As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] FFBE Story Event. Spend tons of NRG, get modest amounts of materials.

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Tried ELT a few times. Even got him to 5% once. That being said, if Ling doesn't land her break then it's pretty likely it's going to wipe and quickly. I had him use that AOE attack something like 3-4 times in one turn and it just destroyed the team.

• ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    I'm mainly in it for the easy rank xp. I got some Minfilias and I don't ned Y'sthola, I'm only rank 74, so it's pretty great for me while I farm TM's.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I've been playing this off ad's on for awhile, still pretty green but if you want to friend me my id is: 668,632,216

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I don't NEED Y'shtola, I mean I have Refia and Luka already

But goddamnit I WANT Y'shtola

Also need to at least craft Minfilia's gear, because if nothing else it gives her a bunch of HP and MP, and her sword has defensive stats on it.

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Y'shtola is actually used more in Japan because a pure damage cut is one of the single best defense things in the game. Refia doesn't really have much going for her that's actually unique. She's solid but easily replaceable. Y'shtola is a bit more niche but when you need a 50% all damage cut you aren't really picking up too many healers that offer that.

steam_sig.png
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Well I officially can't complain anymore, my 1/2 pull this morning got me a Noctis. Time to switch up the cast in my TMR farm crew and wait for Dunes or another Mog event.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I finally pulled my first Warrior of Light, so I guess that's something. He'll eventually be really useful.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    My half pull got me... Second Chizuru! Not too shabby

Anyone get their apology refund for the daily draws the 10th-14th yet?

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    I got two refunded. thats probably all i did since i wasnt really regularly daily pulling at that time.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I think I received all 4 of mine last week? It was shortly after the announcements.

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So, a few questions about specific characters.
    Noctis:
    Is Warp Break always going to be his best attack against a single target? even if the break is already applied?
    Gilgamesh:
    Is Snowpetal going to always be superior to tri-attack even on a single target?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Aaand I got a second catgirl from the draw.

Alongside 6 more Thancreds.

ztrEPtD.gif
    I believe Warp Break would be mainly for this: Physical damage (2.5x) with ignore DEF (40%) to one enemy. The biggest drawback seems to be it's MP cost.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    azith28 wrote: »
    Noctis:
    Is Warp Break always going to be his best attack against a single target? even if the break is already applied?
    Gilgamesh:

Snowpetal is 3.6x to Tri-Attack's 3.0x, but the latter has 3 hits so is better to use for chaining vs single targets with a friend Gilgamesh. And costs less mana.

Noctis' Warp Break is his best attack against single targets, the ATK/DEF break is just icing.

Rius on
    azith28 wrote: »
    Noctis:
    Gilgamesh:

Yes on both.
    http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Mechanics#Unmitigated_Damage

Warp Break is 2.5 with 40% ignore def, so effectively 4.17.
    http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Noctis

Snow Petal is 1.8 with 50% ignore def, so effectively 3.6. Tri attack is just a straight 3.0
    http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Gilgamesh

ztrEPtD.gif
    Tri attack is purely for chaining. Even in JP he has an enhancement for it that increases the hit count to 12 but keeps the overall damage the same.

edited March 2017
    Got sooooo close to beating ELT Ifrit and then my breaks stopped breaking so well. Still not a lost cause since those almost victories are so much more rewarding than PRO victories and don't take too much time (I burn Ifrit down pretty quickly with a 1k ATK Olive friend with my Olive applying the Lightning debuff). If my Olive was TMR'd I could realistically kill ELT Ifrit in ~4 turns with a similarly decked out friend.

If I had even one Dualcast this would be a lot simpler, since a lot of my near misses were due to not having enough healing to sustain while juggling buffs/debuffs. To help on that end I did pull a dualcast 5% Moogle that I can throw at one of my many Ludmilles.

Cruor on
    As someone who is still low level, Rank 18, whats a good way to farm up some XP for my dudes?

• tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    As someone who is still low level, Rank 18, whats a good way to farm up some XP for my dudes?

How far are you in the story?

1. Run Cactuar Dunes when it is available in the vortex
    2. Farm king mog events and buy gargantuars
    3. Run Miranda Coast exploration w/ powerful AOE friend unit like Exdeath

steam_sig.png
    Noctis with Odin is great as a carrier in Timber Tracks. Just Bladeblitz until you get to about 50mp and then do Warp Point. The boss(es) are weak to Fire Flask, so they won't cause an issue.

I don't know how long the story is but I am at Wolfsfang Peak in Lanzelt

I would work on the story then. You are about 1/4-1/3 of the way through what is available now. Are you having trouble with story missions and the current characters you have? What characters do you have?

Have you checked out the google doc on the first post and added some people from this thread as friends? Then you can use their more powerful units.

steam_sig.png
    tsmvengy wrote: »

I would work on the story then. You are about 1/4-1/3 of the way through what is available now. Are you having trouble with story missions and the current characters you have? What characters do you have?

Have you checked out the google doc on the first post and added some people from this thread as friends? Then you can use their more powerful units.

A lot of us are likely full because it nags at you constantly if you're not.

ztrEPtD.gif
    @Rius

Looks like whoever started the google doc has trashed it. I made a copy and everyone can access it here:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HfEIPxz_tV42C8dhfSiuVsWJ_f2YQhXiNg5BwiuJCik/edit?usp=sharing

steam_sig.png
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Thanks; I thought I'd fixed that problem but it looks like I only did so for the FFRK thread. Updated the OP with your spreadsheet link.

@tsmvengy Could you open the spreadsheet up to be edited?

Cruor wrote: »
    tsmvengy Could you open the spreadsheet up to be edited?

Done!

steam_sig.png

I currently have 5 Star Delitia as my leader, Thancrad, Milfina, 3 star Cecil, and a 4 star Exdeath

I am starting to get to a point where the NPCs can kill most of my guys, not Delitia though. Hes a boss.

What other characters do you have? From my experience I usually have 2 teams, one magic and one melee. Each group had a tank and a healer with 3 others of the same type. Cecil is a great tank (just need to level him up a bit).

edited March 2017

I currently have 5 Star Delitia as my leader, Thancrad, Milfina, 3 star Cecil, and a 4 star Exdeath

I am starting to get to a point where the NPCs can kill most of my guys, not Delitia though. Hes a boss.

Yes, you probably need to work on leveling and awakening Cecil and Exdeath, and leveling/awakening a healer. That way you can keep your people alive!

Minfilia is probably not going to be super-useful for you right now, except maybe on big boss stages. For regular story missions you'd be better off bringing someone who can do more damage.

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    As completely unimpressive as Thancred's TM is, I appreciate how easy it is to get a bunch of them during this event. Just finished my 3rd, and I'm sure I could easily get a few more before the raid is done. I'm just going to replace all my ATK 10% with Follower's Oaths, which just becomes the default materia for attackers until I get more powerful ones from TMs or missions.

I'm surprised how awful Minfilia's TM is, considering her sort of rarity.

Magus` wrote: »
    I'm surprised how awful Minfilia's TM is, considering her sort of rarity.

And especially since we weren't supposed to get her until months later.

But most TMs are going to be pretty awful going forward. The best budget ones are behind us. The future has mostly meh aside from the occasional thing found on 5* bases.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Got my third Chiz from daily today, pretty awesome. Now all I need is a pair of Leons and I'll be done with my main DD tm's.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I just want a Y'Shtola so I can get rid of these 18 Y'Shtola Moogles :(

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    I finally got a Y'shtola.

From hitting 1.2 million points. I then instantly got her TMR from fusing 20 of her moogles into her.

Well, that frees up some inventory!

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
    Are we gonna get to level 22? Let's see!

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Finished up Power of Creation today, so Greg has crested 800ATK. Still working on Shine and Gaff's TMs, but that should leave him in a pretty comfortable position.

Is there a cool down on friends?

Is there a cool down on friends?

3 hours

This discussion has been closed.