, for whatever reason, doesn't seem to stay hot in my body for very long after I eat it, so I have no issues with it.

I'll eat ice cream in freezing weather, though. I ain't give a fuck.

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Hell, the city with the coldest street corner in Canada is also the city that sells the most Slurpies world-wide per year.

There you go Winnipeg, you're known for something.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    Counterpoint: gazpacho.

• Options
    m!ttens wrote: »
    Counterpoint: gazpacho.

Well, yeah, there are exceptions to every real. And gazpacho is a fantastic summertime dish.

• Options
    My nose always starts to run when I eat hot soup. My body temperature doesn't feel like it changes too much, but the runny nose happens every time. It doesn't happen when I eat more solid hot foods, even spicy food won't reliably cause my nose to run.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    That's because the hot vapor directly dilutes your nasal mucus. Srsly.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I'd eat hot, spicy, cream of mushroom soup every day of the year if I had my druthers.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Do you guys remember McDonald's ad campaign featuring Mac Tonight? I never saw the original ads because I was born 2 years after they premiered, but they had a statue of the character in the McDonald's nearest to where I grew up, and it struck me as bizarre because it was nothing like the other characters and had nothing to do with food. For literally decades I had no idea why this jazzy moon man was in McDonald's.

jgeis on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    True Story

the Mac Tonight Moon Man is a symbol of the Alt Right now!

#pipe on
  • Options
    poor doug jones

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    The Mac Tonite ad campaign was all about how McDonald's were staying open later

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    True Story

Please tell me you are kidding

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    True Story

Please tell me you are kidding

I think the saddest part about #pipe's post is that I didn't stop to question it. Like, at all.
    I just shrugged, thought "Yeah, that sounds like something that could happen" and continued reading.

This discussion has been closed.