As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let Me Tell You About Podcasts

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    webmaster's tyranny on full display, no shame in sight... we deserve better than this my friends

one page is one page too many!!!

I give so much, spend literal minutes on an OP with formatting and links and this is the thanks I get?

If you have problems with my thread where was your thread? I didn't see anyone else stepping up to take on this burden. This forum had a need and I filled it, dammit. Is it perfect? Maybe not. Who among us can claim perfection? But I did what needed to be done.

heavy lies the yoke of webmastr'y, i deny it not--yet this is a fact you here both bemoan and simultaneously expect adulation for? your task is not done, no--it has only begun, and you shall need to continuously exert effort to your task so long as this thread does exist and receive the mad missives of our peers. do not step up, good webmaster, if you do not understand the concept of stairs

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    in podcast news I've been listening to the first season of revolutions, about the English civil war. it may be influencing the tone and timbre of my posts

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    I haven't gotten very far into CGI yet, so I don't know how it'll end up. I can definitely see how it could have some problems later on, but hopefully I'll keep enjoying it.

ABANDON ALL HOPE no it's a good time with ups and downs like any comedy podcast, i still enjoy it enough to listen fairly regularly

Too late I abandoned all hope as soon as you told me to. Well, time to continue my death march through this podcast.

I listened to another episode, it was very funny but I didn't enjoy it because I'm in total despair now.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I haven't gotten very far into CGI yet, so I don't know how it'll end up. I can definitely see how it could have some problems later on, but hopefully I'll keep enjoying it.

ABANDON ALL HOPE no it's a good time with ups and downs like any comedy podcast, i still enjoy it enough to listen fairly regularly

Too late I abandoned all hope as soon as you told me to. Well, time to continue my death march through this podcast.

I listened to another episode, it was very funny but I didn't enjoy it because I'm in total despair now.

Oh please, you've listened to every Digital Moncast, I assume that is just how you function.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    Folks were talking about not getting Diagon Alley and other puns last thread. I think it's time I admitted that it took a good 30 episodes for me to realize the stupid pun behind RoseBuddies.

Oh please, you've listened to every Digital Moncast, I assume that is just how you function.

That's completely wrong, I don't really "function."

in podcast news I've been listening to the first season of revolutions, about the English civil war. it may be influencing the tone and timbre of my posts

Ironic as I find nothing civil in all these hurt feelings you're causing.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Folks were talking about not getting Diagon Alley and other puns last thread. I think it's time I admitted that it took a good 30 episodes for me to realize the stupid pun behind RoseBuddies.

Ffffffff

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

Ffffffff

Uuuuuucccckkkkk

Ffffffff

Uuuuuucccckkkkk

iiiiiinnnnnn

(but only during Fantasy Suites)

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I wonder if we'll get a new Car Boys and Peacecraft today too

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Car Boys has been up for a while already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL5v9hUwLyc&t=619s

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    I wonder if we'll get a new Car Boys and Peacecraft today too

They have a schedule somewhere, but I couldn't find it just then

Monster factory and Touch the Skyrim alternate Fridays i think

Update: Nick just had to explain Axis Powers Hetalia to Griffin, despair was actually the right move.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

Ffffffff

Uuuuuucccckkkkk

oh like the sled!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular

Yo that sounds right up my alley, you got a link to that?

@Theodore Floosevelt I hope these changes are to your liking.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Tendon injury talk in this last Bombcast had me doing the "hah hah hah I'm laughing cause otherwise I'd be screaming" thing.

One of my mom's coworkers stepped off a curb and shattered her femur. They injected some kind of gel into the bone to help all the shards go back together, but she won't be able to put weight on it for at least two years.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I would like to petition the PodCzar to add Comedy Bang Bang to the list

CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I would like to petition the PodCzar to add Comedy Bang Bang to the list

An excellent suggestion. Originally I was uncertain where to place it, as it fell somewhat as an outlier from the Major Categories, but under the modified system it has its proper place.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    "Theodore Floosevelt" I hope these changes are to your liking.

I personally feel like the McElroys could pop up in any podcast, at any time in the future. I would like the post to reflect this possibility for each entry.

Turns out when you take just the @ out of a multi-word username, it makes the quoted post look pretty passive-aggressive and/or conspiratorial

Poorochondriac on
    "Theodore Floosevelt" I hope these changes are to your liking.

I personally feel like the McElroys could pop up in any podcast, at any time in the future. I would like the post to reflect this possibility for each entry.

Turns out when you take just the @ out of a multi-word username, it makes the quoted post look pretty passive-aggressive and/or conspiratorial

Really, "Poorochondriac"

IF THAT IS YOUR REAL NAME
    I mean I'm pretty sure it isn't and that'd be weird if it was

Owning a thread is hard work

cdci44qazyo3.gif

While a step in the right direction, the single asterisk doesn't properly convey the sense of risk. There's no McElroy affiliation yet.

Also none of the McElroy shows have been double-asterisked, which is just sloppy post maintenance imho

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular

Only if you give a shit.

I left the same dumb Totally Spies screen grab up the whole time and it was fiiiiiine.

X22wmuF.jpg

While a step in the right direction, the single asterisk doesn't properly convey the sense of risk. There's no McElroy affiliation yet.

Also none of the McElroy shows have been double-asterisked, which is just sloppy post maintenance imho

I am happy to do what I can in the interest of a good thread experience, but I did not want to insult anyone's intelligence with excessive labeling. Some degree of critical thinking and acceptance of risk is implicit in the Podcast Thread.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

turtleant wrote: »

Only if you give a shit.

I left the same dumb Totally Spies screen grab up the whole time and it was fiiiiiine.

But I do give a shit, turtle-bro. I care so much

cdci44qazyo3.gif

I am happy to do what I can in the interest of a good thread experience, but I did not want to insult anyone's intelligence with excessive labeling. Some degree of critical thinking and acceptance of risk is implicit in the Podcast Thread.

Well there's no need for sarcasm

Yo that sounds right up my alley, you got a link to that?

yeah I was actually gonna tell you about this last time we recorded bit i forgot, whoopsie. it's the history of rome fellow, mike duncan, and can be found in your podcast app of choice OR at:

http://www.revolutionspodcast.com/

(http://www.revolutionspodcast.com/page/17/ is where the first ep is, if you want to use the website)

and its RSS is: http://revolutionspodcast.libsyn.com/rss/

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Speaking of name puns.

In nier automata, does A2 betray you?

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream

Well there's no need for sarcasm

I realize I'm shooting my own network in the foot with this one

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    jaziek wrote: »
    Speaking of name puns.

In nier automata, does A2 betray you?

fuck, that's pretty good

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    "That's the coolest I've ever felt" - Dan Ryckert on catching a hotdog.

Peewi wrote: »
    "That's the coolest I've ever felt" - Dan Ryckert on catching a hotdog.

I mean, honestly, that was pretty fucking cool.

• jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    I'm glad they spent some time talking about 40s in today's beastcast, since they aren't really a thing here I didn't have a good frame of reference for how much alcohol was actually involved. Now that I know the ABV, and I bothered to look up how many floz were in a pint, I can now match it.

And this is a good setup. You've got a light buzz on for the last third of the film. It would suck to do at 4pm, for all the reasons they went over, but its a good way to spend an evening for sure.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I see they got a cardboard standee of Waypoint editor-in-chief Austin Walker

BahamutZERO.gif
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Does that make Austin GBEast's The Rock?

edit: It was good before, but he made the franchise GREAT.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Is there some place I could actually watch the films in order to listen to the podcasts?

I haven't seen a single Fast and Furious film, and I want to, but I don't know where I could for free/little cost/stream.

This discussion has been closed.