As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yo, ho, yo, ho/ a [Chat]ter's life for me

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    So...whattaya think? Too much - or not enough?
    Now go post in H/A to show your solidarity.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So Shinto was jailed?

Well, there goes the election.

Gim on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Now go post in H/A to show your solidarity.

Still not a good enough reason to post in H/A.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    So...whattaya think? Too much - or not enough?

Not enough.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    DrDizaster wrote:
    Dear Shinto,

You have received an infraction at Penny Arcade Forums.

Reason: Minor Offence
    Okay so here's what you did wrong:
    First you ignored a request from a mod (ie, me) telling everyone to drop a subject.
    Second you decided that you were the guy to decide what is and isn't worth posting.
    Third you figured that if you were an outrageous cunt about it that you'd be able to just cry abuse when you got nailed on it.

These were all mistakes. Don't try that shit again. Any of it. Thanks.

This infraction is worth 2 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    [post]3791541[/post]
    Eat your fucking breakfast. Jesus Christ. This information is EVERYWHERE. Anything that tells you anything about diet will start with "don't skip meals, don't skip breakfast". If you don't eat breakfast you will definitely get aids in your face and die. Eat your fucking breakfast.

You know, the kid just wanted to know how to make his stomach not grumble.

He didn't come in here requesting cliche dietary advice that is only tangentially related to his problem.

All the best,
    Penny Arcade Forums
    Shinto wrote:
    You know, I think I'll just stay out of H/A for good. Clearly something about a rather minor exchange between CT, VC and I, which existed for roughly five minutes before being deleted at VC's request, was incredibly offensive to you. I don't aim to inspire that kind of reaction. For my part, I don't really care to be the butt of abuse like being called an outrageous cunt. I sincerely hope we never cross paths on the forum again.
    DrDizaster wrote:
    I'm sorry but did you or did you not break a couple rules back there

oh right, you did

so don't act like you didn't have the infraction coming and don't tell me about how you're being abused

ps good job not being completely predictable
    Shinto wrote:
    No, I want the last word.

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Shinto on
  • Options
    PicardathonPicardathon Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Wait...Shinto?
    Jailed?
    Bwuh?

Picardathon on
  • Options
    ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    what thread were you jailed in shinto?

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Shinto wrote: »
    Shinto wrote:
    No, I want the last word.

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hahahaha good show

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    It's amazing how little power it takes to go to some people's heads.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    Shinto wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Oh snaps, what did you get jailed for Shinny?

Apparently we cannot have people disagreeing with Tube?

I don't know. I saw something one way, Tube and VC saw it another way. I couldn't really argue my case because, you know, they weren't interested and it would have just derailed the thread. VC asked us to delete our two post exchange and I did.

Then I got a message from DrDizaster four hours afterward calling me an outrageous cunt and infracting me.

So what I'm taking away from this is:

1. Never talk to Tube.

2. Don't go to H/A anymore.

3. DrDizaster is kind of an abusive dickwad.

Christ you really are true to form, aren't you?

Everyone was told to drop the subject in the thread, and then you decided that no, your opinion was so important that it had to be stated for the record. Great job.

And not only that, but you figured the best way to do that would be to pick the admin who agreed with the same thing that like six other people had said, so that you could be really outrageous about it and then if something happened you could cry mod/admin abuse. Really clever. I haven't seen that one before. No, really. First time anyone's ever done that.

And now, just like VC predicted, the moment you pull an infraction you're in here playing the fucking martyr because I guess post histories only work for users, not mods? Seriously.

Fuck yourself, Shinto. You're completely fucking absurd in the most pathetic, predictable way possible.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    I didn't abuse it nearly enough when I was a mod.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    *opera applause*

Gim on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    He deleted the offending post, man. Where's the problem?

• Options
    edited December 2007
    Wow, how'd you find this conversation so quickly?

Edit: Ah, that post is like 45 minutes old.

Gim on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2007
    Wow, what a load of piss-ant bullshit. I feel great knowing that the go-to forum for people with emotional or health problems is being moderated by such a level-headed guy.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Oh boy DrDizaster is here to do his Mod Tough Guy act again.

Fuck off

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Oh wow.

You are a totally cunt you know that Dr.Dizaster.

Do you really feel the need to flex your e-muscles so hard?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    celery77 wrote: »

Actually, he didn't. He deleted one of his multiple posts. VC split the retard act off into the trashcan.

None of which actually nullifies derailing the thread for the egotistical need to have his personal opinion on the subject known, after being told specifically that the tangent was off topic and closed.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    DrDizaster wrote: »

Actually, he didn't. He deleted one of his multiple posts. VC split the retard act off into the trashcan.

None of which actually nullifies derailing the thread for the egotistical need to have his personal opinion on the subject known, after being told specifically that the tangent was off topic and closed.

Dry your eyes, little one

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Looks like you've got your work cut out for you on getting that last word, Shinto.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Wow, this would be a great stand off if it weren't such a pile on.

Picardathon on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Were you born with a stick up your ass Dr.? Or did it find its lodging at a later date?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Look Doc, you do your "modding" in H/A, and we'll make fun of you for it. That's the deal.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    H/A really isn't worth a damn if you can't post without getting infracted. Just because it occasionally deals with sensitive subjects doesn't mean the modocracy needs to constantly smash every slightly unhelpful post with an iron fist.

• Options
    edited December 2007
    Wait, I thought it was three points for jailing...

Picardathon on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    It's rare to see the full force of D&D's blistering mockery and sarcasm being brought to bear without mercy. I quite enjoy watching it when it happens.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    DrDizaster wrote: »

Lord knows the best place for a discussion on a discussion forum is the trash.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    It's rare to see the full force of D&D's blistering mockery and sarcasm being brought to bear without mercy. I quite enjoy watching it when it happens.
    It's even rarer that we all agree on who's being an ignorant cockbite asshole.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    H/A really isn't worth a damn if you can't post without getting infracted. Just because it occasionally deals with sensitive subjects doesn't mean the modocracy needs to constantly smash every slightly unhelpful post with an iron fist.

You just don't understand the immense pressures he is under.

He moderates on a web forum. That kind of stress can drive lesser men insane, and he's pretty clearly a lesser man

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Celery, can I copy that?

Picardathon on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    And the worst part is that Will actually looks "good" now in comparison.

• Options
    edited December 2007
    Did he really bugger off that quickly?

Weaksauce.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Senjutsu wrote: »

He moderates on a web forum. That kind of stress can drive lesser men insane, and he's pretty clearly a lesser man
    Now that's just offensive to all the lesser men out there.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

I think it says a lot that this is the first time I've ever actually seen Pheezer/Dr.D post. Even as a casual browser of H/A, the only way I'd ever even known of his existence before now is from the infractions in people's profiles.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    As this theater season ends, so does another one begin. It is the way of things.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Celery, can I copy that?
    Copy what? And yeah, whatever it is, feel free. I've double-checked the D&D rules and I don't think anyone will get infracted if we borrow from each other, although I'm considering making an H/A thread just to make sure.

But wait -- if I post in H/A, I'll probably get infracted, so actually I'll leave it.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »

Now that's just offensive to all the lesser men out there.

And to the insane.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    As this theater season ends, so does another one begin. It is the way of things.

Theater girls are weird.

But daaaaamn they can be hot.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Wait, I thought it was three points for jailing...

And Shinto has four points at the moment.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Celery, can I copy that?
    Copy what? And yeah, whatever it is, feel free. I've double-checked the D&D rules and I don't think anyone will get infracted if we borrow from each other, although I'm considering making an H/A thread just to make sure.

But wait -- if I post in H/A, I'll probably get infracted, so actually I'll leave it.
    Just PM a real mod. It's safer that way.

Fencingsax on
This discussion has been closed.