As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Orbfest and Fest banner 2 live! Purple Monkey Dishwasher.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Alright, I decided Vanille's Burst would be more immediately useful than Raines's, so threw the 50 Mythril I had earmarked for 13-2 at 13-1 instead.

I didn't get it, of course, but I did get:
    Lightning BSB2, which is super solid and a better source of Lightning Imperil than Fran's that I already have.
    Fang EnWind SSB (+wind bangle)
    Fang Atk/Mag break

Those two combo really well for damage, or just use the latter for utility. Agrias may find herself off the team once Fang hits 99, and Lightning might've just earned herself a MC3 lode as well, since if/when I try for Raines BSB next time it's on Light's USB banner.

So an objectively good pull, but I missed the goal item (still no healer BSB at all). I'm giving up on Vanille for now, since it's super long odds pulling again and getting any Sazh stuff or any of four dipes would be soul crushing. Maybe one of the (Un)Lucky draws will surprise me with it.

Are you negaverse me? I wasn't really looking for Vanille's Burst and got it and I wanted the stuff you got and didn't get all that. I mean Vanille's Burst has probably been a billion times more useful, but still.

It's quite possible. There were definitely a few people shooting for Light's stuff up thread.

I wonder how this game world be if people could trade relics.

Everything would be way worse because they would need to account for whales distorting the 'economy'. I kinda doubt we'd have gotten G5 if you could just trade.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Alright, I decided Vanille's Burst would be more immediately useful than Raines's, so threw the 50 Mythril I had earmarked for 13-2 at 13-1 instead.

I didn't get it, of course, but I did get:
    Lightning BSB2, which is super solid and a better source of Lightning Imperil than Fran's that I already have.
    Fang EnWind SSB (+wind bangle)
    Fang Atk/Mag break

Those two combo really well for damage, or just use the latter for utility. Agrias may find herself off the team once Fang hits 99, and Lightning might've just earned herself a MC3 lode as well, since if/when I try for Raines BSB next time it's on Light's USB banner.

So an objectively good pull, but I missed the goal item (still no healer BSB at all). I'm giving up on Vanille for now, since it's super long odds pulling again and getting any Sazh stuff or any of four dipes would be soul crushing. Maybe one of the (Un)Lucky draws will surprise me with it.

Are you negaverse me? I wasn't really looking for Vanille's Burst and got it and I wanted the stuff you got and didn't get all that. I mean Vanille's Burst has probably been a billion times more useful, but still.

It's quite possible. There were definitely a few people shooting for Light's stuff up thread.

I wonder how this game world be if people could trade relics.

Everything would be way worse because they would need to account for whales distorting the 'economy'. I kinda doubt we'd have gotten G5 if you could just trade.

Yeah as much as I would love to give Vanille's BSB to a happy home, I really think that it would be for the worse over all. Rates only work because you have to keep chasing to find it. I have sucked out into relics people probably spent stupid amounts of cash on. Cash they wouldn't have spent if they could have just nabbed it off me for something common that I actually wanted.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    You know, with all the talk about Vanille's BSB, I was actually annoyed when I first pulled it on the Black Friday BSB lucky draw. I had damn near every healer BSB besides Relm's at that point, including Eiko's (which I got a dupe of along with Vanille's). Eiko was supposed to be the centerpiece of my physical team! Vanille spent probably a month sidelined while I used Aerith and Yuna (overheal SSB). How things change.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    You know, with all the talk about Vanille's BSB, I was actually annoyed when I first pulled it on the Black Friday BSB lucky draw. I had damn near every healer BSB besides Relm's at that point, including Eiko's (which I got a dupe of along with Vanille's). Eiko was supposed to be the centerpiece of my physical team! Vanille spent probably a month sidelined while I used Aerith and Yuna (overheal SSB). How things change.

Agreed. I got Eiko's BSB in the Black Friday BSB draw, and I was all excited for about a month because of the crit stacking with Shout and OK BSB - once I got Asylum I was on perma-catgirl mode and never looked back.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Was on the fence about pulling on banner 2 here...
    but 100 gemmed into Josef's hastega.

So nah.

E:
    I guess (eventually) for the Torment CM, I've got:
    Firion's BSB
    Josef's Hastega
    Leon's Sentinnel
    Maria's Faithga (meh)
    Gordon's AoE Atk/Mag break and Atk/Mag boost + PBlink

Then again, if I left Leon at home, that would give me the freedom to RW Maria's BSB onto her with two Mag boosts, and an assload of mitigation between Firion and Gordon. I think I can likely take it.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    100 gems: argh give me a break! Couldn't you give me something game? Now I have to throw piles of Mythril at this banner (next Sunday).

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    100 gems: Gordon BSB.

I am going to strike out on all the anniversary banners now aren't I?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    I'm F2P so I don't have that many 8*

I got
    Platinum Sword
    Heroic Shield (I got FOUR of these while pulling for Onion Knight's relic.. at least I actually got his gauntlet :D)
    Gold Sword
    Witch Hat

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Got Gordon's BSB from the mythril pull, really wanted Maria's

• Options
    BaywatchDaveBaywatchDave Northern VirginiaRegistered User regular
    I have been taking Josef through FFII events and dungeons as well as running the low stamina events to get double attack for ever. Finally just dropped. He is level 57. I don't even need it anymore, it was just a completion thing.

Oh and I got in a great FFXIII raid for those sweet sweet wisdom motes 4*. Welcome to black 5 Quistis.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Arubboth Emperor is a jerk.

He used his Dispelga. I re-upped Shellga just after his Slowga (another jerk tactic) landed.

He immediately uses Dispelga again, then slowga, then Starfall, before Rosa gets another action.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Yeah having trouble with the u++. Was trying Raines BSB rw but going to try a status blink rw instead. Can't do anything while slowed.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Motherfucking Counter-Haste!

• Options
    edited March 2017
    He does the dispel/slow/(holy/meteor) thing at 70% and 40% according to the Japan AI thread. The Global one still hasn't even updated with the +/++/+++ battles yet. Good battle to RW Hastening Gift if you can swing it.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Argh.

What is the hit-chance on his Slowga? Is it worth it to try bringing Affliction Break?

Maybe I should just bring Vaan and debuff his Magic, so that- oh wait. Holy. ARGH.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Yeah changing nothing else I was able to one shot it with vanillas USB as RW

One medal for damage and Kyla died but he had just used his last ability and only has default sb so no loss there.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    *takes a party based on negating his magic damage*

*this one time, he does his physical AOE 3 times in a row*

• Options
    Man, what the fuck even is Josef's SSB?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAzkUuqdcHA

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    It's a reference to how he gives the party the Snowcraft that lets them cross the snowfield to get to the cavern where the Goddess Bell can be found.

At least it wasn't another reference to his death, eh?

Beat the Arubboth Emperor. Vanille's Convalescence was indeed instrumental to making that fight possible. Getting Slowed is a death knell in that fight.

Enlong on
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    U++ was annoying as hell because of the dispel + slowga spam. I brute forced it by stocking up and back loading all my damage so if it doesn't matter if I got slowed. BSBs would reapply the hastega plus the initial damages obliterated the last 40%

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    I give up Apoc, you're the boss of me this round.

Too many Tromps in a row or people eating KO from Ultimate Tromp or people getting confused/slept/blinded at the wrong times or bad connections or struggling to find the right comp or doing it without a Dancer or any number of reasons.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Protip: Do Not AoE the Second and Third Waves of Horsies

• Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Protip: Do Not AoE the Second and Third Waves of Horsies

Why not? Honest question because I cleared Apoc solo using Yolo Raine BSB + a summoner to AoE the packs down

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Because the third wave interrupts with massive aoe that delays and instant KOs, and all four do it at once

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So as a note I will not be running MP this week on Monday. I'll probably wait until Thursday when it's the White Orb phase.

• Options
    So you'd suggest burning them down one by one? I don't quite understand why wouldn't you annihilate them with a full alpha of AoE right off the bat and skip them spamming their AoE or attacks or whatnot. Just kill them in one strike. The last one has enough HP to survive the AoE barrage so you can recover and then blast them again with a queued AoE alpha strike.

Unless they counter-spam if you AoE them which I don't think I noticed?

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Yeah, I cleared 160 and 200 Apoc horsies last night too. Both times the strat was "load up on magic AoE/+MAG SBs".

Getting 3 hits out of Alphinaud with Tiamat, let me tell you...

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    So what is everyone hoping to get on the three lucky draws + Ultros select this week? Here's my top 5s, taking into account the average is ~2.3 relics per pull, and the expected is 1 (duplicate of an existing relic).

Curaga+ LD:
    1. Vanille BSB
    2. Eiko BSB
    3. Rosa BSB
    4. Aerith BSB
    5. Aerith USB (or Yuna's Miracle Veil if Umbrella isn't in the pool).
    Honorable Mention: I'd be ecstatic if I got Y'shtola BSB here, but there's a chance for it on Ultros Select as well.

EnElement LD:
    1. Maria BSB
    2. Alphinaud BSB
    3. Refia BSB
    4. Ashe BSB
    5. Kain BSB
    Honorable Mention: Ayame BSB when?! :bigfrown: Also Cloud BSB, but it's on the Cloud USB banner I'm planning on pulling for

BSB only:
    (obviously anything I'd be happy with from the first two banners I'd be happy getting here. My list here is stuff specific to this banner only)
    1. Raines BSB
    2. Fujin BSB
    3. Firion BSB
    4. Zell BSB
    5. Setzer BSB (if it's in the pool) otherwise Relm BSB
    Honorable Mention: any healer BSB with a Medica command, Orlando BSB (for if I happen to also get his OSB), Fran BSB (acceptable in case no Setzer's BSB)

Ultros Select:
    1. Y'shtola BSB
    2. Any of the physical OSBs
    3. Terra's OSB
    4. Aerith BSB
    5. Pecil BSB
    Mostly just hoping for Y'shtola BSB, though any OSB or BSB w/medica command would be nice since I have zero to date of either.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    According to the AI script, in each wave, the Black Knights have this for counterattacks:
    - Lower left: 30% counter anything with Attack
    - Upper right: 20% counter anything with Attack
    - Upper left: 100% counter PHY with Protect
    - Lower right: 100% counter BLK with Shell

The part that looks like murder is that all of the knights in Wave 2 are forced to NAT AOE big phys damage + interrupt or death every fourth turn, and in Wave 3 they do it every third turn. And on their other turns, they're trying to sleep/blind/confuse you. So AOE definitely looks like the way to go so you can hopefully blow away the weak knights before their synchronized AOE interrupt (and wear Instant KO resist so you hopefully don't get wrecked by the Ultimate Tromp from the strong knight).

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    According to the AI script, in each wave, the Black Knights have this for counterattacks:

The part that looks like murder is that all of the knights in Wave 2 are forced to NAT AOE big phys damage + interrupt or death every fourth turn, and in Wave 3 they do it every third turn. And on their other turns, they're trying to sleep/blind/confuse you. So AOE definitely looks like the way to go so you can hopefully blow away the weak knights before their synchronized AOE interrupt (and wear Instant KO resist so you hopefully don't get wrecked by the Ultimate Tromp from the strong knight).

A possible use for Fujin's AoE Status break (.75 instead of .5)?

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Ok so I haven't been online much over the weekened to keep up with this thread. But I'm still a bit confused by that discussion we had last Friday about apology mithril.

I guess the magic number was 15 mithril that everyone should get, which was the original 9, plus apology mithril for all the mishaps along the way? So if I only got 10 mithril, do they still owe me 5 more?

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod

I was thinking about that. Does anyone know their base affliction chance?

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    So what is everyone hoping to get on the three lucky draws + Ultros select this week? Here's my top 5s, taking into account the average is ~2.3 relics per pull, and the expected is 1 (duplicate of an existing relic).
    Curaga LD:
    Not actually sure if I'm rolling on this one. Really just want:
    1. Vanille BSB
    2. Eiko BSB
    3. Aerith USB

EnElement LD:
    1. Alphinaud BSB
    2. Fujin BSB
    3. Maria BSB
    4. Cid (VII) BSB/Cloud BSB

Tie between those last two. Cid's is a little better, but Cloud is a generally more useful character, especially for future considerations.

BSB LD:
    1. Onion Knight BSB
    2. Alphinaud BSB
    3. Fujin BSB
    4. Maria BSB
    5. Orlandeau BSB

Kinda doubting that Setzer's will be in the pool, but he'd be on here somewhere if so.

Ultros Select (or whatever they are calling it):
    1. Onion Knight BSB
    2. Squall OSB
    3. Cloud OSB
    4. Lightning OSB
    5. Onion Knight SSB

Hey look, it's the entire list of non duplicates. Actually wouldn't mind getting a dupe of Terra's sword, though...

• Options
    A steak! wrote: »

I was thinking about that. Does anyone know their base affliction chance?

Per the AI on reddit, 63%. Three of the knights do regular Tromp (that interrupts), which the Strong Knight does Ultimate Tromp, which pierces DEF and causes Instant KO.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    It looks like phys darkness got just the skill it needs in Japan. 2 hits, 3x mod (so somewhat reasonably 3.6 to 5.1) and heal 20%. So you can Lifesiphon into an enDark and keep your HP up while doing good damage, or alternate it with Sanguine Cross. Not bad!

• Options
    Wait does Fujin's BSB also give her EnWind? I thought it was just the MAG/RES break, and you needed her SSB to get the EnWind combo?

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Wait does Fujin's BSB also give her EnWind? I thought it was just the MAG/RES break, and you needed her SSB to get the EnWind combo?

It does not. Your understanding is correct.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular

I think it'd probably be better to just use an AOE damage SB to contribute to making them dead, rather than using a party blink plus slightly reduced status chance, but I guess it could work. The weak knights have a mere 46k each, shouldn't take that much to blow through it.

• Options
    A steak! wrote: »
    It looks like phys darkness got just the skill it needs in Japan. 2 hits, 3x mod (so somewhat reasonably 3.6 to 5.1) and heal 20%. So you can Lifesiphon into an enDark and keep your HP up while doing good damage, or alternate it with Sanguine Cross. Not bad!

Alternating Sanguine Cross and Drain Hit seems like a stellar combo on the level of ChainCharging, vs. anything that's at least neutral to Dark. I might actually consider R3ing both when it comes out in six months (although that would be a LOT of Dark Orbs).

• Options
    edited March 2017
    enElement:
    1: Ultima Blade
    2: Lilith Rod
    3: Shura Gloves
    4: Ashe's Defiance
    5: Oversoul

Hmmmm.... there's something about those picks... they're all BSBs...
    And yes, the old antiquated Oversoul for Tifa. Because it's Tifa. And it's enEarth for a physical damage dealer. Still haven't given up on getting Ashe's Defiance though by now it's degraded a lot due to age and it's pure Lightning damage.

BSB:
    1: Enkindler
    2: Rikku's Dagger
    3: Lightbringer
    4: Enhancer
    5: Kaiser Knuckles

Obviously the enElements double up on this lucky draw. Enkindler because Lightning etc etc... Rikku's Dagger because Rikku. Lightbringer because Imperil holy and options. Enhancer would be a neat addition to an nascent Imperil Fire team and finally Kaiser Knuckles because Yda.

Ultros - Managed Democracy!
    1: Gladius
    2: Excalibur - INDONESIAN BLADE!
    3: Blood Sword
    4: Punishment
    5: Wizer Rod

Wait, what?! Wizer rod?!?! Yeap, healer BSB which gives me an option for Nemesis. I know I shouldn't be pulling for Nemesis, but it'll be really awesome to get it and give me options down the track for party comps. Gladius is #1 because Lightning and I want a really stacked Lightning. Indonesian Blade simply because I want to try to break some fights, and the remaining two slots filled with OSBs as stat sticks for the most part. Squall's over Cloud's because I aim to get a beefed up Squall with his BSB2 down the track.

Curaga+
    I'm not sure if I want to pull on this banner TBH.... I've got some really strong ones already and really, the only ones that I'd want would be BSBs as I don't have any use for pure single shot Curaga Medicas. Getting the Umbrella for USB stat-stick stats would be nice but there isn't enough on the banner that makes me want to toss 25 mythril I could be banking for stuff I actually want. And chances are, I'm going to get a duplicate Healing Staff or Crescent Wish. I count 9/19 which would be acceptable. The rest would be dupes or worst yet, totally undesirable due to a bad item type that can't be effectively used as stat sticks.

Takel on
This discussion has been closed.