As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East Cosplay Thread 2017

1235»

• Options
    mieumieu Registered User regular
    Yup, they were amazing.
    I managed to get your Cassie in my set of Cosplay photos.

Aaah! Thank you for sharing! Actually got some of the knotwork on the skirt, too!

• Options
    TurQTurQ New York CityRegistered User regular
    mieu wrote: »
    The cosplay was amazing this year, as usual!!

I went as Cassie from Paladins and as a Warrior from World of Warcraft (in Vanilla/BC gear). Would love any photos, especially if you took a pic of Cassie when I had her hawk with me on Friday!

pdxmVyv.png

I also cosplayed vanilla warrior, but as part of the argent dawn. Quick question for you. How did you transport all those armor and props? Wasn't it a pain?

• Options
    NFGNFG NintendoFanGirl Registered User regular
    Hey all! We managed to finish Zelda & Zelda and I had a great time wearing her on Saturday until about 4-5 when my wig suddenly refused to stay on my head. We met some other great zelda cosplayers too, whom I'd love to stay in touch with if you're reading this!

Already planning for my next BOTW cosplay, now that I'm farther in the game and know of a few more options. :,)

7tc3jy5qx0nd.png

S2ieAvx.png
  • Options
    FunnelKing27FunnelKing27 Registered User regular
    Got some cosplay pics on my Imigur. Not man but here it is.
    https://imgur.com/a/kQSOQ

• Options
    sammillssammills NJRegistered User regular
    Grimglaive wrote: »

Huge fan of genderswap, and this Genji is fantastic!

Thanks a bunch! :)

yJyIjnX.png

• Options
    SilverIceDragonSilverIceDragon New YorkRegistered User regular
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    @SilverIceDragon Were you playing tabletop games on Saturday night in your armor without the helmet on somewhere around 8-10pm near the Eureka booth? (Tabletop area, side furthest from the food stalls)
    If so, I was at the next table over playing board games as well! And your armor looks awesome in person! (If not, there was someone with a very similar costume to yours!)

Yup that was me lol. It's so nice to have a costume I could actually sit down and play games in this year (I usually do big armor cosplays). And thanks :-)

• Options
    MelSnyMelSny New JerseyRegistered User regular
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    @SilverIceDragon Were you playing tabletop games on Saturday night in your armor without the helmet on somewhere around 8-10pm near the Eureka booth? (Tabletop area, side furthest from the food stalls)
    If so, I was at the next table over playing board games as well! And your armor looks awesome in person! (If not, there was someone with a very similar costume to yours!)

Yup that was me lol. It's so nice to have a costume I could actually sit down and play games in this year (I usually do big armor cosplays). And thanks :-)

Can I ask how you do your armor cosplays? What do you make the armor with? I have heard many methods.

signature.png

"You want to kill me? You couldn't even kill my boredom" - Roronoa Zoro (One Piece).

Attending PAX East since 2011.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    MelSny wrote: »
    Can I ask how you do your armor cosplays? What do you make the armor with? I have heard many methods.

For the armor, I mainly use single layer worbla or thibra over craft foam (as opposed to Kamui's two layer sandwich method, which is expensive and heavy). I like to use apoxie sculpt or sometimes puff paint for the embellishments.

I have some progress pictures and tutorials on my Facebook page if you're curious. There is a whole album of WIP photos for the black knight, and I'll create something similar for the Abyss Watcher when I have the time. https://www.facebook.com/SilverIceDragonCosplay/

SilverIceDragon on
  • Options
    NFGNFG NintendoFanGirl Registered User regular
    MelSny wrote: »

For the armor, I mainly use single layer worbla or thibra over craft foam (as opposed to Kamui's two layer sandwich method, which is expensive and heavy). I like to use apoxie sculpt or sometimes puff paint for the embellishments.

I have some progress pictures and tutorials on my Facebook page if you're curious. There is a whole album of WIP photos for the black knight, and I'll create something similar for the Abyss Watcher when I have the time. https://www.facebook.com/SilverIceDragonCosplay/

How do you make a layer of Thibra over craft foam work? I discovered while working on Zelda that Thibra likes to stick to a lot of things, but craft foam is not one of those things :P

S2ieAvx.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    NFG wrote: »
    How do you make a layer of Thibra over craft foam work? I discovered while working on Zelda that Thibra likes to stick to a lot of things, but craft foam is not one of those things :P

Yes, thibra (or worbla) doesn't stick to eva foam very well, but I usually cut the plastic maybe an inch larger than the foam on all sides, cut little tabs and fold those onto the back of the foam. That way, all the edges are completely encased in thermoplastic, and there's no chance it will come off.

SilverIceDragon on
  • Options
    MelSnyMelSny New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Any of you see random items on clearance and think...."ohhhh I should buy that, maybe I could use it on some random cosplay in the future." Cause I think that a lot. Haha

signature.png

"You want to kill me? You couldn't even kill my boredom" - Roronoa Zoro (One Piece).

Attending PAX East since 2011.