As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Switching to [STEAM] could save you 15% or more!

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    christ, getting flashbacks of some traumatic run ending explosions

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    started xcom2 on the difficulty before impossible and lost two on the first mission

im taking jedocs post and doing it in reverse order because you all did sign up for this

also forgot how much I liked xcom

icGJy2C.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    My favorite part of Dawn of War 2 is how the campaign wasn't actually an RTS at all

I hear Dawn of War 3 is supposed to be more RTS'y, so I doubt I'll love it nearly as much

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Why would the aliens bring us cars powered by water/caesium reactions, and store the fuel tanks next to eachother so bullets easily puncture both?!

VRXwDW7.png
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I lost my DoW2 save before I hit campaign end. Been meaning to try a Chaos Rising csmpaign for about 2 years now, but it never quite makes it to the front of the backlog.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Dawn of war 2 retribution ork campaigns is top tier

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Hit my first winter in Stardew Valley.

How're you liking it?

It's pretty great!

b1ehrMM.gif
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I didn't like the Retribution campaigns nearly as much, despite wanting to in theory because literally every other faction in 40k is more interesting than Space Marines.

They try to straddle a weird fence between Actual RTS and DoW2's Secretly Just A CRPG campaign, and I don't think it works very well.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    haha I died on the boss at the end of the demo/tutorial area of nier and got ending W and had to restart the whole game and do the whole factory level over again
    I feel like maybe it should let you save before that point but yoko taro gonna yoko taro vOv

BahamutZERO.gif
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    protip: don't do the intro on hard or very hard your first time around

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    I was on normal, it wasn't hard except the one move that killed me. When I got back to that point again the boss never used that move again either.
    in the first stage of the goliath where it's just the two excavator arms attacking you before they attach to the main body, they did a horizontal sweeping attack together and I got wedged between them and comboed to death after my auto-item went off but before it could go off again. Maybe auto-item has a cooldown or something. I was totally sucking ass at using dodge and maneuvering though.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Auto-item has no cool down

It triggers only if you're below 30% health

If a single attack does more damage than you have health, you will just die

IKknkhU.gif
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Sooooo who will be playing Dawn of War 3 when it comes out?

How much like 2 is it? I preferred the first one.

Yeah, if it's more like the first one and less like the second one, that'd be great. Of course, if it had necrons in it that'd be even better...

The second one had imperial guard so it was good there. But it was too micromanagement focused on the hero units.

From what I've seen it seems like they took the first two and kinda smushed them together and then added giant war machines.

I am way in to that.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I think at launch it's only going to have space marines, orks, and eldar

but you can bet they'll add more later

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's pretty much how that goes.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    ignore this post

DarkPrimus on
    What post.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    PR1MUS 1S TH1S YOU
    latest?cb=20150318191116

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    IGNORE ME

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    IGNORE ME

pip.jpg~original

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    PapisttheFair

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

also, you can mash dodge like a motherfucker through a lot of attacks

liEt3nH.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    PapisttheFair

oh god no

not that guy

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2017
    apparently Wartile, the rad looking game that had a failed kickstarter, just went up on Early Access, and it's fucking dope

it's hella early access, so it's got jank aplenty, but it's a super solid concept and I like what little of the execution I've seen so far

edit: tossing in their early access launch trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhcEtOhzHVc

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    I've been messing with Ascension a bit over the past two days. Just against the AI; nothing involved.

I, er, I kinda broke the game.
    about here I just started giggling
    then I managed to get the main deck down to 0
    the score screen is what you'd expect.

DID SOMEONE LOSE A BABY
    Stilts wrote: »

also, you can mash dodge like a motherfucker through a lot of attacks

yeah I'm still getting used to the controls, fucking up 90% of my dodges

BahamutZERO.gif
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    sjqol3bs5tql.png

Nerf Brolo.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    with the blue armor I feel more like a sonic the hedgehog than a naruto

BahamutZERO.gif
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Sonic?

http://imgur.com/sfxeKEg

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Sonic?

http://imgur.com/sfxeKEg

Speed of Sound Sonic (lol)

JtgVX0H.png
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    apparently Wartile, the rad looking game that had a failed kickstarter, just went up on Early Access, and it's fucking dope

it's hella early access, so it's got jank aplenty, but it's a super solid concept and I like what little of the execution I've seen so far

That looks amazing... but why real time? Gimme that turn-based goodness!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    sjqol3bs5tql.png

Nerf Brolo.

pfft, my kills per mission is better. I just need to take the occasional day off because I'm hemorrhaging blood awesome.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    I've been messing with Ascension a bit over the past two days. Just against the AI; nothing involved.

I, er, I kinda broke the game.
    about here I just started giggling
    then I managed to get the main deck down to 0
    the score screen is what you'd expect.

What did you do?

What's the blue square? I haven't bought expansions in a while.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Some of you have BahumetZERO's healing hands to thank for your continued existence. Granted, he's also the one who activated pods of aliens on the squad's last turn through a Rube Golbergesque series of narrow doors and windows, twice. And he did get mind controlled and shoot Dubh right in the gizzard at one point. But he did a lot of healing, too!

Also, please note that after nearly three months in the field, Brolo's sad little lip-fuzz has finally blossomed into a glorious 'Nam stache. Mazeltov, buddy.

qubzl02t1syt.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    HELL YES RANDY CREEPERSTACHE

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

That looks amazing... but why real time? Gimme that turn-based goodness!

watching a stream of it now

most of it is countdown based, so it's not quite real-time

more like active time battle, but I think most turn based players could get used to it

edited March 2017
    So, the reviewer references MOBAs at one point because there are "lanes" on this map. Yeah my dude, Dawn of War has been doing that for a while now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyUHMUKRZ5Q&feature=youtu.be

It looks real good, time to bust out some DoWII I think.

Tonkka on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    I have gone from hoping you all die so I can get in the action to hoping you all die because I am a bitter, bitter man

haha "bogey"

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.