As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

TRI-COUNTY WRESTLING: The Road to Fight At The Fair 2017

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    "The Head Turner" Hedley "Hed" Turner
    The Time Bomb

i190zlwbjbax.jpg
    Pictured here with a former manager.

Formerly a real Adonis of wrestling, Hed's impressive physique has faded, and his babyface good looks have been worn away by the cruel passage of time.
    Always wears unfortunately small trunks as well as overly large knee and elbow pads, along with two clunky knee braces. Has been dying his hair blonde for at least twenty years.

Finisher: The Head Turner (Cravate)

Entrance: Holst, The Planets, Jupiter
    Always enters wearing a luxurious fur coat, accompanied by several young ladies.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    I think I made old Ric Flair to go along with the young, in his prime version.

He basically used to have a gorgeous ladykiller gimmick...and then he kept wrestling for another decade or two. Now he just tells stories to all the boys backstage, gets by with the crowd on past glories, and works really stiff to make up for his other shortcomings in the ring, while making everyone else go easy on him due to his many lingering injuries.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Oh right, I should probably illuminate what Skull's like not in front of the crowds.

Dr. Skull AKA Dr. Morton Wright

A man of impressive stature, Morton Wright signed onto TCW at first as Atlas "The Man Who Holds Up The World". That gimmick ended miserably after he ended dropping "The World" on former champ Bounding Bobby Rogers. (Now known as Wheelchair Bobby in the Tri-County Area) Tex Scrapple took pity on the big man (or at least thought he could guilt him into some further work) and repackaged him as Dr. Skull, the Surgeon of Slaughter, much to the apathetic joy of the audience. Mort feels shame over his previous actions and so sticks closely to kayfabe during all his public appearances, lest he be remembered for that terrible accident. Back in the lockers, he tends to side with management on most things, but maintains cordial relations with most of the locker room.

While he is developing a prodigious appetite for alcohol, he somehow completed a correspondence course and has gotten his actual MD. He uses his dubious medical expertise as TCW's (only) resident medical staff. When asked why, the answer's simple.

"I get 2 paychecks" Truly one of the hardest working men in the TCW.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Oh god, I created a pretty elaborate backstory for this dude, and that won't fit on the sheet. I'll post it tomorrow probably, but for now here's the sheet for THE GOLDEN GREEK, KOSTA TOLOS!

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @Nirya your sheet is a bit messed up. I found that you have to hit the little selection bars, then hit the selection to finalize it. You have Anti-Hero selected, -2 in all stats, max injuries, etc.

Also this is what I immediately thought of when I saw that name/character.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    TOP OF THE PAGE ROSTER MEGAPOST

Player Characters
    @Ken O as El Corrido, The Luchador
    @Grunt's Ghosts as Boris "The Soviet Bear" Melovic, The Foreigner
    @Blankzilla as ???, The High-Flyer
    @Matev as Dr. Skull, The Monster
    @Dyvim Tvar as ???, The Clown
    @Nirya as "The Golden Greek" Kosta Tolos, The Ace
    @Reynolds as "The Head Turner" Hedley "Hed" Turner, The Time Bomb
    @Crippl3 as ???, The Indie Darling

Non-Player Wrestlers (NPWs)
    Tex Scrapple, Promoter and Authority Figure
    Chip Wallenbocker, Lead Commentator and The Voice of TCW
    More to be added

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Let's go into some character creation!

Once you have your Gimmick selected, you can start filling out their name and general look, fleshing out the character's gimmick a bit further. Your gimmick sheet will also have prompts for your Entrance music and where you Hail From, choose one of each. Then, finally, you'll choose your character's ROLE, whether you're a Babyface, or a heel.

Then head to the section on your character sheet marked STATS--it will have starting values for your Look, Power, Real, and Work stats, as well as a bonus you can add to certain abilities.

Next you'll note any moves you have available, and choose from any you're asked to choose from.

Finally, you'll note your starting Audience on your Gimmick sheet, and note your starting Momentum based on that.

Here's an example, if you want to see how the process works in action:
    I'm making The Boss, Tex Scrapple, using The Boss from the Season 2 Gimmicks. First, I flesh out his name and look--I'm thinking he looks a lot like Kurt Russell in Used Cars. For "Hails From," I'm gonna go with ELSEWHERE: THE HEART OF RUNNELS COUNTY. His entrance is "Upbeat and Fun," I'm thinking like a parade theme. As for his role, I think he's a Face. He's too carny to be booed.

Tex starts with Look +2, Power -1, Real 0, Work -2, and can add +1 to Look or Real. I'm gonna add +1 to Look. Being the shoot boss means I'll probably be cutting a lot of Promos.

Tex begins with the MAKE A MATCH move, which is already checked on his sheet, and I choose two more. I'm going to go with I Sign The Checks, and Raised in the Business. That way, my Real goes up to +1--which fits in with my shoot ownership of TCW--and I get some added backstage influence.

He starts with an Audience and Momentum of +1.

When you're done with all of that, post it to the thread in the following format (if you haven't posted it to the thread already):

Name:
    Gimmick:
    Look:
    Hails From:
    Entrance:
    Role:

Look:
    Power:
    Real:
    Work:

Audience:
    Momentum:
    Injury: 0

(If it'd help you to write out your moves as well, go ahead--but I don't need them in the thread if you've got them marked on your end)

Once everyone has that done that, we'll move into some background questions and figure out who's got Heat with whom.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    I think this .docx version might work better? I did it with a free PDF editor since I don't actually have a way to edit them and PDF Viewer wouldn't let me save any changes to it.

And yeah, that's part of the reference. The other part is that the name is a homage to the original Golden Greek wrestler, John Tolos, who my character is totally not related to but is more than willing to rip off his name for credibility.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Name: Dr. Skull
    Gimmick: The Monster
    Look: Lab coat, scrubs, prop stethoscope, and a bad halloween skeleton mask.
    Hails From: Hell, Michigan
    Entrance: Some Recording of Tazz' theme
    Role: Heel

Look: 0
    Power: +2
    Real: -2
    Work: 0

Audience: +1
    Momentum: +1

Just to keep my cross referencing to a minimum, I took Would You Look at the Size? to bump up my Power to +2, and Intimidating. Meaning, when I'm not in the ring, I can substitute Power for Look (Handy for backstage interviews and the like)

I'll also condense Doc's backstory here as well in the spoiler.
    Dr. Skull AKA Dr. Morton Wright

A man of impressive stature, Morton Wright signed onto TCW at first as Atlas "The Man Who Holds Up The World". That gimmick ended miserably after he ended dropping "The World" on former champ Bounding Bobby Rogers. (Now known as Wheelchair Bobby in the Tri-County Area) Tex Scrapple took pity on the big man (or at least thought he could guilt him into some further work) and repackaged him as Dr. Skull, the Surgeon of Slaughter, much to the apathetic joy of the audience. Mort feels shame over his previous actions and so sticks closely to kayfabe during all his public appearances, lest he be remembered for that terrible accident. Back in the lockers, he tends to side with management on most things, but maintains cordial relations with most of the locker room.

While he is developing a prodigious appetite for alcohol, he somehow completed a correspondence course and has gotten his actual MD. He uses his dubious medical expertise as TCW's (only) resident medical staff. When asked why, the answer's simple.

"I get 2 paychecks" Truly one of the hardest working men in the TCW.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    That's weird...you should be able to just open up the 'fillable' version that was linked in Adobe Reader and click on fields to type in them. But I guess we need to fill things out here in text anyway, so there you go.

Name: "The Head Turner" Hedley "Hed" Turner
    Gimmick: The Time Bomb
    Look: Old, out of shape, purple trunks/pads, two knee braces, dyed blonde thinning hair, noticeably darker creepy mustache
    Hails From: Raleigh, North Carolina
    Entrance: Holst, The Planets, Jupiter
    Role: Babyface

Power: -1
    Real: +3
    Work: -2

Audience: +2
    Injury: +1

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    NOTE: At the time of writing this, I'm still working on a name and look. Just wanted to get something up this morning for people to see, I'll edit in the rest or repost it.

Name: "The Conquering Hero" Joe Destiny
    Gimmick: The Indie Darling
    Look: Surprisingly pale skin, for a guy that used to do a lot of outdoor shows for promotions around the country. Short dark blond hair, a Daniel Bryan-style beard of the same color. Gold trunks, black zip-up boots with gold zippers that say "DESTINY" in white on each side.
    Hails From: Right Here In (local town name)
    Entrance: Comes out to the ramp in ring gear carrying a black banner behind him like a cape reading "THE CONQUERING HERO" in white, to the tune of a kinda crappy cover of "The Boys Are Back In Town" his friends did (gotta avoid paying those royalties somehow)
    Role: Babyface

Power: -2
    Real: -1
    Work: +2

Audience: +1

Moves:
    Finishing Move: Piece Of Resistance (Jumping Small Package Driver)

Joe Destiny didn't want to come back here. Joe Destiny wasn't supposed to come back here.
    He was SOMEONE out there, you know? He paid his dues here in TCW for a year, of course, but got on the road and never looked back. Life was good out on the East coast, internet fans liked him well-enough (at least, no one crapped on him on podcasts that he knew of), made enough money to get an RV instead of taking the bus, had some great times at 'Mania-weekend shows. So what if he wasn't always top of the card? People knew his name! He actually got paid!
    But then Europe happened. He fucked up on remembering his passport, ok yeah, but who hasn't gotten drunk on a car trip with 4 other guys to the airport and forgotten their paperwork? He missed the first three shows in the UK he was booked for, but he was gonna make it up to them! And that fuckup at the Germany show wasn't his fault, that guy didn't know how to take a ladder bump! After that, the Japan offer got shelved, bookings across the pond dried up, and Joe used up most of the rest of his cash getting back to the States.
    So, what other options did he have? Joe packed up the RV, drove it back here, where he knows he can get work. They'll love him here, the local boy who made good, no one here would even know about all the fuckups, right? Hell, no one here has even heard of Meltzer! Joe Destiny will just be here long enough to make some cash again, and then get back on the road. After all, a tryout in Orlando isn't gonna pay for itself...

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    El Corrido
    Gimmick: Luchador
    Hailing from: Guadalajara, Mexico
    Entrance Music: A mariachi cover of Rancid's Corazon de Oro recorded by El Corrido.
    Look: When El Corrido first appears he wears traditional a mariachi hat, jacket, and pants. Under the hat is a black half mask (like the Matadores). Once in the ring he removes the jacket, revealing a bare chest. Despite looking authentic, his mariachi pants are tear away; which he pulls off while gyrating his hips in the center of the ring. Beneath the tear away pants are black tights with printing down the legs to match the elaborate silver designs of his mariachi pants.
    Role:Tecnico

Stats
    Look: 1
    Real: 0
    Work: 1

Audience: 1
    Momentum:

Finisher: Crescendo. A springboard moonsault double knee drop.

Tecnico: When you demonstrate technical prowess in the ring or make a big deal about respect, spend 2 Momentum and pick 1: gain +1 Heat with your opponent, an ally comes to your aid, win the match (regardless of booking).
    Exotico: A provocative look that stands out. +1 Look
    Tradiconial: You refuse to be seen without your mask. Whenever your mask is at risk of being removed, roll
    +Work if it’s your choice, or roll +Real if it’s someone else’s. Gain +1 Heat with your foe, and on a 10+ pick 2, on a
    7-9 pick 1: you book the next step of the feud, you cover your face in time, you take theirs as part of the scuffle.
    On a Botch, lose -1 Audience, as your mystique is lost.

Common moves:

Heat:
    Who allied with me on my first team?
    Who just doesn’t understand Lucha Libre?
    Who thinks I don’t deserve my mask (or overall look)?
    Who is trying to convince me to change my style, my mask, or both?

Background:
    Carlos Garcia grew up in southern Texas; his first two loves were music and Lucha Libre. Unsure which direction to follow as he got older he did both. His first big break was being signed to Rio Grande wrestling, a primarily Lucha production that ran shows in Mexico and Texas. El Corrido blew up. His flashy style, singing voice, good looks, and playboy attitude make him incredibly popular in the small production. His in ring larger than life persona carried over outside the ring and soon Garcia was spending his nights chasing women and throwing wild parties till the sun came up. He began to think the promotion was beneath him (and in truth it probably was). While RGW champion a backstage altercation with the owner's son (and former champion) ended with a gun being pulled on Carlos. Things backstage continued to sour from there; eventually leading to Carlos being stripped of his title and fired from the company. He bounced from small promotion for a few months before coming to TCW.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Character added below.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    There, I finished my dude for now. It's kinda shitty and generic I think, but eh, couldn't come up with anything better.

• Options
    Shitty and generic should be exactly what we have going on here. We're Tri-County Wrestling, the best only wrestling promotion to do a show at VFW Hall 517 and Runnels Memorial Hospital in the same day!

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Name: "The Golden Greek", Kosta Tolos
    Gimmick: The Ace
    Non-match look: Simple fitted suit, no tie, with top couple button on dress shirt unbuttoned.
    Wrestling look: Ring attire are gold wrestling trunks with gold knee ad elbow pads and some shitty little golden boots. Entrance attire for matches includes a golden short-sleeved sweater with a zippe front and hood, a baseball hat with an unbent bill, and stunner shades (multiple colors). The hat and hood are both worn at the same time for maximum asshole.
    Hails From: Newport Beach, California
    Entrance: Chiddy Bang, "Opposite of Adults"

Look: +1
    Real: +1
    Work:0

FINISHING MOVE: The Moneymaker (Lifting Facelock into a Codebreaker)
    When you’re booked to win a match, roll 2d6. On a 10+, you hit your Finisher clean. Choose whether you or your opponent gains +1 Audience. On a 7-9, you need to hit your Finisher twice. Choose whether you gain +1 Heat with each other, or they gain +1 Audience. On a Botch, choose whether you rush through the botched move, get the win and lose -1 Audience, or you let them counter it into something that looks better, and take the loss (this overrides Creative’s booking).

FIGHTING SPIRIT: When taken to the limit you dig deep and find the passion and fire to press on. Once per match, when your opponent clearly has the upper hand and presses the attack, narrate how you ignore the pain and take control of the match. This works as the Interrupt Move, but take 1 Momentum from your opponent instead of spending 1.

CARRY THE COMPANY: You are anointed to carry the title scene of your division. When a match that involves the title is announced, roll +Real. On a 10+, pick 2, on a 7-9, pick 1: book yourself into or out of the match (the title must remain on the line); you book the finish of the match; you book a rematch of your choice after the match; add an additional stipulation to that match. On a Botch, management doubts your judgment this time and your opponent picks one from the list to their own advantage.

Audience: +2

Background (definitely the abbreviated version):
    From the first day he walked into the Tri-County Wrestling Training School and Daycare Center, people realized that Kosta Tolos was destined for greatness. He had a great look, was a natural athlete, and had more charisma than the rest of his training class combined. "The Adonis" Kosta Tolos was put into a top spot upon graduating and made a good connection with the fans, but something felt missing, like an extra edge.

So he turned heel and became "The Golden Greek", and TCW found themselves as the home-base of one of the hotter acts on the scene today.

Kosta Tolos has become something of a modern-day Ric Flair - a heel that draws people in who want to see him lose. Tolos is something of a chameleon in the ring, able to wrestle a variety of styles and make any opponent look good. Backstage, the still relatively-young Tolos is more reserved and quiet, which has allowed him to command a level of respect in the locker room, and acts as an impressive juxtaposition to the bombast and flair for dramatics that Tolos employs with a mic in his hand.

At this point, Kosta Tolos seems destined for something greater, but he still has an allegiance to TCW that cannot be denied, and Tolos is determined to carry the promotion to unknown heights.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Name: "The Shoreditch Serpent" Carter Francis Bequest
    Gimmick: The Clown
    Look: Frequently paints his face with whorls of purple and red to match the patterns on his black wrestling tights. Wears red and purple scale patterned wrestling boots and matching elbow pads.
    Has just the dumbest hair. Like the love child of CC Deville, Russel Brand and Stig of the Dump.
    Hails From: A perfectly innocent bakery that's totally not a front for an evil snake-wroshipping cult hell bent on destroying the world.
    Entrance: Snakes on a Plane by Cobra Starship

Look:+2
    Power:-2
    Real:+2
    Work:-1

Audience:+2
    Momentum:+1

Finisher: Cobra Clutch (duh)
    Moves:
    Comic Relief
    Funny is Money

Background: (Under construction)

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    ALRIGHT WRESTLERS, now that we all have gimmicks and most of us have characters, let's start talking about the Heat questions.

Each wrestler has four questions on their Gimmick sheet which define how they relate to other PCs. Questions define initial feuds and grant wrestlers Heat with one another. Each question will be answered by the name of one other PC. one PC can answer multiple questions for another (so two wrestlers can start with +4 Heat with one another, or a wrestler can start with +1 Heat with four other wrestlers).

We have enough characters to where we'll be able to answer every question for every wrestler. So what I'd like you to do is go through the list of questions below, and copy into a post any questions you think could be answered by your character. Then, if multiple people list a question, the corresponding player can decide who to write down. If that makes sense. Does that make sense?

@MagicPrime, once you have a Gimmick chosen, we'll add your questions to the list.

Dr. Skull
    Who is terrified of me backstage? Joe Destiny
    Who helps me come up with new directions for my character? Carter Francis Bequest
    Who’s made me look weak? Boris Melovic
    Who can stand up to me in the ring? Brian Eagleheart

"The Shoreditch Serpent" Carter Francis Bequest
    Who’s asking me for tips to add something fresh to their act? Dr. Skull
    Who was my tag team partner before I found my true niche? Brian Eagleheart
    Who thinks my in-ring talent is being wasted in this role?
    Who thinks I’m a waste of a roster slot? Hedley Turner

"The Golden Greek", Kosta Tolos
    Who trained with me in the dojo?
    Who thinks they deserve my spot? El Corrido
    Who do I have amazing chemistry with in the ring?
    Who’s just biding their time until my inevitable fall?

"The Conquering Hero" Joe Destiny
    Who’s excited that I’m finally on the roster? Kosta Tolos
    Who thinks I’m completely overrated? Hedley Turner
    Who do I have backstory with from encounters in other companies? El Corrido
    Who feels most threatened by what I bring to the roster?

El Corrido
    Who allied with me on my first team? Boris Melovic
    Who just doesn’t understand Lucha Libre? Hedley Turner
    Who is trying to convince me to change my style, my mask, or both? Joe Destiny

Who thinks its past time for me to hang up my boots? Dr. Skull
    Who became a wrestler because of me? Brian Eagleheart
    Who wants to retire me?
    Who thinks I still have a place in the business? Kosta Tolos

Boris "The Soviet Bear" Melovic
    Who knows more about my “homeland” than I do?
    Who would get the biggest boost from beating me? Joe Destiny
    Who would’ve gotten this gimmick if I wasn’t here to take it? Dr. Skull
    Who did I first throw through a symbol of my homeland to establish my character? El Corrido

Brian Eaglehart
    Who was holding me back as my tag team partner? Carter Francis Bequest
    Who’s trying to learn by watching me in the ring? Kosta Tolos
    Who’s jealous of my skills?
    Who is trying to teach me to be more of an entertainer? Hedley Turner

The High-Flyer
    Who always has my back?
    Who mentored me when I first joined this roster?
    Who’s ripping off my highflying style?
    Who wishes they could do what I do?

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    There are a couple here I'll answer to start.

Shoreditch Serpent
    -Who’s asking me for tips to add something fresh to their act? Dr. Skull, he wants keep the gimmick going so he doesn't have to take up a crappier persona.

Joe Destiny
    -Who thinks I’m completely overrated? Mort remembers Joe. He was a punk kid when he breezed through, and he knew his rushing things would come to a bad end. He'll try to make sure Joe doesn't end up on the trainer's table, but he won't be shocked when he does. In fact, he's likely to end up like...

Hedley "Hed" Turner
    -Who thinks its past time for me to hang up my boots? Hed was past his prime when Mort was a stripling jobber. He keeps trying to get Hed to think about retiring, but to no avail.

The Soviet Bear
    -Who would’ve gotten this gimmick if I wasn’t here to take it? Mort almost had to become The Soviet Bear, but was thankfully spared the embarrassment.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    "The Golden Greek", Kosta Tolos
    Who thinks they deserve my spot?
    EL Corrido was the champion at RGW. He feels the importance Kosta has backstage should be his.

Who do I have backstory with from encounters in other companies?
    El Corrido met Joe at a small promotion's show in an community center gym. They either got in trouble together after the show or Corrido was an ass to Joe, either works.

The High-Flyer
    Who always has my back?
    Who mentored me when I first joined this roster?
    Who’s ripping off my highflying style?
    Depending on what Blank wants to do any of these could work. Either a friendship or rivalry.

Ken O on
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    So far, I think for Hed Turner...

"The Shoreditch Serpent" Carter Francis Bequest
    Who thinks I’m a waste of a roster slot?

Funny don't make money. A guy who knows said it.

Who thinks I’m completely overrated?

No fancy flips will make up for not showing up on time, and not taking care of the guy you're working with is going to get you stiffed real fast.

El Corrido
    Who just doesn’t understand Lucha Libre?

Stop hoppin' and spinnin' around and hit somebody already!

Skull works for me for the one question mentioned so far, someone who has gone from newbie to veteran while Hed was already past his prime highlights how long he's been around.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Name • Brian Eaglehart
    Gimmick • The Technician
    Look • Blonde Curly Mullet - Works with a 'Fighter Pilot' motif. Enters the ring in a Bomber Jacket with "EAGLEHART" embroidered on the back with a 'Screamin' Eagle' below and Aviator Sunglasses. No shirt, Taped Wrists, Red Knee Length Trunks with his name up the sides, mid-length brown boots. Diving Eagle silouette tattooed to his right shoulder.
    Hails From • Bullhead City, Arizona
    Entrance • Loud & Overblown
    ThemeStratovarius - Eagleheart
    Role • Babyface

STATS
    ===
    Look • -2
    Power • 0
    Real • -1
    Work • +3

Audience • +1
    Momentum • +1
    Injury • 0

MOVES
    ===
    Finisher • "Where Eagles Dare" (Submission Hold - Modified Figure-4 with Back Arch)
    Technical Expert • (+1 Work)
    Excellence of Execution • (Roll +Work for Finishing Move)

I figured using a submission hold for my finisher instead of a power-move made more sense for my character being a technical wrestler. I don't know if there are any special things regarding submission finishers.

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Started crossing off questions so we know which ones haven't been answered

Current heat totals (I think--do both wrestlers mark heat when they answer a question, or just the one writing down the answer? In other words, does El Corrido also have +1 Heat with Kosta Tolos?)

Dr. Skull
    Boris Melovic +1
    Brian Eagleheart +1
    Carter Francis Bequest +1

Carter Francis Bequest
    Dr Skull +1
    Hedley Turner +1
    Brian Eagleheart +1

Kosta Tolos
    El Corrido +1

Joe Destiny
    Kosta Tolos +1
    Hedley Turner +1
    El Corrido +1

El Corrido
    Hedley Turner +1
    Boris Melovic +1

Hedley Turner
    Dr. Skull +1

Boris Melovic
    Dr. Skull +1
    El Corrido +1

Brian Eagleheart
    Hedley Turner +1
    Kosta Tolos +1

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Dr. Skull
    Who’s made me look weak?
    Boris might have, but not on purpose. I think during a promo or something maybe Boris said something that was insensitive to Mort without realizing it about his days before as Atlas, reminding fans of Dr. Skull's darker past.

El Corrido
    As part of some stunt to create a World vs. USA storyline of all the "international" characters forming an NWO style league, Boris and El Corrido were reluctant partners. Boris and El Corrido's story arcs in it where the two feuding heads of the Global Legion, who fought as much against each other as they did the USA fighters, although outside the ring they were completely fine with each other. Then when El Corrido was "invited" to the American side with a promise of a "green card", he turned on Boris and the Global Legion and ended it. Boris, personally, holds no grudges but on screen still acts as if El Corrido was a traitor.

Those are the two that stood out for me that hadn't be grabbed already. I'll think on another two later.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Nope, just the player who's asking the question gets the Heat. Heat measures chemistry 2 characters have, and it can be a one-sided chemistry depending on how players answer questions. If someone has high Heat with some who doesn't reciprocate, it may mean that the low heat Wrestler doesn't think the other isn't worth their time, or the audience isn't necessarily interested in how that wrestler interacts with the other, but is very interested in how the high wrestler interacts with the low heat one. The book might explain it a bit better, but that's the gist.

Also, all Faces have +1 additional Heat with all Heels and vice versa, so for the most part there should be the basics of chemistry for everyone on the roster.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    okay cool, that's what I thought.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Carter Francis Bequest
    Who was my tag team partner before I found my true niche? and/or Who thinks my in-ring talent is being wasted in this role?
    Brian and Carter trained with the same coach before their debut, and were Tag Team partners until the infamous match with Dr. Skull. After their falling out and Carter's persona change they have been estranged both in and out of the ring. Brian misses the days with his friend, and doesn't understand why he'd choose to act like a fool rather than do what they loved.

Dr. Skull
    Who can stand up to me in the ring? and/or Who made me look weak?
    During the Infamous 'David v Goliath' No-DQ match between Dr. Skull and Carter Francis Bequest, Brian had a run in when he thought his friend was in some real danger despite Carter asking him not to interfere. With mix of surprise and technical prowess he managed to get Skull to the mat and apply a particularly effective "Where Eagles Dare" causing him to tap and the ref to call the match in favor of Carter. Despite the win, things were never the same between them. From then on Brain earned a fan title of "The Man Who Broke the Skull."

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Carter Francis Bequest
    Who was my tag team partner before I found my true niche?
    Brian and Carter trained with the same coach before their debut, and were Tag Team partners until the infamous match with Dr. Skull.

Dr. Skull
    Who can stand up to me in the ring?
    During the Infamous 'David v Goliath' No-DQ match between Dr. Skull and Carter Francis Bequest, Brian had a run in when he thought his friend was in some real danger despite Carter asking him not to interfere. With mix of surprise and technical prowess he managed to get Skull to the mat and apply a particularly effective "Where Eagles Dare" causing him to tap and the ref to call the match in favor of Carter. Despite the win, things were never the same between them. From then on Brain earned a fan title of "The Man Who Broke the Skull."

I like it! Now, the real question is, was Brian breaking kayfabe when he got into that match, or was it a work?

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Matev wrote: »
    I like it! Now, the real question is, was Brian breaking kayfabe when he got into that match, or was it a work?

I could see the story both ways, but I'd like to see what @Dyvim Tvar thinks about it.

For consistency with your background with Carter, i think maybe it was a planned run-in but he wasn't in on it. So our falling out is because I didn't tell him management changed the booking at the last minute for the run-in and he thought he was going to get put over.

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    @MagicPrime what are the questions for Brian?

• Options
    Dex added them to the list, but here they are:

Brian Eaglehart
    Who was holding me back as my tag team partner?
    Who’s trying to learn by watching me in the ring?
    Who is trying to teach me to be more of an entertainer?

• Options
    I think Hed Turner might have some input on one of those. Maybe not good input, but..

Brian Eaglehart
    Who is trying to teach me to be more of an entertainer?

Listen, I get the whole Top Gun thing, but you gotta connect with the crowd. And the kids today are into the rock music. We'll get you a fake guitar, get some girls to play your groupies, make some appearances at the record shop downtown...trust me, singer gimmicks always get over, nothing can go wrong here!

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Matev wrote: »

I could see the story both ways, but I'd like to see what @Dyvim Tvar thinks about it.

For consistency with your background with Carter, i think maybe it was a planned run-in but he wasn't in on it. So our falling out is because I didn't tell him management changed the booking at the last minute for the run-in and he thought he was going to get put over.

Worked shoot innit.
    Everybody but Eagleheart, Skull and CFB were in the dark and thought it was a shoot (maybe are still unsure since there's fall out from CFB over it), but in reality it was always planned.
    However the original pitch was to use it as a springboard for CFB to get him over as a more legit and credible worker (this would tie into my background stuff I'm working on that I really need to structure properly so it's fit for public presentation) , however the owner bottled it (funny don't make money homie) and instead switched the plans so that Eagleheart got the big rub from it.
    Or some shit.

• Options

El Corrido
    As part of some stunt to create a World vs. USA storyline of all the "international" characters forming an NWO style league, Boris and El Corrido were reluctant partners. Boris and El Corrido's story arcs in it where the two feuding heads of the Global Legion, who fought as much against each other as they did the USA fighters, although outside the ring they were completely fine with each other. Then when El Corrido was "invited" to the American side with a promise of a "green card", he turned on Boris and the Global Legion and ended it. Boris, personally, holds no grudges but on screen still acts as if El Corrido was a traitor.

Because of this I'll take
    Who did I first throw through a symbol of my homeland to establish my character?

The Global Legion was a strange gimmick for the Technico, he and the others fought for pride in their foreign country but Corrido never fell into a traditional heel role. While the Legion was doing old school mustache twirling, El Corrido was still kissing babies and serenading women in the crowd. When he informed everyone that he was leaving the Global Legion the audience read it as him breaking away from a bad influence, finally seeing that the other group was using him. Boris saw it as betrayal. He picked up the smaller luchador and threw him around the Global Legion headquarters set like a rag doll. The pinnacle of the segment was El Corrido being lifted over Boris' head and thrown threw the "glass" Global Legion centerpiece/sculpture (Not technical a Russian symbol but I think it still works, we can change if needed). Backstage El Corrido gets along great with Boris, he trusted him to do the spot that everyone was sure would cause the luchador injury.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Dr Skull
    Who helps me come up with new directions for my character?

CFB has a lot of creativity to spare. Nobody is saying it's always good creativity but there's something to be said for quantity over quality when it comes to being able to spread that wealth.

Boris Melovic
    Who did I first throw through a symbol of my homeland to establish my character?

Kayfabe: Can you imagine how powerful I'd be with a bear? The havoc I could wreak in the name of he who slithers in the dark betwixt worlds? Oh what could have been, of course nobody told me that "The Soviet Bear" wasn't an actual ursine so my attempts at capturing him with a wheelbarrow full of salmon and a net went sideways rather quickly.

This is way better for a face so definitely Corrido should have it. However when I thought about the idea I legit laughed for like thirty seconds so I'm leaving it in.

Brian Eaglehart
    Who was holding me back as my tag team partner?

Are...are you implying I'm the Jannetty? :(

• Options
    Who’s excited that I’m finally on the roster?
    Look, Kosta Tolos has been on a little thing called THE INTERNET. He knows what happened to Destiny outside of the Tri-County area, but unlike others, Tolos sees it as an opportunity. If he can rehabilitate Destiny and make him a quality indie name again, then more people nationally will pay attention to TCW.

Who thinks I still have a place in the business?
    Kosta Tolos subscribes to the "three-ring circus" theory of wrestling, in that you want to have as well-rounded a show as possible. To that end, having a veteran like Turner around ultimately works to TCW's, and by extension Tolos's, benefit, because he can bring in more people and create a bigger audience for Tolos to show exactly why he's so good.

Brian Eaglehart
    Who’s trying to learn by watching me in the ring?
    The best way to wash out of this business is to never grow your skills, and to that end, Tolos watches every match in an attempt to grow as a performer. In particular, Kosta has been watching Eaglehart's matches to figure out how to be a better technical wrestler. He thinks it involves more flexibility, because he saw Eaglehart do this thing at a recent show where he put himself into a little ball and started rolling around the ring for like 10 minutes.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Who thinks I still have a place in the business?

Of course Hed should still be around! We need a good commentator who's been around a long time, or a guy who can help Skull backstage who knows every injury in the book. In the ring though? Hell no, man, the guy can barely move! Besides, who gives a shit about a cravate anymore?

Who would get the biggest boost from beating me?

Not everyone around here knows who Joe is. What they do know, though, is that the badass local guy who can take down the foreign powerhouse is someone you should pay attention to.

Dr. Skull
    Who is terrified of me backstage?

Any guy who can destroy Bounding Bobby is someone you shouldn't fuck with. But, other than that...A guy who hurt someone so bad that he now has to be in a wheelchair? Maybe Joe sees something of himself in that. And maybe Joe wants to avoid any reminder of that so it doesn't come back to bite him in the ass.

Ken O wrote: »
    Who do I have backstory with from encounters in other companies?
    El Corrido met Joe at a small promotion's show in an community center gym. They either got in trouble together after the show or Corrido was an ass to Joe, either works.

El Corrido
    Who is trying to convince me to change my style, my mask, or both?
    "Come on man, you don't need that dumb dancing shit in your entrance! It makes you look like a goof!" - Joe, back at an RGW show, seconds before Corrido took a swing at him.

I'm willing to change one of these (or add another) when Blank posts his character.
    EDIT: Whoops, hadn't refreshed the page in a long time, didn't see Nirya already got that one.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Who became a wrestler because of me?
    I remember being a kid and going to visit my dad after my parents were divorced. I'd always be so excited for the TRI-C Wrestling matches to come through his hometown, we didn't have anything like it back in Arizona. He'd get me popcorn and some candy and we'd hoot and holler the whole time. Back when I was that wide-eyed kid my favorite wrestler on that circuit was none other than Hedley Turner. I even got some autographs and a few pictures back then. When I joined up with TRI-C I don't think he remembered me... who could blame him? Being around so long and seeing so many venues -- But I still remember, I think that's what matters most.
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Are...are you implying I'm the Jannetty? :(

I didn't say that! But in my head I am totally Shawn Michaels.

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Dr. Skull
    Boris Melovic +1
    Brian Eagleheart +1
    Joe Destiny +1

Carter Francis Bequest
    Dr Skull +1
    Hedley Turner +1
    Brian Eagleheart +1

Kosta Tolos
    El Corrido +1

Joe Destiny
    Kosta Tolos +1
    Hedley Turner +1
    El Corrido +1

El Corrido
    Hedley Turner +1
    Boris Melovic +1
    Joe Destiny +1

Hedley Turner
    Dr. Skull +1
    Brian Eagleheart +1
    Kosta Tolos +1

Boris Melovic
    Dr. Skull +1
    El Corrido +1
    Joe Destiny +1

Brian Eagleheart
    Hedley Turner +1
    Kosta Tolos +1

Remaining questions

Carter Francis Bequest
    Who thinks my in-ring talent is being wasted in this role?

Kosta Tolos
    Who trained with me in the dojo?
    Who do I have amazing chemistry with in the ring?
    Who’s just biding their time until my inevitable fall?

Joe Destiny
    Who feels most threatened by what I bring to the roster?

El Corrido

Hedley Turner
    Who wants to retire me?

Who knows more about my “homeland” than I do?

Brian Eagleheart

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    So what's up, are we just waiting for Blankzilla?