As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] RPS Phalla - Game Over.

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Round 4 has concluded.

Votes and actions taken at x:59 or before will count; votes and actions taken at x:00 or later will not count.

Results will be up in about a half hour. Status PMs will go out at approximately the same time.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited March 2017
    Start of Round 5

Eliminated Players
    Gizzy
    Sir Fabulous

Eliminated Features
    Two, Three
    Blue, Green
    Triangle, Square

Current Features
    One (x3), Two (x3), Three (x5)
    Red (x2), Blue (x4), Green (x5)
    Triangle (x5), Square (x5), Circle (x1)

Round 5 Form

Round 5 is scheduled to end Tuesday, March 21, 9pm PDT / Wednesday, March 22, 12am EDT / 4am UTC.
    EDIT: All update PMs are now out.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Forgot to vote yesterday. Let's not make the same error again, placeholding with Premium

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Make post GG

• Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    discrider still holds my ire

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Make post GG

Fine, you lied to me this whole time, lied to everyone this whole time, made me waste an ability day 1 then "Screwed up" your part of it and somehow you are still on the field. Since there doesn't seem to be mafia, this is a faction game, which means now that I know your faction, I can see that I don't need you alive for me to win, so take your post and smoke it.

Discrider

I did not make you "waste" an ability day 1.
    You decided to use it to check my claim before I even looked at it, although I did agree that yes you could indeed use the ability to check.

And afterwards, when it became certain that I had lied instead of just highly likely, yes I was flippant about the fact that I had lied.

I am rather surprised that so many people expected me to be telling the truth about Rock Paper Scissors when I was not offering any information about my card.

Like, did no-one else ever play Rock Paper Scissors as a kid?
    The whole point was trying to second-guess your opponent.

Also the math in this game kills you if random people try to tie.
    But that's not quite so obvious.

And I also never organised anyone's chips for them through those messages.
    The whole point was to put some information out there and have people try to play RPS with me.

I'm pretty sure everyone's got me on Random now permanently so I guess that didn't work out.

So in all, I apologise to everyone who apparently did not play Rock Paper Scissors the way I play Rock Paper Scissors, and therefore did not immediately expect lying from their competitor.

(Note to self: Next Rock Paper Scissors game, message everyone the truth immediately and win the first round)

Also if anyone who hasn't messaged me about what attributes they share with my card (3 green squares) wants to, now would be a good time to do so.

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Premium

On second thought, GG

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    GG, now might be the time to convince me otherwise.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    @Brody @Cythraul Since, like me, you each have already had a night of inactivity, don't forget to vote tonight. That goes double for Cythraul since his missed vote was last night.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    GG

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Sorry discrider but GG only has a reason to contact Assuran if there's a chance of being knocked out of the lead if he switches votes. While I wouldn't be a party to that convo, I might be able to learn things from what happens as a result. Since you're the runner-up, that requires bringing your count back up into contention.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Yes yes.
    This is of course why you have a vested interest in attacking me.

edited March 2017
    To be clear why I want to see if that deal goes through: It means they've got a shared wincon. I think I've worked out the list of what cards were eliminated each night, and which are still in play. But the voting record has been really uninformative so far so I need some interesting switches to work off of if I want to deduce who's who. I won't know automatically what they are or even what their shared wincon is, but it's a step forward at least.

Okay, so, host says there are:
    • 3x 1's, 3x 2's, and 5x 3's left
    • 2x reds, 4x blues, and 5x greens
    • 5x triangle(s), 5x square(s), and 1x circle(s) remaining

If I've worked out the missing cards and days' eliminations correctly, then there are 3x 3 green [shapes] and 3x [#] blue triangles still in play. These are the only two blocks that share more than one win con that have more than two players left. Of course I should point out that if I'm right, one or more players were lying about their card in PMs. If I'm wrong, one or more other players were lying about their card in this thread. Edit: I'm inclined to believe the in-thread statements over PMs, because there's a bigger risk involved.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Unless GG has announced his alignment somewhere I missed, I'm good with this vote.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    discrider

Sorry for dropping off the face of the earth there. Hectic times right now.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
    Approximately one hour until the round ends. Make sure that your votes and actions are recorded.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Round 5 has concluded.

Votes and actions taken at x:59 or before will count; votes and actions taken at x:00 or later will not count.

Results will be up in about a half hour. Status PMs will go out at approximately the same time.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Am I dead yet?
    I keep losing track.

edited March 2017
    Barring a bunch of people using the 2x vote power against you (and no one using it for you), I think you're still alive. Even at a tie, GG reached 5 first, so if I understand the OP's 'in case of tie votes' rule then you should be safe.

Edit: I just realized that's why Virgil bought it and you didn't day 3 (at the time I just assumed someone had 2x voted him off).

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Start of Round 6

Eliminated Players
    Cythraul
    Grunt's Ghosts
    H3Knuckles
    Mikey CTS - Inactivity

Eliminated Features
    One, Two, Two, Three
    Red, Blue, Blue, Green
    Triangle, Triangle, Square, Circle

Remaining Players
    Assuran
    Brody
    discrider
    LostNinja
    MagicPrime
    Preda
    premium

Remaining Features
    One (x2), Two (x1), Three (x4)
    Red (x1), Blue (x2), Green (x4)
    Triangle (x3), Square (x4)

Because there are so few players remaining, RPS plays will be performed as replies to role PMs. In addition, please let me know via PM if you are comfortable with me making an executive decision on ending the game early if I feel the outcome is clear after Round 6 results are processed.

Round 6 is scheduled to end Wednesday, March 22, 9pm PDT / Thursday, March 23, 12am EDT / 4am UTC.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Wow, bloody night.

Did anyone get more than 19 points?
    I think I may have just won a round of RPS.

edited March 2017
    0o0o0o0o0o0o0

Well, initially I wasn't taking this seriously at all. When I'd survived to day 4 I decided that since I was still in, then I might as well be in it to win it (sorta like Jeremy Clarkson on that one Top Gear where they had to do a fuel-economy race from France to Blackpool and he tried and failed to sabotage his run). So I started trying to reconstruct who's who, do vote analysis, network a little more, etc. And I get killed on day 5. :P

0o0o0o0o0o0o0

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Sorry knuckles

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Sorry I was AFK for the vote. I was planning on voting closer to end of day but I just got back to my house about an hour ago. Death in the family.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    So Brody's the only person who hasn't told me he shares an alignment with me.
    Seems like a safe bet?
    Although he's been voting my way so idk.

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    I can agree on Brody.

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Sorry I was AFK for the vote. I was planning on voting closer to end of day but I just got back to my house about an hour ago. Death in the family.

Sorry for your loss.

discrider wrote: »
    So Brody's the only person who hasn't told me he shares an alignment with me.
    Seems like a safe bet?
    Although he's been voting my way so idk.

I'm Green.

Preda because I have no idea what anyone is.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I guess Brody it is.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    So... any greens want to not vote for me? @discrider maybe?

• Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    OOOoooOOOoooOOOoooOOO

Wait... I thought I voted yesterday?

Ah well. Next time, discrider!

oooOOOoooOOOoooOOOooo

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
    I'll go for Preda today.

edited March 2017
    Brody wrote: »
    So... any greens want to not vote for me? @discrider maybe?

Yeah, I don't particularly want to vote for you, or vote for anyone, but there are too many triangles left for me to just throw my vote away :/

Like ideally at this point I'd just let my attributes sort each other out.

discrider on