As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Orbfest and Fest banner 2 live! Purple Monkey Dishwasher.

• GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: Β»
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    What if they just skip the festival banners like they skipped the orbfest in what two festivals ago?

The image with the banner times already leaked, so there certainly are 5 banners happening. What is in them, not so much tho.

Technically, it just says "Second Anniversary Draw" for 3/24 to 4/4.

diff_dff_static_lang_ww_compile_en_image_event_intro_challenge_second_aniv_event_intro_pict02.png

It'd be pretty funny/rage inducing if they did something super wacky with it, like every day a different realm themed banner.

Also, U++ downed. Easy peasy with the mage squad and using OK BSB to counter the slows. Well, Exdeath was at like 3 seconds left on the Memento Mori counter, but easy as far as taking damage goes.

Actually I would be super down for realm themed banners. I guess you would need to combine some to keep them from being absurd super banners (looking at you FF2, Tactics) but it would make it nice for chasing specific games you liked. I imagine it would bring in a lot of cash honestly for that reason alone.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: Β»
    Fry wrote: Β»
    Spectrum wrote: Β»
    Enlong wrote: Β»
    My kingdom for Wrath or Lifesiphon on Celes.

Should she just be paired with an Entruster to ensure constant uptime on Indo Blade?

If you hit a weakness I believe she's barely self-sustaining with 5* abilities and Ace Striker/Battleforged for it to never drop (3 turns between). If you can get the 4th turn I don't think you need the RM but I've been getting screwed with buffs dropping taking that turn usually.

The buff lasts 25 seconds giving you more than enough time for a fourth action assuming you have haste. I don't have a ton of math to back me, but you can typically chain 3 attacks between 15 seconds for supports to maintain constant coverage.

A typical character's ATB time is about 1.9s with haste, plus 1.65s cast time for most abilities, plus some amount of input delay, so you're usually in the 3.6-3.7s range per turn if you're on speed 1. It's trivial to cycle three abilities on a 15 second cycle (e.g. Full Break -> Breakdown -> Attack/burst command), and possible but tight to cycle four (Full Break -> Breakdown -> C1 -> C2). For 25 second buffs, I usually try to do six actions (~22 seconds) and then refresh the buff on the seventh action, with maybe a second or so of downtime. Six actions generates a bit less than 400 points of meter, so the character needs to be hit three times in that window, which isn't a problem against enemies with much AOE. For the specific case of Wall, if you're worried about not having enough meter for the recast, sometimes delaying the initial Wall cast until your second turn doesn't get you murdered too much at the beginning but will allow for a timely recast.

I actually started to do the math before you posted this but got distracted. The only modification is that for Celes at 99 the wait time is 1.75 seconds giving you a little bit better breathing room there. I think 6* abilities help here as well. Admittedly, it is a bit of a challenge to currently get the motes needed for Snowspell Strike, but once you have it she is golden.

I can only tell you my experiences, I agree that the numbers should mean I can go longer. =/ What actually happens is I can usually do 3 in multiplayer before needing to cycle but I was getting questions about it in the current Black Knights fight about it dropping so it looks like maybe even only 2 in action spammy and laggy fights like that.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    My kingdom for Wrath or Lifesiphon on Celes.

Should she just be paired with an Entruster to ensure constant uptime on Indo Blade?

If you hit a weakness I believe she's barely self-sustaining with 5* abilities and Ace Striker/Battleforged for it to never drop (3 turns between). If you can get the 4th turn I don't think you need the RM but I've been getting screwed with buffs dropping taking that turn usually.

The buff lasts 25 seconds giving you more than enough time for a fourth action assuming you have haste. I don't have a ton of math to back me, but you can typically chain 3 attacks between 15 seconds for supports to maintain constant coverage.

A typical character's ATB time is about 1.9s with haste, plus 1.65s cast time for most abilities, plus some amount of input delay, so you're usually in the 3.6-3.7s range per turn if you're on speed 1. It's trivial to cycle three abilities on a 15 second cycle (e.g. Full Break -> Breakdown -> Attack/burst command), and possible but tight to cycle four (Full Break -> Breakdown -> C1 -> C2). For 25 second buffs, I usually try to do six actions (~22 seconds) and then refresh the buff on the seventh action, with maybe a second or so of downtime. Six actions generates a bit less than 400 points of meter, so the character needs to be hit three times in that window, which isn't a problem against enemies with much AOE. For the specific case of Wall, if you're worried about not having enough meter for the recast, sometimes delaying the initial Wall cast until your second turn doesn't get you murdered too much at the beginning but will allow for a timely recast.

I actually started to do the math before you posted this but got distracted. The only modification is that for Celes at 99 the wait time is 1.75 seconds giving you a little bit better breathing room there. I think 6* abilities help here as well. Admittedly, it is a bit of a challenge to currently get the motes needed for Snowspell Strike, but once you have it she is golden.

I can only tell you my experiences, I agree that the numbers should mean I can go longer. =/ What actually happens is I can usually do 3 in multiplayer before needing to cycle but I was getting questions about it in the current Black Knights fight about it dropping so it looks like maybe even only 2 in action spammy and laggy fights like that.

Multiplayer muddies the water because you lose a lot of time to issues specific to it. I don't do a ton of MP so I hadn't really considered how that might affect it. So I guess the answer is in MP it can be a challenge to keep up, but less so in SP.

edited March 2017
    Quick judgment check if anyone knows more in-depth:
    Celes has 462 ATK with one weapon or 387 ATK with another weapon but +20% Holy Damage. I run +50% and +30% ATK buffs. Pdf claims the ATK value to hit softcap is 360, so I would hit it in either case. As a reminder for reference, Celes's BSB commands are holy and entry grants holy aura. In this situation, would the lower ATK Holy Damage weapon deal more damage? Would the answer change if the boss is holy weak on top of this? Pdf claims that if I can hit softcap elemental equipment is always worth it, just looking if anyone has something to back that up or would contradict that.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Finally trying U++

This one's a pain.

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Celes has 462 ATK with one weapon or 387 ATK with another weapon but +20% Holy Damage. I run +50% and +30% ATK buffs. Pdf claims the ATK value to hit softcap is 360, so I would hit it in either case. As a reminder for reference, Celes's BSB commands are holy and entry grants holy aura. In this situation, would the lower ATK Holy Damage weapon deal more damage? Would the answer change if the boss is holy weak on top of this? Pdf claims that if I can hit softcap elemental equipment is always worth it, just looking if anyone has something to back that up or would contradict that.

Let's be clear here. The soft cap is ~700. To reach the cap with a 1.3 and 1.5 boost, you need to be at 360. You are hitting the cap either way. Additional Atk beyond that gains you very little, so any other modifier besides one on Atk will be better than any possible Atk change. Holy weakness has nothing to do with anything in this case. It's a multiplier applied after everything else.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    U+ smashed. Any poor bastard that has Holy, Fire, or Ice weakness just gets utterly chunked out by Celes at this difficulty.

ydndWd2l.pngdes0kb3l.png

Setup:
    B43CXpal.pngpLbj2xLl.png

RW Shout as per usual. He's vulnerable to H&R with his longer setup if you were desperate but my team is strong enough at this point that I just don't care. Between Wall, Full Break, Magic Breakdown, and Shell he just doesn't do enough damage fast enough for me to care now that I have a good healer medica. Just wait two turns and Banishing Strike, mostly ignore the Counter Hastes until he enters Weak and rebuffs with Barrier and Dispel again, and punch him. Amusingly fatfingered and hit Lightning Strike instead of Smite in the end (intending to use my last two Full Charges after) but it killed anyway so it didn't matter. I even had Vanille doing damage with C1 just to end it faster because he was that nonthreatening (also taking advantage of the Holy weakness).

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular

It's correct - if you can hit the softcap after buffs, flat percentage damage increases are MUCH better than raw ATK. I'm not sure 20% is equal to the disparity between your two weapons, though.

I will say that with Shout, 30/30, two +holy relics, and Love's Wake RM, my Celes regularly hits for 25k or more using her burst commands against a neutral U+/U++. If the boss is weak to holy it's overkill because she'll cap every time regardless of whether she's using a RS weapon or a non-RS +holy weapon.

• chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    If you are above the soft cap (which you are in this example), then you would need 40% more ATK to equal 20% holy damage. So the +holy sword is better.

steam_sig.png
    edited March 2017
    Got it. Thanks all!

One more MC3 doled out, this time to Y'shtola. Hopefully that little edge of survivability will help out in edge cases. Sitting on two for anniversary reserve, still need to earn one more to actually have a full team with level caps lifted.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    Goddamn... just had Apoc Black Knights bug out where everyone was frozen.

Best part is that we were on the last one and I had a TGCid BSB queued up.

Time for a break I think.

• chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Sprites that do special things this time around: Kain, Orthros, Cockatrice and Celes.

steam_sig.png
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Jragghen wrote: Β»
    Finally trying U++

This one's a pain.

for real! I saved up my BSBs for the 1st AoE slow at 60% then RM Shouted at 40% for the final push. Ended the fight with 2 alive but still managed to champion it

EDIT: Did MP Apoc in a pub. With Curaise at 4/5, the party just kept being at 1 hp because of Relm BSB's last stand then getting healed or ressed up XD

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Dang. The Black Knights are tough. I thought I had a good party going with a team fulla mages with AOE spells, but we got stomped into the dirt on the last round. So many attacks in a row from those knights.

• CorranCorran VARegistered User regular
    Question

With dual element abilites (in this case TGcids OSB) if you have equipment boosts to both elements does that stack or does only one apply?

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Corran wrote: Β»
    Question

With dual element abilites (in this case TGcids OSB) if you have equipment boosts to both elements does that stack or does only one apply?

You only get 20% to whichever element is picked when the skill is used.

So.

The game calls Luneth a physical/magical hybrid.

But his magic stat is half of his attack stat, and there is exactly one skill he can equip that does magic damage.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    So.

The game calls Luneth a physical/magical hybrid.

But his magic stat is half of his attack stat, and there is exactly one skill he can equip that does magic damage.

I think that used to be code for "Spellblade4 or higher."

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Luneth is bae. Dude has so many options open to him, he's just short of OK levels of versatility, although he also covers jobs that OK can't.

Honestly, when ranking characters, remember when Ramza used to be the SSS+ tier? Luneth is up there, provided you're willing to dive him.

I don't feel bad at all for investing motes in him. I'm sad that his OSB is on a separate banner from OK's stuff in the next event, but his OSB isn't anything special, so I don't feel like anything's being missed out in that regard. I'm sure when the next FFIII event drops in JP, he'll probably get an EX-mode USB or BSB2.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• FryFry Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Tried to do the Apoc knights last night. Was going fine until Ultimate Tromp killed two people through major IKO resist in the second wave. Also it was super laggy, and two of the other players dropped, so I was controlling six characters. Which is not optimal when two of them are supposed to be chaining instant casts. :/ And the last guy had a really awful team with just Cecil's OSB, and he was shooting it at random targets for only like 15k a pop. Even with all of that, it still looked like we might still pull it out, but there were one too many status effects in the last wave and too many characters went down to the spam from the strong knight, so we didn't get the "four KOs or fewer" medals. Guess I'll need to redo it.

Didn't see a single mass interrupt, though. AOE is definitely the way to approach the fight.

Fry on
    Luneth is bae. Dude has so many options open to him, he's just short of OK levels of versatility, although he also covers jobs that OK can't.

Honestly, when ranking characters, remember when Ramza used to be the SSS+ tier? Luneth is up there, provided you're willing to dive him.

I don't feel bad at all for investing motes in him. I'm sad that his OSB is on a separate banner from OK's stuff in the next event, but his OSB isn't anything special, so I don't feel like anything's being missed out in that regard. I'm sure when the next FFIII event drops in JP, he'll probably get an EX-mode USB or BSB2.

Indeed. I largely just use Lifesiphon and Skyhigh with his BSB, but he can do a lot of things. Am considering running Dark Bargain for meter build against dark-weak targets

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    What does bae mean?

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    What does bae mean?

I actually wish I didn't use the term. I was so against it when I first heard/saw the word being used among twitter 'tweens and celebs.

It's like "babe", or "boyfriend/girlfriend". Person of awesome interest.

I promise I will never use it again though. And I will never use "fleek" either because English is a terrible language.

Remember when "kewl" was the cool way to spell cool? Or a "dad" term? :P

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

From context, I'm guessing it's akin to "someone who is boyfriend/girlfriend material", as a noun.

I've never looked it up, though, do I could be wrong.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Curaga+ SSB+ banner tomorrow morning! I took another look at it and I can't really justify skipping it; it has 18 items and I only have 3 of them. They're a really good three (Rosa's mblink, Relm's hi regen, Yuna's hp stock) but it would be nice to have Medicas for more realms.

Still can't believe we don't have the festival banners yet. I am hoping they're dataminable tomorrow morning.

• CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    If the Curaga+ banner is the one at http://i.imgur.com/v5GCfXT.jpg then I may actually skip it. I've got Minwu, Arc, Porom, Selphie, Eiko, Yuna, both of Vanille's and Ovelia's items on that banner. I use Y'shtola a lot but I have Aetherial Pulse and Stoneskin so I'm not sure if adding Asylum would be useful or not for her.

This means I'm at 9/18 items and I've got most of the big prizes out of there. Y'shtola's would be the only real item in thee that'd be a nice usable item since it's a hat.

Rius wrote: Β»
    Curaga+ SSB+ banner tomorrow morning! I took another look at it and I can't really justify skipping it; it has 18 items and I only have 3 of them. They're a really good three (Rosa's mblink, Relm's hi regen, Yuna's hp stock) but it would be nice to have Medicas for more realms.

Still can't believe we don't have the festival banners yet. I am hoping they're dataminable tomorrow morning.

Our Curaga draw may be better than Japan's.

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/blog/2017/03/21/upcoming-in-app-announcement-2nd-anniversary--10
    * It includes equipment released before 12:00 AM 3/22 PST (8:00 AM 3/22 UTC).

That would seem to include Aerith's USB, although I'm not sure much else.

ztrEPtD.gif
    Morning? Nice.

I have 5 SBs on the banner (Word of Kindness, Holy Ray, Portrait of Lakshmi, Dreamstage, Intercession), and I still pine for stuff like Hamelin or Healer's Circlet, so this is a definite pull.

Looking forward to my duplicate Crescent Wish!

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    What does bae mean?

Before
    Anyone
    Else

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    From context, I'm guessing it's akin to "someone who is boyfriend/girlfriend material", as a noun.

I've never looked it up, though, do I could be wrong.

Haha. I did look it up before asking but I didn't think it made sense in the context.

38thDoE on steam

Well. Today, I learned to never underestimate the usefulness of Raise effects, or of Soul Breaks that restore ability uses. I was just in a party that beat the Apocalypse Black Knights, and we absolutely would not have won without those. At one point, we were down to four people, and we ended with seven. What an intense fight.

There are six realms I don't have any medicas in (seven, if I assume Ramza is going to be too busy with other shit to Tailwind), so the Curaga banner has good odds of helping with CMs (including "literally all of the Torments to date"). I only have five of the items on the banner, so I have pretty good odds to get at least one new thing. Only Hamelin and Asylum have the possibility of ousting Queen Vanille from the A-team, but I think it's probably still a decent pull for half price.

edited March 2017
    There are six realms I don't have any medicas in (seven, if I assume Ramza is going to be too busy with other shit to Tailwind), so the Curaga banner has good odds of helping with CMs (including "literally all of the Torments to date"). I only have five of the items on the banner, so I have pretty good odds to get at least one new thing. Only Hamelin and Asylum have the possibility of ousting Queen Vanille from the A-team, but I think it's probably still a decent pull for half price.

Reminder that Eiko STILL can't be dived.

And if Mog/Kefka didn't get their dives from the FF6 event, there's not a lot of hope Eiko's will be randomly coming with the Beatrix event.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    Tried to do the Apoc knights last night. Was going fine until Ultimate Tromp killed two people through major IKO resist in the second wave. Also it was super laggy, and two of the other players dropped, so I was controlling six characters. Which is not optimal when two of them are supposed to be chaining instant casts. :/ And the last guy had a really awful team with just Cecil's OSB, and he was shooting it at random targets for only like 15k a pop. Even with all of that, it still looked like we might still pull it out, but there were one too many status effects in the last wave and too many characters went down to the spam from the strong knight, so we didn't get the "four KOs or fewer" medals. Guess I'll need to redo it.

Didn't see a single mass interrupt, though. AOE is definitely the way to approach the fight.

Ask for the team you want, and kick them when they show up with the wrong characters for the job. There's no excuse for bringing a single-target-only like Pecil (BSB command 2 doesn't count) to an AoE fight. Putting what you want in the room description text appears to go a long way. And if you don't want to carry? Don't carry.

• UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I did the Apoc fight with Pceil / Minwu
    Pecil with BSB, spamming BSB / Command 2 is fine and is plenty AoE

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights

Reminder that Eiko STILL can't be dived.

And if Mog/Kefka didn't get their dives from the FF6 event, there's not a lot of hope Eiko's will be randomly coming with the Beatrix event.

I don't really care about dives. I care about a medica that applies a massive crit boost since I pretty much have to run physical for serious content.
    Daffydd wrote: Β»

Ask for the team you want, and kick them when they show up with the wrong characters for the job. There's no excuse for bringing a single-target-only like Pecil (BSB command 2 doesn't count) to an AoE fight. Putting what you want in the room description text appears to go a long way. And if you don't want to carry? Don't carry.

I would actually be totally fine grouping with Pecil BSB for the fight, since the open does a shit ton of AOE damage (and the AOE command isn't that bad). And running one single target person is fine IF they're smart enough to aim it at the correct target.

• DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    I did the Apoc fight with Pceil / Minwu
    Pecil with BSB, spamming BSB / Command 2 is fine and is plenty AoE

I would actually be totally fine grouping with Pecil BSB for the fight, since the open does a shit ton of AOE damage (and the AOE command isn't that bad). And running one single target person is fine IF they're smart enough to aim it at the correct target.

Wow. Lotta love out there for Pecil. I didn't say he's a bad character, I think the obsolescence of his BSB is a bit overblown (I wish I had it), but - any way you cut it - he's not the right character for the Black Knights MO fight. His BSB command 2 is ok, but even 4* summons will be doing twice the damage if you can get a 30% faithga and a 30/30 faithga to show up. Which you can if you ask for it.

His BSB command 2 is ok, but even 4* summons will be doing twice the damage if you can get a 30% faithga and a 30/30 faithga to show up. Which you can if you ask for it.
    What's the stamp command for that? ;P

---

Looks like the first lucky draw is Curaga+. I'm only at 3/18 so high chance of getting something useful.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Cirira wrote: Β»
    If the Curaga+ banner is the one at http://i.imgur.com/v5GCfXT.jpg then I may actually skip it. I've got Minwu, Arc, Porom, Selphie, Eiko, Yuna, both of Vanille's and Ovelia's items on that banner. I use Y'shtola a lot but I have Aetherial Pulse and Stoneskin so I'm not sure if adding Asylum would be useful or not for her.

This means I'm at 9/18 items and I've got most of the big prizes out of there. Y'shtola's would be the only real item in thee that'd be a nice usable item since it's a hat.

Asylum is a pretty significant tool that, combined with Pulse and Wall and the fact that Y'shtola can Wrath makes her permanent A-Team for me.

9/18 is a hard sell though, I'd probably be hesitant too.

His BSB command 2 is ok, but even 4* summons will be doing twice the damage if you can get a 30% faithga and a 30/30 faithga to show up. Which you can if you ask for it.
    What's the stamp command for that? ;P

I believe its Fungahhh!

Does anyone want to do the two black knight battles tonight? Is Maria BSB better than Cecil BSB for them?

38thDoE on steam

This discussion has been closed.