As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old [NHL] Thread

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Did you see their game though? It was so good.

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    I did see that the Avs got shutout by the second worst team in the league last night.

Gotta be getting close to the record at this point.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Marchand winning the Rocket Richard or Art Ross would be so damn hilarious

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Dranyth wrote: »
    I did see that the Avs got shutout by the second worst team in the league last night.

Gotta be getting close to the record at this point.
    I got curious and looked it up. The 1928-29 Blackhawks were shutout 20 times and the Avs are currently sitting at 12. There's still time!

• Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    Isles are making it really hard on themselves to stay in this. They left way too many points on the table earlier in the year, and now every single game is make or break. This entire schedule in the back half of the year is totally brutal and they just can't manage to win the games they should win. This next week will determine that wild card spot. Blue Jackets, Rags, Pens, Bruins, Preds. .500 Hockey isn't gonna keep them in this and this stretch could easily become a 1 in 4 or 0 in 4 streak. And of course the BJ's game is a matinee which is basically guaranteeing a murder.

In other news, y'all should be checking out the recent highlights of Josh Ho Sang playing. That kid is amazing. Its also the first time I've heard Islanders fans go crazy just from a guy carrying the puck

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Yeah, but he broke the NHL law by wearing number 66 so now we have to hate him. Sorry.

• Options
    As a penguins fan, I couldn't care less that he wears 66 because he looks up to mario so much.

Seems like a good thing, to me

• Options
    The 66 banter has been unreal. If this was Connor McDavid or Auston Matthews no one would give a shit.

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    The 66 banter has been unreal. If this was Connor McDavid or Auston Matthews no one would give a shit.

It has been so stupid. And it probably comes down to him having "personality" by which they mean, he's black, asian and jewish.

:so_raven:
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular

I don't think that's true at all.
    Anyone putting on those numbers or 99 is going to get shit for it.

Because hockey fans are nuts but it is what it is.

• Options
    But 99 is literally retired league wide. No one else is.

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    The only team he can't wear 66 on is the Penguins and he doesn't play for the Penguins.

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    the only people who get really upset about stuff like this are the old school white dudes. I really don't think most people care.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Today the Avs played for the last time at Joe Louis. An end of an era.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    How did the NHL fail to schedule that game for the 20th anniversary of Turtle Day?

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    I'll never forget Bloody Wednesday.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »
    the only people who get really upset about stuff like this are the old school white dudes. I really don't think most people care.

And like Corvus mentioned; he's black asian and jewish. If he was muslim he would tick all the hate boxes for old white dudes.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    How did the NHL fail to schedule that game for the 20th anniversary of Turtle Day?
    Deadfall wrote: »
    I'll never forget Bloody Wednesday.

Kris Draper did a pretty good write up on it in The Players Tribune.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Penn State has won their first big ten title, and are heading to their first NCAA tournament after beating Minnesota And Wisconsin both in 2OT on consecutive nights.

• Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    Thank you Avalanche, that was wonderful.

*lights cigarette*

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    Was watching some Calgary last night. Johnny Gaudreau is pretty legit

• Options
    and Matt Tkachuk is a dirty player. That elbow was nasty. He won't, but should get 10 games for that.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Thank you Avalanche, that was wonderful.

*lights cigarette*
    You're welcome, for both the points and the newly renamed Jonathan Toews Offsides rule.

Jayricho on
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »
    and Matt Tkachuk is a dirty player. That elbow was nasty. He won't, but should get 10 games for that.

Two games.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Man, normally the wheel o' discipline is weighted much more severely when it's a rookie elbowing a star to the head. If only he had been European!

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Man, normally the wheel o' discipline is weighted much more severely when it's a rookie elbowing a star to the head. If only he had been European!

You know, you say that, but the game broadcast I was watching last night actually showed two incidents in the past 3 seasons that were pretty much identical to the Tkachuk hit and in both cases the player got 2 games, so I guess in this case they actually are at least being consistent with precedent.

• Options
    Jake Guentzel wakes up on the ice with blood all over his face.

Ristolainen sent to the bench with a 5minute major for interference. Looked like a headshot, but I'd need to see it a few more times.

Probably an effective way to slow down what has recently been the best line in the NHL

• Options
    Wooooo another offsides challenge. It'll be great in 10 minutes when they get it wrong.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    Here comes the 3rd period collapse like clockwork.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Crosby had an eventful night

kind of puts a

taint

on the goal he scored

B : )

B: )

B)

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Crosby had an eventful night

The recommended stories section looks like an episode of America's Funniest Home Videos.

• Options
    Crosby also lost some teeth in the last 2min of the game from a high stick from Kane.

• Options
    Well, I've officially rounded the bend past indifference and firmly back in anger territory. This team, I swear.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Jayricho wrote: »
    Well, I've officially rounded the bend past indifference and firmly back in anger territory. This team, I swear.

I was going to make a joke about how they're going to run off a 9 game winning streak to close out the season and get bumped in the lottery positioning...Then I checked the standings and realized it wouldn't matter.

So look on the bright side, for once this season they managed to not blow it at the end.

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Apparently Crosby chopped off Methot's finger with a slash.

http://www.tsn.ca/sens-methot-out-weeks-after-crosby-slash-1.704867

Aridhol on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
  • Options
    You see that kind of slash every game multiples times a game but horrible luck for Methot.
    Crosby should have at least got called for the slash it was pretty blatant.

• Options
    Crosby really is a pretty dirty player. NHL just won't discipline one of its super stars.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Crosby really is a pretty dirty player. NHL just won't discipline one of its super stars.

I mean, he's not the first player to be good enough to get away with murder.

But he certainly does.

Allegedly a voice of reason.