As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Routine | Survival Horror First Person Non-Linear Moon Base Exploration With Permadeath

13»

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Yeah, the guy in the trailer gets fucked pretty hard.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Over halfway through March. No word on release yet. These people are pro-tier trolls.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    They definitely seem to have issues with timing their stuff.

• Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    Game dev is hard, yo.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    Almost as hard as estimating when it will be done!

• Options
    the biggest jump scare will be when this game drops

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Update: It's delayed again. Hopefully just by a month.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Haha, wow.

It's not like I don't have enough to play right now, I guess.

• Options
    ~rise from your glaive~

I was down an internet rabbit hole and came accross this post on reddit.

tl;dr it sounds like the lead got in over their head and financially strapped, and refused any outside assistance. Safe to assume at this point the game is dead.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »
    ~rise from your glaive~

tl;dr it sounds like the lead got in over their head and financially strapped, and refused any outside assistance. Safe to assume at this point the game is dead.

That sucks. I was hyped when I saw that first trailer forever ago, and then forgot about the game, and then had a momebt of hype when I saw the thread was bumped, and now I am doubly sad.

First person retro-future tech horror on the Moon would have been my jam.

• Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »
    ~rise from your glaive~

That sucks. I was hyped when I saw that first trailer forever ago, and then forgot about the game, and then had a momebt of hype when I saw the thread was bumped, and now I am doubly sad.

First person retro-future tech horror on the Moon would have been my jam.

Yeah that blows. If that reddit thread is correct it’s really sad to see a project burn like that because the creators can’t get out of their own way.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
  • Options
    I refuse to believe it

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    mick gordon soundtrack

easy dub

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Whaaaaaat I thought this had to be extremely dead.

Ten years since the original announcement? This thing has probably been through at least two engine changes since then. Just hope it doesn't go big on that "flashlights only go ten feet" crap, that's one of my biggest peeves in game design.

Otherwise looks pretty great. A dollar says it'll take like 5 hours to beat, though.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    In a sea of Space Horror showcase, this looks really great. Sound design sounds amazing.

• Options
    No mention of roguelike elements on the store page. Looks as if they took out one of the features that made me most excited for this. I'm sure that's probably what was holding them back, in the end, and they made a decision to make it a linear structure instead so they could finish it.

I'm happy they'll finally release, but man. I was super excited for retro space horror roguelike, and future space horror linear setpiece game isn't what got me salivating in the first place.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    They took out the roguelike shit? Oh thank God now I will probably actually play it.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126