As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2017 Forum Badge

124»

• miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    Picked mine up a bit earlier (of course you weren't there again @kropotkin ) but I gotta say they look great. Absolutely awesome. Thanks as always. Can't wait to rock it this weekend

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    PAX Forum badges are now at BYOC desk and will remain there until 4pm on Monday, grab them while you can.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    kropotkin wrote: »
    PAX Forum badges are now at BYOC desk and will remain there until 4pm on Monday, grab them while you can.
    4pm Sunday, right?

zerzhul wrote: »
    4pm Sunday, right?

Yes sorry, was projecting from PAX West!

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• QuantumShaddowQuantumShaddow Registered User regular
    Ok, in prep for Pax East, here's the team I'm trying out for kicks:

Incineroar
    Toxapex
    A-Raichu
    Ribombee
    Decidueye
    Kommo-o

EDIT: Did 6 batted tonight and went 3-3. Not too bad for me!

I have no idea what you are talking about, but I fear this is because you posted in the wrong thread...

You were right! Sorry Kropotkin!

On an actual related note, picked up my badge yesterday and it's great!

3DS FC: 4441-8382-3645
    Switch: SW-7634-0399-6788

QGqFhNv.png
    The forum badges were collected from BYOC at 4pm on Sunday and I counted how many remained. Out of the 120 printed, 78 were thrown. What's interesting about those figures is that 42 badges were picked up, yet there were 64 names on the back of the badge.

I do spend a lot of time and effort making and distributing these badges so I would really appreciate it if you could extend the curtesy of in collecting one, especially if you have helped with its design. I now PAX is very busy and you have to cram so much in during a short period of time, but it doesn't take long to pick them up from BYOC.

Here's to next year, I'm already developing ideas for the PAX West badge as I type this.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    e00vp6tnio82.jpg
    I appreciate the effort. Thanks!

Edit:
    Changed picture to one compliant with forum size rules

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'm one of the fuck ups that didn't get to pick mine up. I completely apologize, my PAX this year was completely scattered and almost ended up with me having to leave as soon as I got there due to multiple family medical emergencies. It wasn't until I was laying down Saturday night that I remembered my forum badge (and I didn't go Sunday).

Long story short - I'm super sorry and feel terrible that my name was even on it but I didn't get over there.

• EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    I picked mine up a bit later than normal, but still got to proudly wear it for most of Saturday and Sunday. I do truly appreciate your effort with these sir.

• QuantumShaddowQuantumShaddow Registered User regular
    The forum badges were collected from BYOC at 4pm on Sunday and I counted how many remained. Out of the 120 printed, 78 were thrown. What's interesting about those figures is that 42 badges were picked up, yet there were 64 names on the back of the badge.

I do spend a lot of time and effort making and distributing these badges so I would really appreciate it if you could extend the curtesy of in collecting one, especially if you have helped with its design. I now PAX is very busy and you have to cram so much in during a short period of time, but it doesn't take long to pick them up from BYOC.

Here's to next year, I'm already developing ideas for the PAX West badge as I type this.

Grabbed mine on Saturday when I got there! They told me I was the first to pick it up that day, which I thought was weird...

3DS FC: 4441-8382-3645
    Switch: SW-7634-0399-6788

QGqFhNv.png
  • SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Got it on Saturday, thanks Kropotkin!

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I got mine Thursday.
    But you know this, you handed it to me while we waited for dinner.

• nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I didn't see you at Pre Pax game night although I am sure yiu were there, and then completely spaced on it during the con sorry @kropotkin

nevermore13 on
  • Tichinde925Tichinde925 Registered User regular
    I'm sorry, I was @ BYOC and forgot about it. too many things to do :(

• Canderson1989Canderson1989 Registered User regular
    I'm one of those who failed to pick up the badge and I truly apologize. Focused so much on Enforcing extra hours beyond my shift, that I honestly forgot. I know there's no excuse and I apologize again.

• Mercyd1403Mercyd1403 Registered User regular
    Picked mine up Thursday, thanks again for putting them together.

• Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    I got sick and couldn't make it. Bummed that I could get mine this year

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »

You should have posted sooner! I'd have grabbed one for ya (plus whatever else I could have gotten for ya) :(

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • GrimglaiveGrimglaive Registered User regular
    I'm envious! It was my first year, and I didn't know this was a thing. Looks great. :)

• Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    miker525 wrote: »
    Le_Goat wrote: »

You should have posted sooner! I'd have grabbed one for ya (plus whatever else I could have gotten for ya) :(
    That's super kind of ye. I was out for the count and drooling on myself for days on end. Every time a PAX tweet came in, I just looked at my phone, blinked, and looked away.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
    Thank you for the feedback everyone. As I said, I understand people get caught up at PAX, just as much as I do. But I do make sure I spend the 10 minutes dropping off the badges then picking them up again.

If you're headed to PAX West I shall be working on badges for that after the passes have been put up for sale.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Oh! At South the community panel mentioned that the forum community logo wasn't updated with the Fire and Ice pubcrawl, it still only shows Triwizard and Pokecrawl. I'm not sure who to talk to about updating that.

SutibunRi wrote: »
    Oh! At South the community panel mentioned that the forum community logo wasn't updated with the Fire and Ice pubcrawl, it still only shows Triwizard and Pokecrawl. I'm not sure who to talk to about updating that.

I never made the crest, someone else did. I can amend it if there is a desire for that

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I can ask @Yamara if she can update it with that sort of thing

zerzhul wrote: »
    I can ask @Yamara if she can update it with that sort of thing

That would be awesome!

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• hsuhsu Registered User regular
    I picked mine up late Friday. I would absolutely donate for higher quality badge next year, like made out of thin plastic, so that it wouldn't need a holder & wouldn't look out of place next to the actual PAX badges. I never wear the forum badge due to that last point, even though I pick it up each year.

iTNdmYl.png
    hsu wrote: »
    I picked mine up late Friday. I would absolutely donate for higher quality badge next year, like made out of thin plastic, so that it wouldn't need a holder & wouldn't look out of place next to the actual PAX badges. I never wear the forum badge due to that last point, even though I pick it up each year.

The forum badges are deliberately distinct from the PAX pass so that they are not confused with them. If we were to immitate them then we would actually get into trouble. They are oversized and in a sleeve for that very reason. You can always wear them on a separate lanyard if you prefer. Not wearing it defeats its purpose.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    ! I had no idea this was a thing though I've been 3 years now, I'll totally get one next year :D this is so cool! I'll keep an eye out for 'em next year too

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!