As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SMT/Persona: My Neighbor Morgana (P5 out 4/4, if you hold on life will change)

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Is Matador about equivalent to the Minotaur in 4? Or possible Medusa?

Minotaur and Medusa messed me up a lot in 4. Mostly because I kept getting the "friend" who would cast its strong element and fuck me over. Also Medusa paralyzing everyone to the point I had to evolve a Gremlin to get Raijin that was immune to her guns.

Then afterwards everything else was smooth sailing. Oh hello there boss monster meet Shiva, Lahkshmi, Metatron, and some dude who also has all the top elemental spells. And so do I. Discern weakness, ready, aim, Smirk.

Madican on
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Matador is a press turn abuser in the first couple hours of game

fusing some wind resistant demons + have the attack debuff or fog breathe helps alot

SMT Nocturne is pretty perfect

J3qcnBP.png
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Yea Matador is basically Nocturne's way of telling you that you probably need to actually pay attention to and use ALL the mechanics of the game.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    That... does sound like Minotaur's function, basically. I guess most SMTs probably have that

dN0T6ur.png
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i eventually did beat the fucker with wind resistant demons plus the wind resistant magatama (which i'd been using anyway)

debuffs were not doing me many favors because he kept doing that spell which cancels 'em. so i'd waste valuable punching him in the face time.

it was basically just him literally coming out of nowhere and none of my attacks landing that threw me

it also didn't help that he kept killing my healer

6vjsgrerts6r.png

i eventually did beat the fucker with wind resistant demons plus the wind resistant magatama (which i'd been using anyway)

debuffs were not doing me many favors because he kept doing that spell which cancels 'em. so i'd waste valuable punching him in the face time.

it was basically just him literally coming out of nowhere and none of my attacks landing that threw me

this is the reason why you debuff. he wastes a full turn casting the removal spell, which means less time spent healing for you

J3qcnBP.png
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    If teenagers don't mercilessly mock their elders then they aren't teenaging right

it's the natural cycle. everyone heaps shit on old people but with the understanding that some day you will be old and have some smart ass teenager do the same to you

edited March 2017
    fRAWRst wrote: »

this is the reason why you debuff. he wastes a full turn casting the removal spell, which means less time spent healing for you

he gets two moves per turn and was following it with that sword attack what hits everyone anyway, so i chose to heal and punish and heal and punish and took him out quick. because trying not to do that, he'd focus up and sword me to death

wish i had fog breath tho...

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    i started playing shin megami tensei: nocturne recently and nobody warned me about matador

Nobody expects that Spanish Inquisition.

There's two ways of fighting Matador: suffering until you get lucky enough to have a good pattern, or bringing Ameno Uzume and/or Null Force and having the battle on auto pilot.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    and now i'm fighting dante

what even is this dumb, beautiful game

6vjsgrerts6r.png

OH YES FRIEND

ITS GOOD

REALLY GOOD

(go for true demon ending)

J3qcnBP.png
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »

OH YES FRIEND

ITS GOOD

REALLY GOOD

(go for true demon ending)

Fuck the Candelabra dungeon place tho.

i don't know what that is and i refuse to look it up because i like these experiences pure

but if it's going for the evil ending: of course i am

that is always my goal

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    There's one ability you will NEED to have if you want to make it marginally less frustrating:
    Focus.

Another major ability can be gotten in the (optional) final labyrinth, which is also essential.

wVEsyIc.png
    basically the 1-2 combo of fog breath and debilitate have been carrying me thus far

nothing has been a threat, not even thor

i'm hoping to learn
    focus

myself, but i got a guy with it.

i also may have bought both devil summonet and digital devil saga games just now since they are five bucks a pop in the ps3 store

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Is Nocturne available digitally yet? I remember when I had to spend like $40 on Ebay to get a PS2 copy.

Thetheroo on
    edited March 2017
    yeah it's 5 bucks on the ps3 store

all smt games are for the next few days

so probably also for vita

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    @YaYa

this game is out soon

i seem to recall making an agreement with someone to stream this game for several days straight when it released

and i mean, i'm off monday night, all day tuesday, and all day wednesday, so

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    @YaYa

this game is out soon

i seem to recall making an agreement with someone to stream this game for several days straight when it released

and i mean, i'm off monday night, all day tuesday, and all day wednesday, so

well, hmm

I also have several days off of work that week

should we take this to the PMs

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    we can take it wherever you wanna take it

basically the 1-2 combo of fog breath and debilitate have been carrying me thus far

nothing has been a threat, not even thor

i'm hoping to learn
    focus

myself, but i got a guy with it.

i also may have bought both devil summonet and digital devil saga games just now since they are five bucks a pop in the ps3 store

One of the earliest Magatama teaches you it, but it might not unlock until later. If a Magatama stops moving when you have it equipped, swap to something else, because it isn't going to learn a new skill yet.

wVEsyIc.png
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/18/14963106/persona-5-special-editions-canceled-amazon

Mine didn't get hit with that but it sucks.

My running theory is that Amazon misinterpreted the title and thought they were selling human hearts.

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I'm about to beat Persona 4 Golden you guys.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    I'm about to beat Persona 4 Golden you guys.

Golden ending?

True/Golden/Max social links. The whole bit.

I did it. Running the last boss at 90+ with Yukiko/Chie/Kanji is not too hard, really.

• BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Nothing is hard with that party.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    Blackjack wrote: »

They're the best and it's kind of not even close?

Naoto is good for late game dungeon running when you can mahamaon/mamudoon a bunch of shit. So I was running the ladies' party for a while. But Kanji just hits so goddamn hard. Yukiko is the ultimate magic-user, and Chie also hits hard and has Dragon Hustle.

the best p4 party:

anybody but teddie

6vjsgrerts6r.png

edited March 2017
    the best p4 party:

anybody but teddie

As someone who took Teddie all the way to endgame and the optional boss, I firmly disagree.

Marakukaja made him essential. Decent healer, too.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    oh this has nothing to do with how useful he may or may not be, i just hated him so he never got to be in my party

see also: ken in p3

fuck that kid

6vjsgrerts6r.png

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy, cj. You used Teddie because you needed Marakukaja, but you needed Marakukaja because you used Teddie.

If you just kill things before they can move, you don't need defense.

camo_sig2.png

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy, cj. You used Teddie because you needed Marakukaja, but you needed Marakukaja because you used Teddie.

If you just kill things before they can move, you don't need defense.

It could just be that I like the squeaky shoes.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    oh this has nothing to do with how useful he may or may not be, i just hated him so he never got to be in my party

see also: ken in p3

fuck that kid

That was me with Heat in Digital Devil Saga.

Moth 13 on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    as someone who never used teddie i balk at the definition of essential

liEt3nH.png
    Kanji has Matarukaja though. Hitting things harder is better.

My team was Chie, Kanji, and Teddie.

wVEsyIc.png
    MC has all three buffs auto-cast. That's the best. :P

camo_sig2.png

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »

They're the best and it's kind of not even close?

Naoto is good for late game dungeon running when you can mahamaon/mamudoon a bunch of shit. So I was running the ladies' party for a while. But Kanji just hits so goddamn hard. Yukiko is the ultimate magic-user, and Chie also hits hard and has Dragon Hustle.

Shield of Justice is kind of nice too, albeit also stupid expensive and you could just mediarahan after for half the cost. But I mean it lets you not defend and just keep swinging.

Not as good as Dragon Hustle, or Yukiko's fire nuke (can't recall the name).

There are far too many games dropping this spring and it's just awful though.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Naoto is good for random dungeon mooks

Chie is better for boss battles

This discussion has been closed.