As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Constructive Feedback - East 2017

13»

• MarioManiacMarioManiac Registered User regular
    ltgrunt wrote: »
    This was our fourth PAX East; I finally feel like I have a handle on what I'm doing and I don't feel lost and overwhelmed by the size of the thing. It wasn't a bad year, at least not in my estimation. However, this is the first year that I've had enough things happening around the same time that I really felt the sense of disappointment from knowing that I definitely wasn't going to be able to see and do everything that I wanted.

The lines have always been an issue for me. I know Jerry has described PAX previously as "lines punctuated by fun," but it feels like that's gotten out of control. Having to decide not to see a panel at 1:00 because I'm interested in a panel at 3:00 and I can't take a chance on the 3:00 line capping before my 1:00 panel gets out is putting a damper on things. The Acq. Inc. line is even worse, because it never seems to follow the "lines start 1 hour before" rule that other panels at least occasionally adhere to. We had to leave the 10:00-11:00 History of Zelda panel at 10:30 because I got the notification that the Acq. Inc. line was starting. Then we spent 2.5 hours standing and waiting. I don't think lottery systems are going to make anyone happy, because the Acq. Inc. show is one of my Must See events each year, and missing out on it by chance would be rage-inducing. I'm curious if they've looked into restricting the line start times to 15-30 minutes before each panel and having the Enforcers shoo away anyone who tries to camp out or hover too soon. I feel like these endless lines are just a product of "it's always been this way," and if we could just re-teach everyone to line up later it might help everyone get to see and do more stuff.

The D&D Adventurer's League games were running on 2-hour blocks and ditched last year's wait lists in favor of having people show up 30 minutes ahead of time. It worked out well, and we were able to get into a few games over the weekend. The 6:00 game Saturday evening pulled a bigger crowd, but they were able to pull in a couple pinch hitter DM's and got people playing. Getting to play a few games of D&D (and take a break from being DM for my home group) was a big positive for this year.

What was up with the Staff pin trading event this year? We weren't able to hit all of the staff tables like we did the past three years; the Enforcers seemed to be rushing the groups through with shorter trading times than last year. We got some lunch after we went through, and around 4:30 I went back to see if I could run through again to get the staff pins we missed, but the line entrance was taped off. The group that was still waiting was easily small enough to get through well before the 5:00 cutoff time for the staff trading, especially as fast as the Enforcers were rushing everyone through. Also, why was there not a PA signing event?

With the exception of Bethesda's corner, the Expo Hall seems to be getting better every year regarding flow and crowd sizes. I'm not as disappointed in the lack of AAA games on the show floor, mostly because when there are AAA games the lines to play them are always too long to bother with. I did like the way that Kabam booth handled their Transformers: Forged to Fight demo on Saturday. It was a short demo and they were cycling people through at a reasonable rate.

The BCEC food seemed better this year. Maybe I'm just accustomed to it? Finding a hidden food counter around the corner from one of the escalators on the expo floor was a big plus. Also, the Canadian bacon, egg, and cheese on pretzel bread sandwiches Saturday really hit the spot for a cold morning.

I liked the Twitch lounge a lot more than I expected to. The free drinks and snacks and the charging stations were nice bonuses.

I noticed the same thing about the staff trading event. It was my first staff event I've gone to but I was disappointed when I was shooed away with three staff members still left to go. That really made me upset. At first I thought "Oh I didn't know there was a time limit". But now after reading some of the comments on here, I realize that there never was one in the past and this was very unusual the way they ran things this year. Next year I won't dilly dally and will move as quickly as I can in case the same thing happens. But it would be nice to know ahead of time if there will be a limit on how long you can trade. That was honestly my biggest letdown, as I'm really getting into pin collecting/trading more and more. If they hadn't rushed people through, I'd have easily gotten a complete staff set.

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious shit!"
    signature_zpsh4qstnbp.png
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/MarioManiac
  • TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Been to every PAX East at the BCEC so far and I have to say, this was my least enjoyable yet.

Pros:
    • The security lines felt faster than ever. (There's a con that seems to explain this)
    • Kickstarter room is fantastic. I happened to have already backed about half the games in there but it was nice seeing great games given a focus.
    • The diversity lounge is great as well. I loved seeing it become...well...more diverse this year. Some of my favorite conversations all weekend tend to happen here at those booths.
    • The variety of indies is always getting better and it's amazing to see.
    • The Enforcers seemed in the best spirits I've ever seen. I've had some encounters with really grumpy and powerdrunk ones in the past, never had any issue this year.
    • BCEC staff seemed to learn how to be nice too.
    Cons:
    • The weather sucked. I believe at one point there was a -6 windchill. It's absolutely brutal. If there's any way to improve the dates, we need to move a bit later.
    • Security is theater and an absolute joke. They barely check anything. I come with a full sized backpack. They hardly looked in the one pouch I opened. They don't go any further than that, they don't seem to care that I set off the metal detector at all. If you're going to waste everyone's morning with the promise of security, actually do some work to make the place secure.
    • Following that point, I didn't get my badge checked a single time all weekend. Numerous times my badge was hidden by my zipped up hoodie and it was never questioned. I even heard of one person walking the floor with no badge asking to buy one off of people there.
    • Twitch/streamer/youtuber and esports cultures are eating up more and more space. I know they're an inevitability but they don't need such massive plots of land on the expo floor when they can fit into a theater and not clog the place up so badly. The two massive booths for Twitch seemed excessive. Twitchcon and Vidcon are both things that would be far better suited for their large scale presence and audiences.
    • I know this isn't in control but this year felt like more people were kind of dicks than before. I've only had one or two instances through all my past years but this time around everyone felt grumpy and nobody seemed friendly and willing to chat in with their line neighbors anymore.
    • The staff at the Intercontinental Boston hotel seemed to resent the traffic they were getting for the event. None of my group felt welcome in the building for our entire stay. I get that it's a 5 star hotel and we're clearly not their typical clients but we're still paying customers. You would think for a hotel getting a big surge in business for the show, they'd appreciate the people who are paying them a bit more.
    • The swag bag is a waste. Either start to put value in there or save some trees and stop making them all together.
    • The panels felt a bit lacking. The big ones feel more and more like desperate and blatant sales pitches lately, the small ones seem to be a bit more disorganized or have technical troubles. I love the diversity coming from panels in recent years but most just don't pack much strength like they used to a few years back.
    • I felt like bigger games were a lacking presence this year. The proximity to GDC surely hurt the floor this year. I generally know what I want from the big companies and won't waste 2 hours+ in their line to play a game I'm sure to get, but it feels a bit weak to see so many games already out being shown off by the likes of Microsoft and Sony.
    • Wasn't really feeling the newer acts at the concerts this year. How did MC Frontalot get bumped from the last slot on Saturday night? That felt like a massive misstep. Also, can there be some sort of effort to maybe book acts that are a bit more compatible each night. It feels the Protomen, Bit Brigade and Viking Guitar all would have made a far better line up on a single night than split over both.
    • It didn't appear that ANYONE cared about VR headset sanitation.

Other:
    • While free bag check is nice, I'm pretty sure those ridiculous lines at all of them would have been much better if you had to pay a few bucks. The rate never felt excessive in the past, I'll pay it if I don't need to wait 30 minutes just to use it.
    • I love music games but I'm pretty sure it's time to rotate out the Dance Central stage. Seemed quieter than ever.
    • Are the shades really needed on the skybridge after the hall closes? It makes the north one in particular absurdly dark. And it's just kind of cool to see the floor cleared out.
    • Can we start sticking shop booths to a whole section of their own? Seems like a missed chance to make the floor even more organized.
    • Can we do something to label the floor better? Booth numbers don't mean much when there's zero markings anywhere. Am I crazy or do I remember seeing banners listing what number block a row was years ago?

• BlitherPantsBlitherPants Registered User regular
    Can we start sticking shop booths to a whole section of their own? Seems like a missed chance to make the floor even more organized.

I really like that idea! I think it would definitely help organize the crowd.

"WHAT IS THIS DEFIANCE."
    -Black Doom
    m21di0kqu3em.png
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Security is theater and an absolute joke. They barely check anything. I come with a full sized backpack. They hardly looked in the one pouch I opened. They don't go any further than that, they don't seem to care that I set off the metal detector at all. If you're going to waste everyone's morning with the promise of security, actually do some work to make the place secure.
    Keep in mind PAX East had four events without security and I imagine after the bombing it was done as a token gesture for peace of mind.

Granted, I agree that if it's going to be half-assed then they shouldn't bother. But between the dogs and metal detectors I feel like they don't need to be super thorough with the bag checks.

YL9WnCY.png
  • PurpleSkyPurpleSky Registered User regular
    asdc
    Security is theater and an absolute joke. They barely check anything. I come with a full sized backpack. They hardly looked in the one pouch I opened. They don't go any further than that, they don't seem to care that I set off the metal detector at all. If you're going to waste everyone's morning with the promise of security, actually do some work to make the place secure.
    Keep in mind PAX East had four events without security and I imagine after the bombing it was done as a token gesture for peace of mind.

Granted, I agree that if it's going to be half-assed then they shouldn't bother. But between the dogs and metal detectors I feel like they don't need to be super thorough with the bag checks.

I agree with this. I'd rather have the half-assed security then make it where it takes forever to get into the building. I can guarantee the same people complaining about this poor security check will complain about it taking too long to get into the convention center if they beef it up. Granted they should wand better if the detector goes off but aside from that I'm fine with how it is.

• Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    PurpleSky wrote: »
    asdc

I agree with this. I'd rather have the half-assed security then make it where it takes forever to get into the building. I can guarantee the same people complaining about this poor security check will complain about it taking too long to get into the convention center if they beef it up. Granted they should wand better if the detector goes off but aside from that I'm fine with how it is.
    Their complaints are more along the lines of "If we're going to wait in long lines for security only to have it done half-assed, then why do it at all?" I get it, but the security is there as more of a deterrent than anything else.

Personally, I think security is getting better every year. Either that or I'm just more used to it, so it's super fluid and normal for me. Either way you look at it, security checks are there and they aren't going anywhere. I try to be super friendly to them and usually they respond in kind. I have my bag open, ready, and do exactly as they ask. They're happier when they feel like they're being listened to or don't feel like they're being given a hard time.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
    edited March 2017
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Their complaints are more along the lines of "If we're going to wait in long lines for security only to have it done half-assed, then why do it at all?" I get it, but the security is there as more of a deterrent than anything else.

Personally, I think security is getting better every year. Either that or I'm just more used to it, so it's super fluid and normal for me. Either way you look at it, security checks are there and they aren't going anywhere. I try to be super friendly to them and usually they respond in kind. I have my bag open, ready, and do exactly as they ask. They're happier when they feel like they're being listened to or don't feel like they're being given a hard time.

I get the concept too but it is a little troubling to see requests for more irksome security. I do agree with the fact that they should not be ignoring the metal detectors but other than that I'd prefer to leave it as is. I don't want to see it become like airport security, that'd be awful.

PurpleSky on
  • wolfligh26wolfligh26 Registered User new member
    This was my first PAX and I had a good time, but left with mixed feelings. Most of that was the attitude I went to the convention with. I went wanting to meet Let's Players and that left me disappointed at the end. Going with the mindset to enjoy the Expo hall and the games themselves, is a better way to go at it. There are things that I think would help with this issue. The lines need to be more organized. People making pre-lines is going to happen and they need to figure out how to deal with them, apart from letting them mob. Whether they set up separate areas for pre-lines or they try to stop the pre-lining, something needs to be done and that might help counter act the hurt feeling that people are walking away with. One of the lines I had tried to get into was in the expo hall itself for a signing. They kept having to push us back out of the doorways for fire codes, which was understandable, but they were pushing the people who had been there the longest to the back of the mob and letting the new people to the front and then they were the ones to get into the line. This caused a lot of the frustration that people were feeling.

I'm really excited for PAX next year and will be going with a better idea of what I'm going for. Hopefully they can figure out how to handle the crowds coming up for these people and organize it in a way that everyone can enjoy their con experience, no matter what they are there for.

P.S. The enforcers were so wonderful for dealing with all of these line issues over the weekend and they deserve so much recognition for what they have to deal with.

• havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular
    • Are the shades really needed on the skybridge after the hall closes? It makes the north one in particular absurdly dark. And it's just kind of cool to see the floor cleared out.

Its funny that you mention this. I kinda found this odd myself. I've always thought it was cool to walk across the skybridge "after hours" and check out the spectacle of the Expo Hall without the masses of people moving through it, and I also noticed this year like, "Oh, they've got shades pulled down? Huh, that's disappointing..." Does it serve any practical purpose, other than not letting people look into an empty Expo Hall? It just felt weird.

XyqJPIp.png
  • TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    PurpleSky wrote: »
    Le_Goat wrote: »

I get the concept too but it is a little troubling to see requests for more irksome security. I do agree with the fact that they should not be ignoring the metal detectors but other than that I'd prefer to leave it as is. I don't want to see it become like airport security, that'd be awful.

I'm not a fan of bigger security. I don't fly because of all that post-9/11 invasive BS. I get uncomfortable seeing militarized police in Penn Station. But if you're going to make people wait 20+ minutes in below freezing weather to get a once over and ignore whatever sets off the metal detector, don't waste our time to begin with just to give the illusion of security.

• cancercancer Registered User new member
    edited March 2017
    Negatives
    • There still needs to be a better way to deal with capped lines. If you do as instructed and come back in the given amount of time, squatters will have already re-filled the line and it will be re-capped. If you are a jerk and squat around the line (exactly what they tell you not to do), then you might have a small chance of getting in the line. This encourages people to break the rules, and no one likes that. I don't have a magic solution, but here are some suggestions:
      1. Make vendors reserve an appropriate amount of line space in proportion to their size/anticipated draw (I realize this might be hard to predict, but if you're the only AAA game at PAX, then it's probably pretty large). This line space doesn't necessarily have to be near the game, as long as enforcers can lead people from one queue area to the next.
      2. Implement a "deli ticket" system, where you can get a ticket to come back at a certain time. This way you don't crowd the aisles near the end of the line while you wait.
    • Tabletop organization - Free play tabletop area was too small and/or being used as a break area instead of for gaming. There should be other areas for people to take a break and/or eat so that this area can be reserved for active TT game players.
    • Would be nice to be able to get a beer inside the BCEC again.
    • I agree with what has been said before on the date (cold), security (inconsistent), swag (too much work for too little swag), and lack of AAA games (concerning).

Positives
    • Great indie game selection.
    • Enforcers were great as usual.
    • Increased table-top presence welcome.
    • Free coat check at multiple locations.

I have gone to every PAX East, and I find myself enjoying PAX less and less. I realize that this is largely out of PAX's control, but PAX has been changing to be and more of a streaming/esports focused event, two things I personally don't have any interest in. I really enjoy being able to try games before they are released, and there seem to be fewer of those opportunities. I don't find it worthwhile to wait in a line to play a game that I can go home and buy instead.

cancer on
    wj6NeZO.png
  • caitlin147caitlin147 Registered User regular
    I also submitted a survey but I have to say I had another great time at PAX East this year. It was my third and I definitely feel like I had a good sense of everything going on and what I wanted to do/where I wanted to go.

My main focus is tabletop games and I loved being able to demo a bunch I was interested in. I have zero knowledge/interest in Twitch but with the coat check being free (a great gesture in the harsh March weather) and the lounge with snacks they really had a positive presense. I also liked watching the indie developers talk about their games.

The PAX XP with photo stations was a fantastic idea. I had trouble getting the photo so I could actually save it to my phone but I think I figured it out eventually. I agree the resolution could have been better and it was weird that it automatically tweeted it from me. I was also sad you had to so the XP stations in order and it made me lose interest sadly.

One thing I will say for everyone commenting on the metal detectors... they have lights which indicate where on your body the metal was. So if you walk through holding your phone above your head it will beep but the officer knows that it's just youe phone setting it off.

They did not seem to care much about badges though, my friend held his in his pocket for a while before finding a lanyard.

But overall I had a wonderful time and I can't wait for next year! I'm even hoping to attend 1 day of PAX Unplugged (it's the weekend of my best friend's wedding).

Thank you to all of the PA staff, the Enforcers, and all the vendors and volunteers who make PAX awesome each year!!

• akbogertakbogert Registered User regular
    Just a note on the security matter: I've seen similarly lax bag checking at other major venues, so that didn't bother me so much. But having people carry their phones through the metal detector made the entire presence of having metal detectors laughable. People are in line leading up to the checkpoint long enough that I don't think it'd make the lines much slower to just have people empty their metal stuff into bags/bins and at least have the metal detectors serve a purpose.

paxattendsig.png
  • GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    The phones makes sense, on the other side of the metal detector they can see what "areas" you are lighting up with metal.

The being said, I had a large metal brace on my knee all weekend, and made it in and out of the BCEC with only one security person noticing I set off the alarm in a odd spot and wanding me. That's probably a good 10 exits and entrances. The brace came up to mid thigh, so it easily could have been something in my pockets.

• SlayerEssenceSlayerEssence Registered User new member
    These are a few quick notes that stand out to me. This is my second PAX, after PAX East 2016.

Pros:
    • Security lines were quick. I understand the concerns about walking through and setting off the alarms, but the machines do indicate which area was triggered. So, for the most part, the guards could see it was the stuff over your head setting the alarm off.
    • Enforcers were friendly and helpful. I did not encounter any bad apples this year.
    • It was fun! As always, it's great being in the atmosphere, around the games, the excitement of the expo hall, the variety of panels, seeing friends.
    • Swag Bags - I liked there were demos included this year, and huge shout out to Twitch for providing the oversized backpacks on Saturday. It made carrying swag so much easier, and meant we did not have to wait in the bag check line to get in the building, as we were provided bags upon arrival.
    • Twitch Sponsorship - Free coat check was much appreciated, especially in the winter. Thanks Twitch for putting so much love into PAX.

Cons:
    • Inconsistent Panels. Some panels were not what was represented in their description, and some panels were extremely unprepared. IGN's panel on Video Games are Dumb & We Love them for that was not what I was expecting, and by their own admission, they did no prep for the show. I also thought NewEgg's State of PC gaming could have been tailored better for the description. I'm sure PAX doesn't have much direct control over this, and when a company such as IGN propose a panel idea, you should be able to trust them to do as they say, but I feel like there should be at least some verbal warning given to cases like these.
    • Lack of an AAA presence. 2016 felt larger and more of a spectacle. Maybe it was because it was my first PAX, or maybe it is the state of the industry, but that is just my observation. Again, nothing that PAX can probably directly control.
    • Bathroom lines for men. Not sure what can be done either, it's more of a venue problem, but perhaps have some tape on the floor denoting waiting lines for stalls vs urinals? It would help the lines and make it less confusing and awkward while waiting.

With that said, see you in 2018 at PAX South, East, or West! Maybe one or all, thanks again for another good show.

PAXEast2016.pngPAXEast2017.pngUpcomingPaxUnplugged2017.png
  • akbogertakbogert Registered User regular
    GhostDan wrote: »
    The phones makes sense, on the other side of the metal detector they can see what "areas" you are lighting up with metal.

If that's the case, then I obviously just have no idea how modern metal detectors work. The rest of what you said highlights the need for maybe a bit more scrutiny, but I feel better about their system with this explanation.

paxattendsig.png
    akbogert wrote: »
    Just a note on the security matter: I've seen similarly lax bag checking at other major venues, so that didn't bother me so much. But having people carry their phones through the metal detector made the entire presence of having metal detectors laughable. People are in line leading up to the checkpoint long enough that I don't think it'd make the lines much slower to just have people empty their metal stuff into bags/bins and at least have the metal detectors serve a purpose.

This is exactly what I'm saying. If they do this then the security will be fine and we don't need any extra inconveniences. Give them any chance to make security more restrictive and they'll take it. Requesting security checks to go away now that they're in place is not going to happen just because the security check is poor.

These are a few quick notes that stand out to me. This is my second PAX, after PAX East 2016.

Cons:
    • Inconsistent Panels. Some panels were not what was represented in their description, and some panels were extremely unprepared. IGN's panel on Video Games are Dumb & We Love them for that was not what I was expecting, and by their own admission, they did no prep for the show. I also thought NewEgg's State of PC gaming could have been tailored better for the description. I'm sure PAX doesn't have much direct control over this, and when a company such as IGN propose a panel idea, you should be able to trust them to do as they say, but I feel like there should be at least some verbal warning given to cases like these.

I agree with this. The dumb games panel was terrible and honestly it's lame when the panelists admit to not prepping. Maybe PAX can setup (sorry if this exists already) panel rating system to get a good idea on specific panels and how people felt about them. The dumb games panel was the only one I didn't like out of the 7 I went to but it would be nice to relay that info to PAX in a way that's specific to panels only, instead of this feedback forum. GDC used to have panel rating papers you'd fill out at the end of the panel and turn in. Not sure if they still do that but something like that might be nice.

• Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    I believe you are able to rate the panels on the Pax East app

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
    edited March 2017
    I believe you are able to rate the panels on the Pax East app

Doesn't help much when you are either rating it blind off of the title and description or rating it after the fact. It won't really make the difference in deciding to go to a panel or not since there's no helpful information to base the rating on. There were a few social justice type panels that I saw hit with low ratings before they ever started and then came back up a bit after they happened. It's a neat idea to rate the panels but if anything, it's mostly useful for the ones you may want to watch later online and even more helpful for the organizers to know what works and doesn't when planning next year.

Edit: Also, super small sample size. I'm flipping through ratings now out of curiosity and most seem to peak around 5-7 people rating. The few exceptions seem to be the SJ type panels I mentioned before. Check the "Black Girl Gamers" panel on Saturday and "How to Broadcast safely as a POC/LGBTQIA/Female ID'd Streamer" on Sunday. Highest population of ratings I can find. Seems like the system got abused by some assholes this year.

Extra edit: Where's the Friday schedule before 7:30PM? I don't have anything showing up there at all.

TopherRocks on
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I didn't know I could rate the panels in the app - that's too bad because I was definitely unimpressed with Newegg's. I'm not sure what the best way would be to avoid people tanking reviews on purpose though. And even then, would it be enough for them to tell a sponsor they shouldn't host a panel?

• LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    There were a lot of new features to the app this year I wish I'd known about sooner- like the line status tracker, telling how full a given panel's lineup was.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Cobalt BlueCobalt Blue Registered User regular
    There were a lot of new features to the app this year I wish I'd known about sooner- like the line status tracker, telling how full a given panel's lineup was.

I forgot that as a "PRO"! The line trackers in the app were soooooooooooooooo useful

PPrdvOH.png
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular

Cons:
    1. My one major major gripe was not having scarfs was a big hit against the "welcome home" feeling.
    Those things sold out like hot cakes every year. Not sure if the shirts were meant to replace them but if so, it's definitely not as memorable. I say bring them back and up the amount you produce so it doesn't become a mandatory 2-hour line on day 1 like before.

2. I'll also add to the general swagbag mindset: I gave up on them a few years ago when most of it was fairly useless.
    Save some trees!

3. I also recommend better signage around the panel areas to let people know what wing they're on.
    We have the panel rooms identified, but not the wings themselves. This would greatly help people in figuring out where to go. Include in this something that tells you what floor as well. NW1, NW2, NE1, NE2, etc.

As for pros: Enforcers are always an amazing group. Keep it up!

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    We actually had leftover scarves at the end of the show in 2014, 2015 and 2016. And don't worry, we plan to bring them back.

Far as what wing, if you know what panel room you are near, you know what wing. All the panels that start with A are in the top right (when looking at the show map), B is top left, etc. And if its a flying animal its on floor 2, ground animal floor one, and fish floor 0.

Congrats, you have now leveled up as a PAX attendee.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
    Beker wrote: »
    We actually had leftover scarves at the end of the show in 2014, 2015 and 2016. And don't worry, we plan to bring them back.

Were they lost boxes because I've been told they were sold out at the booth in the main lobby before.

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    I'm not sure, I was not working merch at the time. It may have been there were some misplaced ones, or one of the merch area's was temporarily sold out until they restocked from the other merch booth. Sorry.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Moondanser83Moondanser83 Registered User new member
    I agree with the many frustrations about the signing lines filling up before the convention was even supposed to be open.

While 2017 was my first Pax, I have been to other cons and the most efficient way I've discovered is how Playlist Live now deals
    with big signings. With guests like JackSepticEye and Markiplier there will obviously be people coming to the con to meet
    them specifically, while I liked that Pax East did their signings on separate days another suggestion would be sign ups when
    passes are purchased and table. A sign up option selected during or after pass purchases (signified by a badge or wrist band
    mailed out with the convention badges) would prevent people lining up hours early because a spot for them would be guaranteed.

Another thing that would make things smoother is tables in the singing areas.
    Many people who attend this types of events (including the featured guests) suffer from anxiety in close packed crowds.
    If doors opened for singing at a specific time attendees with the pass/badge/wristband were brought in and seated it would
    save a lot of trouble and anxiety of standing in lines and waiting in hallways. Another thing that was done at previous YouTuber
    signings is that they would go from table to table spending a few minutes interacting and doing their signings.
    This keeps the stress down and gives each table a little more of a personal experience.

Other than missing signings that I wanted to go to, I had a great experience at Pax East 2017 and an eagerly waiting for the
    2018 badges to go on sale!