As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Southpaw Regional [chat] is the coolest ever

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    the episode with worf's parents and picard's brother is so good

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    I have a Triforce tattoo on my back, a pineapple on my thigh, a quote on my other thigh, a word on each ankle, a word on the arch of my right foot and a little tulip on my wrist. AND I WANT MORE.

I have a mustache on my finger, stars on my upper arms, birds on my collarbone, a semicolon behind the ear, the Chinese symbol for "love" on my heart, roses on each ankle, and a butterfly on my lower back.

I have a dot on the palm of my hand that I made by accidentally jabbing myself with a pen.

It counts.

i have one of those above my knee from when a friend in 7th grade thought the pillow i was leaning on was thick enough to stop a pencil

it wasnt

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I have two tattoos I want to get but I'm lazy and I keep finding other things to buy with my money

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    remember that time worf lost a fight to that crate

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    It's clear they had no idea what to do and rushed everything and just pounded out half-random scenes with a shitty script.

There are at least six near-identical "I'm going." "Not alone." "No, it's too dangerous." conversations

• AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    im only kinda joking

I think if you could add to the situ thats ideal because yes, you didn marry a neruoscientist once but now you have more tattoos

Dammit guys.

Skippy finally got his hands on weed.

This is what happens when the quest is complete.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Tav wrote: »
    I know what tattoo I want but I'm too much of a coward to get it

You know it's forever, right

You got mad at that one comic for just saying the n-word

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    My lungs are tattooed from inhaling printer toner, as previously established.

PSN: Honkalot
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    the episode with worf's parents and picard's brother is so good

especially since it has soft continuity after Best of Both Worlds

it was one example of Star Trek attempting long-term character development

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Alazull wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »
    I fell down the genius tree and hit every branch on the way down

Your curse must also be your gift.

My dad used to give me sincere advice about how "people like us" do not naturally fit in with people who "merely" have "normal intelligence"

God dammit, dad, why are you such a dumb asshole

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    edited March 2017
    rapid cutting is often bad but! not always

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atjhOhH-V3E

wandering on
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    if you want a tattoo, get one

As long as you choose a relatively safe place it's not a particularly painful experience (do not choose your chest or ribs or side for your first rodeo) and you will get +1 attack or something

so, if you have the jink, go see Fel

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Aside from not everyone having parents the same age (personally my mom was 64 when I graduated highschool) Aunt May is supposed to be a traditionally matronly figure in the comics that the readers can also identify with. She's supposed to, along with Uncle Ben, be a guide for Peter's moral compass.

She is instead the butt of a bunch of jokes in the movie and actually wears a little black dress in the after credits scene. She is a cardboard cutout of a character instead of being one that guides Peter. Now, granted, this is a Captain America movie so they don't have time to expose on her specifically so I might still be proven wrong regarding the direction they take her. However, they have taken a seemingly strong female character and reduced her to the base components that the fedora wearing "m'lady" crowd want and made her incredibly thick headed as well.

If they really wanted to switch up the character, maybe she should have already known Peter was Spiderman before Stark showed up. There's also not a goddamn sign of Uncle Ben.

Or maybe it should have been Aunt May who died instead. There are plenty of ways to switch this origin story up without turning Aunt May into a supermodel. I can seriously count on one hand the number of 50+ year olds who actually look like that and most of them work in Hollywood.

P.S. No one likes arguing against 12+ people at once.

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    there isn't really anything very satisfying, to me, about watching a superhero get pounded up by random mooks

it happens a lot in arrow, even as late as season 3! it happens in daredevil season 2 (although much less, thankfully) and it happens early on in daredevil season one

i think it's one of the reasons something like captain america 1 works, and really most of the MCU- these guys are just fucking juggernauts and they don't really need to take shit from random dudes

captain america, without any training at all, just his superhero gumption and powers, goes and rescues an entire platoon from a hydra base as his first actual mission

that's way more entertaining than "danny rand, master of the iron fist, struggles to fight a guy with a knife in a storage room"

See also:

This is why hero-on-hero fights are bad, depowering storylines are bad

• JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    there isn't really anything very satisfying, to me, about watching a superhero get pounded up by random mooks

it happens a lot in arrow, even as late as season 3! it happens in daredevil season 2 (although much less, thankfully) and it happens early on in daredevil season one

i think it's one of the reasons something like captain america 1 works, and really most of the MCU- these guys are just fucking juggernauts and they don't really need to take shit from random dudes

captain america, without any training at all, just his superhero gumption and powers, goes and rescues an entire platoon from a hydra base as his first actual mission

that's way more entertaining than "danny rand, master of the iron fist, struggles to fight a guy with a knife in a storage room"

it's a problem with street level heroes. power creep quickly becomes an issue and too many superpowered villains makes you start wondering why Captain America doesn't clean up these streets.

to be fair fights in the rest of the series are against martial artists and stuff and feature way less hero getting pounded.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i might be convinced to get a tattoo if i could figure out something i'm sure i wouldn't think is dumb in two years

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    im only kinda joking

I think if you could add to the situ thats ideal because yes, you didn marry a neruoscientist once but now you have more tattoos

I like your idea

But also I'm an unemployed litigator who needs to fit in with a bunch of waspy old lawyers, or else I'm never going to get a job and stabilize my amazingly bad finances

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i might be convinced to get a tattoo if i could figure out something i'm sure i wouldn't think is dumb in two years
    Surely a Roll Safe meme tattoo is evergreen.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I liked watching Daredevil beat up a bunch of guys in a hallway and then be nearly dead afterward

But he still looked impressive doing it

dads: like supervillains but in real life

• AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    Aside from not everyone having parents the same age (personally my mom was 64 when I graduated highschool) Aunt May is supposed to be a traditionally matronly figure in the comics that the readers can also identify with. She's supposed to, along with Uncle Ben, be a guide for Peter's moral compass.

She is instead the butt of a bunch of jokes in the movie and actually wears a little black dress in the after credits scene. She is a cardboard cutout of a character instead of being one that guides Peter. Now, granted, this is a Captain America movie so they don't have time to expose on her specifically so I might still be proven wrong regarding the direction they take her. However, they have taken a seemingly strong female character and reduced her to the base components that the fedora wearing "m'lady" crowd want and made her incredibly thick headed as well.

If they really wanted to switch up the character, maybe she should have already known Peter was Spiderman before Stark showed up. There's also not a goddamn sign of Uncle Ben.

Or maybe it should have been Aunt May who died instead. There are plenty of ways to switch this origin story up without turning Aunt May into a supermodel. I can seriously count on one hand the number of 50+ year olds who actually look like that and most of them work in Hollywood.

P.S. No one likes arguing against 12+ people at once.

Well they do if they want to debate something in [chat].

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
    is this cute bright eyed engineer a young ashley judd?

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

BUT
    HER
    EMAILS

wandering wrote: »
    dads: like supervillains but in real life
    not really don't get mad chat dads im sorry

i mean my dad is but

Vanguard wrote: »

BUT
    HER
    EMAILS
    David S Pumpkins.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    kedinik wrote: »
    im only kinda joking

I like your idea

But also I'm an unemployed litigator who needs to fit in with a bunch of waspy old lawyers, or else I'm never going to get a job and stabilize my amazingly bad finances

but what if you abandoned that dream and embraced my fully tattooed dream instead

skippydumptruck on
    I liked watching Daredevil beat up a bunch of guys in a hallway and then be nearly dead afterward

But he still looked impressive doing it

the first time that happened was good

the time it happened in s2 when he could just as easily have not fought all those guys was so dumb

harambe over the dick

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    D1bMPUwh.jpg

@preacher, @Jacobkosh

At least the poster guys are having fun.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    gQrpi8d.jpg

• redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Is there a reason Iron Fist exists other than the Defenders needing a rich white guy?

edit: nevermind already had one of those.

This property seems problematic in the modernday, and has been poorly executed,

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Well Tokyo Drift was a helluva movie.

That ending was great!

guys these are great tattoo ideas i'm gonna go get all of them

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    here comes dat boi on your dick

harambe, hillary e-mails, and david s pumpkins

a prefect cross-section of 2016

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    David S Pumpkins for President

Elendil wrote: »

5/7 perfect score

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    oh shit wesley returns what's he gonna fuck up in the next 40 mins?

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    oh shit wesley returns what's he gonna fuck up in the next 40 mins?

everything

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »

yeah but david pumpkins was awesome

This discussion has been closed.