As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TV THREAD] I've Ruled the Fart Inadmissible

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    My only big issue with the show No Tomorrow is the male lead is impossibly handsome.

It's distracting.

Oh, you mean Sir Galavant?

Yeah, he's fucking gorgeous.

There's an entire song about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB6Wu-dwENM

You know, thats gotta be a pretty big confidence booster when their is an entire song about how much of a beefcake you are.

I can tell you from experience that it really is.

For the last time Steve, Move Bitch is not about you.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Samurai Jack was real good again no surprise

Dang I'm excited for the rest

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2017
    Moriveth wrote: »
    My only big issue with the show No Tomorrow is the male lead is impossibly handsome.

It's distracting.

You know, thats gotta be a pretty big confidence booster when their is an entire song about how much of a beefcake you are.

Then why does he say

"Move, bitch! Get out the way, get out the way Steve Garlo, get out the way"

Explain that!

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

It's distracting.

Then went does he say

Explain that!

It's Luda's childhood friend Steve Garlo. What, you think you're special or something?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

It's distracting.

Then went does he say

Explain that!

It's Luda's childhood friend Steve Garlo. What, you think you're special or something?

I guess it is a SUPER common name... I just wanted to believe.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

It's distracting.

Then went does he say

Explain that!

I guess it is a SUPER common name... I just wanted to believe.

I believe that love is the answer

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Let me attempt to summarize the first episode of Into the Badlands (a show I am watching as per @Rorshach Kringle's recommendation):

In what I can only presume is Atlanta, society has fallen and been replaced with a kung-fu Mad Max affair. In it a samurai finds a boy who might be the kung-fu Spirit of Vengeance?

At one point the samurai gets ambushed by a group of bowler-hat wearing gangster ninjas in an environment where they maybe filmed Singing in the Rain?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I loved Into the Badlands. The fights were good. But the setting, designs and characters were incredible. At least in how ridiculous and mismatched they are. It felt like a game of GURPS or something similar, where everyone made a wildly different character. And then in the finale
    characters from Exalted show up out of nowhere and throw everything totally out of balance.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Just about lost it in the latest Jack episode where there was an extended nod to the "ecstasy of gold" sequence from the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
    It also leads to Jack's first kill.

Episode has it all, action, humor, visuals. Jack's Back!

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Is the new season of Samurai Jack on any streaming site? Hulu, by chance?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Is the new season of Samurai Jack on any streaming site? Hulu, by chance?

It's up on Youtube at the moment, I had it DVR'ed.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Okay well apparently I need to watch Into the Badlands

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    It's on now
    Still I need to find my Exalted book so I can show my brother that someone probably read it when making the show

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Okay well apparently I need to watch Into the Badlands

they added it to netflix like a week or two before iron fist, too

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Into the Badlands is the best show nobody talks about.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Ots actually good? I heard nothing about it after it came out

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    You can't be sure until you wait 3/4 of the season for them to reveal which of their friends was secretly the bad guy the whole time

mkc.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    AMC put all its budget into promoting the 2 Walking Dead shows, Better Call Saul, and Preacher. Combine that with the show only having 7 episodes between November 15 2015 and tonight, and yeah I'm not shocked more people don't know about Into the Badlands. Here's to hoping season 2 gets much more attention

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah. Preacher did come out and I did watch it. I had completely forgotten.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Anyone watching Love Season 2?

I had mix feelings about the first season- around the second half of that season the characters just because super frustrating and the final shot made me go bonkers.

Season 2, while oddly not really changing a thing, went down a lot easier. Part of it's probably that I'm going with the knowledge that both the characters are fucked up (I'm now fully on the side that only Gus is a horrible person though), and also because I 'got' the premise of the show. I don't think we're supposed to watch and want those two to get together.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    This week's Survivor:
    I have been hoping Caleb and Tai would go out early so having Caleb be the boot was alright by me. Though I will give him some credit that in his exit press he owned how stupid he'd been pre-game talking about Sandra and Tony, and basically admitted that he got bad intel about Sandra especially (no coincidence that word was he had been getting "advice" from Russell Hantz pre-game).

I thought Hali did a good job, and I still think if she makes the merge she's going to be a threat to go very deep and fly under the radar. Now whether she'd end up sitting next to people who pissed off the jury and win ala Amber in All-Stars or just be a runner up who knows, but I think she's in a good spot.

Brad Culpepper has to be the biggest surprise of this season to me. He's playing a pretty killer game. His what would Monica do? mantra is working for him so far.

Still high on my winner pick Malcolm too. He's played a solid game and is doing the right things so far.

I think Queen Sandra is getting the Varner from Cambodia edit, where they load her up with screen time because they want to make the best of the time she's out there, but I think she's going to be booted pre-merge.
    I've been very surprised by the edits that people have been getting. Culpepper getting this sensitive, thoughtful, strategic cut. Troyzan getting an edit other than "gigantic dingus." Sandra getting not just a villain edit, but a "let's kill a baby goat" villain edit.

It's fascinating stuff.

Still stoked about how Malcolm's doing. And I'm glad to see Cirie and Oz, if not bury the hatchet, at least recognize that said hatchet is a mutually-assured-destruction deal. And I tend to run real hot and cold on JT, but man, he is absolutely making the most of the garbage hand he got dealt. Is it gonna help him win? Nah. But I respect a man who goes down SWINGING.
    Agreed on Sandra's edit. I have a fan fiction personal theory that she realized that she has no chance to win if she plays her trademark anybody but me strategy, because these people are not idiots and know she's won twice with it. So she's basically going to play like Russell Hantz, targeting people who go for her like Tony, being really arrogant with the in your face "I'm the queen" stuff. Because if she manages to turn herself into somebody who everybody treats like a goat because "nobody will give her a 3rd million, plus she's pissing everybody off" then she goes to FTC and loses, but she'll still be able to say that she's never been voted out after 3 times, and she was never going to win a 3rd time anyway, so it'd be like a moral victory, hah. I mean pre-game she did say her goal this time is just to make it to FTC, so I think I may be right about how she's playing.

But yeah, I've been super surprised by Brad C's edit. Listening to him talk outside the game it was obvious he wasn't as much of a douche as he seemed on s27, but I didn't expect him to be playing as well as he is. As for Troyzan, I've always been a little less down on Troyzan than most, just because even in One World he was basically the only person out there actually realizing what Kim Spradlin was doing. If not for what's his name(I think it was Jay) going and telling Kim about Troy's plan to take her out, he had huge upside to win that season. Not to diminish the fact that Kim's immaculate social game was why her opponents would do such foolish things though.

I've never been a huge fan of JT. I don't dislike him, I just don't think he's very good at Survivor. His Tocantins game was great, but IMO he only won because Fishbach gamebotted every move for their alliance but just didn't get the jury credit so everybody just gave loveable JT the money, which is fine. But in HvV we saw what he played like without Stephen, giving the idol to Russell, etc. I agree it was fun to watch him fight after getting swap screwed though.

I wonder how long until they swap back to 2 tribes, if at all. After 2 boots this week it'll be down to 15. I wonder if they swap back to 2 at 14, or just have an early merge.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Lack of other things to watch (cause like hell I'm watching Iron Fist) has led me to season 2 of Love

It's still fairly enjoyable, but mostly for Gillian Jacobs

I love Paul Rust, but he's fairly unlikable on this show, maybe by design

But I am deeply tired of the "gosh, beautiful women just keep throwing themselves at this very average dude with a mediocre-to-bad personality, isn't that such a problem" thing

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

I love Paul Rust, but he's fairly unlikable on this show, maybe by design

I mean I would say the central conceit of the show is that these 2 characters are awful for eachother but can't help themselves yes.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    All's I know is once Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is over I demand a teamup of Rachel Bloom and Claudia O'Doherty

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Claudia o'doherty is definitely the best part of Love and I want to see her in other stuff

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    jgeis on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    The latest episode of How Did This Get Made is a live episode guest starring Gillian Jacobs and Caludia O'Doherty. The movie is a terrible 90s horror movie called Body Parts. Even if you don't usually listen to the podcast, this episode is truly delightful and I recommend it to anyone.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    The season 2 premiere of Into The Badlands was pretty good.

It starts off with a giant SIX MONTHS LATER card slamming into the screen, and refuses to recap anything that happened last season.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    The season 2 premiere of Into The Badlands was pretty good.

It starts off with a giant SIX MONTHS LATER card slamming into the screen, and refuses to recap anything that happened last season.

I can respect this.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    I know this is very out of left field for this forum but, dang 2017, I did not know I needed an Anne of Green Gables reboot at all but this is done just perfectly.

completely unrelated what's up with all this dust in my apartment?

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Whoa, there's an Anne of Green Gables reboot? But I'm in Canada, you'd have figured I would have known? how didn't I know?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Into the Badlands is weirdly compelling I find

Like, it's ostensibly, conceptually, a bit bit garbage but it's then actually kind of great

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8i1n7z4IiY
    Adam Pally, the King of Late Night

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Marry me, Adam Pally

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    is anyone else watching feud: bette and joan

this show is just so good

also kiernan shipka is in it, yet again sassing her period piece mother

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    ...aaaaaand of course Into The Badlands isn't on Aus Netflix.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Mr. G wrote: »

Holy shit that comment on the school lunch program.

"There's no demonstrable evidence that feeding kids helps them do better in school so we should stop doing that."

To be clear, that is the guy defending the budget making that argument, not Stephen Colbert's parody character.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Two new chappelle specials are up on Netflix now. Almost done with the first of the two, pretty good so far.

This discussion has been closed.