As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Zelda] thread broke! Time to use the good weapons, I guess.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    We didn't start the fire, it's always been burning since the world's been turning.

...Okay maybe I started a little bit of fire. In my defense those bokoblins were asleep in the tall grass and had no escape from their alcove HOW COULD I RESIST?

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I'm playing through the GCN Wind Waker for the second time, hopefully to the end this time.

Man I forgot the shitty part of the story, though.
    Turning Tetra into Zelda really left a bitter taste in my mouth.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Hmm. Can I use Stasis on these random Yiga assassins? They're so twitchy I can barely land a melee hit on them. I'd like to lock 'em down, pull out my greatsword while they watch, and hum as I charge up an attack to send them into orbit while they can do nothing.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I don't think you can, it only works on monsters

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    It totally does

6F32U1X.png
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    yeah pretty sure I've done it

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    you absolutely can and should

that is precisely how I deal with them

8406wWN.png
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    So now that SilverWind and I have seen the credits we sat down and watched a speed run. Down to 47:59 now, apparently

And, uh

Holy shit

dN0T6ur.png
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    So now that SilverWind and I have seen the credits we sat down and watched a speed run. Down to 47:59 now, apparently

And, uh

Holy shit

I did the same after I finished it.

I think I said "holy shit" and nothing else about a dozen times.

• SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    I really like the idea of Link waking up and going YOU GONNA EAT SHIT GANON and running full speed at the castle, in his skivvies

Let that be the canon run

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I'm watching someone do 47:40 drunk run right now

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Oh my god Ishto Toh shrine spoilers
    it's not surrounded by a mass of slaughtered bokoblins, it's that lady's failed cooking!

Ahahahahahaha

I love this game

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    I really like the idea of Link waking up and going YOU GONNA EAT SHIT GANON and running full speed at the castle, in his skivvies

Non-speed run main characters are inherently less interesting than speed run main characters.

Normal Gordon Freeman doesn't use that physics degree. Speed run Gordon Freeman uses that physics degree to do things that break reality.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Oh my god Ishto Toh shrine spoilers
    it's not surrounded by a mass of slaughtered bokoblins, it's that lady's failed cooking!

Ahahahahahaha

I love this game

Yeah I was like oh lord what abomination am I gonna fi- oh. This is worse somehow

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Speaking of her failed cooking.

Is there a use for rock-hard meat? I feel like you should be allowed to sell it to Gorons for a high price.

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Enlong wrote: »
    Is there a use for rock-hard meat?

I can think of a couple

8406wWN.png
    SilverWind wrote: »

The best part about watching this video was SilverWind narrating as Zelda for certain segments

"Do you wanna... Master Sword? No? Right to him?"

Every time she did that I'd respond as Link, but the only sound I made was huffing and puffing like somebody sprinting non-stop

dN0T6ur.png
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I haven't been keeping track but I swear it's been raining in game for like 30 minutes now, this wouldn't be a problem except I really wanna climb this tower.

On a similar subject, one interaction I am glad they didn't program in is lightning striking a body of water no matter how close does no damage to you.

Tower? Sheikah Towers can be climbed in the rain. Either because they have proper hand-holds, or because the roof acts like an umbrella.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Tower? Sheikah Towers can be climbed in the rain. Either because they have proper hand-holds, or because the roof acts like an umbrella.

Well I also need to climb the mountain it's on.

Ah, now that's a problem.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Is there a use for rock-hard meat?

I can think of a couple

Nice.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    After thinking on it for a day I think this is the best version of Link, taking the title from the Wind Waker (or Skyward Sword.. or Triforce Heroes actually maybe) version.

As to the character of Zelda... I'd probably put her at number 2 or 3. Definitely ranks below Spirit Tracks still, and maybe Skyward Sword Zelda, but I read that character very differently from how most people do

dN0T6ur.png
    BOTW Zelda hates SS Zelda.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    After thinking on it for a day I think this is the best version of Link, taking the title from the Wind Waker (or Skyward Sword.. or Triforce Heroes actually maybe) version.

As to the character of Zelda... I'd probably put her at number 2 or 3. Definitely ranks below Spirit Tracks still, and maybe Skyward Sword Zelda, but I read that character very differently from how most people do

I am

Super curious why you think this, when he never emotes at all and the fact that he's a non-character is shoved in your face more than ever

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Yeah, he seems more stoic than ever in this one, and while there are dialogue options, few of them make me get a sense of his character the way some of them in Skyward Sword ("Nice hair", "am I late?", the three functionally identical options when Zelda asks you to wake her up) did. One that does stand out to me is when he can tell a Hylian visiting Zora's Domain who Mipha was, but as far as I am, that's about all I have the sense of from him. He's stoic and devoted to his duty, and holds refeverance toward the dead. Meanwhile, SS Link gives me a sense of his annoyance and rivalry with Groose, his frustration with Impa and desire to prove himself, and his almost fanatic desire to see Zelda return safe.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Dinraal

If you don't know what dinraal is, absolutely do not click this
    ... Trying to get to snowling, scaling a desert cliff in a huge Grand Canyon and I turned around and audibly said...what?

It was night and this glowing sloping white thing was turned just so, it honestly looked like a tower moving towards me.

The it's skeletal dragon head reared up and spouted flame. I yelled HOLY SHIT and took pictures while it passed me by

This

Game

Is

Amazing

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    Do you guys want the goofy answer or the sealious one

dN0T6ur.png
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I was pretty taken aback when I discovered the selfie poses. (I immediately took one in front of the lightning dragon going "What's the deal with this guy?")

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Wait
    You can pose?

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Wait
    You can pose?

Boy can you

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Wait
    You can pose?

Hold different directions, can be combined with left trigger for action poses

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    n_zps9bwtcnzz.jpg

Hello this is my friend T Pose the snow lizard

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
  • EvilCakeEvilCake Richmond VARegistered User regular
    n_zps9bwtcnzz.jpg

looks like its your stand

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    EvilCake wrote: »
    n_zps9bwtcnzz.jpg

[MENACING]

BahamutZERO.gif
    EvilCake wrote: »
    n_zps9bwtcnzz.jpg

"Behold the power of [Ice Ice Baby]!"

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I explored south akkala!

And that awful fucking island chain off the akkala coast with the stick bridges and flying guardians I feel like I spent an in game week there

Flying guardians are the devil and missing with an ancient arrow is the saddest thing

But then later I went and got the master sword, that was fun

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i feel like there needs to be like, one more type of thing to collect in this game

like if some obscure locations and mountain peaks had korok seeds but other things had X, i think it would really slam home the exploration in this game which is already really good

i have no idea what X would be though

wait yes i do

collectible miniatures to display in your house

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Pieces of the triforce

PNk1Ml4.png
This discussion has been closed.