As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Open Recruitment] Dungeon World: Seeking Delvers of the Menank

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    TBH I just wanna cut something with this rapier

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I'm bringing Ashe on whatever we do. She's gonna end up writing debriefs in rhyme, as bards do

As someone who is playing a character who can only speak in rhymes in a VtM game, this will be the hardest thing you'll ever agree to.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I'm bringing Ashe on whatever we do. She's gonna end up writing debriefs in rhyme, as bards do

As someone who is playing a character who can only speak in rhymes in a VtM game, this will be the hardest thing you'll ever agree to.
    I'm pretty good with rhyme if given a little time
    It's for the debrief only! Don't wanna drive folks away and leave Ashe lonely

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Aww man I'm like one point from level 3

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Doing the end of session exp roundup is important if people want to level up... just sayin' GMs...

• Options
    I fucked that up once!
    We got it every other time

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    If I'm not allowed to forget my mistakes, then neither is anyone else!

• Options
    AllyxiaAllyxia Registered User regular
    I'm excited to see how the guild's first non-dungeon quest goes.

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    yooo. just so I know what to expect, did a basic turn thing get put in, or is it still free for all?

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    If I'm not allowed to forget my mistakes, then neither is anyone else!

Apparently it is some kind of reference humour.
    yooo. just so I know what to expect, did a basic turn thing get put in, or is it still free for all?

It will be vaguely free-for-all, but I'll loop through everyone (or get a "I pass") before going again.

If you've got a good idea, or want to inspect something, and haven't held the spotlight in a little while, awesome, get in there.

If I haven't heard from someone in a while I will absolutely ask that person "Hey, what is <CHAR_NAME> up to?"

Oats on
  • Options

It is SORT OF a free for all as far as the order goes. But before someone does like three things we try and make sure other folks have had a chance to do one

So it's sort of a self policing thing where hey try and get in the spotlight for sure but don't hog it

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

It is SORT OF a free for all as far as the order goes. But before someone does like three things we try and make sure other folks have had a chance to do one

So it's sort of a self policing thing where hey try and get in the spotlight for sure but don't hog it

I would stress the collaborative nature of the game and point out that everyone is responsible for everyone getting fair shots at spotlight times. This shouldn't just be on the person running it but on everyone in the session should be thinking about who has gotten spotlight time and how to bring those lagging behind there up.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    The most common thing I've seen in terms of someone maybe not getting spotlighted as much as the others is when they throw up a Defend. Of all the moves, that one seems to most commonly sort of lock someone in over multiple turns in terms of not chiming in for a while.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Yea, defend is kind of just asking the DM "please attack so I can spend a hold" which is also cool, in narrative.

• Options
    ZEPHYR, YOU ARE NEEDED

• Options
    Zephyr, Rona wants to buy you a drink to say she's sorryyyyy

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Oh shit, daylights savings time is a thing to the rest of the world
    Be there in 15?

NeoToma on
  • Options
    We're undergoing technical gubbins so you have missed literally none of the things

• Options
    Thanks for showing up, gang! That was a ton of fun

• Options
    edited March 2017
    That went real well once we murdered the Gremlin of Technical Misery (original character do not steal).

Not too many sessions resolve themselves with the party taming a sandshark.

I came up with names for the former adventurers you spared.

One Armed Bard: Bartleby.
    Broken Paladin: Esme.

Oats on
  • Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Oh god, Guys!
    We have to have dragged the dead shark with us.
    Because Ding Level 2!
    Prodigy -> Animate Dead.
    We now have two Sand Sharks!

edit: although.. Prodigy -> Fireball would be a lot of fun..

SutibunRi on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Oats wrote: »

Wait, very important question, was there cookies Gary?

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Oats wrote: »

Wait, very important question, was there cookies Gary?

There were no cookies.

There was significant evidence that The Great Shamu may be a crossover deity.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Thrognar's probably going to take one of the "while you're on a quest" moves this level. Seeing as how he's permanently on the one quest, apparently.

• Options
    Zephyr Quinn, Known to the Sharks as Fonzzerilli is gonna do that ranger thing of disappearing for a while.
    Take tons of pipeweed, learn an Wild Empathy, and find God Amidst the Wastes

Return a weird shaman that can talk to animals.

• Options
    So... Ashe can scream shockwaves now and do beefy damage and deafen people. So that's cool

• Options
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Zephyr Quinn, Known to the Sharks as Fonzzerilli is gonna do that ranger thing of disappearing for a while.
    Take tons of pipeweed, learn an Wild Empathy, and find God Amidst the Wastes

Return a weird shaman that can talk to animals.

And maybe with another flag? Something not quite the same as Leader but where he shares his uh, 'Worldly Wisdom' with the party.

• Options
    I feel like Dra'alde should not stay at the wizards tower very long, he might become Wonka-esque.. hopefully Gene Wilder, but probably Johnny Depp.

• Options
    I figure the teleportation setup they have on their end is almost like a switchboard, complete with an operator plugging things in, rewiring it, etc (except more arcane so runestones instead of wires).

• Options
    Is dra'alde the only one who knows how to dial in the teleportation on our end

• Options
    Is dra'alde the only one who knows how to dial in the teleportation on our end

Yes!
    I am our Daniel Jackson! Walter.

But truthfully, Maybe? It depends on how many Big Words the wizards used, If they explained it all in Wizard-Speak, Dra'alde understood everything, and won't have thought to explain it to everyone else in laymans terms until asked about it. (We've got a thread for that on the Obsidian Portal!)

• Options
    Session Thursday night! Come join!

• Options
    I love that the Protection from Protection quest is updated with the guy being more desperate for help.

• Options
    Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

• Options
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    I love that the Protection from Protection quest is updated with the guy being more desperate for help.

I am working on incorporating some flow to the quests. Maybe someone else responds, maybe they get more desperate, maybe the issue isn't resolved and a gang of rogue blacksmiths construct a three story battlewagon and cover it with blades and spikes and raze a forest

• Options
    What I'm hearing is that you want to give us a three story battlewagon?
    Sounds good!

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I mean I hate timed missions in video games, but for here I think it would make sense.

Oh we didn't help defend the water caravan and they did their thing without us and lost half the wagons, too bad! Or the Greencloaks took the mission instead of us and succeeded beyond all expectations and now they have the exclusive contract for that from now on, we're just out of luck.

It'd be fun to see the world develop from our inaction as well as our action.

Aistan on
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Tuckwin is going to go get that cart his damn self at this rate. Wait, could he do that? Not as a full episode, but as possibly a really bad idea that he commits to?

QuantumTurk on
  • Options
    Aistan wrote: »
    I mean I hate timed missions in video games, but for here I think it would make sense.

Oh we didn't help defend the water caravan and they did their thing without us and lost half the wagons, too bad! Or the Greencloaks took the mission instead of us and succeeded beyond all expectations and now they have the exclusive contract for that from now on, we're just out of luck.

It'd be fun to see the world develop from our inaction as well as our action.

Yeah it's a thing I am working on as best as I can. Andrew and I have been bouncing ideas back and forth. I think at some point I need to get a big Google doc going to have plot points to come back to and so forth.

We have some rad shit in mind for the death character (s)

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Argh, of course the week I've got a random Tuesday off there's not a game tonight :(

How will the group survive without Father Killian to guide them?

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra