As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Heroes: Part 2, The Revengeance

12345679»

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Mohinder can't die... because then who would be the annoying narrator?

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ringo wrote: »
    Mohinder can't die... because then who would be the annoying narrator?

He can still narrate. They killed the narrator in OZ in the last season and just had him keep narrating. Or maybe we find out his power is being a bodiless voice. But I think if they kill him, it needs to be at Noah's hands.

Thomamelas on
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    my guess is that the other twin will die at sylar's hand and nikki is finally going to die. I seriously doubt Hiro or Peter are going to die

smokmnky on
  • LynxLynx Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Bucketman wrote: »
    So it says that next week
    2 heroes will fall.
    It looks like they kill Hiro off. Which would piss me off to no end.
    And I'm guessing Mohinder is properly fucked. Which I'm OK with

Fall doesn't nessecarily mean die. And, technically, it's three.

Read at your own risk!
    Nikki dies saving Monica from a fire.
    Sylar shoots Maya. . .only to have Mohinder save her with Claire's blood.
    Nathan gets increadibly sick. I'm assuming from the virus, although I have a feeling it has something to do with Adam's blood. I'm starting to think Adam's blood very well might be the virus. Or at least very toxic.

Lynx on
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Re: Adams blood

Perhaps it "runs out" eventually and needs to be refreshed? It's one thing for people who produce it to keep recovering from fatal injuries, but perhaps those who have it introduced to the system need a top up now and then.
    That could explain why Nathan gets sick, he has been the person saved by regenerative blood that has been walking around for the longest time, so far as we know

Could lead to some interesting, but creepy, places if HRG essentially becomes dependant on his kids blood to survive.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • FogDogFogDog Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So at the end of this week's episode:
    Does anyone else think that it was Noah who shot Nathan. The build looked the same, but the actor was too far away to get a good look. This would make sense based upon the recent events, although you have to wonder just how fast he can travel if he got there from his house.

FogDog on
  • JohnDoeJohnDoe Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Seems like teh most likely candidate.
    I like to think it was future Peter- why? I don't know.

JohnDoe on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    Tach wrote: »
    Nah- Issac wrote and drew her in 9th Wonders as a hero. It'll happen. He painted the future, and has been mostly accurate. I'm sure it'll be okay.

and on the cover of the 9th wonder that the dude burned in the house, she had the same wavy dagger that was in the vault adam and peter busted into

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I don't understand why the virus had been released in the future Peter went into. It's only Peter's actions to prevent the release of the virus that led to it nearly being released, and even then the virus wasn't released.

Did his trip to the future somehow cause him to, eventually, place his faith in his brother rather than Adam and, in doing so, change the future? Would that mean that the original future had Peter handing the virus to Adam, leading to its release?

If so, that would make for two bleak futures that Peter has attempted to prevent only for it to be revealed that he's the dick who made everything shitty in the first place.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    also, is that chick just non-existant anymore? she just vanished into a future that no longer exists? pretty shitty, pete

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Lostprophet8Lostprophet8 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    You know, I've been wondering about that. Maybe she is still there, but the future is better. Maybe she managed to hook up with the Pete from the future.

Also, am I crazy or was the Kensai emblem in the ashes after Peter incinerated the virus. Maybe that is how is spread. Or maybe it is like the Legacy virus that spreads after the initial carrier (Nathan) dies.

Lostprophet8 on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Servo wrote: »
    also, is that chick just non-existant anymore? she just vanished into a future that no longer exists? pretty shitty, pete

Well, it's not like anyone's gonna miss her 'cause Peter also got her brother killed inadverdantly.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • TachTach Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Unless they explain how time travel works in the show, we'll probably never really know. In most time stories, a specific event causes the bad bad future timeline. In this case, it was probably that Peter removed himself from the timeline- and Adam somehow released the virus himself. Without Peter's interference, the vial would have smashed, and poof! The end.

With the girl, again without knowing how Heroes handles time, there's no way to really know what happened to her.

And yes, there was a brief Kensai symbol in the dust.

Tach on
  • FogDogFogDog Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Im kinda of glad Peter did the whole radiation thing to destroy the virus. It seems like one of the first smart scientific moves out of all the characters in the show. Although i hope they dont say that the radiation made some wacky strain that survived or something, when we all know that couldnt really happen

FogDog on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    FogDog wrote: »
    Im kinda of glad Peter did the whole radiation thing to destroy the virus. It seems like one of the first smart scientific moves out of all the characters in the show. Although i hope they dont say that the radiation made some wacky strain that survived or something, when we all know that couldnt really happen

Something weird did happen when he irradiated it...

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    FogDog wrote: »
    So at the end of this week's episode:
    Does anyone else think that it was Noah who shot Nathan. The build looked the same, but the actor was too far away to get a good look. This would make sense based upon the recent events, although you have to wonder just how fast he can travel if he got there from his house.

on subject of the spoiler
    Peter really is dumb, couldn't he just have stopped time and looked around for the killer.

Edit: so Pete's not a quick thinker. At least stop time so he can think when shit goes down. Unless of course the haitian was there but seems weird he'd go back to the company too.

Last season some stupid shit happened but it wasn't quite as bad as this season, I'm still excited for part 3 but gah...

Prospicience on
  • CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm not so sure I like this show anymore. I suppose I should give them another chance next season, given the extenuating real life circumstances, but nowadays I view this show as a few isolated bits of cool drowning in a sea of shit.

But on the other hand, season 3 looks like it will be taking the subplot of season 1 and making it the main plot. Ugh. :x

CyberJackal on