As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Agents of [The Division] - Directive 51 remains in effect

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Here I had thought 1.6 had dropped already....

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Just set a release date already.

Sirialis on
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    From what I gather it's been pushed to cert so the ball is in MS and Sony's courts now.

WTB early PC release.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    1.6+Last Stand are coming out on Tuesday 28th on all platforms.

7qmGNt5.png
    edited March 2017
    Spent some time with Last Stand, color me unimpressed, too bad because even though the Survival DLC was pretty rough around the edges, I ended up liking that a fair bit.

This DLC feels like one of the first PvP games ever made.

No mute options, laggy as shit too much of the time (teleporting players and mobs), unbalanced weapons, horrible matchmaking, winning is all that matters yet I constantly get thrown into already lost matches, get shot through walls if laggy enough, Objective based PvP feels really forced. - the whole nine yards.

One really annoying mouthbreather (who kept coughing like he was dying) kept whining that we sucked because we were about to lose one match (ironically he was the worst player in the entire match) I had to look up his gamertag and mute him solely through Xbox Live.

Sirialis on
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Well...looks like a "Year Two" of DLCs was announced today (might've been yesterday). Sounds like the emphasis (at least for the early DLC packs) is going to be on PvE content (yay!).

Oh, and another "yay!" moment: sounds like Year Two DLC content is going to be free (well, they specified two separate expansion packs that will be made for free...who knows if there'll be more).

Arekkz Gaming's video discussing it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jddDjpYLWZo

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    Hurrah, snagged that Master Survivalist nod today, starting to get a good feel for where and how to go places in Survival now, even if I get too greedy and faceplant half the time still. Played a round of Last Stand as well and it's..fine? Nothing particularly special but admittedly I'm not a PvP person in any game really. What I do like is that in combination with the increased DZ size, I've suffered only a single 4v1 stomp since release.

7qmGNt5.png
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Started over on this game as I haven't played since release... Does it take anyone else a good 3 minutes to actually connect to this game? On top of that I'm getting a ton of graphical glitches (game freezes for a good 2-3 seconds at random times and skips ahead, textures aren't loading so sometimes I am walking into nothing but not able to move). Also having issues running at times... And I have to go in and disable the microphone every time I login.

Like this game feels buggier now than it was when it released.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    So, beat the main campaign and hit level thirty. Any particular activities I should be focusing on to improve my gear score?
    Also, I haven't seen any weapon mods with a gear score instead of just a level. Do weapon mods cap at level thirty?

Mods don't have a gear score, but they cap at level 34. Best thing to do to improve your gear initially is to do the supplies missions to make sure the whole base is unlocked, then either do the dailies (check the map, there's an option at the bottom) or clear out all the missions in each of the hideouts, then you can do search and destroy missions from the noticeboards there.

Once you get a message that says "New World Tier Available" you can change on the map to a harder instance that drops better gear, repeat until you get to World Tier 5, which drops 256 gearscore items, then you're away to whatever you want to do.

7qmGNt5.png
    Mods don't have a gear score, but they cap at level 34.
    I'm up to 199 and world tier three, and I'm still only seeing mods at level 30. When can I expect to start seeing them at a higher level?

I don't know what the breakpoint was but most/all mod drops at tier 5 are level 34.

Oh! Also you can buy crafting recipes from a vendor in the Terminal at the base that might help you fill gaps. It's a random-ish selection that changes on Saturdays. You can get 256/34 recipes there but I think that they might also be tied to the world tier as well.

7qmGNt5.png
    Man holy shit Nimble seems like most powerful thing in this entire game

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Hurrah, snagged that Master Survivalist nod today, starting to get a good feel for where and how to go places in Survival now, even if I get too greedy and faceplant half the time still. Played a round of Last Stand as well and it's..fine? Nothing particularly special but admittedly I'm not a PvP person in any game really. What I do like is that in combination with the increased DZ size, I've suffered only a single 4v1 stomp since release.

Does everyone count as a rogue in that mode? I would like to knock out the kill rogues achievements without being a monster myself.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    edited March 2017
    I got that achievement early in the games lifespan on my fully kitted out low level dude.

I think you can get a friend to act as the "rogue" on the same server somehow if you dont feel like potentially annoying other people.

I havent heard of Last Stand working towards rogue kills at least, but I guess it might?

Sirialis on
  • GSMGSM Registered User regular
    Potentially annoying other people? If they're marked as a rogue agent, that means they're fine with playing villain in your game...

I really wish they had set up better incentives for playing as a rogue agent. "Be a jerk and steal loot" is difficult to position in a game about being the hero who saves society from disaster. What I'd like to see is a weekly one-life opportunity to join a DZ session lower than your current level, where you get Rogue Agent status the moment you enter. That would make things exciting and encourage teamwork to take down an overpowered rogue agent. They wouldn't even collect loot, but they'd get DZ funds for every kill (with diminishing returns for killing the same agent multiple times).

We'll get back there someday.
    edited March 2017
    Some people in the Dark Zone will try to bait solo players to become Rogues while they themselves are part of a roaming group, I think this is a cowardly way to play though.

People will follow you, preferably with at least 2+ on 1 and start firing at you with a pistol, just enough so they dont go Rogue, they'll keep doing this until you retaliate and when you do that, you trigger Rogue status on yourself and is considered fair game to kill for their group and they instantly mow you down, some people also keep running into your LoS when you are trying to attack mobs.

Had a pair of assholes trying that, but I knew what they were doing and didnt fire back, after his buddy got downed to normal mobs while following me, I killed both of them, I think thats the only time I've gone Rogue intentionally.

Sirialis on
    Yeah, I wanted to unlock it without boosting/cheesing it.

Most situations where I had been in the DZ rogue fights were heavily stacked against me, so I avoided pk combat.

edited March 2017
    I'm only missing the achievement for "Win 50 rounds of Last Stand" and I'm at 33%, wish it was 10 or 20 rounds, because I'm already bored with it.
    Yeah, I wanted to unlock it without boosting/cheesing it.

Most situations where I had been in the DZ rogue fights were heavily stacked against me, so I avoided pk combat.

The most reliable way would probably be to follow solo players in the DZ and jump into their LoS when they are attacking mobs I guess, had some dudes doing that to me, I would consider you an asshole if you did this however.

Sirialis on
    without becoming a monster, Siri. WITHOUT. :P

Do you have the Season Pass? It wouldnt take many rounds to see if Last Stand works for that achievement, using Survival PvP mode for it would be a tad trickier though.

Does everyone count as a rogue in that mode? I would like to knock out the kill rogues achievements without being a monster myself.

Last Stand doesn't have any rogue flagging in it, it's just team 3 point King of the Hill with tickets so it wouldn't work for you sadly.

I also got killed again in the DZ for the first time in ages, while fighting alongside a group, after saving one of them from a KO I got shot in the back during a break between waves of enemies, I wasn't even carrying any loot so those guys were just asses.

7qmGNt5.png
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    tbh the DZ and everything about it was incredibly poorly thought out from the get go

It's basically a paradise for trolls, especially if any given troll has 3-7 friends

honestly I don't know how you implement that kind of mechanic without assholes finding a way to game it

Though it did result in me laughing hysterically at a couple of guys with very proper British accents who were trying their very best to bait my group into attacking them so maybe it's not all bad

• GSMGSM Registered User regular
    It's not even a paradise for trolls, because the role specifically created for them isn't attractive enough, and instead they try to trick other players into accidentally taking that role. That's screwed up. Serious question: how often have you seen anybody cut the rope? How often do you encounter intentional rogue agents? Going rogue is a mechanic that should act like a pressure valve on trolling, and give them something fun to do that also makes the game fun for everybody else. If it's not doing that, it's still broken.

I think they could make it work, but in addition to game mechanic tweaks, they'd have to massage the fiction around it a lot. Probably more than they could afford to write/record on their free updates model for year 2.

And I still don't think I understand the DZ merchants. They're just really rude? And seem to suggest they're doing something illegal? Merchants in general in this game have been pretty useless. I have tons of basic funds and nothing worth spending them on. And I don't have any DZ funds because recovering anything from where I died was never worth it.

I like this game a lot, but its economy makes no sense.

We'll get back there someday.
    I've encountered plenty of rogue agents. Saw three just during yesterday.

Thing is, I can see the fun and have had fun 1 vs 1 or even 2 v 1 with rogues, but 99% of the time it's 4 of them curbstomping one of you and I don't really see the appeal of that for anyone?

7qmGNt5.png
    Yeah, but you just take the death and then avoid them. I think it's worth it for that tension it gives interacting with other players.

Thing is, I can see the fun and have had fun 1 vs 1 or even 2 v 1 with rogues, but 99% of the time it's 4 of them curbstomping one of you and I don't really see the appeal of that for anyone?

I think the whole drive behind the Dark Zone was the popularity of pk/trolling borne from games like Day-Z and such. Except, where people were dicks because there were no zombies in that game, you have fully functional AI and PVE content that you want people to engage in despite the risk of being PK'd.

Most of the time I encountered intentional rogues they were in groups too and it was best to simply avoid them or change instance. It wasn't fun. I don't think there is even a way to make it fun for everyone. They added cut the rope because getting ganked at extraction was largely a contest of tanking damage and maybe "winning" in that at least you extracted your stuff.

cB557 wrote: »
    Yeah, but you just take the death and then avoid them. I think it's worth it for that tension it gives interacting with other players.

Oh sure the tension of seeing another player is exciting, but it evaporates completely when you see a group because they are almost certainly going to shoot you.

7qmGNt5.png
    cB557 wrote: »

Oh sure the tension of seeing another player is exciting, but it evaporates completely when you see a group because they are almost certainly going to shoot you.

Oh and don't forget the hackers. Those guys are really fun.

• ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    How hard would this game be to get into, this late in? There's a few good sales right now, but still looking around $40 to drop on the main game and dlc.

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    How hard would this game be to get into, this late in? There's a few good sales right now, but still looking around $40 to drop on the main game and dlc.

The leveling is still the best part, imo. Before the enemies get bullet spongy. Once you hit 30 its a short trip to maximum gear score with several options for both the solo and coop player. The game can be a lot of fun, but you have to be willing to do repetitive shit over and over to find it. $40 for everything isn't bad at all, as the DLC is what takes the game from "that was sorta fun" to "This is what they marketed and I've been waiting for".

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »

The leveling is still the best part, imo. Before the enemies get bullet spongy. Once you hit 30 its a short trip to maximum gear score with several options for both the solo and coop player. The game can be a lot of fun, but you have to be willing to do repetitive shit over and over to find it. $40 for everything isn't bad at all, as the DLC is what takes the game from "that was sorta fun" to "This is what they marketed and I've been waiting for".

I have to admit, the Survival stuff was probably the most fun I've had with the game in quite a whiles.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    The main question you need to ask is "Do I like Diablo-style loot gathering games?" because that's basically what this is, but a cover shooter instead of isometric hack and slash. I've got a lot of enjoyment out of the game 100% solo since I got it after christmas so it was worth it for me coming in "late".

The Survival mode is well worth picking up if you aren't going to get the season pass, but see if the pass is the same cost as survival+underground, because they are what round out your options. I wouldn't say Last Stand is worth buying separately at all though.

7qmGNt5.png
  • KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »

I have to admit, the Survival stuff was probably the most fun I've had with the game in quite a whiles.

Survival took the game from "oh boy, loot shooter" to "THIS IS AMAZING" for me, no question. That DLC is required to enjoy the game, imo.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
    Ah, finally, got myself a fifth Predator's Mark piece. Now I can swap back to my Nimble holster and still have the four piece bonus. Took me a good bit to finally find one.

Looks like an update just came out that added loadouts and nearly doubled the inventory space. So, that's nice.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Erlkönig wrote: »

Survival took the game from "oh boy, loot shooter" to "THIS IS AMAZING" for me, no question. That DLC is required to enjoy the game, imo.

I never tried any of the DLC. Honestly, the best time I had with the game was during the beta when all of us were really going hard. It was all downhill from launch.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Anybody have tips for dealing with dark zone griefing? Came across a level 29(44DZ) in the DZ last night who kept mowing my friend and I down wherever we went in the area (we were level 25 and in no way able to stop them). Seems pretty obvious this person was intentionally staying under level 30 to kill lowbies for jollies. In a perfect world, I know other players of 29 would come in and kill the rogue agent, but pop-levels probably don't allow for that right now.

We managed to get our stuff from our bodies, to a safe house, and then we just logged off in the hopes they'd be gone whenever we logged back in. This seems sub optimal. Is there a different way to switch like..dark zone instances?

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
    If you have a friend in a different instance I believe you can switch. But no, there's no real thing to do against griefers.