As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Trump Cabinet] thread

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Watch them call that agent an "Obama White House holdover"

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Given Secret Service's seeming general sloppiness and the increased number of threats, it's kind of shocking we've avoided a tragedy.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    How hard would it be to get TT floor plans anyway?

Security detail info would be a big deal, but if heist movies have taught me anything, it's that you can just go to the courthouse and get floor plans for anything.

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    I can't tell if Trump is intentionally humiliating his VA secretary or this sort of thing is purely accidental:

NBC Reporter:

Shulkin was an Obama appointee, he might as well be dirt to Trump.

Begs the question of why he appointed him, but still.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

Security detail info would be a big deal, but if heist movies have taught me anything, it's that you can just go to the courthouse and get floor plans for anything.

Heist movies don't also involve robbing a sitting president.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Didn't they kidnap the President in a National Treasure movie?

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    WSJ editor:

Good old fashioned nepotism. His background included defending corporate clients so his attitude towards that sort of thing is going to be obvious.

Couscous on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    it's so fucking blatant.

("drain the swamp!")

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I can't even get mad anymore. It's not like they're going to face any consequences from this.

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2017

Didn't they kidnap the President in a National Treasure movie?

Didn't he once stated ; "We need some Bad dudes!"

I mean, since the Secret Service did just lose a laptop? Openings should be available soon?

And Conway's husband Civil department? I'm shocked to see gambling going here in the administration.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    WSJ editor:

Good old fashioned nepotism. His background included defending corporate clients so his attitude towards that sort of thing is going to be obvious.

I believe he was one of the chaser's of Clinton's penis. How he met Kellyanne, I think.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I can't figure out which thread this story belongs to, so I'll put it here as I guess it comes under White House Staff.

A secret service agent has had their laptop (containing plans of Trump Tower) stolen from their car. BBC news have just started to carry the story.

The NYPD have released a description of the suspect: Black Male, 6'1", wearing a tailored suit, previous President of the United States

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    I work for a company that has secure info on laptops and they get stolen from time to time. Any admin worth their salt should have a TPM/Bitlocker combo set up to keep the HDD data safe.

I wouldn't sweat a stolen laptop too much.

Unless the idiot wrote his username and password on a yellow sticky note with the system, then a new job opening wouldn't surprise me.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Obama wasn't 6'11"

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Edith_Bagot-DixEdith_Bagot-Dix Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Obama wasn't 6'11"

He is in Trump's mind.

Also on Steam and PSN: twobadcats
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Obama wasn't 6'11"

Also technically @Hakkekage has 6 feet, 11 feet.

Anyhow, I second the question - are blueprints of TT not already easy to get?

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    Obama wasn't 6'11"

Also technically @Hakkekage has 6 feet, 11 feet.

Anyhow, I second the question - are blueprints of TT not already easy to get?

I doubt they're as easy to get as you think but I'd also point out that the Secret Service often makes changes to enhance security and those will definitely not be publicly available.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Space PickleSpace Pickle Registered User regular
    halkun wrote: »
    I work for a company that has secure info on laptops and they get stolen from time to time. Any admin worth their salt should have a TPM/Bitlocker combo set up to keep the HDD data safe.

Unless the idiot wrote his username and password on a yellow sticky note with the system, then a new job opening wouldn't surprise me.

Trump's password is probably "1-2-3-4"

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular

More like "Hey, assistant, what's my password?"

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Donald Trump's password is definitely Donald Trump

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

ILUVPU10

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    KiplingKipling Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

Imagine the creepiest thing related to Ivanka. That's the password.

I was always told to not leave laptops in unattended spaces as part of the govt security training.

3DS Friends: 1693-1781-7023
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular

Worse, many old people whose computers I've worked on have their password taped to, written on, or (not kidding) engraved into the laptop.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Let's get back on topic to Cabinet members please.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Rex Tillerson does not understand the point of press access to public officials. It's not about you!

Tillerson: ‘I’m not a big media press access person’
    Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Saturday stood by his decision not to allow a pool reporter to travel with him on his Asia trip, calling himself “not a big media press access person.”

Erin McPike of the right-leaning Independent Journal Review — the only reporter selected by State to travel with Tillerson — pressed the diplomat about his decision in an interview.
    “I’m not a big media press access person. I personally don’t need it. … When we’re ready to talk about what we’re trying to do, I will be available to talk to people. But doing daily availability, I don’t have this appetite or hunger to be that.”

He added: “When I have something important and useful to say, I know where everybody is and I know how to go out there and say it.”

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Surprise, asshole.

You're a politician now! That means that regardless of whether or not you give access, the press are going to be covering you, daily

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Rex Tillerson does not understand the point of press access to public officials. It's not about you!

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Saturday stood by his decision not to allow a pool reporter to travel with him on his Asia trip, calling himself “not a big media press access person.”

Erin McPike of the right-leaning Independent Journal Review — the only reporter selected by State to travel with Tillerson — pressed the diplomat about his decision in an interview.
    “I’m not a big media press access person. I personally don’t need it. … When we’re ready to talk about what we’re trying to do, I will be available to talk to people. But doing daily availability, I don’t have this appetite or hunger to be that.”

He added: “When I have something important and useful to say, I know where everybody is and I know how to go out there and say it.”

LOL. What?? Oh no, the public could not possibly have any interest in the operations of our nation's leading diplomat; no no, the press is just offering access to you as a favor, to help you out with your messaging, you know. Christ.

I also recognize this attitude....painfully. This is Rex not adjusting from his CEO expectation that all press people are the same as the people who run your Comms department and all the press and media appearances they encourage you to do have one objective only, to improve your image. Add this to the pile of evidence that putting business people in government often leads to them running government exactly like a business, that is, with narrow interests, narrow objectives and the fatheaded perspective that everyone else exists to support you.

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »

LOL. What?? Oh no, the public could not possibly have any interest in the operations of our nation's leading diplomat; no no, the press is just offering access to you as a favor, to help you out with your messaging, you know. Christ.

I also recognize this attitude....painfully. This is Rex not adjusting from his CEO expectation that all press people are the same as the people who run your Comms department and all the press and media appearances they encourage you to do have one objective only, to improve your image. Add this to the pile of evidence that putting business people in government often leads to them running government exactly like a business, that is, with narrow interests, narrow objectives and the fatheaded perspective that everyone else exists to support you.

Nobody could have predicted...

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I can't figure out which thread this story belongs to, so I'll put it here as I guess it comes under White House Staff.

A secret service agent has had their laptop (containing plans of Trump Tower) stolen from their car. BBC news have just started to carry the story.

The NYPD have released a description of the suspect: Black Male, 6'1", wearing a tailored suit, previous President of the United States

Just wait for Trump to actually tweet this.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Ahaha, he actually thinks it's for his sake.

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Too bad we lost the corruption thread because it very much goes under there, but since this was a rule change by the Department of Education by Betty DeVos, I think it counts here too: Obama admin restrictions on student loan debt collection fees has been revoked. The son of the guy in the W Bush admin who changed loan rules to allow for-profit colleges to more easily scalp federal financial aid from poor students joined the Dept of Education (said son was also a lobbyist for those for-profit colleges) and the rule has been revoked, so debt collectors can collect fees on students who defaulted on their loans, even if they're in a repayment program.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Tom Price is apparently sending his employees emails notifying them that he is just the greatest you guys please everyone take note.

Personally I think they should email him back questions about the president's apparent problem with chronic oral flatulence.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Zibblsnrt wrote: »

That is a hell of a first paragraph.
    The political appointee charged with keeping watch over Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt and his aides has offered unsolicited advice so often that after just four weeks on the job, Pruitt has shut him out of many staff meetings, according to two senior administration officials.

Even his flunky finds it overbearing.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

Well thank god I was afraid that he'd actually be giving a lot of speeches during his term, but he appears to be preparing to sew his mouth shut instead.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Political officers worked so well for the Reds, right?

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Political officers worked so well for the Reds, right?

They did, if the goal is to ensure loyalty at any cost of operational efficiency.

• Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    Zibblsnrt wrote: »
    “If you drain the swamp, you better have someone who watches over the alligators,” Gingrich said. “These people are actively trying to undermine the new government. And they think it’s their moral obligation to do so.”

Oh do go fuck yourself Newt.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular

Ivanka is getting security clearance

For her job as... daughter?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »

Ivanka is getting security clearance

For her job as... daughter?

That is some pretty bold nepotism.

Trump must be getting really paranoid. He's bringing in people he can trust. His family.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
This discussion has been closed.